The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="191315" data-time="1441940395">
Gfriend became viral, but not for their songs, but for <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=226&v=A ... 8">falling 6 to 7 times on stage</a> with multiple slips. Same shit as always, it rains and there is no stuff to dry everyting up in 30-45 seconds between performances. Or maybe they just washed the whole stage with vegetable oil or something.

Anyway, I couldn't help but laugh everytime they fell, then I would feel bad for how ridiculous the whole situation is, I think these are the common reactions for this kind of things...

They made it to the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ilymail</a> and other western sites too.</blockquote>

Honestly if I were part of this performance I would probably be laughing myself, even if I were the one falling. :D Props to them for finishing though!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I saw a webm of that a few days ago and it is the only interesting thing that utterly boring group ever did (or had happen to them).
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I admire their level of professionalism, all things considered. Even so I agree that they're not all that interesting.

Lovelyz released their first mini album "Lovelyz8" on October 1st. It's their first release since Jisoo rejoined the group after her scandal, hence the title.

Pre-release track: Shooting Star
Title track: Ah-Choo
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In today's New York Times, Jon Caramanica reviews BigBang's Sunday night concert in Newark: 

Review: BigBang, Following the K-Pop Playbook With Flash
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

JYP got a new girlgroup out called Twice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtV5esQT6I

Well done, another group name that will make it hard to find on Google.

A bunch of pretty girls, but the blonde one stood out to me. Probably also because those fishnets :drooling:.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

A friend of mine's a lawyer and he called me yesterday to tell me that one of his clients is set to marry a K-pop star, none other than Jessica Jung, formerly of Girls' Generation. He figured I was the only person he knew who would have heard of her. Apparently, she runs a very successful fashion company in Seoul called Blanc & Eclare. Her fiancé is based in Hong Kong.

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

She left the group/was kicked out to pursue her fashion dream/wasn't focusing on the group because of B&E.
Those are old news tho you are not in, Madara!

In other news, U-kiss' former member Dongho, who was one of the youngest Idols to debut, is getting married next month, at the age of 21.
They've been dating for a year and a half but people believe he just might be pregnant.

And also, Brown Eyed Girls will FINALLY come back in November 5th.
K-netz still don't get over the fact that Gain has cut her hair, they never say anything about GD's ridiculous hairstyles but they rage over Gain's
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="192363" data-time="1445938962">
A friend of mine's a lawyer and he called me yesterday to tell me that one of his clients is set to marry a K-pop star, none other than Jessica Jung, formerly of Girls' Generation. He figured I was the only person he knew who would have heard of her. Apparently, she runs a very successful fashion company in Seoul called Blanc & Eclare. Her fiancé is based in Hong Kong.

http://www.kpopmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/tumblr_inline_ncpolu24oI1s7tksc.jpg
</blockquote>

So the questions is... can you get me some of her panties? :ssh:
Trust me, it's only for "recreational activities".
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Madara"]

[/quote]

I can't tell from this picture if that's her rumored boyfriend who's also her business partner for Blanc & Eclare, but being based in Hong Kong sounds right. From a quick Google search, looks like it is him: Tyler Kwon.

Well, good for her, I guess. I heard she's going into cosmetics as her next business venture, so hopefully that goes well. It all sounds very unfocused and all over the place to me though.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="192372" data-time="1445992276">It all sounds very unfocused and all over the place to me though.</blockquote>
That's how she always appeared to me.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Maybe... I just always thought she looked lazy next to the other girls in SNSD, not sure about the unfocused part.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="192372" data-time="1445992276"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="192363" data-time="1445938962">

A friend of mine's a lawyer and he called me yesterday to tell me that one of his clients is set to marry a K-pop star, none other than Jessica Jung, formerly of Girls' Generation. He figured I was the only person he knew who would have heard of her. Apparently, she runs a very successful fashion company in Seoul called Blanc & Eclare. Her fiancé is based in Hong Kong.

Image</blockquote>I can't tell from this picture if that's her rumored boyfriend who's also her business partner for Blanc & Eclare, but being based in Hong Kong sounds right. From a quick Google search, looks like it is him: Tyler Kwon.

Well, good for her, I guess. I heard she's going into cosmetics as her next business venture, so hopefully that goes well. It all sounds very unfocused and all over the place to me though.</blockquote>That is him. When she left SNSD there was a lot of discussion about how the way she runs B&E is basically how not to start a fashion business but the rumors are that Kwon is paying for literally everything so who knows. I don't actually know how successful it is but I don't think it's considered a very well known brand. It feels more like a little pet project than anything else, especially since she's the model for it.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="showraniy"]
Well, good for her, I guess. I heard she's going into cosmetics as her next business venture, so hopefully that goes well. It all sounds very unfocused and all over the place to me though.

[/quote]

She's into acting too and she will have a role in a Chinese movie
Image Hey
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="192372" data-time="1445992276">
It all sounds very unfocused and all over the place to me though.
</blockquote>

That's how she always appeared to me.[/quote]
She never stood out to me unless she had a solo song, duet or whatever. She was never really focussed on SoShi anyway, at least I don't think she was. I was shocked when I first found out she was leaving but after a while I realised I didn't really care.
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't know, I think Jessica is just an American. We don't generally worship our jobs/companies the way South Korean idols appear to be expected to. I still think it's fucking stupid that she was pressured by SM because she deigned to do something with her life that didn't give them profits. Of course, that's only a rumor and no one knows if that's exactly what happened, but it seems highly likely to me given SM's shitty corporate bullshit behavior in the past.

Also, beyond that, we're just lazy, so maybe there were bigger problems and that was the most convenient way to fire her.

More importantly, I worry that she's with Tyler Kwon and now marrying him for all the wrong reasons. If it's true that he's funding her companies, the power play there would make it highly difficult to leave him. I'm just generally skeptical of relationships where one partner has that kind of power over the other, since I've never seen it play out well.
Last edited by showraniy on Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That's probably not actually it, because a Super Junior member has his own fashion stuff (it started as an sunglasses company just like her's) and it's never been a problem for SME or his group. Jessica has lived in Korea since she was 11. I don't think it's an American thing, I think it's a Jessica thing. She's always been lazy in everything she's done.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Are SM getting any money from the sunglasses company?
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="192477" data-time="1446155459">More importantly, I worry that she's with Tyler Kwon and now marrying him for all the wrong reasons. If it's true that he's funding her companies, the power play there would make it highly difficult to leave him. I'm just generally skeptical of relationships where one partner has that kind of power over the other, since I've never seen it play out well.</blockquote>
Yeah, but maybe she's ok with that.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

RaNia - Demonstrate Teaser ··· After years of hiatus, they are coming back with the first ever black Idol, Alexandra Reid. Only 3 of the original members are still in the group and they've added 2 new Korean members, Seulji and Hyeme, but apparently nobody cares. Alexandra is actually a black and white mix but it seems like they want to promote her as african-american. Some more info about how Alexandra was added to the group here.

They'll start their promotions tomorrow in M!Countdown. Korean netizens seem to not care about her skin or race, most of them are asking if she even knows Korean and that she's pretty.
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I don't care much for Rania but dang she's pretty!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Here is her instagram if you wanna see more of her, she looks 10 times worse in the teaser than in real life for some reason.
Something I noticed now is that she doesn't appear with the group in any of the shots, she also doesn't dance with them.

I'm curious with this 'treatment', since RaNia was pretty much dead are they going to use her for public's attention and after a couple releases she'll go back to the US?
I hope she sticks with the group as a normal Idol. Dancing, appearing on TV, attending fansigns, etc...
Last edited by Derby on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She had visa issues and only joined a month ago. It's probable everything was finished and her stuff was done afterwards.

I'm guessing she won't last long, especially since Rania are 99% not getting paid.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I think they put her in the group to possibly make it big in North America (because huge groups like SNSD and 2NE1 totally did well too).

I don't find her particularly attractive.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="192708" data-time="1446665735">I think they put her in the group to possibly make it big in North America (because huge groups like SNSD and 2NE1 totally did well too).</blockquote>
They were supposed to do a simultaneous debut in South Korea and the US back in 2011. Both "Dr. Feel Good" and "Masquerade" had English versions when the mini-album was released. They ended up delaying their US debut though.

They tried to enter the US market again in 2013, this time with Snoop Dogg and 2 Chainz. I'd speculate it had something to do with "Just Go" since it also had an English version. They were even supposed to have an MTV reality show, but again, nothing materialized.

Another two years, and third time's a charm?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They also had a Spanish debut in the works that fell through last year. And a Korean comeback was planned but some fan site apparently ruined it. They also added a new member last year who left after a few festival performances.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

More RaNia news:<ul class="bbc">[*]The music video for "Demonstrate" was released yesterday. The new member doesn't appear in it despite the entire teaser was focused on her.[*]They performed on M! Countdown today with the new member.[*]The company must seriously be in the red. They're currently attempting crowdfunding for the new album.[/list]
Last edited by Zaeleus on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That crowd funding thing is done by everyone. Big Bang of all people are having one coming up soon.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet but Brown Eyed Girls released their MVs almost 2 days ago
Brave New World / / / Warm Hole

To be honest BNW hasn't grown on me, it's not an instant love like Sixth Sense or Kill Bill but I'll give it time 
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

"Brave New World" is definitely a weird song to use as the album's title track, but "Warm Hole" is a fun, despite how suggestive it is. Who would have thought BEG would be the ones to outdo Stellar's "Vibrato"?

The album itself is very consistent with BEG's style. "Wave" is really standout.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Nine Muses' "Sleepless Night" (lit. "Can't Sleep, Am Hungry") was released today after a barrage of baffling comeback teasers: Sojin, Hyemi, Kyungri, Keumjo, Hyuna, Minah, Sungah, and Euaerin. Produced by Brave Brothers, the song uses an unconventional song structure, with a lengthy instrumental break the latter third of the song.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.