The K-Pop Spam Thread

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Derby
ANGERME

Re: The K-Pop Spam Thread

Post by Derby »

I really did think the song was a bit messy but the worst thing is that I can barely hear their voices
Image Hey
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="193094" data-time="1448332119">I really did think the song was a bit messy but the worst thing is that I can barely hear their voices</blockquote>
I recommend listening to the version on the album rather than the YouTube video. The audio track in the video suffers the same bad mastering as what happened with AOA's "Heart Attack".
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Baek Yerin of 15& made her solo debut on November, 30th with her self written, composed and produced mini album "FRANK"

Title track: "Across The Universe"

2 of the albums songs, "As I Am" and "That's Why" are sung in English.

Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Shiroi"]

Baek Yerin of 15& made her solo debut on November, 30th with her self written, composed and produced mini album "<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVdaBGoXHHg">FRANK</a>"

Title track: "<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQuqs2LrXbo">Across The Universe</a>"

2 of the albums songs, "As I Am" and "That's Why" are sung in English.
[/quote]

Ah! For some reason I missed this! Thank you for posting!

Sometimes I spend so much time listening to girl groups, I forget how great some soloists are; in particular, BoA. I know this is pretty much the same as the Korean video, but I seriously cannot stop fangirling over how freaking beautiful she is. https://youtu.be/QEk2gODrWFs
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Currently I'm still laughing at how much of a disaster this year's MAMA was
Everyday I keep seeing articles of this and that stupid things that happened that night.

I hope they won't celebrate it next year, it makes people hyped af and get involved with polls and pointless fanwars just for a shitty and boring show
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="193242" data-time="1449231901">
Currently I'm still laughing at how much of a disaster this year's MAMA was

Everyday I keep seeing articles of this and that stupid things that happened that night.

I hope they won't celebrate it next year, it makes people hyped af and get involved with polls and pointless fanwars just for a shitty and boring show</blockquote>

Details? I didn't watch and I don't really follow K-pop news so I have no idea what happened other than that surprise 2NE1 performance.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Exo got the wrong trophy and they were like 'well maybe they should have read the name when we gave it to them' for one.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Well, there was no pressence of popular and senior groups like B2ST, BEG, Sistar, Girl's Day, AOA, Wonder Girls. I'm sure some groups attended but didn't get to perform.

PSY and CL, who didn't promote at all this year, used the award ceremony for their comeback stages + 2NE1 performing 2 OLD songs when, just like CL, didn't have any activities in 2015.

People are stil mad that iKON who received the male rookie award got 3 songs to perform in a 10 minutes stage while Twice who won the girl rookie award, just sat there and clapped for hours.

Apparently this year they didn't provide the public with lighsticks so the only lights you could see in the crowd were from the fans who bought their lighstick from home, making it look like every group got a black ocean + the crowd was semi-dead.

Taeyang unnecessary diss for those groups who left before they received their daesang, ignoring the true reasons those groups had so they couldn't stay there forever

People is also causing a fuss over the time distribution favoring YG groups, this is the time dis. with, I think, all the artists who performed that night:
Spoiler: [+]
EXO (13:10)

Bigbang (12:45)

iKON (10:10)

2NE1 (9:35)

PSY (8:41)

-

SHINee (7:18)

Monsta X & Seventeen (7:13)

Park Jin Young (6:35)

-

BTS (4:14 + 2:34 collab w/ GOT7)

GOT7 (3:41 + 2:34 collab w/ BTS)

Zion.T (4:20)

Hyuna (4:04)

F(x) (3:30)

F(x) & Pet Shop Boys (3:24)

Taeyeon (3:23)
YG: 41:20

SM: 30:45

Others: 32:29

I don't know if I'm forgetting things that made this MAMA suck so much, the sound system was shitty as always
Last edited by Derby on Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="193266" data-time="1449264131">before they received their daesang</blockquote>
Their what?
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

If I'm not wrong, it is the name for the award given to the artist of the year.
I remember it was related to the Golden Disk Awards so I'm not sure if it's an award exclusive to that ceremony or the term has proliferated to other music award shows.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

To be fair, BEG's songs didn't do very well on the charts and the other groups probably declined to go, especially WG given that other JYP acts were present. MAMA has always had a pretty lackluster lineup and has always catered a ton towards YGE, probably because they show up.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Lovelyz have just released their first single album, <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTWZeUL ... velinus</a>. The single album has been released in celebration of Lovelyz fandom being given their name, Lovelinus.

Title track: <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFnN0q05_B4">For You</a>

For You is the first title track by Lovelyz to top real-time charts.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="193210" data-time="1449112179">
<div>
Ah! For some reason I missed this! Thank you for posting!

Sometimes I spend so much time listening to girl groups, I forget how great some soloists are; in particular, BoA. I know this is pretty much the same as the Korean video, but I seriously cannot stop fangirling over how freaking beautiful she is. https://youtu.be/QEk2gODrWFs
</div>
</blockquote>
I almost missed it too and I love 15& lol I knew about Jimin's solo single long before she released it so I asked in 15&'s threat at OH! why there was little to no promo for Yerin's album and I was told Yerin is an introvert, will only talk to people if she has to and even then she speaks to the point and isn't comfortable with going on TV. She'll only promote on radio and her recently created "professional" Insta account.

This is a great album though, my favourite of the year actually ^-^

Oh gosh this! Just when I thought I was done fangirling over the Korean version the Japanese version had to be the same! lol
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It must've topped for a super short time because on the regular Melon chart they're already down to 69.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shiroi" data-cid="193331" data-time="1449591873">
I almost missed it too and I love 15& lol I knew about Jimin's solo single long before she released it so I asked in 15&'s threat at OH! why there was little to no promo for Yerin's album and I was told Yerin is an introvert, will only talk to people if she has to and even then she speaks to the point and isn't comfortable with going on TV. She'll only promote on radio and her recently created "professional" Insta account.

This is a great album though, my favourite of the year actually ^-^
</blockquote>

Yeah I'm a big JYP fan but I don't participate on any K-pop forums so I tend to not notice releases that aren't widely promoted.

That's really interesting that she's so shy. But actually with that style of music I couldn't really picture it on those big music shows anyway. Have you seen the live video for "Across the Universe"? It's so good I forgot for a second that I was listening to a live performance!

I haven't listened to the whole album, but I listened to the two English songs and I really love "As I Am". She wrote all the songs on the album, right? Amidst all the manufactured idol pop, it's nice to hear some more personal songs every now and then. :)
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shiroi" data-cid="193331" data-time="1449591873">Lovelyz have just released their first single album, Lovelinus. The single album has been released in celebration of Lovelyz fandom being given their name, Lovelinus.

Title track: For You

For You is the first title track by Lovelyz to top real-time charts.</blockquote>
One of my favorite groups this year.  :weeeh: Given the current season, it's interesting how summery the song feels, but I'll take it over a boring attempt at a Christmas song.

For those interested in Lovelyz, check out season 3 of Lovelyz Diary on YouTube. Episodes 1 and 2 are mostly talk; 3 and 4, variety games; 5 and 6, spooky hidden camera (tears of terror!); 7, POV from Lovelyz managers/staff; and 8, a manito game. It takes place after the readmittance of Jisoo and before the release of "Ah-Choo".

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="193339" data-time="1449596577">It must've topped for a super short time because on the regular Melon chart they're already down to 69.</blockquote>
It did peak at #1 on Mnet, but there was indeed a sharp drop after its release day. The aggregate score ranks it at #15 right now (real-time).
Last edited by Zaeleus on Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="Anderei"]
It must've topped for a super short time because on the regular Melon chart they're already down to 69.
[/quote]
Yep. 2 hours lol

As a big fan I'm just happy they charted at #1 at all lol

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Yeah I'm a big JYP fan but I don't participate on any K-pop forums so I tend to not notice releases that aren't widely promoted.

That's really interesting that she's so shy. But actually with that style of music I couldn't really picture it on those big music shows anyway. Have you seen the live video for "Across the Universe"? It's so good I forgot for a second that I was listening to a live performance!

I haven't listened to the whole album, but I listened to the two English songs and I really love "As I Am". She wrote all the songs on the album, right? Amidst all the manufactured idol pop, it's nice to hear some more personal songs every now and then. :)
[/quote]
Same. I only just recently joined OH! so if it wasn't for that I probably wouldn't have noticed this unless for whatever reason I went to find something on Yerin's wiki page.

It might be good for a show like Yoo Hee Yeol's Sketchbook but not for M! Countdown or Music Core. I have! I had to watch if a couple of times just to make sure the performance was actually live lol Yerin always sounds gorgeous live ^-^

Yep, she wrote and composed all the albums songs ^-^ That's Why is my favourite ^-^ Agreed, as much as I love pop music it's so nice and refreshing to hear music like this ^-^
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

After Gfriend going viral because their slippery stage and Lovelyz making it to an American TV show with their Beat it acapella cover,

Oh My Girl have made their way to American online tabloids. This year's rookies seem to have it easier to go viral lol

This issue started a couple of days ago. Oh My Girl travelled to the US for a photoshoot for their upcoming album, and to perform on some event in LA this Saturday.
As their plane landed in the US, police agents held the group in a room for over 10 hours before they were released. At first nobody knew what actually happened, their agency said that they were going to fly back to Korea as soon as they got released.

The funny thing is the reason why they were kept in a room for that long time. Having some visa problems with some members was one of the reason, but the cherry-on-top was when the American police checked their luggage, they found all the clothing for their photoshoot, I guess it was some sort of girlband 'uniformed' outfits, leading them to think they were basically prostitutes.

Apparently the staff who were with the group didn't really help them since they were telling the police they were 'sisters' probably a direct translation for eonni and dongsaeng.

fghvnd and tpkgldf
Image Hey
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Apple Music now has its own K-pop section (The kpop music now isn't stuffed into World music.) with pretty up to date releases. If you have it or not, it might be something to check out. :D 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Tzuyu from JYP's new group Twice is getting attention over waving a Taiwanese flag during an event.
Unfortunately, the agency is bowing to the anti-independence opinion:
http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/266472/20160114/twice-tzuyu-taiwan.htm
And they made her put out this horrible apology video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t57URqSp5Ew

EDIT:
This is a translation that got post, but I have no idea if it is accurate:
"Hello everyone, I am Tzuyu.

I am sorry. I should have apologized earlier but because I didn't know how to deal with current situation, I didn't have the courage to face everyone. There is only one China. Taiwan & China are one. I am proud that I am Chinese. As a Chinese, when promoting overseas, due to my negligence, I had caused my company as well as the friendly relationship between Taiwan & China harm. For that, I am very regretful & guilty.

I have decided to halt all my activities in China & seriously reflect.

Once again, I would like to apologize to everyone. I'm sorry."
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Wasn't she with the other 3 Japanese members who had Japanese flags too? so it wouldn't be weird to see a Taiwanese with Taiwan's flag but nope she must be an independentist
This has gotten so big it's ridiculous. Twice has been banned from China and even 2PM had to cancel their schedule over there because of this
Image Hey
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Fuck this sort of bullshit, lol. Poor girl, but I'm glad her apology feels like PR bullshit rather than her actual opinion on the topic, which gives hope that she isn't relenting her own values to please the whiners.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Isn't she like 16? She probably has no personal opinion on the matter at all. She can't be happy about how it's affecting every single person in the company though.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="194383" data-time="1452869237">
Wasn't she with the other 3 Japanese members who had Japanese flags too? so it wouldn't be weird to see a Taiwanese with Taiwan's flag but nope she must be an independentist

This has gotten so big it's ridiculous. Twice has been banned from China and even 2PM had to cancel their schedule over there because of this</blockquote>Taiwanese artists have to be pretty careful in mainland China about this sort of thing because of all the nationalist feelings.

JYPE's stocks have also gone down like 7%. They rely a lot on other Asian countries to make money so this is probably a very big deal to them. JYP personally apologized as well.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="194413" data-time="1452889521">JYPE's stocks have also gone down like 7%. They rely a lot on other Asian countries to make money so this is probably a very big deal to them.</blockquote>
Given the volatility of JYPE stock in the past year and that the entire KOSDAQ is down, this political situation is not the whole cause for the devaluation. The KOSPI is even at a localized low.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Anderei"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="194383" data-time="1452869237">

This has gotten so big it's ridiculous. Twice has been banned from China and even 2PM had to cancel their schedule over there because of this
</blockquote>
Taiwanese artists have to be pretty careful in mainland China about this sort of thing because of all the nationalist feelings.

[/quote]

I know you have to be careful with political issues but didn't THEY give her the Taiwan flag as a prop for that show or event? that is what I've read, they gave her the 2 flags and she's getting so much shit for that right now.
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I know that "this guy's comments on an AKF blog entry" doesn't sound like a very good source, but pikachuwei seems to be from Taiwan and what he writes is pretty interesting:
http://antikpopfangirl.blogspot.co.at/2016/01/why-im-stanning-tzuyu.html#comment-form

And I also know Onehallyu is a sucky place, but:
http://onehallyu.com/topic/272369-chinese-government-steps-in-censors-comments-and-blocks-searches-about-tzuyu-on-weibo/
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Stellar has a new song out, Sting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIj7j7mtNS4

Unfortunately, the MV is full of feet fetish shit. :sick:
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

They made a somewhat-3D version of Sting where you can move the camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55zEjX-lRE
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I've liked a lot of their stuff but this is super meh. A Korea must feel the same as it fell off the charts before they even performed it live.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

The song isn't bad, but the music video failed to be as controversial as "Marionette" and "Vibrato" were.

They've been fairly active on Makestar, almost reaching 3x their initial funding goal. I like the attempt at a multilingual video message they released when they reached 200%. Points for effort.
Last edited by Zaeleus on Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

GFriend - "Rough" MV

This group is on a roll! I have liked every song they've released so far. If they keep this up they might overtake Oh My Girl as my favorite 2015 rookies.