Takashi Miike to remake "Seppuku" ("Harakiri") in 3D

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

neshcom
ANGERME

Takashi Miike to remake "Seppuku" ("Harakiri") in 3D

Post by neshcom »

Masaki Kobayashi's 1962 film "Seppuku" (also known overseas as "Harakiri") is getting a 3D remake, with Takashi Miike taking the helm as director. The starring role, originally played by Tatsuya Nakadai (77), will be handed over to Ebizo Ichikawa (32), who last starred in the 2006 movie "Deguchi no Nai Umi" ("Sea Without Exit").

The "Seppuku" remake will have the honor of being the first jidaigeki film in 3D. Due to the classic status and famous cast members of the original work, Miike's version will undoubtedly draw much attention. Miike is looking to start shooting next month, with a release date sometime in 2011.

We've got some Japanese film fans here, so this should be good bad some news.

quick edit: FML. Subtitle was supposed to say "Will not feature Seppuku-mon."
Last edited by neshcom on Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Re: Takashi Miike to remake "Seppuku" ("Harakiri") in 3D

Post by aine »

[quote name='neshcom' post='85215' date='Sep 16 2010, 11:27 PM']good bad some news.[/quote]

Takashi Miike is always AWESOME news!

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
DarkRidley
Juice=Juice

Re: Takashi Miike to remake "Seppuku" ("Harakiri") in 3D

Post by DarkRidley »

I adore Takashi Miike's work. I watched Audition a couple years ago, loved it and I've followed him ever since. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the film he's remaking, but I trust Miike's abilities enough to be interested. I'll try and see the original sometime soon so I'm up-to-date.