OJS48/Ojisan48

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

neshcom
ANGERME

OJS48/Ojisan48

Post by neshcom »

After finding success with AKB48's family of idol groups, producer Yasushi Akimoto is experimenting with a slightly different formula for a new male unit called OJS48. The "OJS" in the name stands for "ojisan," referring to the fact that the average age of the group's 16 members is over 60.

OJS48 consists of 16 former police officers and detectives. At the center of the group is 63-year-old Mitsuo Nakatani, who made his solo debut as an enka singer last October with the single "Naniwa Deka Blues." Working with Akimoto, he gathered 15 of his friends to form OJS48.

The group's debut single is titled "Shinkokyuu." It will be released on October 13, though digital distribution will begin on September 29. The official YouTube channel of Victor Entertainment posted the song's music video on Tuesday.

OJS48 will hold a free live performance in Osaka on October 16.
Here's Shinkokyuu's video on YouTube.

The lead is surprisingly nasal for a male enka singer. Shinkokyuu is pretty boring, but the concept is...interesting? I wonder how long the group will be active.
Pflaume
ANGERME

Re: OJS48/Ojisan48

Post by Pflaume »

FINALLY.

I'm sorry, Patrick, Leonard. Anthony. Tim.

I'm leaving you. Japan has tapped into my One True Fandom.

It has found the very core of my desires and distilled it into the pure and beautiful form of a poorly produced song and dance act I can maybe pay to touch.

Adieu.
Last edited by Pflaume on Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

ANTHONY BOURDAIN

god damn plum i love you already stop trying to make me love you more

Hm.

I really like the idea/concept. I just hope there's no magazines with them strutting around in skimpy bathing suits.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote name='neshcom' post='85541' date='Sep 21 2010, 06:09 PM']Here's Shinkokyuu's video on YouTube.

The lead is surprisingly nasal for a male enka singer. Shinkokyuu is pretty boring, but the concept is...interesting? I wonder how long the group will be active.[/quote]

That video has a weird vibe to it... as if they're all ex-yakuza bosses.

I really wanted to laugh at this, but for some reason I couldn't.
DarkRidley
Juice=Juice

Post by DarkRidley »

I'm trying hard to find something interesting or funny about this, but I've got nothing. Even after watching Shinkokyuu again and again, I can't conjure up a clever witticism or even a simple opinion. It's just so bland. Seriously, what is the target audience of a video that contains little more than a bunch of listless old men swaying back and forth singing a sleepy ballad? To be fair, Akimoto turns pretty much anything he touches to gold right now, but I need more than this song/PV to convince me of its potential.
Special Needs Tricycle
ANGERME

Post by Special Needs Tricycle »

This shit needs to stop.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

....the fact that it's connected to AKB just makes it weird.

If it was a soloist it'd be normal though, imaging if they were dancing too!
rikako♡eripon♡airi