Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Public forum for all b!p related stuff (formerly "Lets work on blog!project!" thread).
Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by Meikochi »

Taylor, there are circa 7-10 Duu's posts you didn't translated, do you want me to stop prepping her a bit, to let you catch up ? (because if you don't want to translate them, just delete it)
Campy <3 !
Krymzon
Kenshuusei

Re: Lets work on blog!project! - ARCHIVED - SEE FIRST POST FOR IMPORTANT INFO AND LINKS

Post by Krymzon »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
Yeah, it doesn't have the self-hosted option, which is what I guess the problem was.  That's why I was wondering if anyone else has used it.  I guess it isn't going to help me translate at my client's after all haha
[/quote]

Does your page look like this?

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Nope. The surface apps seem to suck, but it looks like I can at least access the b!p login page through the browsers so I will try it that way when I next get a chance. Thanks for the help though <3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Estrea
Kenshuusei

Post by Estrea »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://imgbox.com/hZ1Bs0hK">[img]http:/ ... 1Bs0hK.jpg[/img]</a>
永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。
Mezumiiru
Kenshuusei

Post by Mezumiiru »

^Yay more blogs to prepp ^__^
i can prepp Nomura and Kisora if she will post
Last edited by Mezumiiru on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Post by WhiteForte »

Count me in with Kurumi, if there is someone willing to translate that is.
<p style="text-align:right;">PNG Emoji list http://blog-project.net/?p=253876&preview=true
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I will prep today's and yesterday's posts tonight. Sorry for the late notice.
Emoji List

<a href="http://blog-project.net/?p=80734&previe ... ew=true</a>
Sample Prepping Work Video
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Is any translator avaliable to translate one (or twice) Reina's birthday's posts ?

Thanks thaipokecard for fixing the bug I noticed :3.
Campy <3 !
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

Sorry for the lack of translations the past few days. I had a busy weekend and yesterday (the 10th) was my birthday.

I may be able to translate those two Reina posts if no one else is available. ^^
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Website | deviantART | Tumblr

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="Estrea"]
http://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/member/egg/2013dec/

Kenshuusei blog is up. >_>
[/quote]
I think I can try doing another blog again. I still want to do someone who doesn't post a lot.
Formerly Mizura
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

We're pretty swamped as it is with our lack of translators, and the kenshuusei aren't very high priority, though I'm obviously not going to stop anyone from translating their blog posts.  If/when we ever do start translating them we'll have to decide on and find an icon.  My personal smartass opinion is to use eggs.

P.S. Sorry I went a little AWOL, life happened, but I think I'm back, not looking forward to catching up, though. :hahaha:  But thank you to all my preppers for continuing to prep.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Yuki"]
Sorry for the lack of translations the past few days. I had a busy weekend and yesterday (the 10th) was my birthday.

I may be able to translate those two Reina posts if no one else is available. ^^
[/quote]

Thanks!
Which ones are you available ? First, second, third (she posted a post to thank everyone so maybe it's more interesting than another one)

Campy <3 !
WhiteForte
Juice=Juice

Post by WhiteForte »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="166665" data-time="1384280217">We're pretty swamped as it is with our lack of translators</blockquote>I guess another general call wouldn't be bad, right?
<p style="text-align:right;">PNG Emoji list http://blog-project.net/?p=253876&preview=true
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Yuki" data-cid="166639" data-time="1384206829">
<div>

[/quote]

Thanks!
Which ones are you available ? First, second, third (she posted a post to thank everyone so maybe it's more interesting than another one)

</div>
</blockquote>

I can do all three, I think. The first two are pretty short. ^^

...As for me, I'm getting the Sayumi posts I had before done, and trimming down the Mano drafts. I still am not able to take on another girl full-time, but if anyone needs help catching up or anything, just let me know!

I do think another call for translators would be a good idea. TnB still isn't back, for example...

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

[quote="WhiteForte"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="166665" data-time="1384280217">
We're pretty swamped as it is with our lack of translators
</blockquote>
I guess another general call wouldn't be bad, right?

[/quote]
Another call would work. Basically I think people need to be told that if they want the Kenshuusei blogs translated, there needs to be more translators.
Formerly Mizura
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Done (I wrote before the drafts "Reina") ! Thanks Yuki for this extra translation ! :sakura:

And eri, you forgot to replace my name by yours when you finished the translation of that post. I don't want to sort of "steal" your work ^^'.
Campy <3 !
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I'm a bit behind with prepping during eventful periods (Ayumin cameo in Juice=Juice's MV, long Maachan post regarding Reina's BD, etc.)
I will slowly get them by the end of today. :eekrun:
Emoji List

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI" title="External link">http://youtu.be/M84BcrIjbzI</a>

eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Done (I wrote before the drafts "Reina") ! Thanks Yuki for this extra translation ! :sakura:

And eri, you forgot to replace my name by yours when you finished the translation of that post. I don't want to sort of "steal" your work ^^'.
[/quote]

Oops, sorry! I fixed it.

I've been managing the draft backlog and no one has made a peep that we now only have 2 months of old drafts in there (Vs the original of like, 1 year).  This suggests that it hasn't interfered at all with translating.

Just fyi:
I want to trim it down to 1 month (ie. nothing before 10/13/2013).  One reason is, it is pretty obvious that no one is going back more to translate anything older.  Also, I scroll back to make sure I didn't miss any new posts and it bugs that there are still 25 pages of drafts there. The real reason of course is, it sets off my OCD tendencies.  I won't touch it for a while in case a translator asks me not to delete drafts that are dated 1 month or older. But by Xmas, we should only have a 1 month standing "buffer" backlog.  I honestly can't imagine anyone would go in and translate more than 30 old blog posts for 1 person in 1 sitting (an estimate considering most girls blog at least once daily). 
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Don't delete any of my girls, please, ever.  None of them go back quite that far (so if you stick with the 13th I won't have a problem), and most of my girls don't post even close to once a day.  Also, maybe just wait and let the translators decide especially since it's right around holidays?  A lot of people are gone/catching up.  It's possible to catch up 30 blog posts in more than one sitting, i.e. five or so at a time, and then being caught up in a week, I've done that before with Aika (though it wasn't quite 30, but you get the idea).
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="166718" data-time="1384366674">
<div>
[/quote]
Oops, sorry! I fixed it.
</div>
</blockquote>
Don't excuse yourself ! I pointed out for you, because you worked on it and my name was indicated so it wasn't right for you ^^'
Campy <3 !
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="NekoKai"]
Don't delete any of my girls, please, ever.  None of them go back quite that far (so if you stick with the 13th I won't have a problem), and most of my girls don't post even close to once a day.  Also, maybe just wait and let the translators decide especially since it's right around holidays?  A lot of people are gone/catching up.  It's possible to catch up 30 blog posts in more than one sitting, i.e. five or so at a time, and then being caught up in a week, I've done that before with Aika (though it wasn't quite 30, but you get the idea).
[/quote]

Okay, got it.

Ideally translators would just take care of their own queues.  But most people don't and there seems to be a lot of wasted effort on the part of the preppers.  

I guess it just strikes me as really weird to have literally pages and pages and pages of untranslated drafts piling up. If rokun is really planning on swooping in and translating 100 Shimizu Saki blog entries that are super outdated, more power to him but I just wanted to tidy things up.*

---
*Not actually an accurate count of Shimizu Saki blog drafts.  Just a random example.  
suishouyuki
つばきファクトリー

Post by suishouyuki »

[quote="Meikochi"]
[/quote]

Thanks and you're welcome! ^^

[quote="eri"]

I've been managing the draft backlog and no one has made a peep that we now only have 2 months of old drafts in there (Vs the original of like, 1 year).  This suggests that it hasn't interfered at all with translating.

Just fyi:
I want to trim it down to 1 month (ie. nothing before 10/13/2013).  One reason is, it is pretty obvious that no one is going back more to translate anything older.  Also, I scroll back to make sure I didn't miss any new posts and it bugs that there are still 25 pages of drafts there. The real reason of course is, it sets off my OCD tendencies.  I won't touch it for a while in case a translator asks me not to delete drafts that are dated 1 month or older. But by Xmas, we should only have a 1 month standing "buffer" backlog.  I honestly can't imagine anyone would go in and translate more than 30 old blog posts for 1 person in 1 sitting (an estimate considering most girls blog at least once daily). 

[/quote]
I did notice one or two Mano posts go missing as I keep a chronological list in Evernote. ^^; I must apologize for that backlog though. It happened when I temporarily took on Sayu and then things started picking up IRL and I had to drop Sayu. (Which is why I said above that I still can't take on another girl full time.)

Today I went back through and took care of a few more of Mano's drafts myself... I'll keep working through them until they're only from November.

Thanks for being on top of everything! I agree, we don't need to be swimming in stale drafts or wasting the efforts of the wonderful preppers. >_<

Banner by me.
Always a blue sky.
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

I think I've gotten into the groove of translating,
So am thinking of picking up Sudou Maasa and/or Miyamoto Karin.
Anyone willing to prep them?

Maasa posts about 12 times a month, so roughly three times a week.
Karin posts daily. Neither seem to use emoticons much from what I've seen.

It would be good if you could start from this post for Maasa; while for Karin, from this one.

Thanks.

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Skoban"]
I think I've gotten into the groove of translating,
So am thinking of picking up Sudou Maasa and/or Miyamoto Karin.
Anyone willing to prep them?

Maasa posts about 12 times a month, so roughly three times a week.
Karin posts daily. Neither seem to use emoticons much from what I've seen.

It would be good if you could start from this post for Maasa; while for Karin, from this one.

Thanks.
[/quote]

As I don't prep Mizuki and Reina at the moment (and Momusu4Ever should be back soon to take back Duu and Fukuhime), I can try to take both :).

I wrote before Maasa's posts "Sudou" and before Karin's ones "Karin" (shorter than Miyamoto)
Last edited by Meikochi on Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Skoban
つばきファクトリー

Post by Skoban »

[quote="Meikochi"]

As I don't prep Mizuki and Reina at the moment (and Momusu4Ever should be back soon to take back Duu and Fukuhime), I can try to take both :).

I wrote before Maasa's posts "Sudou" and before Karin's ones "Karin" (shorter than Miyamoto)

[/quote]

Cool.
Technically you're replacing Momusu4ever for both,
So I guess you can divide the workload once she comes back
If it becomes too much of a burden.

If you can prep the following for Karin
http://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/entry-11687613767.html
http://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/entry-11690163866.html
http://ameblo.jp/juicejuice-official/entry-11692620956.html
and for Maasa
http://ameblo.jp/sudou-maasa-blog/entry-11685433479.html
http://ameblo.jp/sudou-maasa-blog/entry-11691767463.html
then both girls'll be up to date.

Thanks again!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Or maybe she will want to take back all of her girls, we'll see ^^.

Of course, I hadn't enough time yesterday to prep them but I will do it tonight :).

EDIT : I'm sorry >< I made a mistake here; I forgot a " : " when I retyped emoticons, before the third " :heart: " on circa third line. Could someone correct it for me please >< ?
Last edited by Meikochi on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

^Corrected.

TnB is temporarily permanently gone, in other words if anyone wants to take on any of her girls permanently you're free to do so.  If you're covering for her (I think this is just taylor) you're no longer technically "covering" so if you want to keep both/either/neither of those girls let me know.  TnB said that whenever she comes back she'll take on whoever is needed, so no worries.
thaipokecard
Juice=Juice

Post by thaipokecard »

I didn't realize until now that I can view translated blog by author. (http://blog-project.net/author/thaipokecard)
There are some translated post under my name even though I never translate. :confused:
Translators, make sure to claim your precious work. :tongue:
Emoji List

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Would it be beneficial for you all to have a separate forum for b!p related discussions instead of this one thread? I find it a bit difficult to find information from even a few days ago here - but then I may be under a wrong impression since I don't need or follow it as actively as translators and preppers. If the tread is perfectly sufficient then there's no question.

As for a separate forum it would be just next to H!P Data Station. It would be regular, publicly accessible forum with no posting restrictions (because with some b!p staff being in 2 BBS sub-groups already another one would be difficult to implement). You could post threads eg. when going on holiday or having other unusual circumstances, or there could be a dedicated thread for each blog, or whatever you see fit.

I didn't run this idea through Berry yet so I don't know if she would approve, but voice your opinions please.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Actually that's a great idea.  And it could have different threads like...translation questions, prepper questions, technical, etc.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki