f(x) in the HOUSE!

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

showraniy
ANGERME

Re: f(x) in the HOUSE!

Post by showraniy »

Bitches, Amber is all up in the house. Loving her as always.

I love this song so far. Don't think it'll make it to any of my playlists (though it may surprise me), but that bass line is killer and the build-up at :40 and again at 2:35 is sick. Too bad the chorus doesn't build up to be something to match it.

Also, this is the first time I've thought Sulli was more than a total waste of space bogging down my f(x) enjoyment, so points for her badass styling and fucking cactus earrings what the what.
Last edited by showraniy on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4u3BzM0rqo">f(x)'s 2nd album "Pink Tape" video teaser.</a>

I love how f(x) always look like they got all their inspiration from tumblr. Also the red is not a good look for Krystal.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I'm really not very impressed with the album but I didn't listen all the way through. Are there some standout tracks I should check out?
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Post by Nacchi »

Which tracks have you heard?

I think that Goodbye Summer is very beautiful. It's by Amber, Luna and Krystal featuring D.O of EXO ^^
Abe Natsumi <3
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm really impressed with this Pink Tape album so far (as in I've only heard the first two tracks). This is the first time I've heard a Kpop sound that's so modestly produced; there aren't an insane amount of things going on at once--rare especially for f(x) in particular--but they're just songs with good vibes and they just ride those vibes solo and let that power the song along. No belted vocals, breakdowns, OR ELECTROPOP. It's so weird, I can't even wrap my brain around it.

Electronica is my favorite genre and I was and still am nothing but happy that it became a mainstream genre so I could eat it up all day long, but I'm loving this much more mellow sound. The music box soundclip thing is especially my brand of ear candy in Shadow. I could live without the arsty-fartsy poem at the beginning that's less about substance and more an excuse to have Krystal speak English, but at least it extends the song time somewhat.

I guess I recommend it for anyone who's into something a little different since, let's be real, Kpop has been the same for a long-ass time. And now watch the rest of the album be electropop just to make me look dumb.
Last edited by showraniy on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Have you ever listened to their first album? I think its pretty good as far as kpop albums go.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I haven't, and I just realized that because you asked. I only have from Pinocchio on. I also have a really strong kinda-like/hate relationship going on with Nu ABO, so I've avoided downloading anything with it in there. I ADORE La Cha Ta though, so were those two songs on separate releases? I'm confused by f(x)'s discography so I never know what's in which release. I was hoping La Cha Ta would've released on an album or EP or something, but my stealthy wiki search isn't looking that way.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Lachata is on their first album and so is Nu ABO.
Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Post by Nacchi »

I have to say that 'Beautiful Stranger' is the most beautiful song f(x) ever has done
Abe Natsumi <3
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

F(x)'s Red Light MV has been released!

Red Light

I'm happy this is way better than the Porrompompero
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's a good thing the MV was nice because the song sure wasn't worth sitting through.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

[quote="KawaiiYankee"]
I have to say that 'Beautiful Stranger' is the most beautiful song f(x) ever has done
[/quote]
I love Airplane, too.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Anderei"]
It's a good thing the MV was nice because the song sure wasn't worth sitting through.
[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know what the fuck SM is doing lately.

I find it even hard to clasify this as music.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I had higher hopes for the album, but out of the eleven tracks, I only really like three or so. Butterfly is nice.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I don't mind Red Light. As a whole, with the visuals of the music video, I really like it. It's so odd and weird but in a restrained enough way that I don't feel bombarded with a need to be special and artsy fartsy like Pink Tape felt from a stylistic standpoint.

It's a weird song too, but you guys had me thinking we had another I Got A Boy in here. This one is coherent, and I kinda like it with the mishmash of what's going on in the MV. I LOVE the ultra weirdness of the girls wearing different eye makeup on each eye too! It's so jarring but it put a huge smile on my face.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's not as bad as IGAB, but it's a real disappointment considering that imo f(x) probably have the most solid discography in SME. Here are my favorite songs from the album:

Dracula This is the standout track for me.

Butterfly

Spit it Out

And I'll post Milk because it's well liked on the kpop forums. I'm not too big on it.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

So far, I'm really digging Dracula. The others, I might like better later, but Dracula's the only one so far.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

So apparently Sulli officially left. :(

I can't take all these departures from my favorite groups!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="190532" data-time="1438983266">

</blockquote>

Good.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="190532" data-time="1438983266">

</blockquote>

Good.

[/quote]

Anderei, I was about to quote the same thing, but with an added "riddance".
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

At least she left right away and didn't have the group waiting for her for a year or two to finally leave, like someone I know did xD
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She did end her groups comeback after like two weeks though and she's probably the reason they haven't had another as of yet.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Derby"]
At least she left right away and didn't have the group waiting for her for a year or two to finally leave, like someone I know did xD
[/quote]

I don't know the exact timespan, but I'm pretty sure that's nearly exactly what happened with Sulli.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="190550" data-time="1439001110"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="190544" data-time="1438999325">

At least she left right away and didn't have the group waiting for her for a year or two to finally leave, like someone I know did xD</blockquote>

I don't know the exact timespan, but I'm pretty sure that's nearly exactly what happened with Sulli.</blockquote>

Yep, they stopped group activities during Red Light promotions in July of last year because of her.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Good. I don't dislike Sulli at all, but now they can come back in full force. f(x) is probably my favorite Kpop girl group at the moment, so this can only make them stronger.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

f(x) attempts deep house in "4 Walls".
Last edited by Zaeleus on Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

That was a really interesting video. I'm not sure what to make of it though (perhaps lyrics are important? :P).
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Sulli was found dead in her home:

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20191014000871' class="bbc_url" title="External link">http://m.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20191014000871</a>

It’s been confirmed a suicide since this article was posted. I never understood the vitriol people had towards this girl (even though I think it was good she left the group as you can see from my comment a few years ago). She was basically harassed non-stop.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I’m having the hardest time with this. I’ve liked her for 8 years and she went through so much she shouldn’t have had to.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。