After School [The Official Thread]

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Derby
ANGERME

Re: After School [The Official Thread]

Post by Derby »

They debuted in 2009 and "7 years" later the last original member left the group, just like MM
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I love AS but at this point I'll be surprised if they ever have a comeback. I knew when I saw someone had posted here that it was either a disbandment or graduation.
[/quote]

The article supposedly says they're discussing future plans for AS. Once Uee leaves, which I believe is inevitable, I think the group is done for. OC will probably continue on but they've been on a (albeit much much slower) decline as well and Raina's solo stuff underperformed.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Even though Jungah was my favorite member of After School since day one, I don't really feel anything about this.  After School are a sinking ship right now.  I was hoping Seventeen's huge success (their physical sales are unheard of for a rookie nugu group) would mean they'd get another comeback but that seems extremely unlikely to me right now.  At this point I wish Pledis would just suck it up, disband AS, and only have Orange Caramel, because that's clearly the most fiscally probable thing.  I feel awful for E-Young wasting years of her life and musical skill in a girl group that doesn't even promote, but even worse for Gaeun because at least E-Young got to be in more than one release - I hate that they're both probably contract bound to Pledis for at least a few more years, because Gaeun is young enough to possibly debut in a different group someday.  I don't know how Pledis still get trainees - I watched them fuck up AS after Bang, I watched them fuck up UEE when she was on the cusp of becoming Suzy-level huge by making her turn down 99% of the offers she was getting, I watched them fuck up NU'EST after their debut got extremely positive reception... I sincerely hope they do not bungle Seventeen because those kids are doing remarkably well. 
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Seventeen could possibly still be in the stages where they aren't turning a profit and if they are they're probably putting it all back into them.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Anderei"]
Seventeen could possibly still be in the stages where they aren't turning a profit and if they are they're probably putting it all back into them.
[/quote]

This is very possible, but I meant more that Seventeen's success (they ranked in the top 10 for male sales in 2015) would give them the bravery to drop some coins on After School LOL.
Seventeen are pretty much perfect for Pledis's budget since they do their own choreography and produce and write their own songs.  That means they don't have to contract anyone for those jobs.  I feel like Pledis could afford an AS comeback but just see it as a lost cause (they're right, of course LOL so I don't blame them. I love AS but their sales are pathetic.)
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Meanwhile, Lizzy looks like a skeleton.

Lizzy6.jpg

What. The. Fuck.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000">
What. The. Fuck.</blockquote>

South Korea, lol. That's the fuck.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Lizzy has been looking like that for a while now...
Image Hey