Music Chat Spam

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

pandapanda
ANGERME

Re: Music Chat Spam

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="172786" data-time="1393762482">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="172785" data-time="1393762265">
I came across this "Evolution of Get lucky" video somebody cut together:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4z66VzcvO0

It's pretty damn cool.
</blockquote>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MteSlpxCpo

And now you need to watch this.

</blockquote>

You have bad memory. lol
http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=4569&page=15#entry167035

[/quote]

oops.  Well that wasn't the first time I've done that.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

Silversun Pickups released The Singles Collection last week. Their new track "Cannibal" is great. If you've never heard of them, also try "Panic Switch", "Substitution", and "Bloody Mary (Nerve Endings)".
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

BoA is in a Hollywood movie, MAKE YOUR MOVE, playing a Japanese girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=619VGNUBFIE&feature=youtu.be

I'm not familiar with the rest of the cast. My daughter seems to think that the male lead, Derek Hough, is a big deal. Is he?

Didn't know whether to post this here or in K-Pop. Is BoA even considered a K-pop star?

(So I posted it in both.)

Last edited by Madara on Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

BoA is kpop but she's only released a pretty small amount of Korean material since 2005. But truth be told, she's not much of a jpop star these days either.

Anyway, I remember hearing about this movie YEARS ago so I'm surprised it's finally getting released. Derek Hough is big in the dancing scene, but he's got minimal acting experience. The only people who would instantly recognize him are Dancing With The Stars fans.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Wow, that movie is FINALLY coming out.

I'm 100% disappointed that another Asian person is playing someone who isn't his/her race in a Hollywood movie though. Stop doing this, Hollywood. BoA would be just fine playing a Korean girl. I kind of doubt which race matters in the storyline, so she could easily not have been mismatched. Cast your races the way you want them, or change the race to fit who you cast, but please please stop mismatching. :facepalm:
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="showraniy"]
Wow, that movie is FINALLY coming out.

I'm 100% disappointed that another Asian person is playing someone who isn't his/her race in a Hollywood movie though. Stop doing this, Hollywood. BoA would be just fine playing a Korean girl. I kind of doubt which race matters in the storyline, so she could easily not have been mismatched. Cast your races the way you want them, or change the race to fit who you cast, but please please stop mismatching. :facepalm:
[/quote]

I am always confused why English-talking people say "race", when it's just nationality.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I don't understand why people do that either. To me race, ethnicity, and nationality are all different things. Lets use me for an example.

Race: Human

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Nationality: American of the United States

All three are different and it baffles me how it why people use them interchangeably.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Human would be species, not race. Race is generally used to refer to physical features whereas ethnicity is often related to things such as culture and ancestry. To put it simply, race is genetic whereas ethnicity is cultural. BoA's race would be asian, and her ethnicity Korean. Broadly speaking anyway. I'm sure an anthropologist or someone like that would be able to go into much further detail than I could.

It's also generally incorrect to refer to most white people as Caucasian nowadays as well. They're actually quite different.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

My apologies, it all jumbles together for me, though I can distinguish the species part from the rest. Language regarding all this stuff is very confusing in English though IMO, so I always get mixed up.

It's harder for me because I have no idea what my race or ethnicity are, haha. I also personally think race is a nonsensical man made concept, which doesn't help figure out how it's supposed to work.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

If you ever get to talk to Molly she might be able to explain it. She's an anthropology major.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Who cares if a Korean is cast as a Japanese character? Why is that a big deal? Would you have a similar problem with an Englishman cast as an American?
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="174009" data-time="1395726982">
Who cares if a Korean is cast as a Japanese character? Why is that a big deal? Would you have a similar problem with an Englishman cast as an American?</blockquote>
I have this problem with the person who plays Rick Grimes on the Walking Dead. I can't think of his name for the life of me, but he is like that. It bothers me not because it enrages me, but it bothers me in the way that it just sounds weird when you're used to him speaking in an American accent for the show and then in behind the scenes stuff and interviews he speaks in his normal voice. I think the problem everyone has with a Korean playing a Japanese is the fact that most people lump all Asians together with the stereotype that "they're all the same anyway" when in reality they are all very different.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="174009" data-time="1395726982">
Who cares if a Korean is cast as a Japanese character? Why is that a big deal? Would you have a similar problem with an Englishman cast as an American?</blockquote>

Kind of. I notice when English are imitating American accents and vice versa usually, but it only bothers me if I notice. Rick Grimes' accent on the show is convincing to me, so he and Maggie don't bother me.

Casting BoA as Japanese bothers me because, unless it's outrageously important to the story that her character be Japanese, why not just make her Korean? BoA's Korean, and on top of that she's a famous Korean. There's enough confusion as it is with Americans calling all Asians the wrong nationality/ethnicity, so why take your hopeful crossover star and make her Japanese? BoA's English album flopped and this movie is years past due anyway, but it was filmed during her attempt to make it in America, so whyyyy cast her character as Japanese so that people just getting into her will think she's Japanese. It's a really odd choice, and feels like a case of all-Asians-look-the-same-anyway.

If she were some nobody actor, it'd be less annoying because the roles are not made to fit the actors, but it just makes no sense to attempt to make her a huge star of Asia, and cast her as another ethnicity when Anericans are already bad at associating Asians with their correct nations.

Her accent is also very very thick, and I don't know enough about Korean accents to know if anyone would point hers out as being uniquely Korean, but that's another reason making her Japanese seems like a lazy choice.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well it IS being released in the US. Over here, BoA basically is a nobody. She's not even one of the acts that gets named when people do write about kpop.

It's also worth noting that most of BoA's musical career has largely been based in Japan. Might be one if the reasons for it.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So you guys have a big fat problem with Hugh Laurie playing House M.D.? Really? Whatevs, I guess. I just prefer to ration my outrage to things that are actually outrageous. 
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="JPope"]
Who cares if a Korean is cast as a Japanese character? Why is that a big deal? Would you have a similar problem with an Englishman cast as an American?
[/quote]

Completely agreed.
You guys must have been furious with Memoirs of a Geisha..

rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

If they can play the part, I'd rather they give the part to someone for their acting ability and not their race. But this movie is going to bomb anyway so why bother complaining about it? xD 

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="strawberryjam"]

<div>
[/quote]

Completely agreed.
You guys must have been furious with Memoirs of a Geisha..

</div>
</blockquote>

That movie was bad for more reasons than just having Chinese people play Japanese, eventhough this is a special case, since a geisha is supposed to portray "classical Japanese beauty".
I can't speak for the book, but the whole movie was just a portrayal of how a tourist would see the geisha business. Wrong hair styles, wrong costumes, dance errors, the foot binding (which geisha never did afaik).
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I ran into the issues with that book while reading Mineko Iwasaki's (aka Masako Tanaka)autobiography. She was appalled at how geisha were portrayed.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="174267" data-time="1396148154">
So you guys have a big fat problem with Hugh Laurie playing House M.D.?</blockquote>

I've only seen a handful of episodes of House, and I don't know the actor outside of that show and maybe one other movie, so no. I don't care about him.

But anyway, Ap kind of hints at the problem with Asian-washing as a concept.

When a movie assumes I'm just that stupid, I always have problems with it. I like it much better when movies assume I'm intelligent rather than, in this case, I'm an idiot westerner who wouldn't know the difference anyway.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

This is off topic (or on topic considering the thread), but I had been meaning to do this for a while now.  I formatted it in a way that takes up a lot of room, so the first spoiler is the concert and the second one is the goods.

Spoiler: [+]
On March 3rd I went to the Backstreet Boys In a World Like This Tour in Munich.  The doors opened at 6:30 and the concert started at 8 o'clock.  The played a bunch of songs that they didn't perform during that time and showed some footage of their most recent cruise as well as from their upcoming movie.  I also bought all my goods as soon as I got in.  Since it was in Germany there was various German thrown about during the MCs.

The opening act was called The Exchange, they mainly do a cappella, but they also make their own music and dance.  I definitely recommend them, but some of their music is more hip hop-y.

The Backstreet Boys came out in light blue suits with black shirts and pocket handkerchief thing, whatever it's called, and Nick and AJ wore black fingerless gloves.  They danced coolly and sexily (and did formation dances :ph34r:) throughout the show.  Setlist copy and pasted from Wikipedia because I'm lazy.

"The Call"

"Don't Want You Back"

"Incomplete" Kevin plays the piano, and Nick plays the guitar and gets two pairs of pink panties thrown to him.

Nick MC which ends when he introduces the members.

"Permanent Stain"

"All I Have to Give"  Hat dance.

Video MC during their costume change, it was really cute and funny.  They came back on stage in jeans and leather jackets, but each outfit was different.

"As Long as You Love Me"

Kevin MC, when the rest of the members come back on stage and Brian surprises Kevin by kissing him on the cheek (I think AJ made a "kissing cousins" joke), two more pairs of panties are thrown on stage, I only saw the first pair (a purplish color), but AJ said "Two pairs!", and then Kevin introduces the next song he says that he and AJ wrote it for their "babies".

"Show 'Em (What You're Made Of)"

"Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" - AJ took his jacket off before this song.

AJ MC, Q, one of their five body guards and AJ's best(?) friend (so I'm guessing he was more specifically AJ's body guard) died recently so he asked for a moment of silence, which a small section of the audience apparently didn't understand so they got shushed by those near them, so it was all good.

"Breathe"

"I'll Never Break Your Heart"

"We've Got it Goin' on" - Nick took his jacket off right before this song starts, presumably in preparation for the intense dancing.

Instruments got brought out (Kevin-Piano, AJ-Drum thing, the rest-Guitars) and the other three removed their jackets as well.  The VIP fans got to sit on stage behind BSB (and got hugs from them) starting now.

"Safest Place to Hide"  (just a snippet and a cappella) / "10,000 Promises"

All five of them talk some and explain that they decided they needed to be able to play instruments since they won't be able to "shake what [their] momma's gave [them]" forever, Howie demonstrates what that means, and Kevin takes AJ's place on the drum thing and AJ gets a tambourine.

"Madeleine"

"Quit Playing Games (with My Heart)" They had half the audience sing one half of the chorus and the other half sing the other half, we didn't do so well.

Everyone and thing gets cleared off of the stage, the trailer for their movie plays on the screens, and another costume change. 

"The One"

A bit of a Howie MC, though all the members stayed on stage.

"Love Somebody"

"Shape of My Heart"

Brian MC, this inspired me to draw a picture of him in a cheerleader outfit.

"In a World Like This"  Nick and Brian play guitars, and AJ removes his jacket to reveal a shirt dedicated to Q.

"I Want It That Way"  AJ sings the last line as "I want it Q's way".

Encore

"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"  Brian walked on his hands, further proving that he is indeed a cheerleader.

"Larger than Life"  Brian laid down and kissed some girl in the audience on the cheek.

There was an after party, but I did not attend.
Charm Bracelet - 20 Euros

Beach Bag - 40 Euros (I only bought it so I wouldn't have to hold the shirts in my hand.) 

It even has a pocket which I didn't realize until I got home.

T-Shirt - 30 Euros

Tank Top - 35 Euros
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Some enterprising producer from North Carolina sent me a show called "IndieLive" that included this music video:

Palmer Miray: "Spark"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExThZ7qLePM

I didn't quite know what to make of it. It made me think of what the Disney Channel would look like if it had absolutely no money. All I could think is that H!P is full of performers even younger than this one and her back-ups and they're all so much better and more polished. But, of course, they have a full management and production team behind them, while this poor girl just seems to have her doting mother and family who've been telling her how great she is since she was three years old and there's been nobody like Simon Cowell around to tell her otherwise.  

I sent the link to my nephew, who said, "It's not bad enough to go viral like Rebecca Black," whom I'd never heard of before, so I found this:

Rebecca Black: "Friday":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

The saving grace of this one is that it plays like satire, even though I'm quite sure it isn't. It also has quite a few more ideas than the other one and enough of a budget to at least go outdoors for several shots. 

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Madara on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's not satire. Her parents basically bought the recording time/shoot as a birthday gift.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

[quote="NekoKai"]
This is off topic (or on topic considering the thread), but I had been meaning to do this for a while now.  I formatted it in a way that takes up a lot of room, so the first spoiler is the concert and the second one is the goods.

On March 3rd I went to the Backstreet Boys In a World Like This Tour in Munich.  The doors opened at 6:30 and the concert started at 8 o'clock.  The played a bunch of songs that they didn't perform during that time and showed some footage of their most recent cruise as well as from their upcoming movie.  I also bought all my goods as soon as I got in.  Since it was in Germany there was various German thrown about during the MCs.

The opening act was called The Exchange, they mainly do a cappella, but they also make their own music and dance.  I definitely recommend them, but some of their music is more hip hop-y.

The Backstreet Boys came out in light blue suits with black shirts and pocket handkerchief thing, whatever it's called, and Nick and AJ wore black fingerless gloves.  They danced coolly and sexily (and did formation dances :ph34r:) throughout the show.  Setlist copy and pasted from Wikipedia because I'm lazy.

"The Call"

"Don't Want You Back"

"Incomplete" Kevin plays the piano, and Nick plays the guitar and gets two pairs of pink panties thrown to him.

Nick MC which ends when he introduces the members.

"Permanent Stain"

"All I Have to Give"  Hat dance.

Video MC during their costume change, it was really cute and funny.  They came back on stage in jeans and leather jackets, but each outfit was different.

"As Long as You Love Me"

Kevin MC, when the rest of the members come back on stage and Brian surprises Kevin by kissing him on the cheek (I think AJ made a "kissing cousins" joke), two more pairs of panties are thrown on stage, I only saw the first pair (a purplish color), but AJ said "Two pairs!", and then Kevin introduces the next song he says that he and AJ wrote it for their "babies".

"Show 'Em (What You're Made Of)"

"Show Me the Meaning of Being Lonely" - AJ took his jacket off before this song.

AJ MC, Q, one of their five body guards and AJ's best(?) friend (so I'm guessing he was more specifically AJ's body guard) died recently so he asked for a moment of silence, which a small section of the audience apparently didn't understand so they got shushed by those near them, so it was all good.

"Breathe"

"I'll Never Break Your Heart"

"We've Got it Goin' on" - Nick took his jacket off right before this song starts, presumably in preparation for the intense dancing.

Instruments got brought out (Kevin-Piano, AJ-Drum thing, the rest-Guitars) and the other three removed their jackets as well.  The VIP fans got to sit on stage behind BSB (and got hugs from them) starting now.

"Safest Place to Hide"  (just a snippet and a cappella) / "10,000 Promises"

All five of them talk some and explain that they decided they needed to be able to play instruments since they won't be able to "shake what [their] momma's gave [them]" forever, Howie demonstrates what that means, and Kevin takes AJ's place on the drum thing and AJ gets a tambourine.

"Madeleine"

"Quit Playing Games (with My Heart)" They had half the audience sing one half of the chorus and the other half sing the other half, we didn't do so well.

Everyone and thing gets cleared off of the stage, the trailer for their movie plays on the screens, and another costume change. 

"The One"

A bit of a Howie MC, though all the members stayed on stage.

"Love Somebody"

"Shape of My Heart"

Brian MC, this inspired me to draw a picture of him in a cheerleader outfit.

"In a World Like This"  Nick and Brian play guitars, and AJ removes his jacket to reveal a shirt dedicated to Q.

"I Want It That Way"  AJ sings the last line as "I want it Q's way".

Encore

"Everybody (Backstreet's Back)"  Brian walked on his hands, further proving that he is indeed a cheerleader.

"Larger than Life"  Brian laid down and kissed some girl in the audience on the cheek.

There was an after party, but I did not attend.
Charm Bracelet - 20 Euros

Beach Bag - 40 Euros (I only bought it so I wouldn't have to hold the shirts in my hand.) 

It even has a pocket which I didn't realize until I got home.

T-Shirt - 30 Euros

Tank Top - 35 Euros
[/quote]
I meant to respond sooner! Sorry I didn't...
My show was on April 1st so I didn't want to find out about the concert when you posted it at the time. :tongue:

We had All Saints as our opening group. God, I can't believe they had hits. They're really terrible compared to BSB and have like zero stage presence. I forgot who they were when they first started and I seriously thought they looked like amateurs you could see on the street..

I had standing tickets as well as 3rd row seats. Since I'm generally too short for standing I sold the standing and stuck with the seats since they were so close anyways... 

WELL WORSE MISTAKE OF MY LIFE OH GOD
The guys were all over the standing crowd doing selfies with them, touching their hands, etc. AJ even at one point went into the standing area... and was even sing there. WHAT THE F... :cryalot:

They honestly know how to please the crowd. That's totally why they haven't disbanded after all this time. They also got a good sense of humor.

And I'm so glad they performed We've Got It Goin' On. I think that's still my favorite song of theirs. Terribly tacky, I DON'T CARE THOUGH  :hahaha:

It was a nice touch for them to play instruments. I like Madeline. 

Also, Nick is my favorite member. I only realized he got engaged last year. SHE IS SO UGLY. Super confirmed that I'm not his taste. WHY WHYYYYYY

I'm so jelly of your goods. I was too cheap to get anything. After Nick's engagement I'm not so committed anymore.. :hahaha: IF SHE WAS CUTE ALL WOULD BE FORGIVEN 

I had fun and loved it. So glad I went. I missed their NKOTBSB tour, but kinda glad I did with Kevin being around now and I don't care much about NKOTB.

The only thing missing was a live band. Larger than Life and Everybody is a billion times better with a live band.

AJ tried to do an April Fool's saying he was coming out with a solo album and not performing with BSB anymore to focus on being solo... Totally failed. :hahaha:
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I've never heard of All Saints, but apparently one of the members had said that they were never going to perform again sometime before it was announced that they would be the opening act.  I didn't know Nick was engaged, but I figured it was about time since AJ had a daughter like a year and a half ago.  That sucks you sold your standing tickets, but it's good you still had fun!  I totally agree with you on their humor and performance abilities.  I most definitely will go see them again any chance I get.  Oh, and We've Got It Goin' On is a fantastic song. :dammit:  Though it does remind me that "jam" did not last long as slang AT ALL.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Madara"]
BoA is in a Hollywood movie, MAKE YOUR MOVE, playing a Japanese girl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=619VGNUBFIE&feature=youtu.be

I'm not familiar with the rest of the cast. My daughter seems to think that the male lead, Derek Hough, is a big deal. Is he?

Didn't know whether to post this here or in K-Pop. Is BoA even considered a K-pop star?

(So I posted it in both.)
[/quote]

The movie opened in New York yesterday. I went to see it. I'll do a writeup later in the Movies thread in the Chillout Lounge board.

For the record, BoA and Will Yun Lee (Korean-American actor) play a sister and brother who are Korean but were raised in Japan. They speak both languages and both languages are heard in the film. There are other Asian characters, all Japanese or Japanese-American as far as I can tell. I liked the movie.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174975" data-time="1397913046">
For the record, BoA and Will Yun Lee (Korean-American actor) play a sister and brother who are Korean but were raised in Japan. They speak both languages and both languages are heard in the film. There are other Asian characters, all Japanese or Japanese-American as far as I can tell. I liked the movie.</blockquote>

Good! I am appeased, and now looking forward to the movie.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="174975" data-time="1397913046">
For the record, BoA and Will Yun Lee (Korean-American actor) play a sister and brother who are Korean but were raised in Japan. They speak both languages and both languages are heard in the film. There are other Asian characters, all Japanese or Japanese-American as far as I can tell. I liked the movie.
</blockquote>

Good! I am appeased, and now looking forward to the movie.

[/quote]

I'm glad to hear that and I'd love to hear the reactions of anyone on the board who sees it.

I wrote it up on my film blog:
http://briandanacamp.wordpress.com/2014/04/19/make-your-move-american-south-korean-musical-with-k-pop-star-in-the-lead/#more-1744

I've even dug out my BoA albums and am listening to them now. I really like "BoA Best of Soul." I don't know why she fell off my radar, although I suppose she fell off others' radar as well.

Here's a shot from the film:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I went to Sakura Matsuri on Saturday at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Cobu, the Taiko drumming group from MAKE YOUR MOVE, performed there and I took pictures and video clips and devoted an entry on my blog to the event and embedded some of the video I shot.

Last edited by Madara on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

I (re)discovered Digitally Imported still exists from the days I used to listen to it on SHOUTcast. The vocal trance station is still as good as ever.