Club48 :: Where we spam 48 ways to glory!

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Farrah
ANGERME

Re: Club48 :: Where we spam 48 ways to glory!

Post by Farrah »

Sasshi is okay but I was really, really hoping Takamina would rank higher.  I think the tastes of a modern day AKB fan and my tastes just don't line up.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Sashihara is one of the few idols where I can't even be like 'yeah I can see why someone else would stan her'.

Anyway, in unsurprising news, Matsui Rena is graduating from SKE48.

Edit: apparently it's not confirmed buuuut since she didn't participate in the election I'm betting on it turning out to be true.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Sashihara is very odd for an idol, and I think that's why people like her more. If I'm being frank, she slept with a wota too, so she pretty much fulfills every wota's fantasy by finding one of them desirable enough for that. I'm surprised that didn't blow up in her face (i.e. "my idol is not a pure, virginal girl!!11"), but I'm glad that it seems more like no one cares.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I've thought very poorly of her when she talked about how idols don't need to learn to sing and dance. It may be true for lots of fans but to openly admit it and take it to heart is just so pathetic no matter how famous one is. It felt almost like she was bragging that she's famous even though she's terrible at absolutely everything.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I feel the same way, Anderei. That, and I've just found her really creepy and kind of.... icky in her behavior towards the other girls.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Anderei"]
I've thought very poorly of her when she talked about how idols don't need to learn to sing and dance. It may be true for lots of fans but to openly admit it and take it to heart is just so pathetic no matter how famous one is. It felt almost like she was bragging that she's famous even though she's terrible at absolutely everything.
[/quote]

She's not wrong, though.  Skill is no longer second, or even third on the list of things that idol companies take into consideration anymore.  I don't even think the idols of the 80's and 90's would be considered idols anymore because their level of performance ability would be seen as too high.  The useless idols of yesteryear could run circles around many of today's front girls.  The rise of the wota and decline of general public interest has seen to that.  I'm pretty ambivalent towards Sasshi but that level of brutal honesty is what I think draws so many people to her.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's not wrong but that wasn't the point of what I was saying at all. Her honesty doesn't make her willingness to be shit any less embarrassing.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="Anderei"]
She's not wrong but that wasn't the point of what I was saying at all. Her honesty doesn't make her willingness to be shit any less embarrassing.
[/quote]

Except shes not shit.  Just cause she said it doesn't mean she is it.  Sasshi can dance just fine and sing as well.  Maybe she just wants to give hope to girls who can't do those thing.  Singing and dancing are not the only thing and idol needs to be able to do.  If a girl brings something that fans like to the table then so be it.  She deserves it!

Made by Haru!
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I think Sasshi has one of the worst voices I've ever heard, but if there weren't idols that were openly willing to be shit, very few idol groups would exceed two or three members LOL.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

But again, that's not what I'm saying. A lot of terrible idols do try to improve and don't whether it be a lack of training or raw ability. Sashihara has the resources to make an attempt at not sucking and doesn't. She's an entirely different level of awful.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Farrah"]
I was really, really hoping Takamina would rank higher.
[/quote]
I was hoping that too.

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]
Same here.

[quote="Farrah"]
I think Sasshi has one of the worst voices I've ever heard
[/quote]
I agree with you here.. I mean, the very top of the group should be able to sing correctly in live (well, I've only heard her in a The Peace! performance but it wasn't that long ago so I doubt she improved a lot since then and I didn't heard her singing live her solo song).

Short video about their performance in New York. The other one uploaded on the channel is the sightseeing tour they did.
Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

How are you guys hearing her voice that often? My memory of most AKB songs is that they're all lines sung in unison without any solo ones, so how can you pick her voice out of those?? The only time I think I've heard her solo voice is in this performance of Dear J in which she sounds like a standard idol to me.

I also hadn't heard about her saying idols don't need to be good at singing or dancing, but, after reading about it here, I just think she's being brutally honest. Everything she said is true, but whether or not you hate her for saying it is personal preference, I guess. I'm not a fan of her or anything, but I personally like frankness in idols, so I appreciated her honesty. Oh, and she did say she doesn't need to be good at singing or dancing as long as she's trying her best, so I think that puts a positive spin on the whole thing.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^She was a solo artist and has a couple singles.

Personally I really like Sasshi. She's funny.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Saya"]
^She was a solo artist and has a couple singles.
[/quote]

Oh. :doh:  I don't know how I missed that. Oops.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="189197" data-time="1435199263"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="189178" data-time="1435181626">

^She was a solo artist and has a <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_M18wKva7w">couple</a> <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNf0go6 ... blockquote>

Oh. :doh: I don't know how I missed that. Oops.</blockquote>
Oh yeah, she was also in the sub unit Not yet with Oshima Yuko, Kitahara Rie, and Yokoyama Yui. I believe they had 4 singles.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Tomomi danced twice in Konkon's show ; she did well ! I'm not sure if she was known to dance well during her AKB time.
Campy <3 !
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Tomomi danced twice in Konkon's show ; she did well ! I'm not sure if she was known to dance well during her AKB time.
[/quote]
Yea she was one of the good dancers when she was in the group. 

[quote="showraniy"]
How are you guys hearing her voice that often? My memory of most AKB songs is that they're all lines sung in unison without any solo ones, so how can you pick her voice out of those?? The only time I think I've heard her solo voice is in this performance of <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s5Ez66l8MU">Dear J</a> in which she sounds like a standard idol to me.

I also hadn't heard about her saying idols don't need to be good at singing or dancing, but, after reading about it <a class="bbc_url" href="https://allthingsjpop.wordpress.com/201 ... /">here</a>, I just think she's being brutally honest. Everything she said is true, but whether or not you hate her for saying it is personal preference, I guess. I'm not a fan of her or anything, but I personally like frankness in idols, so I appreciated her honesty. Oh, and she did say she doesn't need to be good at singing or dancing as long as she's trying her best, so I think that puts a positive spin on the whole thing.
[/quote]
Here are some smaples of Sasshi singing live.  I think people are just too over critical of others singing.  Is it perfect no but that's not the point.
Last edited by Mugi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Made by Haru!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kuramochi Asuka announced her graduation and her last performance with the group will be in August.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

So I decided to give AKB (yet) another chance and went through all of their videos from RIVER to Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, even trying to identify as many members as I could. Next thing I know I find myself uttering the words... "I need this album."

WHAT HAVE I DONE???
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="191649" data-time="1443399656">So I decided to give AKB (yet) another chance and went through all of their videos from RIVER to Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai, even trying to identify as many members as I could. Next thing I know I find myself uttering the words... "I need this album."

WHAT HAVE I DONE???</blockquote>
You made me think that we could also do an AKB MV-a-thon at some time in the future.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="191650" data-time="1443399796">
You made me think that we could also do an AKB MV-a-thon at some time in the future.</blockquote>

A lot of the recent AkB48 songs don't have full mvs on YouTube though :(
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="191651" data-time="1443405728"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="191650" data-time="1443399796">
You made me think that we could also do an AKB MV-a-thon at some time in the future.</blockquote>
A lot of the recent AkB48 songs don't have full mvs on YouTube though :(</blockquote>

The singles do. Well, some aren't exactly "full", but that's just because they had to trim down the useless 20+ minute long videos.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I don't know if anyone here follows SNH48, I just came across this video (that did come out a while ago). It's an original song by them, and the MV is beautiful. It's better than their past releases, and a lot of the recent AKB48 ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQh6zINaG7U
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

So this popped up on my Facebook today: NGT48 inspires a 48-nugget meal at McDonalds. I now cannot un-see "Nugget48" in their name.

http://kotaku.com/watch-out-america-mcdonalds-japan-is-releasing-a-48-pi-1744372845

Edit: ROFL at this article though
Last edited by WonderBuono on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Miyazawa Sae has announced she will be graduating December of next year. I thought she was already gone, so this is news to me.

AKB48's next single will feature graduated members, because AKB48 singles seem to be becoming less and less about girls who are actually in AKB48. Maybe this is in response to their newest single being the first since Sakura no Ki ni Narou, all the way back in February 2011, to not exceed one million sales in it's first week. Although to be honest, with the exception of election singles/special event singles, most of their singles lately have just been barely scraping past the one million mark. Even though 900k is nothing to sneeze at, I can see how it might still be worrying after nearly 5 straight years of first week million sellers.

Takajo Aki has also announced she's graduating.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I find this desperation kind of surprising, considering Akimoto seemed to be well aware of AKB's lifespan (~10 years, which has been spot-on so far). I guess the company can't just give up its mega-value cash cow that gracefully.

Oh well, I can dissect it all I like, but I know I'll check in to this release for the graduated members, so who am I to complain.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Apparently the news of older members returning and (possibly?) being center isn't being very well received. I'm surprised they'd all come back too. One one hand, I do get it. AKB48 was their peak and the group is still big enough for it to be big publicity for them, but it certainly doesn't help them try to separate themselves as artists/actresses who can do more than just be AKB members.

Maeda in particular looked bored as hell during the announcement of it. It seems almost absurd that someone who has such clear apathy for performing would come back for a single of her own will.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

One word: money.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Maeda probably wanted to separate herself a lot from AKB but keeps getting dragged back into it. That said pre-Maeda grad AKB was still more entertaining than any of the boring trash they've been putting out recently. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="showraniy"]
One word: money.
[/quote]

I guess but how much would she make off of one single? I remember a few years back they posted how much the top earning AKB48 girls made and that was with all their magazines, CMs, extra stuff and wasn't as much as you'd expect. Surely she can't be hurting for cash if she saved up everything she's made and spent it wisely.