The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by JPope »

Is there a comprehensive list of H!P Christmas/Winter themed songs anywhere?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Say no more: I tried something.

I don't think I've caught all of them, but it's something!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wow, that's really helpful. Thanks! I'm finally giving the radio station a bit of attention, and I want to push some of these songs forward for the season.

If you want to add to your list, there's Country Musume's "BYE BYE Saigo no Yoru (Airly X'mas present Remix)" from 2002, and I had Momochi's "Kimama na Kataomoi" from 2017 as a "Winter" song based on the very Christmasy arrangement and a bit of the lyrics mentioning it being cold outside, lol.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thanks, added!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Great job, Juan!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you!
I wish I knew more about making websites etc. The last year I've made several H!P spreadsheets, about age, photobooks, seniority... would be nice to make them public somehow lol.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I was gonna start a thread in the release forum, but I decided to just make it a question here, since it's probably easily answered.

What happened to H!P's Summer 2022 concert? Did they even have one? I looked it up on CDJapan and...nothing.

Weird thing is, I had the same question about Summer 2021 and learned, from another thread here, that it simply wasn't released by CDJapan. I found it, new, on YesAsia, but it took them a month to deliver it. I only got it yesterday, in fact.

How does one find out about new H!P concert discs' availability. I forget to look up each individual group. Right now, the only one outstanding that I don't have and will soon order is the Juice=Juice Manaka Inaba graduation concert.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Madara. H!P Has a handy section that collects all the releases for the year. 2022 2023

I also did the fast break for 2022 which I list all the releases for 2022. Check it out.
It's basically a rehash of all the stuff from the wiki, but without the annoying adds.

Anyway, to answer your question.

For the Summer and Fall H!P did the Hello! Project 2022 Summer CITY CIRCUIT and Hello! Project 2022 Autumn CITY CIRCUIT

For summer it was:
Morning Musume '22 CONCERT TOUR ~Never Been Better! Encore~
ANGERME CONCERT TOUR ~The ANGERME ENCORE~
Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR ~terzo bis~
Tsubaki Factory CONCERT TOUR ~ENCORE PARADE~
BEYOOOOOND1St CONCERT TOUR ~Mou Iccho Donto Koi! BE HAPPY!~

For fall it was:
Morning Musume '22 25th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT TOUR ~SINGIN' TO THE BEAT~
ANGERME concert tour angel and smile
Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR ~nouvelle vague~
Tsubaki Factory CONCERT TOUR ~Fomalhaut~
BEYOOOOO2NDS CONCERT TOUR ~Ten Takaku, Biyo Moyuru Aki~

I figure they did that because they wanted to limit the number of girls getting covid at once and not wanting to shut down an entire H!P concert would be a major loss of money compared to just shutting down one group. (They shared the venue. One group in day, another group at night.)

Also, since covid they were doing the mass concerts with all the groups and decided it was time to start doing the solo group concerts again.

Now, for the winter they are doing the double group concerts, Hello! Project 2023 Winter ~TWO OF US~ Where it's broken into 3 teams.
Team A Morning Musume '23, OCHA NORMA
Team B ANGERME, Tsubaki Factory
Team C Juice=Juice, BEYOOOOONDS

But for the spring they are bringing back the Circuit series with
March 19 - June 3: Morning Musume '23 25th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT TOUR ~glad quarter-century~
March 18 - June 3: ANGERME CONCERT TOUR "BIG LOVE"
March 18 - May 20: Juice=Juice 10th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT TOUR ~10th Juice~
April 15 - May 27: Tsubaki Factory CONCERT TOUR ~Shunkan~
March 19 - May 27: BEYOOOOONDS CONCERT TOUR "NEO BEYO"

Summer might bring the return of the complete H!P concert, but UF is still trying to maintain covid protocols, it might be another version of the Two of Us concept or maybe another circuit series. Still too early to tell.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks. I guess I'll have to look up each individual group.
Shoujo Q wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:44 am For the Summer and Fall H!P did the Hello! Project 2022 Summer CITY CIRCUIT and Hello! Project 2022 Autumn CITY CIRCUIT
Will CD Japan ever release these on disc?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Madara wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:58 pm Thanks. I guess I'll have to look up each individual group.
Shoujo Q wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:44 am For the Summer and Fall H!P did the Hello! Project 2022 Summer CITY CIRCUIT and Hello! Project 2022 Autumn CITY CIRCUIT
Will CD Japan ever release these on disc?
I'm not sure what you're asking? It's all solo group concerts, all the summer have been released. The fall are starting to come out.

For summer it was:
Morning Musume '22 CONCERT TOUR ~Never Been Better! Encore~
ANGERME CONCERT TOUR ~The ANGERME ENCORE~
Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR ~terzo bis~
Tsubaki Factory CONCERT TOUR ~ENCORE PARADE~
BEYOOOOOND1St CONCERT TOUR ~Mou Iccho Donto Koi! BE HAPPY!~

For fall it was:
Morning Musume '22 25th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT TOUR ~SINGIN' TO THE BEAT~ (Hasn't been Announced Yet, but it's probably Kaga's Grad.)
ANGERME concert tour angel and smile (Hasn't been Announced Yet, But the final was at Budokan so expect a release.)
Juice=Juice CONCERT TOUR ~nouvelle vague~ (Hasn't been Announced Yet, but due the fact they had to cancel their Budokan because they all got covid, the makeup concert is February 28, 2023 so expect a late release.)
Tsubaki Factory CONCERT TOUR ~Fomalhaut~
BEYOOOOO2NDS CONCERT TOUR ~Ten Takaku, Biyo Moyuru Aki~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I see now that the individual concerts come under these headings: Hello! Project 2022 Summer CITY CIRCUIT and Hello! Project 2022 Autumn CITY CIRCUIT and those aren't the titles of separate H!P concerts. Thanks for the info.

Now I have to face the fact that there are a lot of new concerts to buy. :surprised:

P.S. I just did the math on the five Summer concert Blu-rays: $400 total, not counting CDJapan's shipping fees! Yikes!! :wacko:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Madara wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:00 am I'm sorry, I misunderstood. I see now that the individual concerts come under these headings: Hello! Project 2022 Summer CITY CIRCUIT and Hello! Project 2022 Autumn CITY CIRCUIT and those aren't the titles of separate H!P concerts. Thanks for the info.

Now I have to face the fact that there are a lot of new concerts to buy. :surprised:

P.S. I just did the math on the five Summer concert Blu-rays: $400 total, not counting CDJapan's shipping fees! Yikes!! :wacko:
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered the five Blu-rays. I had CDJapan points to use before they expired, so it actually came out to less than I'd counted. And less than if I'd bought a ticket to each of those concerts.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Another question: what's the first concert disc featuring Morning Musume that has Rio Sakurai performing in it?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

"Morning Musume '22 CONCERT TOUR ~Never Been Better! Encore~" has her perfom in certain songs, like Dai Jinsei on a specific date. Her real complete concert debut would be "Morning Musume '22 25th ANNIVERSARY CONCERT TOUR ~SINGIN' TO THE BEAT~" though.
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

Something I've always wondered - once new members are admitted to MM, is there some kind of vigorous process they go through to quickly learn the entire back catalogue etc? Is there like a huge gift pack of all their albums, singles and concerts? Homework? Singing and dancing training for non KKS gens? Has any generation documented this at all? I know we've seen glimpses over the years of how new members fare, but I presume it's changed vastly as well, even since 9th gen.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Yes, I know they showed that when the 9th gen joined. They were given all of the albums and printouts of all the lyrics.

You may still be able to find that on YouTube.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I’ve become obsessed with Tsubaki Factory’s PV for “Machigai Ja Nai Naitari Shinai,” the first Single-V I’ve bought in years. I love the audio engineering of the song, the look of the girls, the choreography, the lighting, the hair, the makeup, etc. My question is about the beautiful costumes for it. Who designs these? Is it one person or a team of designers? Are several designs proposed by different stylists and then approved and coordinated by one person? Are they created in-house or do they contract a design company for the job? Since each individual costume is so unique, I’m curious if the girls themselves are consulted about what they’d like and how much input they have into the designs. Anyone? Thanks.

Here's a link to the video, which I forgot how to embed and since none of the pix I tried to post image links to showed up.

https://youtu.be/q6TE1sIEwso
sadude
ANGERME

Post by sadude »

Is there a list somewhere of MM and H!P song remakes, remixes, self-covers, and alternate versions?
It would be super helpful if it explained how the new version differed from the original, but that might be asking for too much. :party:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I found the H!P Lyrics Wiki to be very helpful to me when I was doing the Somg Battle. Trying to track down all the covers was insane.
sadude
ANGERME

Post by sadude »

What do people consider as the MM EDM era?
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

sadude wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:41 pm What do people consider as the MM EDM era?

If it was me it would be from "One Two Three / The Matenrou Show" to Sayu's graduation personally, but I could see this going all the way to Fukuchan's graduation.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

For me it was from Renai Hunter till about Chu Chu Chu Bokura no Mirai. A few songs in between didn’t use it heavily.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I guess starting points would be:

- Renai Hunter as the first song to heavily use EDM
- Sayumi's leadership / Colorful Era
-> bleeding into Mizuki's leadership

As Shoujo says Chu Chu Chu is kind of the last one to be heavy EDM, and as Solarblade says it could still be seen as a whole Fukumura era thing (Wake Up Call is EDM imo). I also doubt they'll abandon it now.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Honestly, you could pin it down to Reina's leadership. EDM as the MM guide star was the run from "Renai Hunter" through "Brainstorming." Starting with the Wagamama/Gundan single the songs used EDM elements as opposed to EDM arrangements for the most part.