The Official H!P Question Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: The Official H!P Question Thread

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
No studio recording of it or anything else.
[/quote]

That's weird, because I have a recording of it on an album and I'm trying to find out what album it is. (I uploaded it to my iTunes, but the album title is in Japanese.) I guess the recording must have been done earlier than that show. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="182526" data-time="1418765528"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="182524" data-time="1418762394">

No studio recording of it or anything else.</blockquote>

That's weird, because I have a recording of it on an album and I'm trying to find out what album it is. (I uploaded it to my iTunes, but the album title is in Japanese.) I guess the recording must have been done earlier than that show. </blockquote>

And it's a different version than the original release? I'm lost then, I don't remember that getting released at all.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Madara"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="182524" data-time="1418762394">
<div>
[/quote]

That's weird, because I have a recording of it on an album and I'm trying to find out what album it is. (I uploaded it to my iTunes, but the album title is in Japanese.) I guess the recording must have been done earlier than that show. 

</div>
</blockquote>

If you can screenshot the title of the album we can tell you what it is.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="182526" data-time="1418765528">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="182524" data-time="1418762394">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

If you can screenshot the title of the album we can tell you what it is.

</div>
</blockquote>

That's the thing: I don't know what album it is. Once I upload an album to iTunes, if the title is in Japanese I don't always know what album it is I'm listening to.

I know it's a compilation album that includes a Juice=Juice song and a Hangry/Angry version of "The Peace."

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Hell ... ta!_Vol._2

It's this album but the song from it you're talking about isn't a special recording.

Ugh, I don't know why the URL won't work right.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, I see! My mistake, Madara, I misunderstood.  :down:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Hell ... ta!_Vol._2

It's this album but the song from it you're talking about isn't a special recording.

Ugh, I don't know why the URL won't work right.
[/quote]

Ah, that's it, these albums:

Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 1 (17 tracks)
Hello! Project no Zenkyoku kara Atsumechaimashita! Vol. 2 (19 tracks)

Kitaoji sent them to me. They're filled with good stuff. (Thank you, J!) I was listening to one of them at work on my office iTunes yesterday and I really liked that song, so I googled "Party Time" (since the title was in English) and Hello! Project and that's how I learned it was the Shugo Chara song. (I did pick out Nacky's voice in it.) I'm sure I printed out a tracklist for both albums when I first got them. It's around here somewhere.

Thanks, Anderei.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
I'm trying to copy and paste from H!P Wiki and this is what it looks like:

In 2013, the group briefly reunited to perform "<a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/PART ... ago">PARTY TIME</a>" at the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Hell ... O!~">Hello! Project COUNTDOWN PARTY 2013 ~GOOD BYE & HELLO!~</a></blockquote>You just had to remove the formatting. If you use the full reply option (the one that says "more posting options) ) there is an eraser button. Select all the text and click the eraser. It removes all formatting.

Edit: Nevermind. I didnt see there was another page that this question was answered.
Last edited by star on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Anyone ever see this Mini Moni clip?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhy0tIbGs_0&NR=1

Does anyone have a high-quality version of this on DVD or digital file? A colleague of mine is looking for it.

He wants the prairie dog's "dramatic look" to use in something.

Thanks.

(Very unusual for a colleague who's not into Japanese pop culture to request something related to Mini Moni. This is surely a first.)
Last edited by Madara on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Man, I wish SMP's website was still around--he translated that video and he had direct downloads for a crapton of Minimoni stuff on his page (he was a huge Mika fan). I did some googling and found this:

• "The Dramatic Chipmunk", which has millions of views on YouTube, was actually from a Minimoni Chiccha segment on Hello! Morning.
Madara, that reminds me--did you ever see the Minimoni Brementown Musicians drama series?
Last edited by Vikitty on Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Valerie"]
Man, I wish SMP's website was still around--he translated that video and he had direct downloads for a crapton of Minimoni stuff on his page (he was a huge Mika fan). I did some googling and found this:

• "The Dramatic Chipmunk", which has millions of views on YouTube, was actually from a Minimoni Chiccha segment on Hello! Morning.
Madara, that reminds me--did you ever see the Minimoni Brementown Musicians drama series?
[/quote]

Yeah, that's the same clip I linked to. Don't know why they're calling it a chipmunk. It's a prairie dog.

But, no, I never saw the Minimoni Brementown Musicians series.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Yeah, the relevant part of the quote is that it was part of a segment of Hello Morning -- and I don't think Haromoni was ever released on DVD. :(

You should check out the drama--SMP subtitled it and it might be on YouTube or one of the other streaming sites? It has W and Aichan (Mika has a small part as well) and it's actually pretty moving. Aibon's English was so cute.  :heart:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Hello! Project Countdown Party 2013 ~Good Bye & Hello!~

I can’t find a thread about this amazing 3-disc concert, so I’m asking questions about it here.

Who’s the MC? He’s a guy I’ve never seen before.

Who’s Eric, the young English-speaking dude who’s intro’d at one point during the countdown on Disc 3?

Why wasn’t Yui Okada there?

Where was Asami Konno?

Where was Mari Yaguchi?

Why was Nono only in one number?

Tsunku spoke with a seriously raspy voice. I’m assuming that’s the throat cancer at work, right?

There are two different New Year’s countdowns, one on Disc 2 and one on Disc 3, with some of the same people at each but in different costumes. The tracklist labels the one on Disc 2 a “False Countdown.” Can someone explain this to me?

At the end of Disc 3, the remaining girls assemble for the final song, “Aruiteru.” No one under 18 is there, so I’m assuming there’s rules about ages and performance times being honored, since it's well past Midnight by then. Yet quite a number of the OG’s were missing from the finale even though they’d been there earlier and were well over 18. Why was that?
Last edited by Madara on Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Madara"]
Hello! Project Countdown Party 2013 ~Good Bye & Hello!~

I can’t find a thread about this amazing 3-disc concert, so I’m asking questions about it here.

Who’s the MC? He’s a guy I’ve never seen before.

Who’s Eric, the young English-speaking dude who’s intro’d at one point during the countdown on Disc 3?

Why wasn’t Yui Okada there?

Where was Asami Konno?

Where was Mari Yaguchi?

Why was Nono only in one number?

Tsunku spoke with a seriously raspy voice. I’m assuming that’s the throat cancer at work, right?

There are two different New Year’s countdowns, one on Disc 2 and one on Disc 3, with some of the same people at each but in different costumes. The tracklist labels the one on Disc 2 a “False Countdown.” Can someone explain this to me?

At the end of Disc 3, the remaining girls assemble for the final song, “Aruiteru.” No one under 18 is there, so I’m assuming there’s rules about ages and performance times being honored, since it's well past Midnight by then. Yet quite a number of the OG’s were missing from the finale even though they’d been there earlier and were well over 18. Why was that?
[/quote]

We had a thread somewhere I think?

Anyway, I'm pretty sure the MC was Sawayaka Goro.

You can read about Eric here. He's an artist under Up Front:
http://up-front.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Fukusaki

I'm guessing Yui was either busy, didn't receive an invite, or did receive an invite and decided not to attend.

Yaguchi was on hiatus due to her scandal. Konno probably couldn't due to contract stuff since she's still a reporter. I don't have an answer for Tsuji. Just the way the cards fell I guess with them putting so many people into a single concert.

Tsunku's throat is cancer related, yeah.

If the second disc countdown has some under age girls, they probably did the false countdown earlier while they could all still be onstage.

Don't have an answer for the last question. They just didn't do it that way.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks, Anderei. Interesting about that Eric guy. He's Peruvian! And Spanish is his first language. Yet when he spoke English on stage in his brief appearance he sounded like an American.

One more question--or rather more of a gripe:

In the credits for the Winter 2014 Goisu Mode concert, "Hello Pro Kenshuusei" comes up, but no names. I wanted to know who they were. They always listed the Eggs before. Why'd they stop?

kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

This isn't entirely H!P related, but I'm not sure where else to ask -- did Oricon stop counting copies that are sold to people not living in Japan? (like if you order off CD Japan)

Nevermind, found the answer. They did stop counting international orders.
Last edited by kira on Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think they learned they were never counting to begin with. You have to go through a proxy if you want it to count but I don't think it's worth the extra effort.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Oh yeah, I figured that after some more reading. I just had no idea of that policy in the first place, which was why I was wondering.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Does anyone know where the 10ki blogs before September of 2012 are? On the current blog that's as far back as it goes, on the 10ki and the 9ki blogs. I'm looking for a blog post from Kudo from approximately Jan-Apr of 2012.
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

The blogs before September 2012 were all stage play blogs, mainly Stacys, and the original sources for all of those have long since been deleted, probably since the play itself ended it's run. ;w;
Last edited by arcobaleno on Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Well damn. Thanks, though,  :heart:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I've been wondering this a long time but since I saw them in some photos from a Niigaki PB, I figured now's the time to ask.  1 / 2 / 3

The big concrete star things, what are they called and what is their purpose?
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

They break up incoming waves. I think they help prevent erosion and damage to the structures on the shore.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Tetrapod

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Tetrapods and concrete have become a Japanese institution in modern times. Their manufacture and dispersal create jobs for Japanese citizens and contracts for construction companies. It is estimated that nearly 50 percent of Japan's 35,000 kilometer coastline has been covered or somehow altered by Tetrapods and other forms of concrete. Because of the proliferation of Tetrapods, tourists to the Hawaii-like island of Okinawa often find it difficult to find pristine beaches and unaltered shoreline, especially in the southern half of the island.</blockquote>

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh, and thank you, Aine!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

So there is this Berryz MV as well asthis one for Semi and I know that these are both not singles, so I have always wondered if there are other Berryz MVs for songs of theirs that were not singles?
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Those MVs were made as VTRs for concerts, so it's possible there were others for other concerts. Not sure, though.
cadmonkey
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by cadmonkey »

I was watching J-Melo yesterday and I noticed the on screen credit for What is Love is to Morning Musume '14, but I know they already referred to them as MM'15 a few weeks ago when they were judging the fan covers.  Is this an official thing, where each song will be credited to whatever name the group was going by at the time (i.e. One Two Three by MM, Password is Zero by MM'14, the next single by MM'15), or is J-Melo just lazy with their graphics?
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I believe Tsunku said that's how they were going to do it, so it is easier to keep track of what goes where.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>