Best and Worst Singers in H!P's History?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: Best and Worst Singers in H!P's History?

Post by MejraThea »

The aforementioned performance. Ah, it is great.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

Chisato is great, but that performance is not a proper example of her ability because it is heavily edited. The actual thing is very different. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Oh? Weird. I didn't notice that at all.  :confused:
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Banana"]
Chisato is great, but that performance is not a proper example of her ability because it is heavily edited. The actual thing is very different. 
[/quote]

How is it edited? It's 3:02. I'm not at home so I can't check how long it is on the DVD. However, other performances of the song on YouTube are a minute longer, so maybe they cut a verse or a chorus out. Still, I wouldn't call it "heavily" edited. You still see the tech lady fixing her headset onstage mid-performance. And you still get Chisato's performance skills, although it would look and sound much better on a DVD played on a bigscreen TV than on YouTube.

Last edited by Madara on Tue May 20, 2014 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

No, they didn't cut anything out. Sorry, I should have said corrected, not edited. I heard a fanrecording of the performance. Because of the issues with the ear monitor, she sang some of the lines in the beginning in the wrong key and she also had timing issues towards the end. The middle of the song was fine, but the whole thing sounds like it was autotuned on the DVD, so there's no way you would know if she actually sang it well or not. 
Last edited by Banana on Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Fanrecording aren't the best to judge one's voice because of their, almost everytime, bad sound, in my opinion.
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue May 20, 2014 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think that sometimes the low quality actually makes a lot of people sound better. Everyone sounds awful on mic rips though.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Plum"]
Ai/Miki/Matsuura.

Koharu/Michishige/Konno.

[/quote]
I thought the exaaccctt same groupings.

Though I think Matsuura > Takahashi at her best > Fujimoto
 and Koharu < Konno < Michishige.  I guess I haven't really reacted to Sayumi's bad singing over the years in the same cringing way as the other 2. 
callirae
Kenshuusei

Post by callirae »

Best: Linlin, Takahashi Ai, Suzuki Airi, Kanazawa Tomoko, Danbara Ruru, Oda Sakura

Worst: Ishikawa Rika, Hagiwara Mai, Tokunaga Chinami, Junjun
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I'm a terrible judge of singing talent, but I love listening to Sakura, Tomoko, Airi, Meimi and TakaAi.  And my fave duo will always be W. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Plum" data-cid="109967" data-time="1318192070">
<div>
Ai/Miki/Matsuura.

Koharu/Michishige/Konno.

[/quote]
I thought the exaaccctt same groupings.

Though I think Matsuura > Takahashi at her best > Fujimoto
 and Koharu < Konno < Michishige.  I guess I haven't really reacted to Sayumi's bad singing over the years in the same cringing way as the other 2. 

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm down with all of this, but I'd swap Mikitty and Takahashi. I probably wouldn't have Takahashi in the top 3 at all, but I'm not gonna argue too much with those who do.

My bottom three is exactly the same. I think the reason Koharu was so much worse is that Sayu and Konno seemed to understand their limitations whereas Koharu sang like she thought she was actually a good singer.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="callirae"]

Worst: Ishikawa Rika, Hagiwara Mai
[/quote]

:nono:

I don't care if their voices are "good" or not. Nothing makes me happier than hearing Rika and MaiMai sing. The endorphins just shoot off in my brain.
Koharu has that effect on me some of the time as well.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I like listening to:
Most of the time: Reina, Sakura, Airi, Meimi, Sayuki, Miyabi
Somtimes: Takahashi (she's extremely bland most of the time. But when she sings with Reina the blend of their voice sounds really good), Masaki (sometimes she sounds so pretty, I'm so in love with her. But it's best if she doesn't sing high notes. The songs she sang in her birthday event tortured me so much), Maimi (sometimes her deep voice is so beautiful, sometimes it's just bland), Kanon (I hate her voice, too piercing for my delicate ear drum. But sometimes her tone sounds nice, such as in Gatamekira), Tomoko (she has a good tone to her voice but other than that I don't think she's a good singer. She can't handle a song by herself), Risako (I hate her voice the majority of time, but sometimes she actually sounds nice).

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

This thread keeps getting bumped, lol. I guess I might as well do mine. These aren't ranked, just listed. There are some people that I'm not really sure about, having not heard them enough. So if anybody disagrees with someone on my lists, I'd be very much interested in hearing about it (preferably with videos of performances that support your opinion).   

Former H!P
Best:
Fukuda Asuka
Yasuda Kei
Yaguchi Mari
Goto Maki
Kago Ai
Takahashi Ai
Fujimoto Miki
Tanaka Reina
Linlin
Otani Masae
Matsuura Aya
Maeda Yuki
Honda Ruru
Inaba Atsuko
Kominato Miwa

- Some of the Coconuts (Chelsea? Danielle? Mika?) probably belong on here, but watching their stuff is torture, so I can't say with certainty.
- There are some eggs that were never full H!P members (Kikkawa Yuu, Hashida Mirei, Sekine Azusa...) that would be on it had they ever debuted in H!P.
- I also think Ogawa Saki would have made it had she stayed until she was older, but she left too soon.
- Not everybody would put Mari and Reina on the best singers list because they've both gone through some incredibly obnoxious periods, but they started off better than most and still sound good when singing seriously. They're like Momoko, I guess. 
- I could trim it to only the very best, but I didn't want to make a list that none of the current best singers could ever get on. 

Worst (Only MM or the list would be endless):
Ishikawa Rika
Tsuji Nozomi
Konno Asami
Michishige Sayumi
Kusumi Koharu
Junjun

Junjun gets my vote for worst singer of all time. I think people mention her less because she didn't sing as much and her tone wasn’t as obnoxious as Koharu or Sayumi, but she had even less control over her voice, imo.

Current H!P
Best:
Suzuki Airi
Okai Chisato
Natsuyaki Miyabi
Tsugunaga Momoko
Oda Sakura
Kanazawa Tomoko
Miyamoto Karin
Takagi Sayuki
Tamura Meimi
Danbara Ruru

Almost:
Murota Mizuki (might move up soon, but I'm a little wary after her performance of Memory Seishun no Hikari)
Sugaya Risako/Fukuda Kanon (both girls have huge voices that can blow you away, but they aren't as consistent as I would like)
Fukumura Mizuki (her solo lines during concerts sound very nice nowadays, but her solo performances are very meh)

Worst:
Tokunaga Chinami
Sudou Maasa
Kumai Yurina
Nakajima Saki
Aikawa Maho (I've only heard her sing one line, but I'm going to assume the worst)
Miyazaki Yuka
Iikubo Haruna
Ikuta Erina
Ogata Haruna
Haga Akane
Makino Maria
Most of the KSS

There is also the members of Country Girls, but the only ones that I've heard singing are the former trainees, and they don't really belong on either list. 
Last edited by Banana on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

This is my favorite version of Furusato. Koharu's voice really add something to the song (she had a more childish voice than the others who sung it so it seems more real to me : a young adult, not a grown-up woman, speaking to her mother).
She clearly wasn't part of the top 15 but there are quite a lot of songs where her voice fits/add something that others couldn't/wouldn't add.
Then, I'm aware that her pitch regularly may be too high for some people. ^^'
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

okay like I have a legitimate question. Does Koharu have some sort of like... accent or speech inpediment or something? Like I don't speak a whole lot of Japanese but she noticably says/sings things really weird compared to the other girls. Like when the other girls would be like "asahi yo nobore~" she'd be like "AH SAHEE YO NOBORAAEEEYYY" does anyone know what i'm talking about and if so like, what's up with her pronounciation?

sorry I've had some wine
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="honey"]
okay like I have a legitimate question. Does Koharu have some sort of like... accent or speech inpediment or something? Like I don't speak a whole lot of Japanese but she noticably says/sings things really weird compared to the other girls. Like when the other girls would be like "asahi yo nobore~" she'd be like "AH SAHEE YO NOBORAAEEEYYY" does anyone know what i'm talking about and if so like, what's up with her pronounciation?

sorry I've had some wine
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it's just a "cute" way of speaking/singing she does on purpose. Even though it's NOT cute to me.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

One of the many reasons I can't stand her.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="honey"]

sorry I've had some wine
[/quote]

lol I've actually asked people the same thing about Takeuchi Akari before.

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="honey"]

sorry I've had some wine
[/quote]

Koharu's just more manic and high-strung than the others. For some perverse reason, that has always been a source of appeal for me. 
Last edited by Madara on Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Banana"]- Some of the Coconuts (Chelsea? Danielle? Mika?) probably belong on here, but watching their stuff is torture, so I can't say with certainty.

[/quote]

Danielle for sure. Mika, no.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Danielle for worst or best?  She was pretty decent, as was Mika.  She almost got the lead in Akai Nikkichou instead of Goto Maki but it wasn't marketable enough considering she was A) a nobody, B) a gaijin, and C) not exactly a conventionally attractive gaijin.  Neither of them were exactly amazing singers but by H!P standards, they definitely deserve to be ranked up near the top.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Danielle for best. She really exposes Goto and Nakazawa as lesser singers on "Akai Nikkichou," and I like Yuko a lot. I get why Maki got lead on that single, but she wasn't a very good singer when she joined. She was clearly the worst singer of the three on that song.

I always thought Mika was average at best.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Didn't Akkai Nikkichou have four people on it?
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="182415" data-time="1418329573">Didn't Akkai Nikkichou have four people on it?</blockquote>Nobody cares about Taiyou to Ciscomoon.
Last edited by Zoe on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

Forgot about that. Maki was the worst of the 4.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

The fourth one was Shinoda Miho. But she only had 1 complete line or something like this.

Campy <3 !
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="JPope"]
Danielle for best. She really exposes Goto and Nakazawa as lesser singers on "Akai Nikkichou," and I like Yuko a lot. I get why Maki got lead on that single, but she wasn't a very good singer when she joined. She was clearly the worst singer of the three on that song.

I always thought Mika was average at best.
[/quote]

So much this.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I didn't think Mika sounded very good in CM, but I thought she sounded fairly strong in Minimoni and some of her stuff that she did on her own later. But it's been a while since I listened to any of that. And I forgot Ishii Rika. I haven't listened to her much at all, but wasn't she really good?  
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="Ap2000"]
Worst:

sayugly and kusomi.
[/quote]

Still totally legit.