Wonder Girls

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Re: Wonder Girls

Post by Nacchi »

She looks so pretty!
Abe Natsumi <3
Zaeleus
ANGERME

Post by Zaeleus »

For those who preordered the mysterious US Wonder Girls album from wondercdpresale.com several years ago and completely forgot about it, they're finally refunding payments.

Dearest Wonder Girls Fan,

First and foremost, we are truly sorry for the time that has passed since 2009.

Thank you so much for your support of The Wonder Girls and your patience.

In 2009, we did receive payments for Pre-Album sales of a future Wonder Girls album during the WG tour.

However, there were many delays with the album and getting it released on time.

We do regret to inform you, that we will not be able to release this album at the moment.

We are very sorry from the bottom of our hearts for how things happened.

We would like to take this chance to properly refund back to you, your payment for this pre-order album.

Please send an e-mail to this address refund@wondercdpresale.com, filling out the form below.

We are sorry for any inconveniences for this matter,

but please understand that we still need to confirm your information to refund it properly.

Thank you for your time.

With Warm Regards,

JYP Entertainment USA

[snip]
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Yeah I got that. Shame, because I really wanted it but also now my mom can stop bringing it up.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I hate JYP so much sometimes. He completely screwed over the girls careers and just screws with the fans all the time.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

[quote name='Molly' timestamp='1362258048' post='145846']

I hate JYP so much sometimes. He completely screwed over the girls careers and just screws with the fans all the time.

[/quote]

So... Has anybody else been wondering over the last 2 years how in the hell JYP is still considered part of the "big 3" entertainment companies?

I mean, really. His entire company couldn't be any more self-indulgent than it already is and I don't understand how people can eat up all of the shit he releases on the regular. He makes all of his very talented artists sing JUST like him (if you have heard JYP covering some of his artists' songs, you'll know what I'm talking about) which in turn keeps them from really giving the songs any unique factor.

It would be better if he actually allowed other songwriters to contribute title songs. Best examples? Miss A's last two releases.

Anybody that disagrees with the following, PLEASE tell me:

In Miss A's "Touch" mini-album, "Lips" was a wildly better song than "Touch".

In thier last mini album "Time's Up" was as amazing of a song as can be. But JYP himself didn't have the talent to write it, so they got stuck promoting a haphazard "sequel" or throwback to Destiny Child's "Independent Woman".

DAFUQ.

I hate JYP. He ruins his artists as soon as they're out the gate.

"Korean 2PM comeback? Nah, son. I'm going to try to sell myself as the aging asian version of Michael Jackson."

/END RANT
Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Post by Nacchi »

The only group in JYP that is actually good for the moment is 2AM, thei latest song is so beautiful. Sadly are they only doing ballads ATM :/
Abe Natsumi <3
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Sunye is two months pregnant.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner because they're probably never coming back now.

Somewhere deep inside I'm happy for her.
ImageImage
Pflaume
ANGERME

Post by Pflaume »

I'm happy for her, but I always feel like it's good advice to be married for a bit before you have children.

I didn't expect WG to come back anyway so in that sense this isn't sad for me at all. She will be the adorablest mommy.
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Apparently they're coming back in the second half of 2014 according to her uncle. I'm still not getting my hopes up. But unlike the large majority I actually like Sohee's voice so if I don't get to hear her sing again I'm gonna be upset.

Also, Yubin is in a drama. Yeeun is in a musical. Lim is hosting a radio show and going to fashion events. And Sohee is getting her picture taken.
ImageImage
Pflaume
ANGERME

Post by Pflaume »

Yeah, they're all definitely busy. I just didn't expect WG as a group to return.
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'm not a WG-professional, but it does seem to me that they're slowly falling apart and not even management knows exactly what to do, which kinda sucks.

They might have an actual comeback some day, but even if, they deserved a better farewell.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

JYP has been dicking them around since he sent them to America at the height of their career. Honestly the entire company is falling apart and it's entirely his fault. :/
ImageImage
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote name='Molly' timestamp='1365277753' post='148965']

JYP has been dicking them around since he sent them to America at the height of their career. Honestly the entire company is falling apart and it's entirely his fault. :/

[/quote]

Yeah, I don't know about the boy bands, but even miss A has been doing nothing lately except for cameos and drama crap.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

2AM has never hit any super amount of fame. 2PM has been doing well in Japan but have been missing from Korea for almost two years at this point I think? JJ Project promoted for two months and dissapeared. The soloists have been doing nothing, and their other rookie group 15& is about to have a comeback.

But yeah basically JYP is a really shitty CEO.
ImageImage
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Are those his decisions as CEO? I don't know anything about businesses, but I'd guess he's hired people to run his groups, right? So I'd imagine it's more the fault of group managers or something.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

No he still makes all the big decisions :/
ImageImage
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

So Sunmi came back with a solo, MV is <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UmDrsMlXXg">here</a>. Her hair looks so basic like damn, she's one of the hottest girls in Korea and she looks so bland, but whatever, I'm just glad she's doing something. I love the song, and she said in an interview that she wants to promote as a Wonder Girl again at some point so I'm pretty much over the moon. Also Sohee was in a drama and when it's subbed I'll link it.
ImageImage
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Sunye had her baby girl today and named her Hailey :)

ImageImage
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

So, Sohee is leaving the Wonder Girls. With Sunye being married and having a child now and all, I kind of figured that Wonder Girls wouldn't be coming back, but this solidifies it. Dunno what JYP is planning to do with the Wonder Girls now, if anything at all.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Sorry to be a know it all, but that's my job in regards to WG lol but that's not actually true. Allkpop pulled that nonsense out of nowhere and it spread. Though it's likely she's not renewing her contract, she has not actually decided yet whether she's resigning or not, and is in talks with multiple agencies, including JYP about whether she'll stay or go, but she does want to focus on acting. So, slightly true, but not entirely. JYP also said the group isn't breaking up but whatever, I don't really listen to anything he says anymore.  
ImageImage
Arichii
Juice=Juice

Post by Arichii »

[quote="Molly"]
Sorry to be a know it all, but that's my job in regards to WG lol but that's not actually true. Allkpop pulled that nonsense out of nowhere and it spread. Though it's likely she's not renewing her contract, she has not actually decided yet whether she's resigning or not, and is in talks with multiple agencies, including JYP about whether she'll stay or go, but she does want to focus on acting. So, slightly true, but not entirely. JYP also said the group isn't breaking up but whatever, I don't really listen to anything he says anymore.  
[/quote]

Oh no, thanks for the clarification. I don't really follow Wonder Girls that closely so I wouldn't completely know the full details :3. 
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

WONDER GIRLS ARE MAKING A COMEBACK!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/24/wonder-girls-confirmed-to-make-comeback-as-four-member-group-including-sunmi/

4 Members: no Sunye (sad...) but Sunmi will be re-joining.

It's gonna be weird seeing Wonder Girls with only 4, but I'm still excited!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm okay with no Sunye, though I'm really upset about no Sohee. However I am super super excited for Sunmi and Lim together.

This gives me hope that we'll get a 6 member comeback some day.
ImageImage
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Wooo~ I'm so happy! I live for Lim! And I'm happy Sunmi is back! 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

This is such good news! I'm so happy I've missed Yubin so much.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

So apparently they're coming back as a band! Yeeun on keyboard, Lim on guitar, Yubin on drums, and Sunmi on bass.
ImageImage
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ Whaaaaat are you serious?? This could either be really awesome or really terrible. XD
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Honestly it will probably be both but I don't even care.
ImageImage
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

And it'll probably last like one or two singles unless it catches on. Bands in mainstream kpop seem very niche.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Obviously we all knew that Sohee was gone for good, but now Sunye... should've seen it coming, but... I'm heartbroken to see my favorite go. :(

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/19/sunye-and-sohee-officially-announce-withdrawal-from-wonder-girls/