Whitney Houston is dead.

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Melon
ANGERME

Whitney Houston is dead.

Post by Melon »

Source

TMZ

RIP. During the 80s and 90s her voice defined a diva. And she sang the definitive version of the national anthem. I was always disappointed that she destroyed her voice and we never got any more chill inducing songs from her. :(
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Whitney Houston is dead.

Post by Shoujo Q »

[News]

LOS ANGELES — Whitney Houston, whose soaring voice lifted her to the top of the pop music world but whose personal decline was fueled by years of drug use, died on Saturday afternoon in a Beverly Hills hotel room. She was 48.

The pop superstar died on the eve of the Grammy Awards in Los Angeles at the same hotel where her mentor, record mogul Clive Davis, was holding an annual pre-event party featuring scores of music industry celebrities.

A dramatic scene unfolded at the Beverly Hilton hotel as guests arriving for the party expressed shock at her death, while reporters swarmed the hotel, fans gathered outside to light candles in her memory and helicopters hovered overhead.

Beverly Hills police said they were called to the Beverly Hilton at around 3:43 p.m. PST, and fire department personnel who were already at the location responded immediately. Houston was in her fourth-floor room but was unresponsive to CPR, and she was pronounced dead at 3:55 p.m.

"She has been positively identified by friends and family (who) were with her at the hotel, and next of kin have already been notified," Lieutenant Mark Rosen told reporters. Police said there were no obvious signs of criminal intent.

Los Angeles County coroners removed Houston's body from the hotel after midnight through a backdoor to avoid the crush of media set up to cover her shocking death.

Typically, coroners conduct an autopsy within a day or two, at which point they might release some preliminary information about the death. If drugs or alcohol are involved, however, an official cause of death would not be released until after toxicology tests, which could take six to eight weeks.

This is going to but a giant big fat red damper on the Grammy awards, which I was SO looking forward to watch this year too. *tears* So sad! (And I don't mean the Grammy's, I'm not that heartless!)

Whitney Houston was one of the greatest singers of the 80s/90s and aside from Mariah Carey, I think one of the greatest of all times. She'll be missed. :<

Edit: Just noticed Petit's post. Chalk it up to still being sick? Image
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I made a thread in the chillout lounge yesterday. :| merge them mods
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote name='Petit Melon' timestamp='1329077617' post='118940']

I made a thread in the chillout lounge yesterday. :| merge them mods

[/quote]

Funnily, PQ actually mentioned it here in her last sentence. lol
AEUGNewtype
ANGERME

Post by AEUGNewtype »

I have a hard time really caring very much, even though she made a few listenable songs in that decade I like to mostly forget about, she was a raging alcoholic and drug addict, and spent the last few days (and probably months/years) of her life running around in a drunken/high stupor, yelling at people in hotels, dating a 25-year-old rapper, drinking, performing badly, and passing out all over, from what all the reports say. I just don't see what all the rush to honor her and say "she will be missed" is about. But I guess people just freak out when anything happens to celebrities or former celebrities.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote name='The☆AEUGNewtype' timestamp='1329183752' post='119046']

I have a hard time really caring very much, even though she made a few listenable songs in that decade I like to mostly forget about, she was a raging alcoholic and drug addict, and spent the last few days (and probably months/years) of her life running around in a drunken/high stupor, yelling at people in hotels, dating a 25-year-old rapper, drinking, performing badly, and passing out all over, from what all the reports say. I just don't see what all the rush to honor her and say "she will be missed" is about. But I guess people just freak out when anything happens to celebrities or former celebrities.

[/quote]

It's the same thing with Amy Winehouse.

I only feel somewhat sorry for the people who actually put faith into her.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote name='The☆AEUGNewtype' timestamp='1329183752' post='119046']

[/quote]

Because the legacy she left behind is bigger than the bullshit.
Tsuki
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Tsuki »

I can't merge these topics in this forum, so TnB or aine/berry will have to do it.