UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by DonJuan »

I guess it's the combination of the power thing and the fact that they're completely unnecessary.

I honestly wonder what Up Front is planning. They could sell NFT goods... but they mention something about "growth in the music industry". I hope they won't hide actual musical content behind this.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

That's my worry as well.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Masaki is releasing a photobook two months after graduating.... commemorating her graduation. Even posted on the MM channel. Kind of weird. Why?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It was announced before her graduation. Due to the quick nature of the graduation they probably couldn’t release it in time due to editing, printing, Covid etc. that’s my guess anyway.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Ah, I see! That explains it, haha. I was so confused.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Chinami Tokunaga revealed that she got married last year and had a baby.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CaoJRHWlOn2/
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Here's the latest from Aa! 3.0, "Udon! Udodon! Udodododoon!"

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

At this point they remember me of those Music Delivery songs (you know, Funakki and Yokoyan's Minmin Rock'n'Roll, Kanatomo and Harunan's cat song...).
I take it.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

THE☆FUNKS did a self-cover of Kakugo Shite. With Wada Ayaka and Katsuta Rina

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

First of all, that's awesome. Secondly, I feel really stupid not knowing that DANCE☆MAN was recording his own music still. For years I've done periodic searches of "DANCE☆MAN" hoping to get something new, but never did.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^^ I love this. Dance Man coming back to H!P (as he also arranged Biyo's new song) makes me so happy, and I just love his stuff.

On another note, surprise! A Maachan and Yuki duet:

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:35 pm Dance Man coming back to H!P (as he also arranged Biyo's new song) makes me so happy, and I just love his stuff.
Which song? The wiki shows Kato Yusuke and Hoshibe Sho for Chopin Senpai, and Hoshibe for Hamkatsu.

That Maa/Yuki duet is really nice. I wonder if Maa is doing content for M-line's channel just to keep busy or if she's decided that UF is where she's gonna do her solo stuff? I know she talked about how much respect she had for Riho doing her own thing, but the flip side of that coin is Murotan. I hope she sticks with Up-Front, and I hope they give her some measure of creative input.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

JPope wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pm
DonJuan wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:35 pm Dance Man coming back to H!P (as he also arranged Biyo's new song) makes me so happy, and I just love his stuff.
Which song? The wiki shows Kato Yusuke and Hoshibe Sho for Chopin Senpai, and Hoshibe for Hamkatsu.

That Maa/Yuki duet is really nice. I wonder if Maa is doing content for M-line's channel just to keep busy or if she's decided that UF is where she's gonna do her solo stuff? I know she talked about how much respect she had for Riho doing her own thing, but the flip side of that coin is Murotan. I hope she sticks with Up-Front, and I hope they give her some measure of creative input.
They're talking about the new song they performed today, "Koshi Tanta Turn".
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ah, thanks!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Here's a clip of Miyabi, Karin, Reina and Risa singing Tsubaki Factory's "Shunrenka" from the latest M-line Music episode that will probably get lost in the hype of the Maa/Yuki duet, but shouldn't because it's really great.

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Tsuji's brand new house is massive . Guess all that youtubing is paying off.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thanks Solarblade for giving the song a name! It was exactly the one that I meant.
JPope wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:15 pmI wonder if Maa is doing content for M-line's channel just to keep busy or if she's decided that UF is where she's gonna do her solo stuff? I know she talked about how much respect she had for Riho doing her own thing, but the flip side of that coin is Murotan. I hope she sticks with Up-Front, and I hope they give her some measure of creative input.
Riho and Murotan are really the two sides of the outcome here... and I'm still mad since Universal Music is a household name and they didn't bother promoting Murotan. Who the heck uploads new stuff that needs promotion on vimeo?!
Though to be fair Riho took a long, long break before coming back. Maybe Masaki wants to finish university first before going full solo?
JPope wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:28 pm Here's a clip of Miyabi, Karin, Reina and Risa singing Tsubaki Factory's "Shunrenka" from the latest M-line Music episode that will probably get lost in the hype of the Maa/Yuki duet, but shouldn't because it's really great.

Reina's style sticks out so much lol. But they're all great indeed! All the M-line stuff made me realize that Risa really is a good singer. She is of course not powerful like Kishimon, which is why she was never my number 1 in Tsubaki, but she's more stable than most H!P girls and her voice is charming. We could argue that it's nothing special though. The other three girls have a special tone to their voices that make them stand out, or a special kind of feeling in their singing. Could also be because Risa is obviously the one with the least experience though, of course.

^Damn, Nono... though to be fair I think she is only one of the very few OG who never had longer hiatuses, the only one I can think of being the one right after her marriage aka her maternity leave but shortly after that started designing baby clothes. She released a solo album, participated in H!P concerts every few years, did commercials... and of course the youtube stuff. On top of that her husband is no nobody either. I don't know how much the Ultraman verse actually pays, but considering I knew Ultraman way before I knew that guy it seems to be a bigger name, too - and he's been Ultraman since 2001.
Just saying, they're two media personalities with constant income, maybe not at TOP popularity but certainly well off.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Suzuki Airi is confirmed to be in a relationship with soccer player Tanaka Ao (who plays for German 2nd league club Fortuna Düsseldorf atm).
Apparently Tanaka has already proposed to her before leaving for Germany last summer, but engagement or marriage plans have not been mentioned by Airi nor the guy himself.

Good for her. Bad club, though.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Wow congratulations! I know nothing about soccer clubs so I have no sense of how good or bad that team is, but I'm happy for them.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've been softening on Reina's voice recently. I always thought that she was kind of vanilla despite being one of the MM's best singers, but her voice has developed something as she's matured, and I like it. I don't know if I'd agree that Risa is more stable than most of current H!P -- I'd have to think about that more -- but "charming" is a great way to describe her voice. Performing with great singers has definitely helped her, though.

Nono and Taiyo are sort of a mid-level power-couple, so no surprise they're doing well. It looks like her YT just surpassed 1 million subs, and that video already has over 2 million views in just one day. But yeah, that house is amazing.

Edit: Just by way of comparison, the latest Perfume video, "Flow," has 2.1 million views over 19 days.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm curious but speculative. Gotta say "popular receptionist" has me giggling. (As a receptionist myself lol)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Full video for "Wasabi ja nai no yo Katsuo wa" from Not Aa!'s forthcoming album.

I wish they'd just make it official and give this unit a name.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I feel like this is a one shot thing. I will continue to call them Aa! 4.0 in the mean time.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It would be just like U-F to put a group this good together, sink a decent amount of resources into it, then make it a one-shot deal. If the album does well, I think they might be convinced to do more with them, although I don't know how they'd define "well" with an M-line group. 10K-ish? Leaving them as a group just makes so much more sense, to me anyway. All of them seem to be more suited towards a group than solo, and they seem to have legitimate chemistry together. I bet this group would sell more as a group than the combined amount if they each did solo albums with the same budget as the group is receiving.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yuki Maeda's latest cover is "Sotsugyo Sashin" by Yumi Arai. Maki Goto did this on the Folk Songs 3 album, which is why I know this song.

Like all of Yuki's covers so far, this is nice. While I dig the raw live performances, I'd love it if she could find a better treated room to perform in so it would sound less like karaoke vocals.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I'm most familiar with Ayumi Hamasaki's version which probably has my favourite arrangement.

Yuki's voice is like butter, but I agree -- would love a bit more effort into the production.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Tanaka Reina performing Taiki Bansei, and I really dig it.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

It’s not bad! The vocals sound good but it just doesn’t have the spark the original did for me.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I think right after that concert she said that she sang it thinking of Takui's version, not Angerme's :lol: