UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: UFP/OG Spam Thread :: All things non-Hello!Project Related!

Post by Solarblade »

Next batch is up which includes

- Koharu's solo works (minus Balalaika as it's already uploaded on the channel?)
- Kira Pika
- MilkyWay
- W (also included the 4 PVs from the first album)
- Yuki Maeda (missing Naki Usagi, Tokyo You Turn, Tokyo, Yoimachigusa) (but also has Mianeyo ~Gomennasai~ which was released after she had graduated H!P)
- Michiyo Heike (only Propose and Murasaki Shibiku)
- H!P Kenshuusei (only Oheso no Kuni Kara Konnichiwa, for some odd reason?)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Solarblade wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:24 am - H!P Kenshuusei (only Oheso no Kuni Kara Konnichiwa, for some odd reason?)
Aside from Ten Made Nobore that's the only MV they've ever done, and that one has been up for some time.

Another for Manaka: KoiING on today's M-line music.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I thought her KoiING was pretty good!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Tsuji is in a CM for Family Mart.

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I find it really interesting that Tsuji brought all of the Mini Moni costumes home. I knew she had her own costumes, but not others. I wonder how ownership works out.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Hm, maybe she bought them at some point? Might have been a situation where Up Front kept them for some time, then planned to throw them out and Tsuji intervened.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Surprise Ozeki Mai Lady Mermaid.
She is far from Airi or Risako, so this song was not exactly a good choice. She sounds good, though.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm happy anytime we get to see Ozeki sing, so even if the song isn't the best match for her, I still love it.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

New Ozeko song, this time Watarasebashi.

Also preview of the MV for Karin's Bambina Bambino, as well as a m-line performance video of Nippon no DNA. Watching the m-line performances makes me wonder if Karin forced a cuter voice during her time in Juice. It sounds "fuller" now, in a way. Also hearing Miyo sing more reminds me of how much I love her voice lol.

The video also has a performance of Kanashiki Heaven by Bitter&Sweet, personally I really loved it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

If you put money on Haruna Ogata producing an idol group, go to the window to cash in your ticket.

Auto-translation:
"I will be producing idols! !
I talked about my detailed content and thoughts on YouTube, so please take a look."

I'm intrigued by this. Anyone who follows pro sports knows that some of the best team coaches and managers are former failed-to-middling players. Her success or failure will ultimately hinge on her ability to secure good music, though.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

And she already has experience, even though we don't know how much the members of YouPlus actually did themselves.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Wasn't Sayuki trying to do something similar? Wonder whatever happened there.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Zoe wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:32 am Wasn't Sayuki trying to do something similar? Wonder whatever happened there.
Nothing came of it. Based solely on the stuff I've seen on her YT channel -- which is in a language I don't understand, mind you -- Sayubee seems like a massive flake to me. I have no idea if that has any mooring in reality, but it's the vibe I get from her.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Ai-chan and Risa! They're doing Renai Hunter

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The dance covers that Ai-chan does are cute, but I wish both of them would sing more often.

For those skilled in the Nihongo, Mikitty just dropped a half-hour interview with Tsunku on her channel.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I posted this in the VTuber forum, but fearing it might get lost amongst the cobwebs I'm gonna post it here, too.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ayacho has a new project called LOLOET with four others, including the dude who the Ano Koro movie was centered around. This is their first song, "SŒUR."

This reminds me of some of the indie shit that was popular among a group of my friends back in the 90s that I always rolled my eyes over.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Risa Ogata dropped the video for her second single, "Eiga no Shumi ga Au dake"

I like Risa, but she's not great as a soloist. It doesn't help that the music she gets is mostly non-offensive second-rate pop, but then again, would you entrust her with the good stuff? Her voice is pleasant, but limited, just like her her personality. As M-line is about to get a new limited-but-pleasant member soon *cough*Mizuki*cough*, maybe they can form a semi-permanent M-line group for them?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

JPope wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:26 pm Ayacho has a new project called LOLOET with four others, including the dude who the Ano Koro movie was centered around. This is their first song, "SŒUR."

This reminds me of some of the indie shit that was popular among a group of my friends back in the 90s that I always rolled my eyes over.
Oh, JPope. :lol:

I had to listen after this glowing review and I completely see what you mean. I’m not surprised that Ayacho would be part of a song like this, but it’s definitely not my style. Sounds #2kewl4me
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The urge to go to a coffee shop in Cambridge and visit a museum to culture myself just intensified.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Personally I'm all in for a Mizuki-Risa-duo, that way they save resources and can spend more on Karin (and Maachan). (I'd think Airi carries herself lol)

I don't know if there's a direct line from the Netherlands to France regarding weed or mushroom supply but I definitely need to get in that line to understand/get into Dawa's new music.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Somehow we all missed Kiki's M-line debut, covering J=J's "Platonic Planet":

Kiki pulls off a song that, on paper, she doesn't seem all that suited for, and I don't know if she was coached to sing it like she does or if she just flat out made it her own on her own. Her unabashedly flirty delivery is a clever way to mask the fact that she doesn't have the power of the original singers, although she shows more power than I thought she had. This isn't a "holy fuck" cover, but it makes me a lot more interested in her M-line future than I was before.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Tsuintēru wa 20-sai made ♡" from Uta-chan's group Kyururin te shitemite is ridiculously cute and catchy.

TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Kyurushite has a great discography if you enjoy their kind of sound. They all have quite soft voices which is a little disappointing, but you can definitely tell on some of the more recent songs that they are pushing their vocals much more than they did in the beginning. Glad Uta is still working. If you're going to be in a small idol group with a small audience, Kyurushite seems like a great place to be.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kiki's new M-line video is a ZARD cover, "Yureru Omoi," which is more in line with what I was expecting from her.

It's aiight. A bit of a disappointment after her take on Platonic Planet, and I hope she doesn't get pigeon-holed into stuff like this, even if I think she probably will.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

MV for Ogata Risa' Chiisana Sekai. Lowkey Gomaki vibes (Ai no Bakayarou).
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So everything I said about Risa above still stands. The song is pretty good, but I think I'd like it more if, say, Maa-chan or even Kiki were singing it. Risa just doesn't have much emotional range, either as a singer or as an actress in her videos. I just never buy what she's selling.

You know who does have emotional range? Ruru Dambara, that's who. Holy fuck, this performance of "Shoushitsuten -Vanishing Point-" off of Buono! 2 with Miyabi might be my favorite live performance of the year.

Beautiful song that's kind of gotten lost in the forest of classic H!P oldies, and just an electric performance. I think Ruru might have surpassed Sayubee in terms of packing an emotional punch with her voice, for me anyway.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Wow, what a great performance. I'm glad Ruru is back on track after being off for some time.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't know that I've ever heard her sing better. Had to suck to be Miyabi there, with Ruru stealing her feature song away from her on the same stage.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kiki with a new cover, this time "Yume Miru Shoujo ja Irarenai" by Nanase Aikawa.

Like her Platonic Planet, this is better than I would expect from Kiki, but unlike PP there's no real substitute for rock n' roll power and attitude here, and while Kiki seems to be more versatile than I thought, she doesn't have either of those in her tool bag.