Silent Siren thread!

We listen to stuff outside of H!P? What?!?

Moderator: tsukinobyouin

Wapiko
ANGERME

Silent Siren thread!

Post by Wapiko »

Thanks to a thread on arama the other day I discovered this cute girl band, Silent Siren (or Saisai for short). They're made up of four members: Yoshida Sumire (aka Suu) on vocal/guitar, Yamauchi Aina (aka Ainyan) on bass, Umemura Hinako (aka Hinanchu) on drums, and Sogawa Ayana (aka Yana) on keyboards. The last three girls also sing the chorus. They formed in the summer of 2010, according to their blog, but only started making albums this year.

What I like about them is that even though they're all reader models for fashion magazines, they all seem like girls I could pass on the street and believe they're just normal college students. I used to be really big into girl bands, but they all seemed to be wacky or have some fakely unique look to them. Oddly enough, I find Saisai's averageness to be a plus. Additionally, their music seems to be very idol-esque, but in a rock setting, and without all of the annoying costumes you normally see with idol bands. Then again, they are still independent, so who knows if that has anything to do with it.

They don't really have an official website but they do have an official blog.

PICTURES:

Image Image

Youtube only has two previews of two of their PVs, Love no Shirushi (The Symbol of Love) and Love Jelly (omg that title).

Their latest album, Love Seal (I can't decide if "shiru" is a shortened form of "shirushi" or not, uh-oh), was just released last week.
Last edited by Wapiko on Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Re: Silent Siren thread!

Post by Shoujo Q »

They are cute, but they still need to work on their live performances.

I will keep an eye out for them because I like girly bands. Image
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.