Morning Musume。Concert Tour 2013 Spring Michishige☆Eleven SOUL ~Tanaka Reina Special Commemoration Graduation~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Pucchi-Mo
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume。Concert Tour 2013 Spring Michishige☆Eleven SOUL ~Tanaka Reina Special Commemoration Graduation~

Post by Pucchi-Mo »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rally" data-cid="154665" data-time="1370669196">
<div>
They need to perform in the states (preferably L.A.). Now. Seriously. I need to see these girls live.
[/quote]

Without a tie-in at an anime convention please.

</div>
</blockquote>

How exactly would someone make this happen?

Yeah, it would be nice to avoid this, but it's not very realistic.

Tie-ins like that are basically the most logical way to minimize the risk of performing in the US and semi-getting your money's worth.
It's really not an easy thing to do. From what I understand from talking to friends involved with part of the process of getting Japanese performers for shows, when they come to the US, they often take a huge hit financially and are rarely paid what they deserve.

My example was only about bands that have 5 members max, who don't even need security or fancy hotels because they don't have crazy stalker fans. We must not forget that a Morning Musume trip also includes a huge team that has to look out for a big ass girl group for a whole week. It's expensive with just 1, just imagine 11.

Now consider this and remove the tie-in aspect. This significantly reduces the amount of people whose attention they can get to even attend their events. Would this overseas trip seem worth it to management? Probably not.

I'd just be happy to have them back. Special conditions are just a fantasy.
Last edited by Pucchi-Mo on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delivering bad puns and deciphering 
Tsunku's madness for ten whole years!

You're welcome.  :thumbsup:
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Morning Musume。Concert Tour 2013 Spring Michishige☆Eleven SOUL ~Tanaka Reina Special Commemoration Graduation~

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Pucchi mo"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="154670" data-time="1370675334">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rally" data-cid="154665" data-time="1370669196">
<div>
They need to perform in the states (preferably L.A.). Now. Seriously. I need to see these girls live.
[/quote]

Without a tie-in at an anime convention please.

</div>
</blockquote>

How exactly would someone make this happen?

Yeah, it would be nice to avoid this, but it's not very realistic.
</div>
</blockquote>
I know, I just wish there wouldn't be one.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I would look after Maa-chan for free!  that would save them a load  :tongue:

Just come to NE, okay?
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="rob"]
Does anyone remember the Ooki hitomi performance by Sakura, Karin and Fuyuka? It was on youtube temporarily, I can't find it anymore.
[/quote]

<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQzNDc2MjYw.html">Ooki Hitomi (Karin, Fuyuka, Sakura)</a>

It's on youku and the quality isn't very good, though.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Banana"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="154704" data-time="1370710015">
<div>
Does anyone remember the Ooki hitomi performance by Sakura, Karin and Fuyuka? It was on youtube temporarily, I can't find it anymore.
[/quote]

<a href="http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDQzNDc2MjYw.html">Ooki Hitomi (Karin, Fuyuka, Sakura)</a>

It's on youku and the quality isn't very good, though.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeh it sounds like a phone recording but still you can hear how much better both Sakura and Karin are!
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgL5lmq_ ... lmq_c3Y</a>

Full concert up on YouTube- watch it while you can!

This is my favorite concert of them all.  I love every song sung, and everyone, imho, performed at their very best.  The dance battle during Dokkan was so cool, Oda's lines in Egao were amazing, Reina just rocks.  The opening with Sayu was really fun, Zukki's Shabondama line sent chills down my spine.  Mizukingdom is coming.  I'll miss Reina, but I am very confident in the Colorful Era. :satisfied:
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

(I'll be updating this as I listen to each of the songs.)

LoVendor opening. . .  :heart:
Sayu is adorable. The opening sequence is really cool.
I liked this live of Kimi Sae better than the recorded version.
Sakura in Help Me  :heart:
I love Wakuteka, but stop changing Haruka's voice into a guy's. Its just weird.
Diva Sakura knows good things are going to happen. And omg, that one line did not sound like Reina, but it was amazing. And Ayumi, sing like that from now on.
Ooki Hitomi. Yes. . . just yes. ReiYumi has struck again. (Adorable hug)
Last edited by star on Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

With the new MM concert, we get the DVD magazine that contains footage from the last concert.

Some of it's starting to show up, like this.

When Reina was sick, Ayumi took her lines for Watashi no Dekkai Hana. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2y8">Watch it!</a>

I love these DVD magazines with the behind the scene footage! <3
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

That was so amazing.  Ayumi did SO well to take over those lines and she was so cute.  When Kudu was cheering her on was so sweet and then they cut to Sayumi and it was so cool how she was watching over her like that.

Made by Haru!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
With the new MM concert, we get the DVD magazine that contains footage from the last concert.

Some of it's starting to show up, like this.

When Reina was sick, Ayumi took her lines for Watashi no Dekkai Hana. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 2y8">Watch it!</a>

I love these DVD magazines with the behind the scene footage! <3
[/quote]

I just got my DVD of this from CDJapan. I'm hoping this footage is on there. I haven't checked yet.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It's not. DVD Magazines are only available at the concert venues or UF-Online. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Full concert up on Youtube

Features better camera work than the raw edit did.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

And already taken down. jfc that was fast.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

You can watch the full on dailymotion, but I don't know if UFP's attacked that yet.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well, if you watched the raw edit, then you've seen this because the only difference is some of the camera work. But youtube links tend to be more convenient for most people.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Okay, I just finished watching my DVD of this concert. I’ll do a blog entry at some point (after seeing it again), but I had some questions and observations to make here.

First off, Reina makes everybody laugh during the graduation ceremony, not just the audience but every member of MM as well, even when they’re crying. What is she saying? Is there a transcript or a subtitled version of the ceremony?

She also does much more talking than than usual for a graduating member. Has there ever been a graduation with this much talk from the graduating member before?

Remarkably, neither Reina nor Sayumi shed a single tear. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a graduation of a longtime member go by as dry as this one. As far as I could tell, Ayumi, Kanon and Erina didn’t cry either, although Kanon let loose backstage. And I’m not sure about Mizuki or Haruna since the camera cut to a long shot at those points where we would have seen tears if there’d been any.

I’m saddened by Reina’s departure, esp. since she really came into her own as the de facto leader of MM once Risa was gone and really excelled. But I didn’t cry during the graduation nor at the very end after “Shabondama.” I didn’t feel the wellsprings of emotion I felt at, say, Maki’s, Nacchi’s Aibon/Nono’s and Ai-chan’s graduations. Or even Koharu’s. Maybe it was simply because Reina and Sayumi were so full of good cheer here and I felt I ought to be also.

“Shabondama” was great. I hope they give more of the old songs to these girls. They’ve got the right spirit for it.

I liked the next-to-last song, “Happy Daisakusen” a great deal. This was the first time I’ve heard it. It’s perfectly suited to these eleven performers. I hope they do it at more concerts and I hope it’s on their next album.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Although I can't provide a proper transcript I can say that she did say she wanted a "happy" graduation; probably why there was little to no crying.
Last edited by Haru on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Madara"]

I liked the next-to-last song, “Happy Daisakusen” a great deal. This was the first time I’ve heard it. It’s perfectly suited to these eleven performers. I hope they do it at more concerts and I hope it’s on their next album.
[/quote]

It's the main group B-side on Morning Musume's Help Me single, so you're not going to ever hear it on an album, unless they do a special b-side album again. 
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="164876" data-time="1381455397">
<div>

[/quote]

It's the main group B-side on Morning Musume's Help Me single, so you're not going to ever hear it on an album, unless they do a special b-side album again. 

</div>
</blockquote>

Madara, you can get a studio version of the song on the following editions:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EPCE-5921
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EPCE-5923
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EPCE-5925
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=EPCE-5931
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Reina's grad reminded me a lot of Yossi's grad because Yossi also wanted it to be a happy, fun graduation and spent most of the graduation ceremony cracking jokes and trying to make everyone laugh.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

That's one of the many reasons Yossie was awesome.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Plus Reina already had the next stage in her life all lined up, and it's still singing under UFP, so it's not that much different, it wasn't like she was going to immediately disappear.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Did I hear something about a subtitled graduation?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b4i25_ZShIA

Reina's speech hasn't been translated, but thought some might like the light hearted banter between her and the members.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

It's funny that you posted that, cause I was just subbing the speech/kirafuyugirl/messages this morning.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Update on the subs:

They're done! Lol. Took me a month, but school's been horrid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbBuCdRn95k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J59-C_Y-Lt4