Tell Me What You Think About These Members

aka MM-BBS does Asia. Forum for all your Korean music needs.

Moderator: Arichii

Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Tell Me What You Think About These Members

Post by Nacchi »

Okay, I would really like to know what you think about a few members in the kpop-industry:

Girls

T-ara: Qri, Soyeon, Jiyeon, Areum

f(x): Luna, Sulli, Krystal

Girls Generation: Jessica, Yoona, Seohyun

4Minute: Jihyun, Hyuna, Sohyun

After School: Raina, Lizzy, Nana

Miss A: Min, Suzy

APink: Eunji, Bomi

Boys

Super Junior: Heechul, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Ryeowook

TVXQ: Yunho, Jaejoong

SHINee: Onew, Key, Taemin

EXO: Luhan, Lay, Kai, Sehun

Beast: Hyunseung, Junhyung, Dongwoon

Nu'Est: Aron, Minhyun, Ren

Big Bang: G-Dragon

Infinite: Woohyun, Myungsoo

UKISS:Kibum (ex-member), Soohyun, Kevin, Kiseop
Abe Natsumi <3
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Tell Me What You Think About These Members

Post by Anderei »

f(x) - Luna is a great singer, who I think is well utilized even if she doesn't get a ton of screentime. Sulli is... there to be pretty. The fact that she spent the first three or four years of her training to be an actress before being moved into the idol part a year before f(x) debuted shows. Krystal is okay, but I've never been impressed.

SNSD - I didn't like Jessica's voice in 2007 and I don't like it now. Too thin and nasally. I think Seohyun is a much better singer but outside of performances she's not very interesting at all to me. I've always thought Yoona is pretty even if she's the 'plain' one. Singing-wise, I think if you like Hyoyeon more than her, you'll say Yoona is the worst. Vice versa, you'll probably say it's Hyoyeon.

4minute - I've always been a Hyunah fan. She's not amazingly talented, but I think she's got the stage presence and looks to be a good soloist. She also stands out more than the other members off stage which I think is one of the reasons she's the most popular. Sohyun is talented, but I don't think she's ever going to be more than a rapper in 4minute, even if she is arguably the second most popular member behind Hyunah. Jihyun is just there.

AS - Raina is overused, but outside of Jungah (who is probably next to leave) they don't have a lot of options if they want a big voiced vocalist. Nana is pretty and popular, but I've never been impressed by her rapping or her singing. Lizzy has never been on my radar long enough for me to notice her.

Beast - I think Hyunseung is a great performer (Troublemaker was awesome!) but like Sohyun in 4minute, I don't think he's ever going to get a bigger role in Beast than he has now. I think Junhyung is annoying and don't have an opion on Dongwoon.

G-Dragon is overrated and his music is bland. Also, most of his fans are kind of the worst.

U-Kiss: Kibum was an alright singer, but he didn't have the popularity to compete with Kevin or the vocal chops to compete with Soohyun. Although I loved U-kiss when he was around, I honestly think the new lineup is much better. Soohyun is a great vocalist and he's fun to watch on variety. Needs to work on his confidence though because he talks about not being good looking a LOT. Kevin is a beast on stage, and I think his voice is surprisingly versatile (as is Soohyun). Kiseop's singing isn't amazing, so I'm glad they've made him the center for a lot of the dancing, since it gives him a chance to be noticed. Also, he's pretty.

I know some Infinite and EXO fans who could give you opinions if you really want them.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Nacchi
Juice=Juice

Post by Nacchi »

^You don't have to give me the EXO and Infinite-fans opinions. It's nothing neccessary. I just like to know what other people think of the members in different groups XD
Abe Natsumi <3
Pflaume
ANGERME

Post by Pflaume »

Girls

T-ara: Qri, Soyeon, Jiyeon, Areum

All I think of when I think of Qri is "former ullzang." Otherwise I had few opinions. Soyeon is surprisingly bad at singing for someone touted as main vocal, Jiyeon seems beautiful but has always rubbed me the wrong way, and I mostly just feel bad for Areum that she stepped into such a shitstorm. I don't really love any of the t-ara but I don't hate them, either. I think they were excessively demonized thanks to the bullying scandal.

f(x): Luna, Sulli, Krystal

I love Luna. Talented and sweet, but I feel bad that she gets so much shit for being too muscular or not pretty enough. Sulli can't sing or dance well but I absolutely love her. She's stunning and seems quirky in a cute way. Krystal has always rubbed me the wrong way, also. Who knows if she is actually as bratty as she sometimes seems, though. She has also been excessively demonized based on inadequate evidence.

Girls Generation: Jessica, Yoona, Seohyun

Indifferent, and indifferent (though I uses to dislike her and I have no absolute reason for it, sometimes someone just rubs you the wrong way). Seohyun's personality makes me love her. She's great and also one of the more talented members.

4Minute: Jihyun, Hyuna, Sohyun

No opinion, she's fine but sadly a bit overexposed, no opinion. One of them was the refreshingly honest one, right? I liked an interview she did.

After School: Raina, Lizzy, Nana

I... Like Orange Caramel? Nana is really pretty and one of keeps being described as obnoxious but I have no opinion on that.

Miss A: Min, Suzy

I love Min. I want to be her bestie. Her twitter is great and when she showed up on reddit I cracked up. Suzy seems cute too. She seems genuinely likable which makes it sad that her success makes her so overanalyzed. I mean, good God, she gained like 5 pounds and everyone had a fit.

APink: Eunji, Bomi

No opinion. I liked "Prince"?

Boys

Super Junior: Heechul, Yesung, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Ryeowook

No opinions.

TVXQ: Yunho, Jaejoong

No opinions.

SHINee: Onew, Key, Taemin

No opinions except Taemin is damn talented. But actually they all are.

EXO: Luhan, Lay, Kai, Sehun

No opinion.

Beast: Hyunseung, Junhyung, Dongwoon

No opinion.

Nu'Est: Aron, Minhyun, Ren

No opinion.

Big Bang: G-Dragon

Genuinely talented but his style makes me laugh sometimes and gives me secondhand embarrassment.

Infinite: Woohyun, Myungsoo

No opinion.

UKISS:Kibum (ex-member), Soohyun, Kevin, Kiseop

No opinion.
Last edited by Pflaume on Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant."
zlilzlilzlil
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by zlilzlilzlil »

Girls

T-ara:

Qri - she is the useless member... in the beginning she was not given any lines and after some time they gave her a little and she sound pretty bad, I watched a MR of the eunjung center (forgot the name), she had one solo in it and she managed to sing one word, the rest was back vocals. she also kind of transformed somewhere along the way - the 2009 Qri and 2012 Qri look like 2 diffrent people.

Soyeon - She has a very unique kind of voice which I think was the main reason she got the main vocals, I like her singing and she is pretty good, but she is over used in alot of t-ara songs like don't leave or the song with the "knock knock knock" which I forgot his name too...

Jiyeon - She wears too much make up, she has very unique eyes and her voice is nice, liked her vocals on dream high 2. she can sing nice when given a chance, which is rare among the visual.

Areum - to new to tell, she is okay in most areas...

f(x):

Luna - strong vocals.

Sulli - I don't have an opinion about her.

Krystal - She is good... vocally she sound like jessica, but jessica is better...

Girls Generation:

Jessica - I really love jessica's voice, she is amazing singer in my opinion, she has a very good range and capable of any song.

Yoona - Yoona is not bad, she is just the weakest vocally among all of SNSD (maybe except of hyohyeon) and to fans it's translated as bad... she is still better than some like qri...

Seohyun - She is pretty boring as a person, but when she is funny, she tops most of SNSD (excpet of sooyoung, sunny & hyoyeon which are variety queens), a very good and steady voice, I really love how they have her singing the last lines of inoccent songs like tinkerbell or kissing you which is very nice/.

4Minute:

Jihyun - Good voice, irritating at times... I like Gayoon better as a vocalist because of the color of her voice.

Hyuna - I really don't like her as a preformer... on vareity she is okay, but she is not a good singer or a good rapper, yet she is just pushed into my eyes until the bleed... her singing voice is awful, irritating and bad overall (what is more awful is that her singing, talking and rapping voice are diffrent)...

Sohyun - can tell between the two back members... some times they are almost not there, you hear Jiyoon and Gayoon and see Hyuna's butt...

After School:

Raina, Lizzy, Nana - Are those the three in orange caramel? if so all three of them are good vocallist, and raina is a very good one. don't really know after school other then that.

Miss A:

Min - amazing dancer!! and a good vocalist and rapper. her Kkab dance is funny.

Suzy - a very good singer (expesically for her young age - she is only 18 now - she will turn 19 on october), she was awesome on dream high, both in terms of singing and acting, she has a wide range and she is really pretty. she is not a bad dancer, it's just that jia, fei & min are REALLY GOOD dancers and she is shadowed by their skills.

APink:

Eunji - Her voice is a gift from heaven!!! she is a penomenal singer. I heard she was also a good actress, didn't watch her yet to tell.

Bomi - I really like her voice, she should be given more challnging parts like she good on "I don't know", but I think the eunji and namjoo are better vocalist then her.

Boys

Super Junior:

Heechul - don't like him, on lives he doesn't open his mouth to really sing his lines...

Yesung - Very good singer, not everyone will love his type of voice.

Eunhyuk & Donghae - both are amazing dancers,eunhyuk get's alot of singing parts when donghae is clearly the better singer...

Ryeowook - Can't tell between him and sungmin I really can't, both of them are good singer (I know ryeowook is better but I can't tell them apart so I can't be sure) both have very high pitched vocals, might need some time to get used to.

TVXQ: Yunho, Jaejoong - I only know mirotic, so can't give an opinion.

SHINee: Onew, Key, Taemin - all of them are the same to me, the all are good singer and great dancers, onew is funny on variety sure, and taemin is a really good dancer.

EXO: Luhan, Lay, Kai, Sehun - don't watch EXO...

Beast: Hyunseung, Junhyung, Dongwoon - all are good at their parts...

Nu'Est: Aron, Minhyun, Ren - don't know them...

Big Bang: G-Dragon - I don't like big bang, G-dragon is the one I don't like the most, I heard a solo song or two he did and I don't like it...

Infinite: Woohyun, Myungsoo - don't know them...

UKISS:Kibum (ex-member), Soohyun, Kevin, Kiseop - don't know them...
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

The only one I know well enough to comment is on G Dragon and I think he's adorable in an awkward way. His baby face also makes me think he's only 17. He's probably the best thing going for Big Bang and that's even with my TOP fangirl filters on.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Most of these groups I either don't listen to very much or haven't commited names to memory. I hope this doesn't count as replying to an old thread because its from this month.

Girls

T-ara: Hasn't memorized names

f(x): Hasn't memorized names

Girls Generation: Jessica: One of my favorites. I like her voice. It also helps that she speaks English (xD "His Wife?") and has the same name my mother had., Yoona: very pretty. I can't say much else because I dob't really pay attention to her., Seohyun:Another of my favorites.

4Minute: I honestly have only know HyunA despite listening to them all the time. She's just way too overpromoted, but I do like her.

After School: Heard of them, bug never listened to them.

Miss A: Haven't commited names.

APink: Haven't commited names.

Boys

Super Junior: I have only memorized Yesung, Siwon, and Shindong's names. I go into super fangirl mode at the mention of Yesung... enough said.

TVXQ: Never heard of them

SHINee: Haven't memorized names

EXO: Doesn't listen to them very much

Beast: Doesn't listen to them very much

Nu'Est: Hasn't memorized names.

Big Bang: G-Dragon: Not sure who this is, but all I can say is Crayon.

Infinite: Never heard of them.

UKISS:Never heard of them.

So, I listen to KPOP, but my diversity within the genre is limited.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>