12th generation "Mirai Shoujo" Audition

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: 12th generation "Mirai Shoujo" Audition

Post by Anderei »

No one was talented to join the group? ALL OF THEM were weaker than Haruna is right now?

<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Okay, that was just too funny Anderei LOL

I'm a little pissed, too. Like pretty much everyone said, what in the hell is the point of doing this audition if you aren't going to add anyone to begin with?

I'm thinking Tsunku just didn't like the pickings, and he just backpedaled to avoid making them feel worser than they do. (Although saying that they weren't going to get it anyway isn't exactly helpful y'know)

I just hope this doesn't lead to another Koharu again.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Why add one girl and pay a salary when you can add more members who will pay monthly for the privilege of a chance?

I'm sad. We needed another vocalist to let the strain off Riho. Please let next 12 be another Sakura situation!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
I'm a little pissed, too. Like pretty much everyone said, what in the hell is the point of doing this audition if you aren't going to add anyone to begin with?
[/quote]

What makes anyone think that he wasn't going to add anyone to begin with? Seems to me he just didn't see a good fit for the group during the auditions, so he decided not to add anyone. I don't see the big problem with that.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

None of the people in the audition video really stood out that way either. Future girl was a big expectation to live up to and nobody quite filled it the way Tsunku hoped they would.
Formerly Mizura
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Looking at it now, it seems obvious that he wouldn't want to add anyone at this moment. It must have taken a long time to set up these auditions and, with MM making it big on their own, adding a new person is counter to the Musume-Now campaign, so Tsunku passing on adding anyone due to timing makes sense to me. I wonder if Sayu's major part in the new boom delayed her graduation, thus offsetting the need for a replacement just yet.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="neshcom"]
Looking at it now, it seems obvious that he wouldn't want to add anyone at this moment. It must have taken a long time to set up these auditions and, with MM making it big on their own, adding a new person is counter to the Musume-Now campaign, so Tsunku passing on adding anyone due to timing makes sense to me. I wonder if Sayu's major part in the new boom delayed her graduation, thus offsetting the need for a replacement just yet.
[/quote]

LONG LIVE QUEEN SAYU.

Along with her princess Fukumura.

And prince Kudo.

And jester Masaki.

Servant Ayumi (that was a 2ch tribute),

Adviser Sayashi,

Suzuki (because everybody need suzu),

And Powerhouse Sakura,

And Ikuta... for Risa support...

And The Chokobo.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

[quote="tangerine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="161300" data-time="1377370960">
<div>
And they made CUCA cry her eyes out for NOTHING.
[/quote]
Yeah!! Who cares about the girls that got to the final round but didn't get picked & got invited to be a Kenshuusei but can't pay the training fees!! Screw them!!

</div>
</blockquote>

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Some of the girls who got to the final round can't pay the Kenshuusei fees?
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I thought lessons were once a week?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Wow, that's some heavy cash they have to shell out. Really, I understand they're training to possibly be in a group, but to spend that much on one lesson is a little overboard.

Especially if they're once a week.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, once they changed it from H!P Eggs to H!P Kenshuusei it became a paid system. They've also mentioned the classes have different levels based on your skill level, so not everyone is receiving the same training.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

Sounds a little like those comedy schools like UCB or Groundlings. You pay to go through different levels of classes and, if you get good and hit the high levels, you very seriously get noticed by entertainment bigwigs. Except it's young girls trying to break into the young girl business. J=J is all kenshuusei, right?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Except Yuka.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm pretty sure it's $100 (10,000 yen) a month with a class each week. Honestly it's not that much, about $25 a class, and they get to appear in concerts and what not too.

I pay more for my acting class.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

If it's $100 per month for four classes and a foot in the door of a major idol factory, that's really next to nothing.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Here's the thing...apart of me is annoyed because after all the suspense I was hoping for just one girl. Oda assimilated so well onto the group so the 12th gen auditions didn't bother me so much. It's like she's already been in Morning Musume for two years. I also wonder if Sayumi will be around until late 2014 or not. It seems that way. Sayu kingdom works so well. Who would've thought?!? I see the 12th gen auditions happening late Spring 2014, Sayu will lead them 'til late fall and then not show up in a few projects to do another photo book , her farewell single and participate in meeting about her grad concert and special goods.(quiet possibly the most expensive grad concert+ prettiest/coolest too with her creative direction.) Not that Ai's "Ai Believe" goods weren't great, they absolutely were. I think the 12th gen will be just one girl when the time comes.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]
If it's $100 per month for four classes and a foot in the door of a major idol factory, that's really next to nothing.
[/quote]

I agree.

$25 per class is actually pretty cheap for the possibilities they can have.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I wonder what kind of voal instruction the girls are getting? And this is the first time I've heard of these class things. It might explain how Tsunku picks them so randomly whenever he wants to form a group.

And for 12thgeneration Im thinking between 1-3 girls.
Formerly Mizura
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I'm actually glad? I like the current lineup a lot and I wanted them to stay together longer. I guess when we get new audition announcement that's a call for Sayu grad.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="TnB"]
Ugh, Tsunku. 

I'm glad that we didn't get someone crappy added to the group, but both "nashi" auditions just feel like a lame failed promotion effort. But as long as this doesn't lead to Koharu 2.0 in the next round, ok whatever let's get back to the awesome lineup we already have.
[/quote]

I don't really call a 2 minutes long video PR. haha

I personally also don't see adding new members as something that's needed right now.
Management probably didn't realize this soon enough and they had already planned the audition, booked stuff etc.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="rob"]

And they made CUCA cry her eyes out for NOTHING.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^ YES!!!! Although, we can't be positive that at the time of the selection for the third round they already knew they weren't adding anyone. 

[quote="Mizura"]
I'm curious about the new group that Tsunku was hinting at.
[/quote]
I'm hoping this means that it will be all new girls from the audition and not another egg group. J=J is good, but they are the group of old faces. Now we need a group of new faces to balance them out.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Everyone except for Karin and Sayuki have only been in H!P since 2012. 3/5 of them aren't old faces at all.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm enjoying the talent level of JJ and intro-S/mileage versus the others when they debuted, so please, no new faces idol groups. I'm not saying we need South Korea's seven year trainee programs, but I am saying we need to stop debuting girls before they're worth listening to.

Letting them debut before they have any skill is only cool if you shove them in the back until they get better, but no one wants to do that in the idol world for some weird reason. And you run the risk of just getting duds, though I think Aika was the only MM dud and that's impressive. I guess I'm not the ideal idol fan because I love to watch my girls grow, but not from Koharu levels of newbiedom.
Last edited by showraniy on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fujii hina
Kenshuusei

Post by fujii hina »

[quote="Mizura"]
I'm curious about the new group that Tsunku was hinting at.
[/quote]

I think this would rely greatly on who among the girls would agree to join the Kenshuusei and agree to be in a group that's NOT Morning Musume.

Like Kuduu said in her 1/娘。video, it's MM or nothing.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Most girls will take whatever they can get. Most kenshuusei never debut. Look at all the small indies groups that pop up week after week. When you really want to be an idol, you'll debut with whoever will take you.
Last edited by Anderei on Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^some girls get luckey and debut in an already famous group. (Like MM or AKB)
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Well since the auditions are still technically on-going, I wonder if we'll see some new girls next year.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Mizura"]
^some girls get luckey and debut in an already famous group. (Like MM or AKB)
[/quote]

I wouldn't call debuting in AKB lucky unless you somehow skyrocket your way to top 16 out of the 300 or so girls.

I don't care who the next gen will be. I'm with everyone else in that I like MM as they are now, so let them get another year at most out of it. Don't do the whole Platinum Era thing again, but at least let this group be awesome a little longer.
bowbow0720
Kenshuusei

Post by bowbow0720 »

Sometimes I think Aki-P is recruiting girls that failed MM or HP auditions under his umbrella on purpose. Most of them who had tried out for HP auditions are actually doing pretty well in AKB or other sister groups.