Berryz performing Budokan in November

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Ap2000
つんく♂

Re: Berryz performing Budokan in November

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="showraniy"]
So I guess it's something like Madison Square Garden then. Not anything special as a venue, but it's in the heart of Manhattan and busy as hell at all times, so to book a gig there is much bigger than the crowd itself. I didn't know they'd performed at Saitama though. I had no idea they'd performed anywhere big at all, so that's good to know.
[/quote]

Budokan is pretty much the biggest gig you can get in the country.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I mean it's not anything special as a physical location; that's why I mentioned societal importance after. And I thought Tokyo Dome was considered more prestigious. I don't think I've seen anything less than the country's biggest acts hit that place, though I could be wrong. Ayumi Hamasaki, TVXQ, Namie Amuro (I'm pretty sure...), etc. I'm sure they're comparable, just throwing it out there that my impression seems to be Budokan < Tokyo Dome.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="153810" data-time="1370045644">I mean it's not anything special as a physical location; that's why I mentioned societal importance after. And I thought Tokyo Dome was considered more prestigious. I don't think I've seen anything less than the country's biggest acts hit that place, though I could be wrong. Ayumi Hamasaki, TVXQ, Namie Amuro (I'm pretty sure...), etc. I'm sure they're comparable, just throwing it out there that my impression seems to be Budokan < Tokyo Dome.</blockquote>
You are actually correct in that Tokyo Dome is bigger in terms of space.
But I've always been under the impression that Budokan is the more prestigious place. I didn't make it clear, but I meant this kind of biggest gig.
I could be wrong, but I'm actually pretty sure. A lot of western musicians also went to Budokan, like Pink Floyd and Ozzy Osbourne.

Of course, on the other hand Tokyo Dome had X Japan holding their The last live there, which was spectacular.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri May 31, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

I've always heard bands and the like talking about Budokan since I began listening to j-music. But in that recent Scandal doc I watched, while they were happy to reach Budokan and achieve that milestone in their career, their personal goal was to perform at Osaka-jo Hall.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Petit Hulk" data-cid="153851" data-time="1370060348">I've always heard bands and the like talking about Budokan since I began listening to j-music. But in that recent Scandal doc I watched, while they were happy to reach Budokan and achieve that milestone in their career, their personal goal was to perform at Osaka-jo Hall.</blockquote>
Might have to do with them being from Osaka (according to wikipedia).
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="showraniy"]
I mean it's not anything special as a physical location; that's why I mentioned societal importance after. And I thought Tokyo Dome was considered more prestigious. I don't think I've seen anything less than the country's biggest acts hit that place, though I could be wrong. Ayumi Hamasaki, TVXQ, Namie Amuro (I'm pretty sure...), etc. I'm sure they're comparable, just throwing it out there that my impression seems to be Budokan < Tokyo Dome.
[/quote]

I think Budokan is more emotionally important because it was a big part of the Olympics where Tokyo Dome is more of a general sports dome. Tokyo Dome is definitely bigger and, for me, more impressive. 
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

Tokyo Dome is... TOO big, unless you get some killer seats which cost top dollar, you are going to have to enjoy watching either a dot on the stage or the big screens.