The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Purin-chama
ANGERME

The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Post by Purin-chama »

MM is releasing a best of album entitled<a href="http://www.helloproject.com/discography ... a_028.html"> The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume.~</a> on 9/25.

This makes their 3rd best of album, right? By the title, it sounds like we are going to get remakes of older songs, but who knows! I hope they pick some good best of songs and not the same constant ones we've been hearing lately. LOVE Machine is probably a given, but it's never been remade except for the Hawaiian album. I just don't want to hear Mikan or Aruiteru at all.

EDIT:

<div>
[quote="Shoujo Q"]01. LOVE Machine</div>
<div>02. Renai Revolution 21</div>
<div>03. The☆Peace</div>
<div>04. Sou da! We're ALIVE</div>
<div>05. THE Manpower</div>
<div>06. I WISH (9ki, 10ki, 11ki)</div>
<div>07. Aruiteru (Michishige Sayumi)</div>
<div>08. Renai Hunter</div>
<div>09. One・Two・Three</div>
<div>10. Wakuteka Take Chance</div>
<div>11. Help me!!</div>
<div>12. Brainstorming</div>
<div>13. Kimi sae ireba nanimo iranai</div>
<div>14. New Song?

15. New Song?</div>
<div> [/quote]
</div>

Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YuuakuRisa
こぶしファクトリー

Re: The Best! ~Updated Morning Musume。~

Post by YuuakuRisa »

Mikan is awesome! I hate the name of the album but I'm looking forward to it. Do you think they'll put off the regular album then?
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

9/25? That's really soon... Doesn't seem like they would have such a short promo time on what should, categorically, be a big seller. Also makes any rerecordings seem really unlikely.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Albums are never big sellers for H!P groups, but I'm super excited about this. I've wanted this forever. <3
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Albums are never big sellers for H!P groups, but I'm super excited about this. I've wanted this forever. <3
[/quote]

The traditional best-of's have a decent track record. The first sold 2M copies and the second went gold. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Have they even done enough worthy songs for a Best-of album since 2004? Let's see: "Mikan," "Kimagure Princess," "One Two Three" "Renai Hunter"...oh all right, throw in "Ambitious." What's that...five? Am I forgetting any good ones?

(P.S. It's six, adding "Sexy Boy," which I did last month at karaoke.)

Anyone have a track list yet?

Last edited by Madara on Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Best Ofs in Japan are excuses to put all the A-sides on one album. I wouldn't worry too much about them being good or A-sides that sold in any consistent way.

I'd really like to forget Aruiteru and Mikan existed though, so I hope they were on the last Best. :(
Melon
ANGERME

Post by Melon »

Hmm, if we go by the 10th anniversary best, then it's from Mikan on. (That was after onna ni sachi are, verdad?)
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I like Mikan too. It's a fun song about enjoying life, so I really don't understand the hate, but anyway.

I wonder if this album is going to be like C-ute's Shinsei Naru album, where they redo certain songs. Or it could just be your run-of-the-mill best hits album.

The whole "updated" part is what throws me off lol

Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I'm actually thinking they have too many songs, since the best ofs usually are....all the A-sides since the previous one, and maybe an extra track.  If petit is correct...I guess that's about 19 tracks.  I guess that could work.

PS I totally don't understand all the Mikan hate but I am sure right with you all with Aruiteru.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="yuzuriha"]
PS I totally don't understand all the Mikan hate but I am sure right with you all with Aruiteru.
[/quote]
Mikan, for me, just sounds like 3 songs attempting to be 1 song, and the various parts of it don't mesh together well. I do like the chorus, but that's as a standalone part.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Hoping they re-record some of the popular old tracks like Koko ni Iruzee.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They'll probably resurrect some of the worst old stuff just to screw with everyone. I'm thinking remakes of the Konno Single, Chokkan and Ambitious all on one album.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Oh god, don't give Tsunku any ideas. The last thing I need to hear is Riho screeching out Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Oh god, don't give Tsunku any ideas. The last thing I need to hear is Riho screeching out Namida ga Tomaranai Houkago.
[/quote]

9th gen actually did it at Risa and Aika's graduation.

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

:eekrun:

I think I'm the only person here who hasn't watched that concert yet, so I didn't know that.

I really, honestly, right now cannot think of any songs that current Momusu would be able to do better than any previous Momusu. Sure, past Momusu have had some weak singers, but this one doesn't have that much vocal talent. Sakura is really the only one right now who could probably do any old songs justice. Riho would be decent if UFP didn't make her sing so wrong, but I've already bitched about that before. Mizuki might be good, but her voice doesn't seem to be that strong yet.

So, knowing all of this, I'm pretty interested to see how this is going to play out.

Especially since they managed to ruin most of the songs (Ambitious was one of them) that were in the medleys they did in the Michishige Eleven Soul concert. (Riho is not Ai. NO.)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

A lot of the stuff from albums 4-6 are fun songs, so I think the current lineup would be able to pull them off alright.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

True.

Now that you mention it, I'm looking at my library, and I really do now see a bunch of songs this lineup could do well. They aren't too bad, too be honest, it's just that UFP, or whoever designates the lines at concerts, puts the wrong people for the wrong parts, which is usually what ruins it. Now, if Sakura was Ai in the medleys they did in the Michishige concert, it would've been a whole lot better. But, by using Riho, who probably would've been better off as someone like Koharu because of her current voice type, they ruined it. She isn't bad, but most of Momusu's songs are way too taxing for her type of voice. She seems better on slower songs likes Cabbage Hakusho (which is the only song I've liked her vocals on).

If UFP sticks to giving the girls parts that similar sounding members sang, then disaster can basically be avoided. If they don't (and they probably won't), then you'll have some more butchering.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Unfortunately, the weird thing with Riho seems to be that she's popular, therefore she gets more lines. And who had more lines in the past songs? Ai. So by default, Riho seems to inherit Ai's lines just because they were/are both front girls.

Now, I'd be fine with that if Ai had taken front girl status for anything besides her vocals, but as much as I love her, we all know she had the personality of cardboard, so she was definitely front girl purely for that powerful performer's voice. Basically, we've got vocals --> popularity, and Tsunku wrote their old songs clearly with Ai's more powerful voice in mind. I can only guess Riho inheriting her lines is a decision by the UFP personnel over Tsunku's head because I just can't understand a musician WANTING to hear his creations butchered. Or even wanting to ruin one of his primary singers' voices.
Last edited by showraniy on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I want a redo of Mr. Moonlight with Mizuki doing the opening line, and Haruka, Sakura, and Kanon being the leads.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

There can be no new Mr. Moonlight other than Eripon.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160415" data-time="1376508884">
The album is going to be 15 tracks that are re-recorded and remixed/rearranged. So, maybe the last few singles + new versions of some older stuff.</blockquote>
Not to be that guy, but sauce?

Thinking back to recent singles, I wonder if this is a way to distance themselves from the crappier songs... Naichau, Pyoko, Lullaby Game come to mind. I honestly hope they remake some of the classic a-sides in their current style, but it will probably be based on sales. Love Machine, RR21, The Peace are most likely. Maybe Koko Ni Iruzee, Joshi, and Do It Now. Probably a crappy version of Daite too.

Thinking back on all the classic songs and their recent sound, I'm actually getting really excited.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="neshcom"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="160415" data-time="1376508884">
The album is going to be 15 tracks that are re-recorded and remixed/rearranged. So, maybe the last few singles + new versions of some older stuff.
</blockquote>
Not to be that guy, but sauce?

Thinking back to recent singles, I wonder if this is a way to distance themselves from the crappier songs... Naichau, Pyoko, Lullaby Game come to mind. I honestly hope they remake some of the classic a-sides in their current style, but it will probably be based on sales. Love Machine, RR21, The Peace are most likely. Maybe Koko Ni Iruzee, Joshi, and Do It Now. Probably a crappy version of Daite too.

Thinking back on all the classic songs and their recent sound, I'm actually getting really excited.

[/quote]

<a href="http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.htm ... 995">Sauce for you.</a>
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Split because, I found a tentative tracklist. Which means, enough stuff to talk about! 
<a href="http://artist.cdjournal.com/d/-/4113080892">Source</a>

<div>01. LOVE Machine</div>
<div>02. Renai Revolution 21</div>
<div>03. The☆Peace</div>
<div>04. Sou da! We're ALIVE</div>
<div>05. THE Manpower</div>
<div>06. I WISH (9ki, 10ki, 11ki)</div>
<div>07. Aruiteru (Michishige Sayumi)</div>
<div>08. Renai Hunter</div>
<div>09. One・Two・Three</div>
<div>10. Wakuteka Take Chance</div>
<div>11. Help me!!</div>
<div>12. Brainstorming</div>
<div>13. Kimi sae ireba nanimo iranai</div>
<div>14. New Song?

15. New Song?</div>
<div>16. This is BS man, why the hell are they bringing back The Manpower? WHY!!!!???</div>
<div>17. Sayumi soloing on Aruiteru? Kill me, I actually liked that song, except for the Koharu whaling, it could have been such a nice new arrangement.</div>
<div>18. Manpower, seriously? WHY!? </div>
<div>...</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Crying forever about The Manpower, someone go find whoever decided to bring that back and stab him with a spork. I can't even... UGH! WHY!?</div>
<div> </div>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I'm kind of hoping they redo Renai Hunter /123/Wakuteka just because I want to hear other people besides Reina singing those. 

I really wanted to hear Memory Seishun No Hikari redone. :cryalot: I guess I set my expectations for a good tracklist a bit too high. 

Also I have a feeling Aruiteru will be robotic. I kind of want to hear that too. It makes sense why it's a Sayu solo, considering it was the 6th gen's first #1. 
Last edited by Mukuro on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

No Shabondama or Roman? Pass.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

The Manpower doesn't belong anywhere near the word best. Also, who are they gonna have butcher that last Kago high note in I WISH if it does show up? This tentative setlist is crap. 
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Didn't Kanon sing it at Aika's birthday event? She did really well if I remember correctly. 
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

There is also a Limited Edition version of this with a DVD.

Still forever fuming at The Manpower. I hated it when it first came out. This is going to be a train wreck, please let it be a lie.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

It's not a bad tracklist, but I wish they had more oldies on the list, so sincerely hoping the Reina songs are redone as well. I'm really surprised Joshi Kashimashi is not on the album. THE Manpower is a strange one... The rest I like. It gives the girls in the back to have a bit of time to shine and get a couple lines. One of Sayumi's favorite songs is Aruiteru, and I know it was a big deal to her when she got the one solo line when whoever graduated, so good for her. 

I always pictured The Peace being Ishikawa Rika's song. It's weird to see it redone. It's like them redoing Koi no Dance Site (Sexy Beam) or Daite! Hold On Me (Nee Waratte?)

Koko ni Iruzee would have been nice to hear, though, or having the girls split up into smaller groups and redoing Sakuragumi/Otomegumi songs. Since it is tentative, it may all change, right?

Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.