[2014.03.26] Morning Musume Concert Tour Fall 2013 ~ CHANCE!~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2014.03.26] Morning Musume Concert Tour Fall 2013 ~ CHANCE!~

Post by TicTacAnyone »

That was actually really, really amazing.... They truly can handle their own on stage, now. And the costumes were good, too!?! Is there more footage from this concert? (besides what's already been posted) Hoping so :)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

There's a video of Wakuteka but I can't post it right now.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Anderei"]
The Peace / Souda! We're Alive

[/quote]

All I could think while watching this was

"I love MM14."

I am going to cry forever when Sayu announces her graduation/
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I will see the whole concert tonight
Too bad I don't have popcorns :(
Image Hey
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Please refresh my memory on what the song title is that Sayu and Mizuki sang at the end of that video.

I'm loving Colorful Era MM. Ermagawd, Ayumi's ballet moves at the beginning of SONGS.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

It's Suki da na Kimi ga from the 12, Smart album
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
The Peace / Souda! We're Alive

What is Love
[/quote]

Thank you for posting, but just a small correction--
The first video is technically
The Peace / Souda! We're Alive / SONGS / Nanchatte Renai / Suki da na Kimi ga

Also, super mad Kanon didn't get a solo in SONGS... She has more projection than Masaki, and I think she would've done really well with that line. Or any others, really. Also, isn't Nanchatte Renai one of Kanon's favorite MM songs? Uggghhh. Thanks again for linking! The colorful era is seriously impressing me. This fall concert seems just outstanding. Possibly the best MM concert in a couple years? Or of the year, at least? (Sorry Reina fans, but this concert is more vocally diverse and the performances are just amazing)
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Well Maa-chan did sing that line very poorly :unsure:
Ayumi at the beginning of SONGS makes me fall in love with her all over again. At the end of her dance when she glanced her eyes and smiled my heart actually skipped a beat.
Listenniing to Nanchatte Renai saddens me with the fact that other than Sakura who has sucessfully replace Takahashi, none of the other girls has the vocals of Platinum era. They can fool the audience with their dance and their power but they will not be able to captivate the audience with their vocal at this rate.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ah the girls have gotten so much better at performing!
I really enjoyed watching The Peace, a bit sad that Eripon was the only one who didn't get a solo in it, but she got one in Souda so yay :)
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Watched this last night. Was over too fast and I was left feeling like there should be more. Usually I don't.

It was interesting and fun, but didn't give me that... for the lack of a better term "satisfied-ness" like Eleven Soul did.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Whoever said they feel like Maa-chan is trying too hard, you probably won't like the line she had in this part of the concert. Not sure if this footage has been posted, but I got the link from the same album where Anderei's link was from.

I Wish / Aruiteru / La la la no Pi pi pi / Renai Hunter

Maa's line at 12:04
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Masaki's worst line is that one she does in Moonlight Night. She should be embarrassed.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Might as well post the other videos of the album??

Wolf Boy / Moonlight Night / THE Manpower / Makeru ki ga Shinai Konya wa Shoubu (only included this video because of the ending song that wasn't part of a previous link of the performance)
Wakuteka Take a Chance / Opening / Ai no Gundan (Introducing Caado Musume! >.>)
Sexy Boy / Take Off is Now / Shougani Yume Oibito / Tokimeku Tokimeke / Dokkan~ Capprircio / One, Two, Three / Brainstorming / Wagamama Ki no mama Ai no Joke (Ayumi, Riho and Sakura twerk it out)

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I didn't really liked most of Masaki's lines in the old songs tbh...
The one in Renai Hunter was simply horrible, there was no reason to change from a truck driver to a 9 years old girl
In Moonlight Night it would not have been that bad if she had kept the tone, or maybe not...
Image Hey
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I'm Masaki's fan but that example you gave of her singing in Renai Hunter is just....bad. :facepalm:
Masaki's singing is bad because she sings with her throat. Someone has to correct the way she sings and she will surely improve. Her voice has the special tone that the group needs from its lead singers. Many girls in MM can REALLY sing but their voices are too generic (generic=you can't tell which girl is singing from the audio rip). What I think about a good song is that it should have a few distinct tones. That's why sometimes they let Masaki's voice dominate in some part of the song, to edit out the generic sound.
Sakura's voice at the beginning of  Shouganai Yume oibito is just too beautiful.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Anderei"]
Masaki's worst line is that one she does in Moonlight Night. She should be embarrassed.
[/quote]

And that was EXACTLY what I was referring to when I said she was trying too hard.  Haha.

We have a customer coming any minute so I guess I will wait until tomorrow or later to check out these other performances but I am excited.  A lot of songs I love in there.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="174434" data-time="1396426508">
I'm Masaki's fan but that example you gave of her singing in Renai Hunter is just....bad. :facepalm:

Masaki's singing is bad because she sings with her throat. Someone has to correct the way she sings and she will surely improve. Her voice has the special tone that the group needs from its lead singers. Many girls in MM can REALLY sing but their voices are too generic (generic=you can't tell which girl is singing from the audio rip). What I think about a good song is that it should have a few distinct tones. That's why sometimes they let Masaki's voice dominate in some part of the song, to edit out the generic sound.

Sakura's voice at the beginning of Shouganai Yume oibito is just too beautiful.</blockquote>

I'd rather have a pretty generic voice than an ugly unique one. The line I was referring to barely even qualifies as singing anyway. She basically just growled into the mic.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I don't have any trouble telling any of the girls apart most of the time. They're all equally unique/generic as far as I'm concerned. 
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

The only voice I can't tell apart in MM is Erina's because I really have absolutely no idea what it sounds like at all, but the rest I can tell apart like this:

Sayu = yeah, Sayu can never be misheard.
Riho = you can always identify her because... it's Riho.
Mizuki = she has a pretty, clear and stable voice with a somewhat unique tone to it. Ironically you can pick her out because sometimes she's boring-sounding, but still pleasant to the ears.
Erina = like.... no idea. It's better than it was, I know that much, but I still can't peg anything to it. Maybe just a normal teenage girl voice that isn't overly horrid? Maybe hers could be called generic.
Kanon = big, heavy-ish (not in a bad way), and like a deeper, better version of Sayu, to me.
Ayumi = another one, to me, that's obvious.
Haruna = she sings better, but she has this sort of... goofy tone to her voice that you can immediately identify even on group lines.
Masaki = obvious, especially since she sometimes gets shrill / truck driver.
Haruka = deep-ish for her age, clear and pretty, but also strong. Her voice blends really well with Sakura's, so I'm guessing she's a midly weaker version of Sakura's voice.
Sakura = awesome and immediately indentifiable.

I do agree that compared to like the Platinum Era or even any past era, you can't tell them apart THAT obviously since there aren't any huge differences in voices like past eras (like Platinum Era had a pretty diverse range of voices that were easy to pick out).
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Well I can never get over how genertic the girls sound in this era. Luckily they are all pretty and good performers, or else I will have no reason to follow them.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I have trouble identifying Sakura when she tries to hit higher parts with a lot of force (like in Kimi no Kawari), but then again, if it's an important line there's like a 40% chance it's her or Riho.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Just wondering, what's so bad about the group having 'generic=you can't tell which girl is singing from the audio rip' voices?
I like the fact that I can tell who's singing, even if it's a group line. It would be kinda boring if they're a 10-member group and all of them sounds the same
Or maybe I'm missing your point?
Last edited by Derby on Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Sakura just keeps getting better and better. Considering her age and her tenure, her ripeness and sexiness on stage never cease to amaze me. Like in "Take off it now", compared to Ayumi and Riho's dancing, her dancing is more...exposed?....more like...."hadaka no dance" .

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Whoa! Where is Masaki pulling that deep voice from? It sounds amazing!
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Star"]
Whoa! Where is Masaki pulling that deep voice from? It sounds amazing!
[/quote]

She did an imitation thing where she did Sakura's voice, and seriously, she should sing like that alll the time.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

? Why does Masaki sound better in the concert rip (Moonlight night)? Is it because they edited it or is it because the sound was worse in the concert rip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjCLsTd_a0
Masaki should only occationally use her deep voice. I prefer that she improve her other voice.
Sakura doesn't sound as good in Shouganai in the concert rip. Understandable.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because rips are lower quality and you can't hear everything as well.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I got my DVD copy of this concert in the mail yesterday and I proceeded to start watching it last night before going to bed while sipping brandy to help me sleep. Well, maybe it was the brandy, which I kept sipping, or the concert is simply as great as it seemed to be, but I couldn't sleep until I'd finished watching the whole two hours. I kept saying to myself, "This is the greatest thing they've done in ten years!" I thought every one of the girls was giving 120%. I love the variety of songs and the mix of recent ones, including some that were new to me, and classics. I love how they make the classics ("The Peace," "Souda We're Alive," "Sexy Boy," "I Wish," etc.) their own. I don't have a negative thing to say about any of the performers or the song selection. The costumes were great except for the opening number where they come out dressed like playing cards.

There were hardly any MC segments. The first long one comes in at the 28-minute mark and is all Sayumi, who talks off the top of her head the whole time and thoroughly delights the audience. Is there an American performer who can do that at a concert--without a teleprompter? The second one comes in 18 minutes later and it's all the girls and they seem to be having more fun than is humanly possible. I don't have to know what they're saying to enjoy it--although it would be nice. And there are surprise numbers by two other H!P acts! Luckily I didn't read the tracklist first. What a pleasant surprise and those acts were great!

This is the first H!P concert DVD I've seen since February. I will watch it again to see if it plays differently when I'm sober and then do a full writeup on my blog. Luckily I took today off from work because of a dental appointment.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

^ This was the 1st full concert I've seen so I didn't knew if they were greater than ever, but I really enjoyed the whole concert, none of the songs were "meh" to me, not even Aruiteru. I keep seeing some performances now. And for the cards outfit... yeah, those are risky, you could think they look ridiculous, but I thought they were creative and I kind of like them.

What I don't like is that this is the 1st concert I've seen, and Evolution looks a bit boring next to this one :(
Image Hey