[2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

eri
ANGERME

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by eri »

I voted for What is Love.  I don't love any of these songs but...well, I like the dance for WIL the best so, it got my vote :lol: 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2014.01.29] Morning Musume - Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa / Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai / What is LOVE? (single)

Post by momoirosaya »

I love all the songs, but I chose What is LOVE, because I like the dance, I love the intro, and I like the lyrics in the chorus a lot too.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I voted for Egao because I can't even remember what the other two sound like.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Egao is my absolute favorite. The other two, I'm not all that into.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Personally, I think the whole Eripon using magic and Riho dancing on all the talk shows is getting boring... Let's see some of the other girls. Sayumi's photo-taking skills was cute, though hahaha. I prefer Kimi no Kawari's lives over Egao's lives....
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^But they're trying to appeal to the general people on those shows, not fans. The general public has not seen Eripon do magic 100 times or Riho dance 200 times. So they have to go with their strongest characters and talents on TV until they become more popular. Also some girls can't talk well on TV yet (like Kanon) whereas Eripon has more TV experience (she did Oha Star all that time ago) and is more interesting to watch.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I haven't seen those shticks that often though?

I still really enjoy Erina's magic trick. I'd love to see the rebirth of Kanon's bug impersonations from forever ago, but I'm perfectly okay with Riho and Ayumi having a dancing shtick on every show too. I happen to find Erina really charming on TV, though honestly I find all of them that way in current MM.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^ I was exaggerating about the number of times haha, I personally still like watching them too! Although every time they have Riho dancing by herself I feel bad for Ayumi...
Erina is the best on TV, I'm glad she's found her niche <3
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of Erina on TV appareances, but if she could do a different skit, that'd be nice too :3
andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

I voted for Kimi..

All because its for the Olympics. I love the Olympics plus its got uplifting lyrics.
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

My copies are now in a FedEx facility approximately 200 miles from me  :danceman:  So today or tomorrow (FedEx tells me today, but they've lied to me before).

/Edit: Scratch that, 20 miles. Definitely today.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

More promo:

At the H!P Concert in Fukuoka, if you buy the Regular A you'll get a Egao solo signed poster and if you buy Regular B you'll get a Kimi no Kawari solo signed poster.
Handshake Event: Mizuki, Eripon, Haruka and Sakura at the Fukuoka concert on 2/1 (Total handshakes is now 40).
On 2/1 and 2/2 if you buy the single from one of the H!P Shops in Akiba, Osaka or Nagoya, you'll get a solo signed poster.

Promoting the single in anan magazine:
<p class="bbc_center">Image
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

http://www.oricon.co.jp/

MM sold 119,442 and is no 1 on the Oricon.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
1位:モーニング娘。'14(119,442枚) MM
2位:安室奈美恵(18,680枚) Amuro Namie
3位:aiko(17,168枚)
4位:μ's
5位:氷川きよし Hikawa Kiyoshi

</blockquote>

and here's the full list.

Woo! I knew they'd get 1, but I'm glad to see this sold better than Wagamama! Means sales and hopefully popularity are rising!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
1位:モーニング娘。'14(119,442枚) MM
2位:安室奈美恵(18,680枚) Amuro Namie
3位:aiko(17,168枚)
4位:μ's
5位:氷川きよし Hikawa Kiyoshi

</blockquote>

and here's the full list.

Woo! I knew they'd get 1, but I'm glad to see this sold better than Wagamama! Means sales and hopefully popularity are rising!

[/quote]

UF picked a good week, MM killed Amuro's ranking.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="pandapanda" data-cid="170760" data-time="1390993912">http://www.oricon.co.jp/

MM sold 119,442 and is no 1 on the Oricon.</blockquote>
Excluding Wagamama, the first day sales exceeded the first week sales of all singles since Hyokkori Hyoutanjima from 2003. I hope they get a massive cake and - let's be down-to-earth for a second - a massive bonus paycheck for that.

I'm happy to see that the popularity and sales machine keeps rolling and gaining momentum despite my earlier misgivings. I didn't voice my opinions on the songs as they kept coming around, but music-wise the witty summary I planned to use still stands - 2014 starts with a 'meh' rather than with a 'bang'.

I don't really care about any of the songs. The first one that we got to hear was a clusterfuck with either the lyrics or the music being a shoehorned afterthought. The second song I can't remember a single thing about except the impression of "wow that's bad". The Olympics song saved the day, but just, just barely. I hope they'll spend whatever they make with this single on more quality songwriting for the next one.

BTW, I won't get my copies until end of February, but once I do I'll have 2 HMV posters/calendar pages to trade.
Last edited by aine on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

That's almost 25k more than Wagamama's first day!
And to think there was a time were they'd sell a bit more than 30k... IN A WEEK.

I still think the single is bad. But they've learnt that the game isn't about the music anymore.
Anyway, congrats to the girls!

Now, PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE, go back to doing BIG concerts at Yokohama Arena or Saitama!
The Best of Japan concerts are still from the best they've ever done (Haru kicks Aki though) and they're selling better than back then (Wagamama had aleady surprassed AFOD/Shabon/AiAraba, etc.). So GO ALL OUT AND CELEBRATE!  :wota:
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Great sales, and great ranking.  Thought they would've lost their streak with this single.  I also don't care for any of the songs on this single and can't really remember what any of them sound like.  But, still happy to see them doing so well and exceeding the last single's first week sales <3
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I feel the same way about this single, it's very lacklustre compared to their last few releases but I'm still so so so so SOOOOO PROUD of MoMusu <3

Nice sig by the way :)

This single outsold Wagamama's first day sales by 23,367 copies :) My order was shipped yesterday so it should arrive in about 2 weeks :)
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am so proud of them too. :dancey:

I preordered this on iTunes (as I have been doing lately) and it said it is ready for download, but every time I go to my downloads all the tracks say "waiting" and they have been since last night.  WHAT IS GOING ON this has never happened before.  :cryalot:
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]Excluding Wagamama, the first day sales exceeded the first week sales of all singles since Hyokkori Hyoutanjima from 2003. I hope they get a massive cake and - let's be down-to-earth for a second - a massive bonus paycheck for that.

I'm happy to see that the popularity and sales machine keeps rolling and gaining momentum despite my earlier misgivings. I didn't voice my opinions on the songs as they kept coming around, but music-wise the witty summary I planned to use still stands - 2014 starts with a 'meh' rather than with a 'bang'.

[/quote]

Even though I liked all the songs on this single -- not to mention the best MM video in several years -- I pretty much agree with this. I was concerned that sales would fall back compared to Wagamama/Gundan, but is seems their rise in popularity is legit and not based solely on better music, which is exciting. I just hope Tsunku doesn't see this as an excuse to slack off on the music going forward.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Very, very proud of them. I'd be lying if I said I'm the big Hello!Project fan I was in say, 6th or 7th grade, but in the end I will always root for these girls and it's amazing to see them redefine themselves as an idol group and become relevant again, even if I think this era is musically inferior to the Platinum era.  It takes way more prowess to climb your way back from the bottom to the top than to become successful to start with, so everything about this is almost inspiring, really.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm surprised anyone thought they were going to see a decrease in sales considering all the box sets and handshakes they did.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="yuzu"]

I preordered this on iTunes (as I have been doing lately) and it said it is ready for download, but every time I go to my downloads all the tracks say "waiting" and they have been since last night.  WHAT IS GOING ON this has never happened before.  :cryalot:
[/quote]

I couldn't even find the iTunes pre-order. I'm worried that it won't be available since it's a tie-in single.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

[quote="Anderei"]
I'm surprised anyone thought they were going to see a decrease in sales considering all the box sets and handshakes they did.
[/quote]

That's why I said it isn't about the music anymore.
Maybe without the hanshake they'd get to 100k in a week or something. An improvement cause they're getting more popular, but not so big.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="170771" data-time="1391008228">
<div>

[/quote]

I couldn't even find the iTunes pre-order. I'm worried that it won't be available since it's a tie-in single.

</div>
</blockquote>

I had to look it up by Japanese title to find it.  I think the only reason I am having issues downloading it is because the wireless in the office has been weird the past few days and I don't have much of a cell signal here.  Will report back later.

/edit for the record I was able to cloud download it onto the computer, I just can't get the download to start on my phone for some reason.  No worries, it is definitely there.
Last edited by yuzuriha on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Well, the reason I couldn't find it is because it's listed as the only release under fucking Morning Musume '14, rather than just MM. Goddammit...
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

It's because this is the first single since MM's resurgence that is considered to be underwhelming by a majority of the fans here, and thus, the first real test of their staying power overall, apart from the music. It's really not surprising at all within that context.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think they're just trying to appeal to more people with different kinds of songs.
I personally really like all the songs and love that they're trying new things (like Egao)!
This single is weaker to me because it doesn't have any B-sides, but I don't think it's a bad single at all.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi