[2014.03.26] Hello! Project 2014 WINTER ~GOiSU MODE~ + ~DE-HA MiX~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: [2014.03.26] Hello! Project 2014 WINTER ~GOiSU MODE~ + ~DE-HA MiX~

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
Masaki is the same as Momoko. When she uses her big girl voice she sounds fine, but she sings too cutesy instead.
[/quote]
This is pretty much what I meant.  It's more the way she is CHOOSING to sing, I think she has potential but I don't see UF-O telling her to stop singing that way anytime soon since that seems to be what they like.  Or think sells.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

The cutesy singing is only part of the problem. It's the painfully thin, tight quality of her voice that really bugs me. She gets worn out very easily. Sakura and Meimi (and Linlin and others) sing cutesy at times, but they still sound strong and full and can sing for long periods of time with no difficulty. But I do think she could be pretty good in the future. The same can be said of Riho and some of the others. It's happened before with several girls. I don't know if or when it will happen, but, in the end, I guess it really doesn't matter. They're cute and appealing. They don't need to be good singers to be good idols.  =3=
Last edited by Banana on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It's not all about choice you guys, it also has to do with her natural voice. It's probably easy for her to sing when she sings naturally rather than forcing a deeper voice. I mean, she *can* do it, but it since she has a naturally high voice....

Masaki might not be using her diaphragm properly, but she talks the same way.

Everyone usually sings deeper on stage because they're more out if breath. Especially depending on the type of song. Haruka says she has trouble sometimes with MM songs because they're too high for her.

Masaki'a voice will change. But they need a mix of high voices in there too.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I don't know much about singing skills...but as much as I love Sakura and Meimi's voice (and some other girls' voice as well), sometimes when they sings, their flat notes extremely annoy me. Other than being nasal, Masaki doesn't annoy me with flat singing. In my opinion, her voice is very pretty; she just has to stop singing from her nose and she will be just perfect.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

lol Masaki goes flat way more often than Sakura. And that reminds me of another off-topic complaint I have. I remember one of those press videos that included a clip of Masaki going horribly flat, one that showed Riho cracking very badly, and another that showed a reliable member going quite sharp (I forget exactly who she was). Seriously, why do they show these things? Sorry for being so random, but that bugs me so much and I never got to complain about it. 

Back on topic, I'm annoyed that they gave Sayonara Tomodachi to Captain. Nothing against her, but I was hoping it would only be sung by strong singers. 
Last edited by Banana on Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love Masaki's voice...
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGSq_vttiPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9cnCPIzEw
About Masaki....Sorry that this is a bit off topic...but are these two performances one and the same? Because they looks the same but the vocals in the second one sound better...Did they re-record it?

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think they're the same.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I never trust an idol with a high voice because so many of them fake it, LOL.  I think Masaki's voice is 80% naturally high, and maybe 10% her adding a little extra idolness to it, which isn't that bad, really.  I think, like Tsunku said, that she has the potential to develop a really gorgeous voice. You can have a pretty, non-grating high voice - just look at Eri, Karin, Aibon, or Momoko (who is undeniably one of the strongest singers in H!P).  She just needs to learn to add strength to her voice without projecting through her nose, something that can easily be learned through vocal lessons, although I'm not sure she'll ever get those as an idol.  In the end, a lot of it is just age and lack of experience. I think her voice will even out a lot as she grows up.  Let's just hope she doesn't become one of those idols that starts faking a cutesy squeal voice.

It really is just a fact of Japanese music, especially idols.  Having a high voice will always be considered more cute and attractive to a pretty large portion of the population.  I love reading threads on 2ch that call girls with low voices "disgusting", LOL.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Farrah"]
Let's just hope she doesn't become one of those idols that starts faking a cutesy squeal voice.
[/quote]

e.g. Sayumi.

I've never really gotten bugged out about Masaki's voice myself, but being immune to Sayu's, I can't really speak for getting annoyed by voices. Except back when Riho really sucked because she sounded like she was dying in agony.

I'm curious to know why you think Momoko is one of the strongest singers, though, Farrah.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Momoko really is a strong singer, her voice is just one of those that you have to have an acquired taste for.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Yeah, the difference between Sayumi's speaking and singing voice always cracks me up because it's so drastic, but in her case I feel like it's the only way she knows how to even remotely hold a tune, haha.

As for Momoko, well, she hardly ever misses a note, sings from her diaphragm, doesn't project through her nose, and is overall very consistent. She's also pretty boss at harmonizing. Seriously, watch a Buono concert if you haven't already. She and Airi make Miyabi look like the weak link.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

[quote="Star"]
Momoko really is a strong singer, her voice is just one of those that you have to have an acquired taste for.
[/quote]

I think the bold is what it really boils down to for me in general? I mean, I'm perfectly fine with Sayu's voice and don't consider it too nasally or squealy -- I can see how people can find it annoying but I don't think it's an abomination. I'm 50 / 50 on Masaki's voice a lot of the time but I just did not like how she sounded in this particular performance. There are probably a number of factors that could lead to her sounding better, but they didn't turn up here.

[quote="Banana"]
I'm annoyed that they gave Sayonara Tomodachi to Captain. Nothing against her, but I was hoping it would only be sung by strong singers. 
[/quote]

Honestly I wanted Zukki to get Osaka because I'm biased ( that and The Bigaku are two songs I'd die to hear her sing, and we got the latter so I was HOPING ... ) and I personally think Suppin to Namida is boring lol. Maybe someday~~~
Last edited by Kalle on Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Farrah"]
As for Momoko, well, she hardly ever misses a note, sings from her diaphragm, doesn't project through her nose, and is overall very consistent. She's also pretty boss at harmonizing. Seriously, watch a Buono concert if you haven't already. She and Airi make Miyabi look like the weak link.
[/quote]

Ah, I see! Star was right in a sense, it's a voice to get used to, but watching that video, she doesn't go off horrendously and is actually not that bad. (I never thought she was ever horrid; just not that strong)

I've never watched a Buono concert :hahaha:, but after that recommendation, I'll make sure to!
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Farrah"]
[/quote]

That performance sounds weird... like it's been autotuned or some effect has been added to the vocals. That being said, I agree about Momoko. I went through a phase (when Buono was active) where I didn't like Miyabi because it irritated me that she wasn't as consistent as the other two, lol. 

<div> </div>
<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="170733" data-time="1390951981">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGSq_vttiPk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq9cnCPIzEw
About Masaki....Sorry that this is a bit off topic...but are these two performances one and the same? Because they looks the same but the vocals in the second one sound better...Did they re-record it?
</blockquote>

Look at Karin's feet. 
</div>

Last edited by Banana on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I remember seeing this video years ago.... Buono Momoko is the best Momoko, in my opinion. I was a huge fan of her then, but I couldn't even stand to listen to her performances in this concert or in the 2013 summer concert. Just not for me anymore =/
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Banana"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="170741" data-time="1390956387">
<div>
[/quote]

That performance sounds weird... like it's been autotuned or some effect has been added to the vocals. That being said, I agree about Momoko. I went through a phase (when Buono was active) where I didn't like Miyabi because it irritated me that she wasn't as consistent as the other two, lol. 

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, that entire concert was wayyy too pitch corrected, but it was the first video that came up that wasn't a cutesy song, haha.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Farrah"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Banana" data-cid="170744" data-time="1390958054">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="170741" data-time="1390956387">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, that entire concert was wayyy too pitch corrected, but it was the first video that came up that wasn't a cutesy song, haha.

</div>
</blockquote>
I was just clicking Buono links on the side, and Momoko has the lowest voice in this video (and arguably sounds the best of the 3). I think it's Nakamushi Shonen from their first album.

There are moments of Masaki's Osaka that sound super promising where she isn't trying to act cutesy. By the next verse, the cutesy is back... I was impressed by those slip up moments of non-cutesy, but they were few and far between...
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

2 concerts today.

They are recycling the solo's. But they aren't doing it in the same order so it's a new mix.

Morning concert was GoiSU and the 3 soloist were as follows.
<div>Osaka Koi no uta / Yajima Maimi</div>
<div>Suppin to Namida / Suzuki Kanon </div>
<div>Zettai tokeru mondai = X / Tokunaga Chinami

Night concert is De-Ha. And Haruka left mid-way through GoiSU, she wasn't feeling well. So I don't expect her to show up for the night concert.

Also, C-ute performed one of their knew songs so expect a thread on that to come up as soon as a concert rip shows up. :)
</div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<div>Also, C-ute performed one of their knew songs so expect a thread on that to come up as soon as a concert rip shows up. :)</div>

[/quote]

It'll be on Hello Sute for sure.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>Solo songs for the night concert. (Thanks to Jplop)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Jishinmotte Yumewo Motte Tabidatsukara / Sayashi Riho (Since she bombed her first time, Riho's triumphant return! How did she do? Riho fell down in the beginning the performance. Oh well, some things aren't ment to be. Better luck next time.)</div>
<div>Suppin to Namida / Sugaya Risako</div>
<div>My Days For You / Katsuta Rina </div>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Wow, I'm feeling seriously sorry for Riho here. Jishin Motte is just not her song.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Wow, I'm feeling seriously sorry for Riho here. Jishin Motte is just not her song.
[/quote]

It's too hard for her.  Give her a ballad and she will shine.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

What does falling down and forgetting lines have to do with the song itself? :whatthe:
Last edited by Banana on Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The song is cursed for Riho. xD She probably went out there thinking, "Don't screw it up this time, don't screw it up!" And then tripped and fell instead. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

5+ years from now, Riho is graduating from Morning Musume...
She has chosen to sing Jishin Motte to recover from her fails during the 2014 Hello! Project Winter concert.
As she rises on the the stage from the moving platform, her dress gets caught in the stage and rips, resulting in her losing her balance and falling over. She drops her mic, and it rolls of the stage. After recovering from the incident, and staff member bring her a new microphone. The music starts, but in her embarrassment and shock she's forgotten the words to the song, and does some kind of dance to distract everybody. She trips again.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Banana"]
What does falling down and forgetting lines have to do with the song itself? :whatthe:
[/quote]

I was referring to her forgetting her lines and falling down, moreso. Like Saya and Q said XD
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Riho has messed up lines before, but I'm surprised she fell since I doubt she was dancing. I guess she was moving too fast to get on stage or something.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Banana"]
[/quote]

She literally fell?? I thought it was some figure of speech!  Poor thing... 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Reports say she tumbled. Tumbled in my book means, she fell or tripped.