[2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Haru
ANGERME

Re: [2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Post by Haru »

"Shining Power" was pretty awesome for me (although this outfits were horrific) but I can agree on "Asian Celebration."
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
star
ANGERME

Re: [2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Post by star »

I liked Shining Power.

But yeah, all their songs being about love usually doesn't bother me, but i can't listen to them right now.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

I just saw the MV on YouTube. I've never been more underwhelmed by a H!P song before. The "Woo woo woo" part is weak

And I like the irony of them singing about adult freedom, and romantic experience when they are all adults with no experience or freedom to date.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Berryz songs disappoint me a lot. Usually its the MV for me but it was the song also. It wasn't that interesting and ironic in a way. The outfits were also shit Berryz needs something energetic. Not sexy.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Didn't see it up-- Otona na no yo! MV is up.

The rest is just as underwhelming as what you saw.
And then they all got farted on in the end.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Eh, I like it. For an H!P MV, it's pretty good.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I actually like the way the chorus flows, but this sounds more like a B-side or album song. I like that they have some sort of set, but why is it so dark??
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Lights are expensive.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]
Lights are expensive.
[/quote]
Producers meeting...
UFP: "This month we used too much of our lighting budget on Morning Musume, so we're only going to be able to use about one-third of the normal amount of lighting for Berryz."
Berryz: "Eh??"
UFP: "It's okay, we'll just pretend like we're going for a cool look."

Next single...
UFP: "We don't have any lighting budget for Berryz at all this time around, so we are going to need the cooperation of the members and staff. Please use the light from your cell-phone screen to light the set. If you have the flashlight app, that would be particularly helpful. Thank you. Oh, and please charge your phones at home, so we can avoid a higher electric bill."
Berryz: "........"

Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="170983" data-time="1391239588">
<div>
Lights are expensive.
[/quote]
Producers meeting...
UFP: "This month we used too much of our lighting budget on Morning Musume, so we're only going to be able to use about one-third of the normal amount of lighting for Berryz."
Berryz: "Eh??"
UFP: "It's okay, we'll just pretend like we're going for a cool look."

Next single...
UFP: "We don't have any lighting budget for Berryz at all this time around, so we are going to need the cooperation of the members and staff. Please use the light from your cell-phone screen to light the set. If you have the flashlight app, that would be particularly helpful. Thank you. Oh, and please charge your phones at home, so we can avoid a higher electric bill."
Berryz: "........"

</div>
</blockquote>

That explains Heroine ni Narou ka, so much.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Preview of the Diet MV

Again, the lighting is terrible but other than that it's alright.

OH DEAR.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Risako is getting her alien on.

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Wait. Captain is wearing pigtails! She looks cute.
Last edited by Mukuro on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I feel like everything about this song and video is superior to the main A-side, much like with Golden Chinatown/Sayonara Usotsuki. They really need some better brains behind Berryz because even a simple adjustment like promoting Sayonara Usotsuki over Golden Chinatown probably would have payed off at least a bit.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Unless they're going to promote one on TV, I'm honestly not sure it matters which is the main a-side. They'll perform both at any release events anyway.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

That looks so much better than Otona, in my opinion. Much cooler set with a wider view. Definitely a different feel to what's "normal"
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Ok, so just one question. What is this song even about? I think youtube's translate captions feature confised the shit out of me. Either that or the lyrics are just wtf.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^Dieting.
Here are some choice lines "Thin girls are dieting all year" "After I eat I have to run, I run to eat, I run for my health, I'll eat as much as I ran"
"Please please please please please please please etc."

It's like the total opposite of the west and the whole "love your body" thing going on, but at the same time, it's saying 'exercise' not 'starve yourself.' I know the whole weight thing in Asia is different, and it doesn't bother me, but some westerners are likely to take offense.

Both PVs look like they put a blue filter over everything. I like Otona na yo as a song better than this one though.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol "I'll eat as much as I ran". Good luck with that.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I also (don't) enjoy the lines "I wanna see fun dreams, I wanna believe in the future. Don't let me have lonely feelings. From the bottom of my heart, I wanna be acknowledged, I wanna be wrapped in warmth." then it's the pleases, lol

Usually those wouldn't stick out to me, but since it's in a song about dieting, they do lol. It's like, can you only get these things if you're on a diet and thin?

Well, er.... I mean, I guess over there you can I should shut up hahaha
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Saya"]

It's like the total opposite of the west and the whole "love your body" thing going on, but at the same time, it's saying 'exercise' not 'starve yourself.' I know the whole weight thing in Asia is different, and it doesn't bother me, but some westerners are likely to take offense.

[/quote]

Pffft the thing is in the west, is that they say 'love your body', but in the same breath talk about dieting.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

It just seems odd to me to have a song about dieting.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Isn't Berryz's whole thing to be odd? What with Monkey Dance, Dzingsdfjablahblah Khan and Cha Cha Sing.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Japan's whole thing is supposed to be odd. Actually, H!P has quite a good number of odd songs.
Last edited by smtmissin on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="smtmissin"]
Japan's whole thing is supposed to be odd. Actually, H!P has quite a good number of odd songs.
[/quote]

And that's why I love it.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

First of all WHERE ARE RISAKO'S EYEBROWS?!

Second of all, that onegai shit is annoying.  It seems so out of place.

Ugh I feel like this is an exact repeat of last year for me.  They follow up an amazing awesome single with a downright awful one.  WANT! then Asian Celebration, Motto Zutto/Rock Erotic and then THIS atrocity.

Fuck everything I hate you tsunku I hate you.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Dyed to match her hair, I guess. Which is almost always a terrible idea.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

I just watched the live performance because after watching that clip it started sticking with me, and ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO /throws self off bridge

The choreography looks like it's going to be the hottest of hot messes. But I gotta say that split-second closeup on Maasa looked really cute?? I guess I misjudged her on her haircut, she looks like she's working it better.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

I finally listened to the Diet song because it was featured on Hello Station.  It is the WEIRDEST song I have ever heard.  It isn't even about girls dieting in the typical way.  I mean, it is this weird, robotic, futuristic droning on and on about the entire nation of Japan on a perma-diet.  I just don't understand.

Kind of love it though. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, the lyrics are super weird. When the song titles were released, I though it was going to be something like this.