[2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Post by momoirosaya »

I didn't want to like the diet song, but it's just so catchy!! So I've come to like it....
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2014.02.19] Berryz Kobo - Otona na no yo! / 1 Oku 3 Senman sou Diet Oukoku (single)

Post by Kalle »

Yeah, I think that may just be what they're going for -- make it so weird and repetitive that it has no choice BUT to stick in your head.

It's already been in mine all day, at least :c.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Anderei"]
Yeah, the lyrics are super weird. When the song titles were released, I though it was going to be something like this.
[/quote]
Me too - I thought it'd be a cutesy song about dieting and show them in a cafe or something.

By the way, it took about 3 min to register that this is The Possible.  It looks and sounds like something out of the mid 1970s.  :whatthe:
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

Just saw/heard the diet song.  Oh my god is Saki ever cute with that hairstyle, what's that called anyway?  I know it's twin tails in Japan, but I don't know what you would call that style in english.  Pig tails is close but usually are shorter like momochi's

Song is weird.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="AurA"]
Just saw/heard the diet song.  Oh my god is Saki ever cute with that hairstyle, what's that called anyway?  I know it's twin tails in Japan, but I don't know what you would call that style in english.  Pig tails is close but usually are shorter like momochi's

Song is weird.
[/quote]
It's still pig tails.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

<p style="text-align:center;">Image
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Kalle"]
Full PV is out~
[/quote]

I can't wait to buy the mp3 and exercise to this :lol:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Oh my god guys, help.... I am reading so much into the diet song it's crazy! It's like.... I find probably more meaning in things that there shouldn't be meaning in. Or is Tsunku just a genius and I finally am realizing it?  <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?s=243181740 ... on=legends#' title="tsunkumad1.gif"> :umad:</a>
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I thought the Diet song's translation was really good, must have actually hired a real translator.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO ITSUDEMO DOKODEMO

It's made it's way into my head and it is not budging.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

Both of these songs have really grown on me, especially the Diet song.  Also Saki is now my favorite Berryz member.  

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I love the Diet song the more I hear it every time. It went past earworm and ingrained itself onto my soul. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
I love the Diet song the more I hear it every time. It went past earworm and ingrained itself onto my soul. 
[/quote]

SAME I don't even know what to do. :confused:
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Man, who knew Tsunku actually was a genius. He creates a song that's iffy the first time you hear it, then it becomes an earworm, and then it carves itself into your very soul.

I've actually not listened to it yet, but I might have to just to experience this firsthand lol
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It was hard to notice when they did the live performance (and you didn't know what they were saying), but the dance shot flows with the lyrics so well. Having watched the MV for Diet about 100 times (exaggerated, it was probably 10), small gestures they do watch what they are singing about. Putting on Makeup, riding the train, eating, getting up in the morning. Morning Musume' dances are elaborate choreography in formation, C-ute are doing sexy dances. Juice and Smileage, haven't figures them out yet. But it's just really interesting to me to see the difference in the dance themes for each group. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
It was hard to notice when they did the live performance (and you didn't know what they were saying), but the dance shot flows with the lyrics so well. Having watched the MV for Diet about 100 times (exaggerated, it was probably 10), small gestures they do watch what they are singing about. Putting on Makeup, riding the train, eating, getting up in the morning. Morning Musume' dances are elaborate choreography in formation, C-ute are doing sexy dances. Juice and Smileage, haven't figures them out yet. But it's just really interesting to me to see the difference in the dance themes for each group. 
[/quote]
Exactly! How they jump in rhythm like robots slightly blows my mind. Also, when Risako sings "130 million", the girls' move is to mock grab their head and spin around, like it's insane to think about that many people. When the itsudemo dokodemo comes about, they loop to give the affect of seeing many people and they're all being "conducted" by the person in front. I told you it was scary how much I read into this, hahaha.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Man, who knew Tsunku actually was a genius. He creates a song that's iffy the first time you hear it, then it becomes an earworm, and then it carves itself into your very soul.

I've actually not listened to it yet, but I might have to just to experience this firsthand lol
[/quote]

You mean EVIL genius.  But yeah, I have been saying this since around Help Me!!

Also Ryan is ready to kill me because I keep going "ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI" at him.  He actually punched me in the arm the other day. :(
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="yuzu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="171438" data-time="1391957692">
<div>

[/quote]

Also Ryan is ready to kill me because I keep going "ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI ONEGAI" at him.  He actually punched me in the arm the other day. :(

</div>
</blockquote>

Yep, my family has been having the same reaction.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="yuzu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="171438" data-time="1391957692">
<div>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

LOL wow, that's oddly hilarious. I could imagine the same thing happening to me, but instead, I'd get Thea giving me the "e.e" emoticon.

Like I do when I purposely say "yurushite nyan"  :whistling:
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

You guys aren't going to believe this, but I am finding the one I cannot take my eyes off of in this PV is actually Captain.  Because she just looks so freaking adorable all smiling and happy hopping around in her pigtails.

And it is official, I am buying this damn single and torturing Ryan with it.
Kaori • Risako 

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="yuzu"]
You guys aren't going to believe this, but I am finding the one I cannot take my eyes off of in this PV is actually Captain.  Because she just looks so freaking adorable all smiling and happy hopping around in her pigtails.

And it is official, I am buying this damn single and torturing Ryan with it.
[/quote]

Captain is the only thing that is keeping Berryz from sinking.  And she is gorgeous.  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Promoting in Bomb Magazine.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm sorry, but if I saw this picture, my first thought would not be "oh yeah, I wanna hear this song! I'm so interested!"
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="171645" data-time="1392178237">
I'm sorry, but if I saw this picture, my first thought would not be "oh yeah, I wanna hear this song! I'm so interested!"</blockquote>
Does any picture of idols ever really make you think "I want to listen to this song oh yeah!" though?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQpqouUZNZE

Dance shot preview at 08:36

I really love this song's instrumental.  It's classy.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="171645" data-time="1392178237">
I'm sorry, but if I saw this picture, my first thought would not be "oh yeah, I wanna hear this song! I'm so interested!"
</blockquote>
Does any picture of idols ever really make you think "I want to listen to this song oh yeah!" though?

[/quote]

Mmmm, I guess you have a point, but I think I would feel more inclined to give the song a listen if I got a good impression from the photo which is an advertisement. Looking at that photo, I don't know what kind of sound I'd generally be getting. =( Part of me wishes they pushed the diet song as A instead, but that can't be changed now, lol
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I don't care for Otona at all, but I am completely obsessed with Diet Oukoku. I played it like 4-5 times earlier, and I just sing along with the itsudemodokodemox6 and rengararenchuux5 like there's no tomorrow.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

First Day: #4 (#3 sold 17,727)
Second Day: #2, 7344 copies
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Not spectacular, but not bad.

I am officially obsessed with the diet song AND its instrumental.  It is probably my favorite instrumental ever.
Kaori • Risako 

sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
[/quote]

Yeah, each of them have their own style.  So, what do you call Berryz dance style?

Almost always it's the dance shot versions I like the best. Diet's dance goes perfectly with the song!  I really like it!

The Captain has been stealing the Berryz show for me ever since Tomodachi wa Tomodachi Nanda.  The little Pixie is so joyful when she moves!

Last edited by sheikhyerbutay on Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

°C-ute!  Okai Chisato  Yajima Maimi  Suzuki Airi  Nakajima Saki  Hagiwara Mai