Happy 10th Anniversary to Berryz Koubou

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Happy 10th Anniversary to Berryz Koubou

Post by Shoujo Q »

10 years ago today, Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai, was released.

They set up a website for their anniversary with history, old pictures and the music videos. 
View it here-> http://www.helloproject.com/berryzkobo/10thsp/index.html

Let's celebrate 10 years of Berryz together! Post pictures, memories, videos, whatever. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Re: Happy 10th Anniversary to Berryz Koubou

Post by strawberryjam »

In all honesty I wish they'd disband already. :hahaha: Their last good single was Munasawagi Scarlet. yeah...
I'll wait another 10 years to make my next negative comment then, =3=
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Well, Momoko's radio show is ending... I honestly think the writing is on the wall and Berryz will be done by the end of the year.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love this anniversary site.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I love your positivity, guys. This isn't a, Berryz is doomed thread, this is a thread to celebrate what you love about Berryz. Get it together people! 

My favorite Berryz singles were Special Generation, Gag 100kaibun Aishite Kudasai, Dschinghis Khan, Heroine ni Narō ka!, and Want!

And special mention for Asian Celebration just because I love Miyabi's random english thrown in.

Berryz have never been a favorite group of mine, but I still give them props for lasting this long.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I've actually liked a lot of Berryz recent stuff.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

My favorite singles are (in no particular order): Ai no Dangan, 21ji made no Cinderella, VERY BEAUTY, cha cha sing, Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi, Gag 100, Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru You Know, & Rival.
My favorite Berryz era is around 2008. When I was younger though I really liked 2005 Berryz.My favorite album is their 5th and 6th ones.

Congrats BK! I'm not that into you guys, but keep on trucking!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm glad someone else likes Ai no Dangan. That song got a lot of hate but it's one of their best singles ever if you disregard the dance.
AurA
こぶしファクトリー

Post by AurA »

Rival is my favorite Berryz song. I think it was the first berryz song that I really liked and got me to start listening to more. I have liked a lot of recent stuff too.

I could do without Massa, but I like the rest of the group
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

They are still my favorite group, and I have loved every one of their singles from the past two...three? years except Asian Celebration. I hated the diet song at first but goddammit I am now obsessed with it.

/edit OK I will include my favorites:

Rock Erotic; WANT!; Sayonara Usotsuki no Watashi; CHA CHA Sing; Ai no Dangan; Dakishimete, Dakishimete; Aa! Yo ga Akeru, Heroine ni Narou Ka; Anata Nashide Ikiteyukenai; PIRIRI to Yukou, Koi no Jubaku; Gag 100kai Bun Aishite Kudasai; Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance; Be Genki, Naseba Naru!; Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteru YOU KNOW?; Fighting Pose wa Date Ja Nai

Um.  That's a lot.  They are in no particular order.  I do not have a single Berryz single I hate besides Asian Celebration.  
Last edited by yuzuriha on Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Never been a much of a Berryz fan, but they did record one of my all time favorite H!P songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O_jcpg7Fns
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

My favorite song in this order: Dakishimete Dakishimete, Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba, Jiriri Kiteru, 21ji made no cinderella, nanchuu koi wo yatteruu YOU KNOW, koi no jubaku, Anata nashi de wa ikite yukenai, Aa, yo ga akeru, Be genki, Ah Merry go round (random album song thrown in)

Dakishimete is the last Berryz song I truly love. Aa, yo ga akeru and Be genki are the last Berryz singles I truly care. After Dakishimete, with these two exceptions, all the other singles either bore me after a few listens or I don't even want to listen to them a second time.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

My favorite Berryz songs are (in no particular order): Dschinghis Khan, Special Generation, Semi, Ai no Dangan, Heroine ni Narou ka!, Otakebi Boy WAO!, Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai, Dakishimete Dakishimete, and Seishun Bus Guide. 
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

<div>My favorite Berryz songs, not in order:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai, Semi, Nijuuichiji Made on Cinderella, Munasawagi Scarlet, Kokuhaku no Funsui Hiroba, HAPPY! Stand Up, Baka ni Shinai de, Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance, MADAYADE, Clap, Tsukiatteru no ni Kataomoi, Otakebi Boy WAO!, Rival, Seishun Bus Guide, Yakimochi wo Kudasai!, Icchoume Rock!, Masshiroi Ano Kumo, Girls Times, Hero Arawaru! and Loving you Too much (which is probably my very favorite, which is ironic considering it's a cover and all)</div>
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Monkey Dance single is best Berryz single. Accept no others.

There's footage from their concert and it looks like it's mostly 10th anniversary centered.

Also, it's funny looking back and seeing how Yurina wasn't such a giant when they debuted:
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Captain look gorgeous in the clip! Is it me or Berryz always look... bored? when they are dancing live.

I like early Berryz (Joshi Basket buuuuuu), but I prefer the Inazuma singles and cha cha sing. Latest single were kind of over the place for me, like hit or miss.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Anderei"]
Monkey Dance single is best Berryz single. Accept no others.

There's footage from their concert and it looks like it's mostly 10th anniversary centered.

Also, it's funny looking back and seeing how Yurina wasn't such a giant when they debuted:
[/quote]

Hahaha I know!  I was watching old videos the other day and Maasa used to be the one who towered over them all.  She looks pretty tall in that picture but I know she doesn't come close to Yurina now...
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Damn, I just noticed this thread. I should have done a blog entry on their 10th anniversary. I've just been so busy all week. Oh well, there's still time.

Their first PV, for "Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai," is awesome. One of the best things they've ever done. They haven't done a lot of great songs. I do like "Ryuusei Boy" and "Dakishimete Dakishimete" a lot. (I've done both in karaoke. I've been invited to karaoke tomorrow by what's left of the NYC J-pop contingent and I'll do these in honor of BK if I go, which I probably won't. No time - :() I like the "Ai no Dangan" PV a lot. And their concerts were a lot of fun for a few years there. But, like I said in my blog recently, I think BK and C-ute are getting short shrift these days and just coasting, while MM and S/mileage are getting the most attention from management. Which is sad, because the members of BK and C-ute have so honed their performance skills that they can deliver expert shows in their sleep. They just need good material.
Last edited by Madara on Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Madara"]
Damn, I just noticed this thread. I should have done a blog entry on their 10th anniversary. I've just been so busy all week. Oh well, there's still time.

Their first PV, for "Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai," is awesome. One of the best things they've ever done. They haven't done a lot of great songs. I do like "Ryuusei Boy" and "Dakishimete Dakishimete" a lot. (I've done both in karaoke. I've been invited to karaoke tomorrow by what's left of the NYC J-pop contingent and I'll do these in honor of BK if I go, which I probably won't. No time - :() I like the "Ai no Dangan" PV a lot. And their concerts were a lot of fun for a few years there. But, like I said in my blog recently, I think BK and C-ute are getting short shrift these days and just coasting, while MM and S/mileage are getting the most attention from management. Which is sad, because the members of BK and C-ute have so honed their performance skills that they can deliver expert shows in their sleep. They just need good material.
[/quote]

This is very wrong. While Morning Musume are getting the most attention right now. 2nd in line is most definitely C-ute. Followed by Juice=Juice and Berryz and lastly, S/mileage. 
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="173124" data-time="1394286361">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="173123" data-time="1394283065">

</blockquote>

This is very wrong. While Morning Musume are getting the most attention right now. 2nd in line is most definitely C-ute. Followed by Juice=Juice and Berryz and lastly, S/mileage.

</blockquote>

Hmmm, I'm just going by what I see in the concerts and PVs. I do have a tendency to make sweeping statements without seeing the total picture.  :uncertain:
Last edited by Madara on Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.