Tsunku had cancer and vocal cords were removed.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Tsunku had cancer and vocal cords were removed.

Post by momoirosaya »

Here is some actual medical information.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

• <b>smoking:</b> The risk of laryngeal cancer increases up to 30 times for smokers. The heavier the person smokes, the higher the risk. Second-hand smoke is also considered a hazard.
  • <b>alcohol:</b> Heavy drinkers more than double their risk for this type of cancer, and combining smoking with alcohol can increase the risks even more than either drinking or smoking alone.
  • <b>gender:</b> More men than women are diagnosed with cancer of the larynx.
  • <b>age:</b> This type of cancer is usually detected in people between 50 and 75 years old.
  • <b>voice overuse:</b> People who use their voices a lot, such as singers, may develop <i>polyps</i> (lumps of tissue) that can become cancerous if not removed.
</blockquote>

So singing may have been part of the cause if had polyps that he didn't take of, but I bet my bottom dollar that it was the smoking that did him in.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Tsunku fits into all if these except his age, really. And he's not terribly far from 50 either.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^The ones I included in the post specifically relate to him, there were other causes listed though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Damn, now we can't really joke about his growling anymore.

Hopefully he overcomes this and we'll hear more of his beautiful grunting in the future !

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="173198" data-time="1394477371">Who said it was the result of smoking? Yes, he smokes, but that does not mean his cancer is necessarily a result of smoking. He also sings A LOT, so that might have just as much to do with it as the smoking.</blockquote>
It's a well known fact that smoking increases cancer risk.
Not sure why you're arguing around that fact, saying he might not be influenced by it.
It's definitely very likely.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="173200" data-time="1394481454">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="173199" data-time="1394479184">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="173198" data-time="1394477371">
Who said it was the result of smoking? Yes, he smokes, but that does not mean his cancer is necessarily a result of smoking. He also sings A LOT, so that might have just as much to do with it as the smoking.
</blockquote>
I'm not saying that smoking did or did not cause his cancer because I'm no doctor.</blockquote>

You probably should've stopped right there.</blockquote>

By the same token, there is no proof from your medical background as a doctor anywhere in this thread saying singing causes cancer, unless you failed to post your credentials with your opinion.

[/quote]

Which was kinda my point. None of us know enough about Tsunku's case to be making determinations as to what caused his cancer.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="173202" data-time="1394485316">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="173200" data-time="1394481454">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="173199" data-time="1394479184">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="173198" data-time="1394477371">
Who said it was the result of smoking? Yes, he smokes, but that does not mean his cancer is necessarily a result of smoking. He also sings A LOT, so that might have just as much to do with it as the smoking.
</blockquote>
I'm not saying that smoking did or did not cause his cancer because I'm no doctor.</blockquote>

By the same token, there is no proof from your medical background as a doctor anywhere in this thread saying singing causes cancer, unless you failed to post your credentials with your opinion.

[/quote]

Which was kinda my point. None of us know enough about Tsunku's case to be making determinations as to what caused his cancer.

</div>
</blockquote>

If that was your point you failed to make it. If you only wanted to say that we don't know enough to know for sure that it was caused by smoking then you should've stopped after your second sentence. Instead you went further by asserting that singing has an equal chance of having caused his cancer as smoking does. I'm quite sure that if you've taken any health class or done any reading online you'd know that smoking carries a very high risk of causing cancer. Nobody is claiming that his cancer was 100% caused by smoking and nothing else, however, it is impossible to deny that smoking played a big part in his developing cancer.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Sayu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="173282" data-time="1394656668">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="173202" data-time="1394485316">
<div>

</blockquote>

[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

If that was your point you failed to make it. If you only wanted to say that we don't know enough to know for sure that it was caused by smoking then you should've stopped after your second sentence. Instead you went further by asserting that singing has an equal chance of having caused his cancer as smoking does. I'm quite sure that if you've taken any health class or done any reading online you'd know that smoking carries a very high risk of causing cancer. Nobody is claiming that his cancer was 100% caused by smoking and nothing else, however, it is impossible to deny that smoking played a big part in his developing cancer.

</div>
</blockquote>
You do know that I was responding to this, right?:

<div>showraniy, on 10 Mar 2014 - 1:22 PM</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"I'm sad this sounds like the result of smoking. I've never seen him smoke, but if that's what caused this, that is just entirely too preventable and sad."</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Nobody knows enough about this to make that presumption, which was my point.</div>

(OT: Why can't I use "quote" tags here without my comments after the closed quote tag ending up within the quoted text area? Neither can I copy & paste from another reply window.)
<div>

Furthermore, you saying that "it is impossible to deny that smoking played a big part in his developing cancer" only serves to validate my point. You don't know that. Period. Full stop. Not all smokers develop cancer, and along with that, not all smokers who do develop cancer do so as a result of smoking. You simply don't know. If you were to say, "Damn, it's probably the smokes" that would be one thing, but you are essentially saying that it is 100% for sure the smoking "played a big part" in it. So how big a part of it does it need to be before I can say that you are completely contradicting the sentence previous to your claim that?
</div>

Last edited by JPope on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

BTW, do I think that there is a high probability that smoking caused Tsunku's cancer. Yep, I do. But I'm not nearly presumptuous enough to state that it is "impossible to deny that smoking played a big part in his developing cancer" without knowing any of the facts. Because other than possibly Tsunku's doctors -- and maybe not even them at this point -- no one knows enough to make that determination.
Last edited by JPope on Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm so confused about why it had to be said that we don't know what caused the cancer.

Of course we don't. No one (before Sayu's response to Jpope) said it was definitively caused by anything.

Where did this even come from?
berikyuu
Kenshuusei

Post by berikyuu »

Fans are launching a project to send words of encouragement to Tsunku!
Details here

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.youtube.com/CJLeeProductions">H!P Flute & Piccolo Covers</a>

Follow me on Tumblr!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Stealing our scrap book projects. That's a joke obviously. None the less, I will most likely contribute.

Speaking of scrap books, did we ever find out what happened to Reina, Haruna, and Mizuki's that Strawberry and Aine took to the Paris handshake event?
Last edited by star on Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="174355" data-time="1396294269">Speaking of scrap books, did we ever find out what happened to Reina, Haruna, and Mizuki's that Strawberry and Aine took to the Paris handshake event?</blockquote>
We didn't unfortunately, unless there was something I missed. But I tried keeping a close track on all involved for a month or two after the event.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Awh, ok then. I was really hoping of hearing news that they got them. I wanted to hear them talk about them like Kanon did, or at least get some confirmation that they got them.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Tsunku just posted that he is cancer free! 

Yay~ Source -> http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11930154424.html
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

That's fantastic!  I'm so happy for him, and so glad the treatment worked.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I'm happy for him as well! I was worried.

(And darn you, dastardly Q, I was headed on my way to post that very news, haha.)
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am so relieved to hear this.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I knew he'd be all right. Glad to hear it's official!
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Awesome. I hope he remains cancer-free.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Very cool, I hope he rests up before returning to work!
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

This is fantastic news!!! It's great the treatment worked and I really hope the cancer doesn't return :)
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

Tsunku's cancer came back. I think I read it on his blog.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mosumu4Ever" data-cid="180922" data-time="1413566189">Tsunku's cancer came back. I think I read it on his blog.</blockquote>
How about linking to the source for stuff like this? :wut:

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11940284715.html

Can someone confirm or deny please? I can't really tell what's going on with a translator.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

:(  

I can translate that for b-p if someone preps it.  
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

He said his throat was hurting in September, so he had a check up, and then when he was in New York the doctors contacted him and said that it looked like the cancer was back. As soon as he got back from New York he went to the doctor and it looks like he should still be okay in time.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Unfortunately it's true :( I really hope he can recover again :(
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="eri"]I can translate that for b-p if someone preps it.  [/quote]

It's done.

Campy <3 !
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mosumu4Ever" data-cid="180922" data-time="1413566189">
Tsunku's cancer came back. I think I read it on his blog.
</blockquote>

How about linking to the source for stuff like this? :wut:

http://ameblo.jp/tsunku-blog/entry-11940284715.html

Can someone confirm or deny please? I can't really tell what's going on with a translator.

[/quote]
I would have, but I can't post links on my phone. I would have posted it if I could. : |

I'm upset to see that his cancer is back and I hope he gets well soon. 
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="180925" data-time="1413567950">
<div>I can translate that for b-p if someone preps it.  [/quote]

It's done.

</div>
</blockquote>
<3

And this time, it seems the surgery was successful in removing all the cancer. Scary! I felt so sad translating that entry...he mentioned taking his family to New York, you know? 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I just realized how he must have had more pressure than usual with all the double-A singles... It may not be a "hard" job, but I'm sure with the expectations of both fans and the company it wasn't/isn't an easy time for him, either.... I know I couldn't make that many songs a year, lol.