12th Auditions Winners Announced! "Golden Audition"

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: 12th Auditions Winners Announced! "Golden Audition"

Post by JPope »

I think Maria is both awkward looking and pretty. She will probably be very pretty once she becomes less awkward.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Farrah"]
For those curious to hear what kind of technique would have contributed to giving Ai vocal nodes, I recommend watching this video at 3:23, 3:39, 3:50, 4:13, 4:27, etc.  That is straight up screaming and straining, all in the neck and the nose and the throat and nothing coming from a healthy place.  It's not even a particularly high belt, it doesn't sound so rough because of range, it sounds so strained because it's simply being placed and projected in the absolute most unhealthy way. Even people with a decent level of natural ability like Ai will sound gross when they have to sing something like this that requires a kind of knowledge that you can really only gain from proper training on how to belt without hurting yourself.
[/quote]

UGH YES THAT VIDEO HAS MADE ME CRINGE SO MANY TIMES.

But yeah...same sentiments...I think all the girls have potential if they get PROPER training, it's just I am not so sure PROPER training is something received in H!P.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="180871" data-time="1413439870"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="180861" data-time="1413433560">(figure skating, looks and from Osaka)</blockquote>What's the deal with her being from Osaka? Sorry, I'm not into Japanese cities and prefectures at all</blockquote>
Have there been any girls from Osaka yet?

Osaka culture is thought of as being pretty different from Tokyo culture (which most media is based off of). Tsunku is also from there, and he always seems to build a good rapport with anyone from the area.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not in MM, but Kana from S/mileage.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Also JJ's Uemura Akari.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

And Musubu and Yumeno from the Kenshuusei, as I learned just a minute ago.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

More 12ki pictures! Some sort of celebration (rest of MM was there, I believe. Sayu and Erina for sure.. Couldn't read the font on the cake in a separate picture.)

Spoiler: [+]
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It's celebrating Sayu's 11th year in MM. I'm surprised I was able to read it haha, btw the cake is upside down and that black thing is a picture of Sayu's face.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
It's celebrating Sayu's 11th year in MM. I'm surprised I was able to read it haha, btw the cake is upside down and that black thing is a picture of Sayu's face.
[/quote]

Yeah I saw a separate picture of it, but like I said I just couldn't really understand what the words were with the handwriting, lol. Figured it was something to that effect.... Thanks for clarifying :)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Where are all these audition videos of the girls? D; *blind*
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="Pi Miki"]
Where are all these audition videos of the girls? D; *blind*
[/quote]

Latest Hello!Station.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
More 12ki pictures! Some sort of celebration (rest of MM was there, I believe. Sayu and Erina for sure.. Couldn't read the font on the cake in a separate picture.)

[/quote]
michisings
Kenshuusei

Post by michisings »

That cake is so cute~ I want my next birthday cake to be like that!

<div> •*/) /) </div>
<div>ฅ(• - •)ฅうん•*¨*•. Usa-chan PEACE!♬ </div>
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

That is a cool cake. Congratulations Sayu and Morning Musume.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It says "Good work on completing your 11th year! Please come back to Shizuoka again!"
rikako♡eripon♡airi
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Why do Japanese celebratory cakes always always look so fancy and delicious?
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Asian people don't have a lot of muscles on their face so they have fewer face expressions than non-Asians. Maria has the kind of face that can expresses her emotion well. I just love her bright smile (and tears) when Sayumi announced her addition to the group. She seems to be a bright, out-going girl, the opposite of many Japanese people. That makes her lovely to me. I am always attracted to people who are the opposite of me. That is also why I love Masaki. She is so cheerful, so full of life. I hope Maria won't turn off Japanese fans like Masaki does, though. Japanese seems to like humble people. Maria is too expressive, some fans may mistake that for arrogance. Ayumi is loved for her smile, I hope the same can work for Maria.
Last edited by smtmissin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="smtmissin"]
Asian people don't have a lot of muscles on their face so they have fewer face expressions than non-Asians.
[/quote]

Where do you base this information from? It sounds like nonsense to me.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="Star"]
Why do Japanese celebratory cakes always always look so fancy and delicious?
[/quote]
Ikr? I'm always amazed when I see one lol
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="181070" data-time="1414072881">Asian people don't have a lot of muscles on their face so they have fewer face expressions than non-Asians. She seems to be a bright, out-going girl, the opposite of many Japanese people.</blockquote>

You really do say the strangest shit sometimes. I never know whether to be appalled, confused, or just annoyed.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="181070" data-time="1414072881">
<div>
Asian people don't have a lot of muscles on their face so they have fewer face expressions than non-Asians.
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

It just occurs to me that if culturally young Asians use a set of facial expressions that requires less facial muscle movements than Caucasian then most likely when they become adult they can't use the muscles freely anymore because of muscle atrophy. And that's why people raised in Asia have less expressive face. I just make assumptions, not based on anything. But studies show that Asians use mostly eyes and mouth to express emotions while Caucasians use other muscles as well. They say it's a cultural thing. But I don't know if genetics play a part as well. What if Asians just don't have access to facial muscles as freely as Caucasians.
Last edited by smtmissin on Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="smtmissin"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="181074" data-time="1414094395">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="181070" data-time="1414072881">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

It just occurs to me that if culturally young Asians use a set of facial expressions that requires less facial muscle movements than Caucasian then most likely when they become adult they can't use the muscles freely anymore because of muscle atrophy. And that's why people raised in Asia have less expressive face. I just make assumptions, not based on anything. But studies show that Asians use mostly eyes and mouth to express emotions while Caucasians use other muscles as well. They say it's a cultural thing. But I don't know if genetics play a part as well. What if Asians just don't have access to facial muscles as freely as Caucasians.

</div>
</blockquote>

It's fine to make your own assumptions, but please refrain from stating them as fact when you do. 
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

It is a cultural thing, not a genetic thing.

/Asian person growing up in the US with full use of my goddamn face muscles. 

PS. I didn't know they didn't go to NY until reading one of the blogs.  What do they do in this odd interim period? Just train and get prettier?
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Sorry when I have lived with an assumption for a long enough time I start to believe that to be a fact and state it as fact.

michisings
Kenshuusei

Post by michisings »

[quote="smtmissin"]
Sorry when I have lived with an assumption for a long enough time I start to believe that to be a fact and state it as fact.
[/quote]

I am sure you didn't mean any harm. ^^ But the others are right. I am Asian from an Asian country and what you said was really confusing to me. Where I am from expression or over-expression is quite natural. I think my muscles are all working just fine too. 

<div> •*/) /) </div>
<div>ฅ(• - •)ฅうん•*¨*•. Usa-chan PEACE!♬ </div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="eri"]
It is a cultural thing, not a genetic thing.

/Asian person growing up in the US with full use of my goddamn face muscles. 

PS. I didn't know they didn't go to NY until reading one of the blogs.  What do they do in this odd interim period? Just train and get prettier?
[/quote]

They're probably boot-camping all of the current routines that are expected to carry over into next year.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I don't think this was posted yet (unless I missed it), so... 12th gen in UTB: 

I do like her, but I still don't think Miki is cute, even when she's been prettied up for a photoshoot. The other three look nice, if a little awkward. I'm still disappointed that we didn't get a "perfect"/complete package-type girl. I guess that'll have to wait for the next generation. 
Last edited by Banana on Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

12th gen will "soon" be working with MM, so excited! In the meantime, here are some more pics of the girls--

Ogata Haruna: 

Nonaka Miki:

Haga Akane:

Makino Maria:

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

That idol magic though...
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

That's why Maria is Maria-sama. Girls in MM mostly have either face or posture. Maria-sama has both (Masaki, too).