12th Auditions Winners Announced! "Golden Audition"

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: 12th Auditions Winners Announced! "Golden Audition"

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
She lived in America for 8 years because of her dad's job, so she learned English when she was young, which is why she has skill with it.
[/quote]

Thanks for the explanation, I didn't expect that accent from a japanese girl.

Campy <3 !
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I got my wish plus one. I've heard the two KKS' and Maria has potential to sound good, Akane is alright. I'm glad to see that Akane having auditioned for the failed 12th gen got in this time. Does anyone think that management told her she would be in the group, but they didn't want it to be just her so they have her just be a KKS until the next audition? Anyway, I'm excited to hear and see what Miki and the new Haruna are like. They're all cute. Anyone wants to guess which colors they will get? The options are:

Yossie's purple
Koharu's old white/grey
Sayumi's old Gold
Reina's Light blue
Haruna's old brown
Another green
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

For sure they will use light blue and purple. Someone will probbaly get white or grey.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Pink will be free by the time they start promoting with the group
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

They usually retire the color for a generation, so I highly doubt anyone will get it. Unless Sayu okays it and gives it to Maria or something, but I doubt it.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="180128" data-time="1412101727">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="180123" data-time="1412100042">
<div>
Wow, her English is great. I wonder that played a part in her selection, or if it's just a totally incidental bonus? I hope it's the latter.
</div>
</blockquote>

Tsunku's message to her was asking her to use her English skills and great mind to make Morning Musume global.  So it might have, though we'll probably see how big of a role it had once we hear her sing.

</div>
</blockquote>

Interesting. It's definitely a bonus either way. If she has the personality to match her English skills, she could be a marketing coup for the group -- if management is willing to take advantage of it.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="180126" data-time="1412100961">
<div>
I feel bad for Sakura though, being a 1 member gen with 3 4 person gens around. At least she can probably connect with Maria since they did 11th gen auditions together.
</div>
</blockquote>

Sakura appears to have fit in just fine without any Generation-mates. She seems to be pretty down to earth and able to connect with pretty much everyone.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Saya"]
They usually retire the color for a generation, so I highly doubt anyone will get it. Unless Sayu okays it and gives it to Maria or something, but I doubt it.
[/quote]

Yeah, but with 13 members they're kind of short on colors so they shouldn't do that.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

They could use magenta or rose or something so as not to call it "pink."
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It's more a respect thing I think. Also there was a time when they had 16 members. There are enough colors to use even if they don't use Sayu's pink.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Or use Sayu's light pink and call it sakura.  :rolleyes:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Photos of Miki and Haruna from Girls News

Spoiler: [+]
Haruna:

Miki:

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

That last picture of Miki is..... unflattering to say the least.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She reminds me of another Yuka. In a bad way. Hopefully she can prove me otherwise.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Wow, her English is great. I wonder that played a part in her selection, or if it's just a totally incidental bonus? I hope it's the latter.
[/quote]

I'm sure it had to have played somewhat a part in it... H!P has really been upping their English game over the past year, so it's not surprising. This way they have a fluid way to communicate with English speakers and still be tied to the group. Not saying it's the only reason she was picked, but I have to assume it was part of it!

Also, if one of the "outsiders" is a good singer I'll be mad! Shoulda added Ruru... She's not that pretty (though I think she is) and she can sing. She said her dream is to join MM Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q_Q (Sorry I'm so butthurt) Aaaaand like stated, those pictures really are *not* flattering

Messages from Tsunku to members--

To Ogata:

Congratulations on entering MM. Your specialty is figure skating, so please lend that grace to MM. 

To Nonaka:

Congratulations on entering MM. Your English skill is very high, please use that skill for MM. (more or less)

To Hagane:

I think something about becoming one with MM? Congratulations on entering MM.

To Makino:
You have grown in your time as an egg. Please continue to try your best from now onwards. Congratulations on entering MM.

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
That last picture of Miki is..... unflattering to say the least.
[/quote]

Yeah, but it's slim pickings so you gotta take what you can get.

Actual profile shots. Maria makes me think of Mizuki with how one of her eyes is noticeably bigger than the other. Also, Akane being born in 2002 means she was just a baby when Sayumi auditioned for the group. Isn't that crazy?

Haruna

Miki

Akane

Maria
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yeah, Maria does have the Fukuhime eye thing going on. She seems pretty adorable, though. Ogata reminds me of a mix of Riho, Ayumi and Kumai Yurina with her own.... unique charm to her? Hm.

Miki in that picture reminds me of a young Yaguchi, for some reason. That and Miyazaki Yuka, like Thea said.

Akane's still the one I like best so far. She has this really, really weird and odd charm that I just really dig, haha. And....... yes. It is really crazy. She's younger than even me and that makes me feel old, haha.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Haruna and Miki are average-looking types of Japanese girls you can see everywhere (maybe a bit... above average. Beautiful Japanese girls are really beautiful, but average Japanese girls are really average).  They are the Rinas of Smileage. I don't know how much Japanese wotas love them, but I can see them as back dancers already. I am not bashing them, I think they have cute smiles, but if based on look only, they are not the type of idol I would dig. But if they can sing well, I guess one of them will be pushed....I wonder who.

I can see Maria is going to be pushed. She has this aura of the front girl. Akane is very, very cute, but she doesn't exactly give off that type of aura. Maybe her position will be similar to Sayumi during Platinum Era.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I'm excited to see how these girls grow! My favorites from auditions usually become my least favorite later on, but this group is really cute so I hope they do well.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

<div>Early morning news clips: </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Mezamashi (Dailymotion)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Oha!4 News Live (Dailymotion)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Hayachan (Dailymotion)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>ZIP! (Dailymotion)</div>
Last edited by Banana on Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="smtmissin"]
I can see Maria is going to be pushed. She has this aura of the front girl. Akane is very, very cute, but she doesn't exactly give off that type of aura. Maybe her position will be similar to Sayumi during Platinum Era.
[/quote]

I agree, I've gotten that feeling as well. Maria seems to be the most popular out of all of them, and Tsunku himself commented that she could become ace if she puts herself out there. I've got expectations for her.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

wtf. how is there an entire new generation now? when did this happen? i'm sooo out of the loop.

<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="180149" data-time="1412114132">
Haruna and Miki are average-looking types of Japanese girls you can see everywhere (maybe a bit... above average. Beautiful Japanese girls are really beautiful, but average Japanese girls are really average).  They are the Rinas of Smileage. I don't know how much Japanese wotas love them, but I can see them as back dancers already. I am not bashing them, I think they have cute smiles, but if based on look only, they are not the type of idol I would dig. But if they can sing well, I guess one of them will be pushed....I wonder who.

</blockquote>
</div>

Wotas love them because they are average!  They are the non-intimidating, sweet, girl next door types.  Idols in general are supposed to be accessible, right? A super beautiful idol seems rare and intimidating. 
Last edited by eri on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I would say Airi and Risako fit the role of super beautiful idols who pretty much have it all.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="eri"]Wotas love them because they are average!  They are the non-intimidating, sweet, girl next door types.  Idols in general are supposed to be accessible, right? A super beautiful idol seems rare and intimidating. [/quote]

I think that's true for some, but being beautiful certainly never hurt Sayumi. Maria is going to be a huge favorite based on looks alone -- she's going to be gorgeous in a few years -- and if her personality is even remotely charming, look out.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

This is probably bias talking, but Akane reminds me of a young Sayu when she first joined, so she may grow into a beauty, as well. Start out cute and then kablam, stunner. But I definitely agree on Maria, too. She is the prettiest out of 12ki right now.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="rob"]
I would say Airi and Risako fit the role of super beautiful idols who pretty much have it all.
[/quote]

Yeah, but they were so young I feel like it was just a game of chance. I think it's different than picking girls in the age range of 12th gen and maybe avoiding the ones who are TOO pretty.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

All I know is that since Ayano wasn't picked, if she's not in S/mileag3, we riot!!!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
All I know is that since Ayano wasn't picked, if she's not in S/mileag3, we riot!!!
[/quote]

I SERIOUSLY WILL IF SHE ISN'T. She's perfect for S/mileage.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Huh, a gen got added out of nowhere.

I like Maria so far since she stands out, but there's something about Miki's dimple that I adore. She reminds me of Ota Aika from AKB with that dimple. Oh, and my favorite part of new gen girls is seeing them after the idol transformation, so I've got my eyes peeled to see how they turn out.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="rob" data-cid="180161" data-time="1412120741">
<div>
[/quote]

Yeah, but they were so young I feel like it was just a game of chance. I think it's different than picking girls in the age range of 12th gen and maybe avoiding the ones who are TOO pretty.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeh I can see where you're coming from, but surely they learned from their mistakes koharuaika5thgeneration(excludingAiofcourse) by now?

I think to be an idol, the girls should excel at SOMETHING, be really cute, really good at singing or dancing, be funny or a good talker, but having members that are just dull. I'm not sure that's ever been a thing more than a mistake.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="rob"]
[/quote]

Hmm maybe.  

I guess the difference might be...
(and sorry to use my 90s references because I'm old and don't listen to American pop music anymore so this is all I have)
Britney Spears is/was very, very cute. But she is not intimidatingly BEAUTIFUL in the way that Charlize Theron or Angelina Jolie are.  Even if . Spears was still cuter than like 90% of the population, she comes off as that really hot girl in high school instead of the freakishly non-human beautiful woman that would reject you in a heartbeat.   

Sayu and Airi are very pretty but they are still cute over that scary, mind blowing beautiful look.  Risako is a little different because she has that mixed-girl thing that Japanese people fetishize.  

But you know who I think is gorgeous, now that I think about it?  Yajima Maimi! I could just stare at her in amazement at how nature turned out such a perfect face.  And also the Blue girl from Momoclo that dropped out to model.  Wow, so pretty.  Hmmm will have to rethink my theory then.