Sayumi's graduating

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

moralar
つばきファクトリー

Re: Sayumi's graduating

Post by moralar »

I haven't been keeping up with anything MM-related for a while now -- can anybody comment on Sayu's post-MM career prospects? She gained a mild amount of fame/notoriety on variety shows for her ultra-vain/poisoned tongue persona (i.e. pretty much the same character she had been playing since Eric Kamezou) shortly after Fujimoto Miki's departure. Is she still doing this, or has she faded from the limelight?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="moralar"]
I haven't been keeping up with anything MM-related for a while now -- can anybody comment on Sayu's post-MM career prospects? She gained a mild amount of fame/notoriety on variety shows for her ultra-vain/poisoned tongue persona (i.e. pretty much the same character she had been playing since Eric Kamezou) shortly after Fujimoto Miki's departure. Is she still doing this, or has she faded from the limelight?
[/quote]

She's toned down the poison tongue thing a lot. Unless she does variety, I'm not sure what else she could do. She's obviously not going to sing and hasn't ever shown any interest in acting.

<p class="bbc_center">Image
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ It will be very pink, that's for sure :lol:
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Maybe a bunny related outfit?

Sayu can do variety for sure. She could also model if she wanted to, or even work behind the scenes and do producing and stuff.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ Oooh! I totally forgot about the whole Usa-chan thing :)

JIJIPRESS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKfUA0FRioA
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

This was inevitable, but it's still sad. Truly the end of an era. When she joined MM, there were still two 1st Gen members in MM, one 2nd Gen member and all four 4th Gen members! She is the last link to that golden era.

I suspect she'll find a solid career doing TV hosting.

I would like to try to make this concert. I've had to cancel the C-ute/Paris trip because of an immediate family crisis that's destined to drag on for months. If this crisis is resolved by the fall (no guarantee) I can try and make this concert, but it would mean canceling my planned pre-retirement trip to Japan next spring. Right now, though, I have more pressing problems and can't make any plans.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Stay behind the scenes at upfront and work on the creative/production end.  Help out with shit that tsunku can't do as well with his illness.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sayu will do TV variety shows and model. I see her remaining within the H!P family in some capacity, as well. 
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="yuzu"]
Stay behind the scenes at upfront and work on the creative/production end.  Help out with shit that tsunku can't do as well with his illness.
[/quote]

[quote="JPope"]
Sayu will do TV variety shows and model. I see her remaining within the H!P family in some capacity, as well. 
[/quote]

This is what I want.  I'm sure she'll stick around with H!P, at least attending events like Tsuji and Rika do.

I'm going to miss her in MM though.   :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I'd like to see her keep singing. She could go Kyary-lite with more songs/productions like Kare to Issho. Not sure H!P has the creative chops for that though...
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Zoe"]
. Not sure H!P has the creative chops for that though...
[/quote]

but sayu does....

I would love for her to have creative freedom.  She knows what girls and wota want.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Sayu could remain in H!P even if she was inactive. She could do what Aika did (and additional stuff). But Sayu does have a TV career and modeling.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's graduating from H!P as well.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

What I think Sayu will do is either be a talento and be on variety shows, be some type of model, or retire from public life (it's possible if you've read her interviews; as much as she loves H!P and being an idol in general, she loves her mother and sister a whole lot more), but still show up at concerts and such.

I don't think she'll completely retire, but I don't have any other ideas.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

She is really close to her family. I could see her staying out of the public eye for a while so she could be with them. But I feel like she's probably going to return to TV eventually.
Formerly Mizura
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Her and Eri can finally get gay-married and live happily ever after.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Just watched the announcement footage from the Haro!Sute and god I feel so sorry for the audience that was blindsided with that. I would have broke down.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

When I first found out yesterday, I was pretty upset at first. Sayu isn't my top member but I still respect her a lot. For the Japanese Wota, that would've been a real shock.
Formerly Mizura
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I'm actually really glad she's graduating at the end of this year.  She'll probably do variety and/or work with UF behind the scenes, didn't she say somewhat recently that she wanted to do more directing type work?
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Enmiz
モーニング娘。

Post by Enmiz »

I know I've been gone forever and only been a lurk monster occasionally, but I feel like I had to come back and say something for Sayu.

I used to hate her when I didn't pay much attention to the girls' blogs, but I grew to really love her. She's easily my favorite idol ever, and I thought we'd get to "keep" her for a lot longer than the end of the Autumn tour. 

If I wasn't so sick, I'd be insisting my husband take me to Japan to see them in concert before she graduates.

Now probably back to the shadows....
<p class="bbc_center">-MIZUKKINGDOM-
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

The other day I had to explain to Quentin how a member's graduation is on the same level of emotional pain as one of your children dying because he didn't understand why I was so upset about it.
Last edited by star on Thu May 01, 2014 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Uh it's not that bad....
rikako♡eripon♡airi
gpbasicfan1
Kenshuusei

Post by gpbasicfan1 »

I cried for 15 minutes in my room when I saw this news. But you know it was her decision to graduate therefore I respect her decision. 
Last edited by gpbasicfan1 on Fri May 02, 2014 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Aiko was here~
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="175356" data-time="1399006511">
Uh it's not that bad....</blockquote>
That was obviously a hyperbole...and I was more referring to when your favorite member graduates.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

In Japan now and expected to see news about Sayu's grad on TV, but didn't see any.
Also haven't see her on any variety shows the whole time. Saw Tsuji though.

Now it could be pure coincidence I didn't see it because it's not like I'm watching TV all the time here. But I'm still a little worried?

So who's going to try to go?
I guess me and aine will try, but we've been to Japan a lot recently so if we go, we will prolly stay a short time to save money.
Maybe we could all organise something together?

And Al, true dat.

-strawberryjam

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="aine"]
In Japan now and expected to see news about Sayu's grad on TV, but didn't see any.

Also haven't see her on any variety shows the whole time. Saw Tsuji though.

Now it could be pure coincidence I didn't see it because it's not like I'm watching TV all the time here. But I'm still a little worried?

So who's going to try to go?

I guess me and aine will try, but we've been to Japan a lot recently so if we go, we will prolly stay a short time to save money.

Maybe we could all organise something together?

And Al, true dat.

-strawberryjam
[/quote]

It was on all the morning news shows, but those are usually on super early.

If I can get a heads up on the date and someone to secure me a ticket, I'll definitely go. Hopefully I can bum some free airline miles from my parents and get a round trip ticket without going broke to do it.

PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

How are you guys going to try to get tickets?

A lot of ticketing sites don't accept overseas issued credit cards, so we'll try to secure some prepaid credit cards while we are here.

But chances are tickets will sell out in like 2 seconds when they are up for sale and we'll have to buy them at a very high price at gorakudou.

-strawberryjam

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Finally.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

hahaha ap
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

I have also been away from the site for a while. due to college and work, anyway....For thepast few days I had this gut feeling that she was announcing somthing. Then I check the site and I see this. I am beyond devastated :( I loved her since the mment I first saw her. Not to mention she is the last golden era and the last "original" member to graduate. I use the term loosely since she is the last to graduate since I first began to listen to MM. I will miss her so much!!!! So sad that there is no way I could go to the concert, but does anyone know if we are doing graduation messages to Sayu?
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!