Sayumi's graduating

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Sayumi's graduating

Post by Anderei »

At the end of the Fall 2014 tour. Announced in Yamagishi today.

Up Front Statement.
Tsunku's statement.

I knew it would be soon since she'll be 25 this year, but I thought they'd at least wait until 12th gen had joined.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Haru
ANGERME

Re: Sayumi's graduating

Post by Haru »

I can't properly express myself on H!O shouldn't have left here for moments like this

fucking jesus titty fucking christ dont do this shit sayu no
away i go agani goodbye friends
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I mean, I knew this was coming eventually but... I wanted her to be around until 2015 at least :(. I love Sayu so much, and I'm going to be so sad to see her leave, but I think MM has come to a place now where they are able to stand on their own. I feel like her graduation concert is going to be amazing though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Will it be as big as Nacchi's graduation?
And ughrueghoe I'm actually quuuuite upset. When I saw this thread I thought for sure it was a joke.....
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I expected her to announce it during the Summer concert, but I was hoping that they would at least give her one more year with the 12th Gen. I can't wait for her graduation concert because you know they'll go all out on her. Anyone wants to take a poll on who'll be leader?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I would think Iikubo for sure (she's got a more mother-y, tv personality), but Mizuki is technically the senpai.... So we'll have to see, I guess.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It might be double leader as well. They've probably been testing them both with the whole sub-leader thing. I think Harunan would make a better fit for leader since she's good at talking.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Here's a translation of Sayumi's statement----Not translated by me. Seems like it's erin2314 on Tumblr:

I have told you, "I'll return something to Morning Musume" since I became the leader.
I know it's not only by my power, but MM marked first place for five straight singles.
It was little by little, but I've done something to repay Morning Musume.
So, I talked with Tsunku-san and our office and decided the timing of my graduation.
I still have a long time till the graduation.
And I think I wanna teach more juniors more and more.
I think my true return has started now.
I'll make the chou chou chou nice MM before my graduation.
And I'll pass the baton to the next generations!
Please cheer for me till autumn.
April 29th, 2014.
Morning Musumer. '14 Leader
Michishige Sayumi.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

:cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:
the feeeeeeeels
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They better give her graduation an Arena because you know half of the h!p fandom of the world is going to converge on that day, including me. I'm going to try and get there if it's the last thing I do.

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Trinu
つばきファクトリー

Post by Trinu »

Wow, I really didn't expect this so "soon".

As others have said, I thought they'd make her stay until the 12th gen is settled and make her go out with a bang in an H!P concert in summer or something... damn, I was wrong.

She will be truly missed and I bet I'll cry more than with Kaorin's graduation. :(
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

This is so sad. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, but I didn't expect it now. I think I might actually cry more than I didn't when Reina graduated. She's the only non colorful era girl there (I consider her to be always platinum era) so it will be weird without her. It will be a whole new MM to me. Now I'm just waiting for Arco to find out to see what he's going to do.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Dammit, I was hoping for another year, but at least she's going out on top.

Now I need a date and a way to get a ticket, because I'll max out my credit card to get there.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
xxxmayuriin
Kenshuusei

Post by xxxmayuriin »

I translated comment of Michishige Sayumi's graduation news on hello-project site
http://www.helloproject.com/news/1657/

Thank you for always supporting Morning Musume'14.
Today, at Shunan City Cultural Center concert of Yamaguchi Prefecture it was announced that,
Leader Michishige Sayumi's will be graduating from Morning Musume '14 and Hello! Project
this year on the last day of the autumn concert tour.

Michishige is a 6th Generation member, she made her debut in 2003 with [Shabondama] as her debut CD.
She became the 8th leader in 2012 of Morning Musume. And has ever since been the leader.
She also has been a member for more than 4100 days recorded in Morning Musume which is the longest in history.
In the process of her contributing significantly to the group, Morning Musume has achieved 5 consecutively 1st place
on the Oricon Singles Chart. Her first ever recording in the group as a member was able to be achieved.

After having many repeated discussions, and in respect of Michishige herself, we have been led to such a conclusion.
As there is still time left to the graduation, from now on please continue to support Morning Musume '14.
Once again, thank you for supporting Michishige Sayumi.

29st April 2014
Up Front Promotion
Representative Director
Ohama Minoru

I, Michishige Sayumi, will be graduating this year from Morning Musume '14 on the last day of 2014 autumn concert tour.
About two years ago when I became the leader, I've said I would like to [Return the favour to Morning Musume].
It is not just about the power of me, or being able to achieve 1st place consecutively on 5 singles.
What I feel is that through various activities, bit by bit, little by little, I have returned the favor.

And so, being able to consult Tsunku and the office, I am allowed to graduate at the timing of this year's autumn concert tour.
But there is still time left, there is still many things I would like to tell my juniors about and there are also things that I want to show them.
With all our fans and everyone, lets make memories.

And, from now on I think it is the real [returning the favor].
Morning Musume feels super super super good.
After my graduation, I would like to hand over to the next generation to continue.

Thank you for your support up till autumn.

29th April 2014
Morning Musume '14 Leader
Michishige Sayumi

Hello everyone, this is Tsunku.
I have been recuperating thanks to the current pace of work.
Now, though it is early but, today at Shunan City Cultural Center concert of Yamaguchi Prefecture,
Michishige herself, announced that as 6th Generation Member and also leader [Michishige Sayumi] will be graduating at this year's autumn concert tour.

She has a history of being in Morning Musume for 4118 days as of 29 April 2014, which is the longest in the group's history.
Also, the leader and members have achieved 1st place consecutively for 5 singles which has been recorded down.

6th Generation members have a precious presence in the group even in their greatest strength and success moments or when they are in their idle moments.
They have experienced both to be so valuable.
Michishige has actively played a part in many activities and in a lot of ways after becoming leader and rising back to her previous peak.(V-shape recovery)

Even though it is true that the group will only have the 9th Generation members and later and that they are still young and inexperienced, indeed there is a sense of fear.
And so, new members will be entering the group soon and surely everyone will be asking me about it too. But, before Michishige [comments and says a gag, "Alright! Today I am also cute!", I want to graduate being realistic and cute.]
Hence, [when the group heats and rises up (today) I want to graduate.]

For these two years, we have been talking in private to each other, this rockin' idea is something I really love a lot.
I hope it will continue in the future.
Therefore, because there are various recordings and other new activities going on, I think that this year is best timing for Michishige to graduate.
It has been decided that this autumn she will graduate.

The announcement of graduation was made last night is not to suddenly announce and surprise the other members and fans at the concert,
but rather to have consideration of Michishige, herself.
All the fans coming from Yamaguchi Prefecture, the announcement will be made to you during the live today.

Time till the graduation is not plenty nor is it short.

So far, all that has been achieved is a legend. Morning Musume is a legend.
Everyone, please give all your support to her graduation, thank you!

P.S,
Michishige Sayumi, leader of Morning Musume '14 wants those who would like to be a member of Morning Musume '14 to join now as we are recruting members now!
You still have time!
Please do join us! I am waiting!

29th April 2014
Morning Musume '14 Producer
Tsunku
Last edited by xxxmayuriin on Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="margin-left:240px;">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Perhaps we should use this thread also as a way to keep tabs on who plans on going to her graduation? I know I'm going to need every ounce if help I can get. Especially when it comes to getting tickets to the actual concert.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

She better get a really good graduation single.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I can't say I'm surprised.  But if you had told me I would be upset by Sayu's graduation even two years ago I would have laughed in your face.  But since she has become leader she has started to grow on me.  She's probably still in my bottom ten of all time but she might have even climbed above that (I would really have to sit down and think hard to figure that one out).  For someone who was in my bottom five for like 90% of her career that's a big deal.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I was sure they would have held off until 2015 for this. I wonder if the group's plateauing sales had anything to do with the decision to do it this autumn?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Obvious that going forward with this '14, '15 plan that any future graduations and additions will be done at the end of the year. 
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Trying to hold myself together as part of BBS conduct, but jesus fuck, I knew this would happen but I can't help being so fucking mad and sad and like feeling shitty over this ;A;

Sayuuuuuuu I'LL MISS YOU SO ;A;

NOW SAYUERI IS KINDA LIKE GONE FOREVER AND KNOW I'M SAD ABOUT ERI ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE JUST LIKE.

Oh well, I'll just have to move on the best I can, of course, like all of the other Chayu fans here, but, just... I know Momusu's singing abilities will also skyrocket, but just. I can't believe this just a tiny bit. I hope we'll still get to see lots of her. Someone who loves H!P as much as her has to stay around and visit them, I would think.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Tsunku's PS confirms we'll have the 12th gen by then even if they're not actively participating.

When does their fall tour normally end?
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

It really depends^

I remember Rival Survival finishing in early december, but Ai Believe in like, september?

I'm thinking more and more to plan a trip to Japan, I won't think I'll be there when the tour starts :\
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ai's tour only lasted for a month. It was oddly short but that was probably because of the 10th gen auditions.

2012 Fall ended on 12/15 and 2013 Fall ended on 11/28.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Aw, Sayu. :( Oh well, knew it had to happen some time. I hope her graduation concert is amazing.
Miss Moonlight
モーニング娘。

Post by Miss Moonlight »

I couldn't stand Sayu for most of her career, but damn did she grow into an awesome lady. The #1 thing I took away from seeing them perform through my opera glasses from the back of the third floor last fall was that I am super proud of her. I don't know when the tour is ending or where (I assume Tokyo), but if it's November I'll likely be in Japan anyway.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

You know, I had a really great day until I got home and logged onto H!O after 2 weeks to read... this  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot:  :cryalot: I think Haru put it best...
[quote="Haru"]
I can't properly express myself on H!O shouldn't have left here for moments like this

fucking jesus titty fucking christ dont do this shit sayu no
away i go agani goodbye friends
[/quote]
I'm done...

I am absolutely gutted that I won't be able to attend her graduation because I don't have the money. A graduation for such a person needs to be broadcast everywhere!
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Today was my birthday, what kind of gift is this? :(((

But everyone here already knew about this, but I even thought that she could stay for the 2015 spring tour.
Somehow I'm happy because for some reason I didn't wanted her to be 'related' with the 12th generation(? like in the same single), don't ask me why
And well, her graduation concert will be epic for sure, right? So we'll have a great show :(
Image Hey
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I wonder what her graduation outfit will look like.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>