Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

exedoreformo
Kenshuusei

Re: Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

Post by exedoreformo »

New member here, But longtime MM fan. Since around 2002. Even though I havent kept up much with the changes since 2009. When I found out they were coming to NYC, I bought my ticket and made sure I could go. Sayumi was the only member I recognized,  and she's incredible to see in person. Even though I didn't get on line early enough to buy a CD and get a handshake ticket.  Just being there and seeying them live was amazing, I never thought I would get such a chance. After the concert was over, I felt depressed, because I know, there might not be another opportunity to see them again. I really hope, they come back to the east coast sooner than later. The show was amazing, so entertaining. It's something I have never experienced in all the other various concerts I've been to.  It was just a different kind of environment, so much happiness everywhere. The love I saw from the fans, was incredible.  Their performance was so captivating, I am glad I was able to make it. Now if only Dream Morning Musume can come to NYC.

Here are two videos I shot at the concert. The first one is of the first 25min of the Concert, the second is of the Encore which is 16min long. 

I like the end of the Encore, Sayumi sticks her head out the edge of the side stage curtain to say bye to us, that were standing on the right side balcony.

http://youtu.be/i4KZ-IJIyF8

http://youtu.be/pXq9LozM66w
rokun
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rokun »

Al! Such great pictures! I wish mine were as good...

Don't post much here since I mostly hang around the b!p area, but I'm glad to have met at least Al and madara over the weekend. Actually spent a good part of a day hanging out with madara, which was a nice experience! 

[quote="sadude"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="180497" data-time="1412575548">
The whole thing was definitely one of the highlights of my fandom, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.
</blockquote>
Really? Even considering all the concerts you went to in Japan?

[/quote]

Having been to a lot of concerts in Japan myself, I have to agree with Al about it being a highlight of a fandom. Concerts in Japan are great of course, if for nothing more than their amount, but something like this is special at a whole other level. For example, Japanese fans are of course enthusiastic but this is almost an every day (or at least every week) occurring for them, so it doesn't come close to match that passion and enthusiasm from the foreign fans who are able to go to something like this. The girls create the environment, and you can bet they were doing their best to be at the top of their game themselves despite jet lag lol, but the fans are who make these events truly special.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="exedoreformo"]
New member here, But longtime MM fan. Since around 2002. Even though I havent kept up much with the changes since 2009. When I found out they were coming to NYC, I bought my ticket and made sure I could go. Sayumi was the only member I recognized,  and she's incredible to see in person. Even though I didn't get on line early enough to buy a CD and get a handshake ticket.  Just being there and seeying them live was amazing, I never thought I would get such a chance. After the concert was over, I felt depressed, because I know, there might not be another opportunity to see them again. I really hope, they come back to the east coast sooner than later. The show was amazing, so entertaining. It's something I have never experienced in all the other various concerts I've been to.  It was just a different kind of environment, so much happiness everywhere. The love I saw from the fans, was incredible.  Their performance was so captivating, I am glad I was able to make it. Now if only Dream Morning Musume can come to NYC.

Here are two videos I shot at the concert. The first one is of the first 25min of the Concert, the second is of the Encore which is 16min long. 

I like the end of the Encore, Sayumi sticks her head out the edge of the side stage curtain to say bye to us, that were standing on the right side balcony.

http://youtu.be/i4KZ-IJIyF8

http://youtu.be/pXq9LozM66w
[/quote]

Also at 14:30 Haruna comes around the curtain during the song to say hello to everyone :) Gaaah I love these girls, waving goodbye to everyone properly!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Since Rokun has joined the thread, I must add pix of our adventures on Saturday.

At the viewing party in the hotel room:
Kitaoji in back and Rokun in front; in between, L-R: John, Yu-chan, Mimi, Elaine

Trying to find the connection to put the HDMI cable from Kitaoji's laptop into the wall-mounted monitor:
Mimi had the smallest hands so she got the job. (And I won't repeat the dialogue used for this operation. :omg: )

Outside the New York Public Library on 5th Ave. and 42 St.: 
We even went inside. 

At the Hello! Party:

Rokun (5th from left) representing Team Riho in the Song Intro contest:

Madara representing Team Riho in the drawing contest:
One of my drawings:

Other MM-BBSers at Hello! Party:
Shoujo Q, Plum, Petit Melon

A table of free stuff:
I got a VHS copy of a 2001 Hello! Project summer concert that I didn't already have!!!

The TimesCenter dressed up for the occasion:

Our New York karaoke group:
That's Usako in front in the orange t-shirt.
The others are Imani, Noa, Josh, Phil, Sophia (and newbie Jean blurred on the left; sorry!)

Last edited by Madara on Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They posted the games for the Hello!Party. I like your monk Madara. haha.

Hello!Party 4 :: The Games
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
They posted the games for the Hello!Party. I like your monk Madara. haha.

Hello!Party 4 :: The Games
[/quote]

I can't remember how many seconds they gave us to do it. But it was pretty quick.

Last edited by Madara on Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Hey guys, some of you might remember JetReadyGo from back in the day (he runs Nihongogo now).  He scored a press pass, and while we sadly were unable to meet up thanks to shitty ass reception in the theater, he got some AMAZING photos of the girls:

http://nihongogo.com/2014/10/morning-musume-14-live-in-new-york-city-exclusive-coverage/
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Does anyone know of a setlist (in English) for the concert?

Thanks.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

On that Nihongogo article it had a setlist:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

1) ONE TWO THREE
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">2) Help me!!
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">3) Wagamamaki no mama..
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">4) MC
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">5) TIKI BUN
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">6) Wakuteka Take a Chance
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">7) The Matenrou Show
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">8) Brainstorming
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">9) MC
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">10) I Wish
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">11) Lalala no Pipipi
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">12) Shabondama
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">13) Kimagure Princess
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">14) Souda! We are Alive!
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">15) Love Machine
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">16) The Peace!
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">17) Renai Revolution 21
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">18) Password is 0
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">19) MC
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">20) Kimi no Kawari wa
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">21) WHAT IS LOVE ?
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">ENCORE
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">22) Toki wo koe Sora wo koe
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">23) MC
<p style="font-size:13.63636302948px;">24) HAPPY DAISAKUSEN
</blockquote>

rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="yuzu"]
Hey guys, some of you might remember JetReadyGo from back in the day (he runs Nihongogo now).  He scored a press pass, and while we sadly were unable to meet up thanks to shitty ass reception in the theater, he got some AMAZING photos of the girls:

http://nihongogo.com/2014/10/morning-musume-14-live-in-new-york-city-exclusive-coverage/
[/quote]

I remember him!! Too funny... didn't he make morningmusumeonline which linked here.... or am I all kinds of confused??
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="yuzu"]

[/quote]
I always wondered where he wandered off to (among some others)
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="rob"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="180645" data-time="1412863855">
<div>

[/quote]

I remember him!! Too funny... didn't he make morningmusumeonline which linked here.... or am I all kinds of confused??

</div>
</blockquote>

I think he did.  He was the one that led the mass exodus from JPop musc back in the day and started this BBS, but he left because he wanted to go in a different direction (fan generated content) and that is how nihongogo was born.
Kaori • Risako 

rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I thought so, that was a LONG time ago!!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Report on the concert on my blog:

http://madara-blog.livejournal.com/91524.html

I was going to put a bunch of pix from Hello! Party in it as well, but I had to cut it short when my LIveJournal and Flickr accounts both stopped allowing me to copy and paste pix at the same time. So if there's anyone here I took pix of but didn't already include, I'm sorry. But I think I got everybody, though.
Last edited by Madara on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Madara"]
Report on the concert on my blog:

http://madara-blog.livejournal.com/91524.html

I was going to put a bunch of pix from Hello! Party in it as well, but I had to cut it short when my LIveJournal and Flickr accounts both stopped allowing me to copy and paste pix at the same time. So if there's anyone here I took pix of but didn't already include, I'm sorry. But I think I got everybody, though.
[/quote]

Nice write up, any idea where I can see a video of all the MCs they did?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

As I feared...I spy TnB and myself in there a couple times.  Too bad they didn't interview us since I'm pretty sure we've both been fans longer than most of the people they interviewed.

I was feeling so bad for Erina and Haruna though. :(  I got happy when people started letting them film haha

It really was so much fun though. ;_;  That will definitely be a weekend I carry with me for a long time.
Kaori • Risako 

andrewmarlin
Juice=Juice

Post by andrewmarlin »

I really hope they have a DVD release of everything! I mean I am listening and watching the fan version, but still....next time they visit, I must go!!!
Magical Source...Mystic Force!!!!
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Concert on Dailymotion in full HD. Madara, they filmed you when you were taking a pic x) (21:15).
(the DVD (6th, from the top) is available on FC order since a few days)
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Rest assured that the DVD will be open for ordering on E-lineup's site, usually meaning that CdJapan will carry it as a special item.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I didn't watch the whole thing but TnB and I are around 1:45 in.  She looks gorgeous but it is not the most flattering angle of me haha
Kaori • Risako 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

The back of my head is pretty much the 11th member of the group during the performances. I pop up during Sakura's intro, and a couple of other times.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Concert on Dailymotion in full HD. Madara, they filmed you when you were taking a pic x) (21:15).
(the DVD (6th, from the top) is available on FC order since a few days)
[/quote]

That was when I first got there. I took pix of the marquee before I entered the theater. (I was the last one in and I still got the seat I wanted!) 

I didn't notice anyone filming, so this is quite a surprise. 

Here's one of the pix I took and the person visible on the left under the marquee is probably the filmer:

Last edited by Madara on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="181456" data-time="1414963652">Madara, they filmed you when you were taking a pic x) (21:15).</blockquote>
Madara keeps on representing. :thumbsup:

We watched half of it the other day, I really like how it's not just the concerts but actually a decent amount of their NY field trip. Makes it enjoyable to follow them around.

I just want to know who the hell came up with that introduction line for Kanon though, I didn't cringe this hard in the longest time. :facepalm:

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I just finished watching it. I saw Yuzu 4 or 5 times, as well as indirectly. (And look, TnB off to the side~)  Everytime I saw you, Yuzu, I screamed your name and it was actually almost more of a Spot-Yuzu concert than the video itself.

Other than that it was nice. It was more like a DVD magazine than a concert DVD, though.
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Oh man Thea you embarrass me.  ;_;  haha I haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing yet, been too busy getting ready for my trip next week.  Maybe I'll make Ryan watch it with me when I get back.
Kaori • Risako 

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I couldn't find a thread on the Morning Musume Spring 2014 Evolution concert, so I'll just use this one to mention my writeup on that concert in my latest blog entry. It's my favorite concert in a very long time. And I reevaluate my longtime affection for Koharu in it in light of the successful group dynamic that prevails in today's MM.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Not sure where to put this, but since we did the set list from the Oct. 5 concert at Karaoke last Saturday, I thought I'd post pix and video of that session here. All nine of us participating had been at the concert.

Here's video of our new friend Juliane doing the last song of the session, "Kiss Me Aishiteru":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR5YW30Hpl8

Here's a pic of me and Juliane doing "Wagamama ki no Mama Ai no Joke":

Here's Juliane and Kat doing another MM song, complete with the dances, but I forget which one:

Here's Juliane and Kat doing the MM song I like so much, [font=Times New Roman, serif;font-size:12pt]“Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe”[/font]:
I took some video of them doing part of the song, but it was ruined by someone else talking over it.

Imani and Ena (I forget which song):

The cake in honor of Sayumi (courtesy of Ena):

The whole group (minus me, taking the picture):
L-R: Tom, Steven, Ena, Imani, Kat, Juliane, Phil, Jeany

I also did two non-H!P songs: AKB48's "Iiwake Maybe" and Megumi Hayashibara's song from "Slayers The Motion Picture," "Midnight Blue."

Jeany picked a song in French, "La Vie en Rose," and I joined her on it. That was fun.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.