Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

kira
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume to Hold Concert on 10/5 in NEW YORK CITY!

Post by kira »

So, I'm doing the crazy thing and trying to do a one-day trip because I have classes I can't afford to miss the next day, even though my friends are telling me to skip classes altogether (I'm really opposed to the idea). I can get there easily, but does anyone have an idea of when the concert will end? I'm thinking I'll try to leave NYC at 8.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I'll be getting there Friday morning and I'm staying near JFK, then flying back that Monday.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

Are there any teenaged girls going who want to be my event buddy?  If we want goods and a good spot, it sounds like that is the best way to do things!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<div>I'm going to be with Miss Moonlight, Petit, Plum, TnB, Yuzu, ShinYuko and probably a few other people that no longer post here. (Putting screen names to real names is really hard for me. xD)</div>
<div>It's gonna be like old home week! lol!</div>

Also, if you haven't already. Hello!Party on Saturday!!!

I'm going to be working at the Hello!Party doing scrapbooking duties, cause you know I'm good at that sort of stuff. :girlie: 
It costs $15 to get in. Perfect place to meet other fans and make some new friends. Highly recommended unless you like just being anti-social and doing the whole line thing by yourself.

You can still get tickets here. They will be $20 at the door. 

Other that those two things I don't know what I'll be doing. I get into the city at 2 on Saturday. But I'll need to be at the Party at 5ish to help set up. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I would love to party, but I have a friends party plus I really can't spend the night in NYC.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="kira"]
So, I'm doing the crazy thing and trying to do a one-day trip because I have classes I can't afford to miss the next day, even though my friends are telling me to skip classes altogether (I'm really opposed to the idea). I can get there easily, but does anyone have an idea of when the concert will end? I'm thinking I'll try to leave NYC at 8.
[/quote]

The concert starts at 4. I'd give it maybe 2 hours max? That's a full concert, which I doubt they will do. I'm not sure how long their Naruchika concerts last, which is what I'm basing this concert off of because they are both in the live house style. Less than 2 hours maybe? That doesn't account for the handshake you may or may not want. If you don't then I think less than 2 hours would be your best bet. Which would get your out of the theater by at least 6ish? 
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I have a track meet on saturday at the other end of the province, so I'm driving alone to NYC on Sunday morning. :\
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

ANNOUNCEMENT from Sakura to New York

My heart can't take it....
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

Ah she did a good job! But damn are those goods dull-looking.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So the tracklist for the best album to be sold at the venues

"One Two Three to Zero"

• One・Two・Three
  • The Matenrou Show (The 摩天楼ショー)
  • Wakuteka Take a chance (ワクテカ Take a chance)
  • Love Innovation (Loveイノベーション)
  • Help me!!
  • Happy Daisakusen (Happy大作戦)
  • Brainstorming (ブレインストーミング)
  • Kimi Sae Ireba Nani mo Iranai (君さえ居れば何も要らない)
  • A B C D E-cha E-cha Shitai (A B C D E-cha E-cha したい)
  • Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke (わがまま 気のまま 愛のジョーク)
  • Ai no Gundan (愛の軍団)
  • Makeru Kishinai Kon'ya no Shoubu (負ける気しない 今夜の勝負)
  • Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa (笑顔の君は太陽)
  • Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai (君の代わりは居やしない)
  • What is LOVE?
  • Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe (時空を超え 宇宙を超え)
  • Password is 0
Last edited by Solarblade on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

My fangirling can't take it. Sakura was so cute, totally made my morning. It's going to be interesting to see how the other fair in their english. I'm especially looking forward to Masaki. xD

At least now we don't need to worry about CDs. I'm sure they have plenty. 
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

This made my day :heart:   I would buy the shirt, it's pretty boring but I like it, I could totally wear it places with out too much 'da heck is that'
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

OMG SAKURA IS SO CUTE. You could tell she was gaining confidence as she went along and then the poster was upside down and she was all flustered fhasldf SO CUTE
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I was crying over how cute that was last night.  It made me feel bad that I don't like the shirt, and don't collect towels, and am getting the CD with VIP.  Because I just wanted to throw ALL MY MONEY AT HER.
*(@#&(@#*$&(*@&39487
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Do we know how much the towels cost?
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yes, it said so at the end, $20. I'll add this here:

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I'm really tempted to ask one of you to get me a tshirt but I'm worried that the XL size won't fit me :(
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

If any of you sillies are going to the Morning Musume concert in New York, I'd kinda love for one of you to get me a t-shirt if I can paypal you dat cash LOL. I had no interest before but $20 makes it seem much more justifiable. I figured there'd be some insane mark up.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Wow I kind of want a t-shirt, but I don't think I'd ever wear it, not because it's not fashionable but because I wouldn't ever want to ruin it. :hahaha:

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="179666" data-time="1411278418">
<div>
[/quote]

The concert starts at 4. I'd give it maybe 2 hours max? That's a full concert, which I doubt they will do. I'm not sure how long their Naruchika concerts last, which is what I'm basing this concert off of because they are both in the live house style. Less than 2 hours maybe? That doesn't account for the handshake you may or may not want. If you don't then I think less than 2 hours would be your best bet. Which would get your out of the theater by at least 6ish? 

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm on an especially tight schedule because the bus I'm booking has their last trip from NYC back to Boston at 6pm. I imagine based on your estimations that I'd actually have to leave the concert early (around 5:30) and wouldn't be able to do handshakes at all, which is fine by me. Just being able to see them live is good enough for me honestly.

There is a later bus I could take, but the drop off point is pretty far away from the concert venue and my friends from NYC told me I shouldn't do it since I don't know the area very well... so I'm just going to take their advice on that.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The bus station is only a 6 minute walk from the theater. What bus are you taking that isn't at the bus terminal? 
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I really wish I could ask someone to pick up a shirt for me, but unfortunately, I'm already bumming money off of my brother for the Tiki Bun single so that might be a little impossible to get. But, if I do manage to get the money, would anyone want to pick me up a shirt if I PayPal you the money?
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

I would also like to ask if anyone could pick me up a towel (Mizuki's color) and a t-shirt (M size)? I can pay via Paypal.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I asked on Idol!Swap if anyone as going to volunteer to pick up shirts, but they said that people who go will be lucky to even get some things.... So I'd feel bad taking from them =(
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Why is that?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]
Why is that?
[/quote]

Hmmm? Why is what? :)
If you mean why wouldn't they be able to get some the person has said that the goods were limited
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

If I recall well, she said that she doesn't like the fact that some people will grab goods for absentees because if they (sellers) run out of stock, some people who would have come won't have any goods while absentees will be lucky and have some. Then someone wished they'll do like in FC event : no more than 2 of the same good per person.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I didn't realize they were limited. I mean, if you have ~2000 attendees you should be prepared is my thought, I suppose.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
The bus station is only a 6 minute walk from the theater. What bus are you taking that isn't at the bus terminal? 
[/quote]

My friend told me to take GoBus, which would do pick up/drop off at Riverside Station, and drops me off around there, but the last bus back is at 6.

I was looking at some other buses and they drop off in different areas, but they don't go to Riverside. The biggest sticking point is Riverside, because my friend won't pick me up if I get dropped off in Boston -- I have to consider that she has school needs too, and she's already doing me a favour by giving me rides.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

That sucks that Riverside only has one bus going to New York. I know they have Greyhound and Peter Pan there too, you'd think they'd branch out and offer rides from there? (Actually if they did I'd be all over that. Getting into South Station sucks when you're doing it by train, which is what I'm doing.) My only other viable option for you is using the Green Line to get to South Station. I know the trains stop around 1 so you'd need to leave New York around 6:30/7. Which is basically the same time you're leaving anyway. But at least getting into South Station would give you more bus options. Whatever you do, the best of luck.

As far as the goods are concerned. UF has always been stingy with the amount of goods they make. They'd rather make too few than too many. I bet they'll have plenty of CDs though. (*Still a bitter Anime Next Berryz Fan*)
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
tomelord
Kenshuusei

Post by tomelord »

No one wants to go with me to the Morning Musume concert, go figure.  I have an extra ticket that I am willing to part with for $25 dollars.  I will probably have to give it to you at the door at this point.  Contact me ASAP if you are interested. 
Last edited by tomelord on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.