[2014.07.30] Juice=Juice - Kaze ni Fukarete / Black Butterfly

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2014.07.30] Juice=Juice - Kaze ni Fukarete / Black Butterfly

Post by JPope »

I like Limited A best. Limited B is almost good -- great, even -- but for that enormous close up in the top right. It looks like the graphic designer got bored and just said "Fuck it. Done!" then went to create Tumblr memes.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ That could be said for a lot of H!P cover art lol

LE D is really nice though it would be nicer if everyone had equal space on the cover.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The Kaze ni Fukarete PV is Out/Up Whatever. Here it is.

Overall this is my least favorite Juice single. Though it wins as best visual and music video single. I'm very conflicted. xD

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

I really like the song, so no conflict here.  A beautifully made PV, which seems to be becoming more and more the norm.  The outfits are super cute, as well.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

WAS THAT H!P?!?!?!?!?!?!

Holy shoes that was AMAZING.  It almost even had a little storyline with the running.  And the paper airplane shot was fantastic.  Song was strong, only wish Tomoko had more lines, the colors, shots, setting, wow this looks like a pro actually did it.  AND THEY WENT OUTSIDE.  No green screen yay!

Still pinching myself.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

WHAT? Are you sure this is an H!P music video?
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

You young'uns need a history lesson.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The MV is undoubtedly done well, but overall I was under impressed and it didn't make me want to watch it more than once.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Black Butterfly radio rip, somehow we all missed this.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I hope the mv is mystical and as well-done as kaze ni...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="NekoKai"]
[/quote]

Had to go back seven years, did you. :tongue:

That song is really good, though. Actually their entire 3rd album is great, and I'm not much of a C-ute fan.

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping JJ would be H!P's T&C for a new era. Neither of these new songs do much for me.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I'm a bit worried that since this MV was good they blew the whole budget on it and the Black Butterfly MV might be kind of...derp.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

[quote="Star"]
I'm a bit worried that since this MV was good they blew the whole budget on it and the Black Butterfly MV might be kind of...derp.
[/quote]
^ always a valid concern.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Judging from this I don't think it'll be anything spectacular.

[quote="JPope"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="177615" data-time="1404829595">
<div>
[/quote]

Had to go back seven years, did you. :tongue:

That song is really good, though. Actually their entire 3rd album is great, and I'm not much of a C-ute fan.

Not gonna lie, I was really hoping JJ would be H!P's T&C for a new era. Neither of these new songs do much for me.

</div>
</blockquote>

I could have only gone back four years, but Kaze ni's MV reminded me a lot of Tokaikko Junjou's, so I figured it would be a better comparison.
<div> </div>
<div> </div>
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Late late late to the party, but I'm with everyone on how amazing it is, for H!P standards. Absolutely beautiful, everyone looked gorgeous!

Excited for Black Butterfly, I am! Hopefully it's darker-ish to match the outfits.

EDIT: I didn't see NekoNeko's link, so watched the BB preview!

Not as good as Kaze, IMO, but solid-ish on it's own.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

The MV totally gives out some Tokaikko Junjou and Aitai Aitai Aitai na vibe. I don't like the song very much because it sounds too much like Give me Ai (I love the song but I don't want a copied song). I wish they invested in Black Butterfly MV instead of Kaze MV.
Last edited by smtmissin on Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

The MV for Black Butterfly is on Hello!Station (Q said she'd start a new thread for the new H!S layout, which is why I'm posting it here).

It's better than I was expecting, the camera work is more artistic, it's nice.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I like the song a lot more now and the MV is kind of nice in its own way...but I cant stand the outfits anymore. They don't seem to fit the song very much and they look odd in the MV in ny opinion.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I still don't much care for the song in the least, but it could grow on me give a few more listens, but the MV is pretty. Yeah, the outfits don't blend in this MV, but I think by themselves, they're still pretty nice.

Me and Thea have noticed how much J=J's hairstyles always stay the same style (not length, obviously). I'd be nice to have a few variations here and there to "spice" things up.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I don't mind the song all that much. I could actually come to like it. I am starting to like it. However the same, predictable pattern Miyamoto - Kanazawa - Takagi - Miyazaki/Uemura and vice versa is getting really, really old. It's like the exact same pattern as Ijiwaru.

Other than that, the MV is just a glorified dance shot.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'm a bit disappointed with the song for the moment (I like some parts but the "whole" song didn't catch me ; it's like it's mysterious but only stay like that but maybe the end is different !) so I have big hopes for the 2nd A-side :).

And Arco, even if it might be a bit boring, in my opinion it's a bit better than big fails like we saw in the past x) (but who never tries won't get anything, that's sure).
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Meikochi, we already have the Kaze no Fukarete MV.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Juice=Juice will flop sooner or later as long as it continues to use Karin as center. An expressionless face as center is as good as suicide. Most of Juice Juice are bad with making face expression, but Karin is the worst, she can only pout.
Actually, 2 centers (Akari and Karin) are expressionless. But Akari has rooms for improvement, Karin, I hardly see that happen because of her bug eyes,
Last edited by smtmissin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I should have precise it, I prefer waiting for releases in Hello!Station :) (just to not be bored of a song before its releasing date, in case I don't like it so much ^^). So I didn't heard Kaze no Fukarete for the moment ^^.

smtmissin, try to look at Karin in Hajimete o Keikenchuu (even if I perfectly know that we only see what we want to see and it's hard to change our mind on something we strongly believe).
Last edited by Meikochi on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

Karin looks like the type of girl that would throw a crying fit if she isn't the center of a song.

I'm also getting a little sick of their formula. Akari and Yuka have proven on many occasions that they're just as capable as the other girls. Those two are also much more visually appealing to look at than the other three. Yuka in particular has really grown into herself.

This single blows.  :facepalm:
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I like this single a lot more than the last one (Hadaka was fine, but Arekore sucked). Black Butterfly is refreshingly different, although I can see why some might find it boring. The MV is pretty awful, though.

I'm happy with their formula myself. Karin, Sayuki, and Tomo do the bulk of the singing, Akari is pretty photoshoot girl who gets to be center for one of the songs regularly, and Yuka is the leader/spokesperson and gets more radio/TV stuff. Everybody gets to shine in one way or another.
Last edited by Banana on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I strangely haven't listened to Black Butterfly yet and I already forgot how Kaze no Fukarete goes.  I'll get more familiar with them next week when my dad is on vacation probably and make a decision then.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

The Kaze ni Fukarete PV preview on Hello!Station had some extra stuff at the beginning, it made me kind of giddy.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Kaze ni Fukarete PV is up on their official site now.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.