[2014.09.24] LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: [2014.09.24] LILIUM -Lilium Shoujo Junketsu Kageki-

Post by MejraThea »

Thank you! My mother is so glad she is telling me over and over again to tell you, Estrea, the other BBSers, as well as all the others who contributed that she is so grateful.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I jammed that down my brain as soon as it finished at 100%. Wow is all I got to saw about that. This has got to be without a doubt the best H!P musical they've ever done. 

Thanks for all the hard work subbing and timing this musical. It was worth the wait and of course I'll need to watch it again because I missed some stuff in the first run. 

<div> </div>
<div>So... can I have a S/mileage + Musume concert tour now? They can totally be the new gen Berrikyu! They worked so well together. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>Oh and my only complaint. Not enough Sakura.  :girlie:</div>
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

*Sees the link* YES!!! <3 I can't wait until work finishes!
*Sees my Tracker ratio*  :dammit: :dammit: :dammit:
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Well that was dark...
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Oh god, I have to wait 6 hours to download this.

EDIT: I started torrenting things from H!O when I didn't know how torrents worked so my ratio is kind of bad. I have a question though. The only thing you have to do to seed the files is to leave the torrent client open, right?
Last edited by star on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

I spent a good few weeks on timing and other technical work on the script, but I managed to avoid spoiling the show for myself completely. When I watched it in full for the first time, it still had enough power to hit me.

I was stunned by how Meimi completely outclassed and outshone everyone in the play - both in the acting and singing department. Damn, she would still continue to act when singing her parts. This girl surely has an acting career ahead of her. Just please, not in some wishy-washy TV dramas, but in more dramatic roles where she can take the lead and show her strength. Perhaps she's even more suited for the stage than the screen.

Kudo and Dawa I rank after her, they were almost but not quite as good. But the male role really did fit Kudo like a glove. As for Dawa, I was quite impressed with her singing voice there. Berry showed me some clips of her usual fare and it was all squeaky high-pitched voice. WHY? :wut:

The rest were either too minor or just ok. This unfortunately includes Riho - it's not that there was anything wrong with her performance, but compared to Meimi especially I'll concede that it was lacking a punch. Part of it is perhaps the character itself which did not really call for that much expression.

When timing the script, I really really wanted Ayumi to shut up already, she was hurting my ears. :lol:

And last but not least, I totally agree with Q that there wasn't nearly enough of Sakura. She did great for the very short time she actually took the stage.

I may ramble about the songs later, including Princess Marguerite which I instantly deleted from the playlist when we got the soundtrack, and which became one of my unlikely favourites after watching the actual show.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="181649" data-time="1415655895">EDIT: I started torrenting things from H!O when I didn't know how torrents worked so my ratio is kind of bad. I have a question though. The only thing you have to do to seed the files is to leave the torrent client open, right?</blockquote>
Yes, as long as you keep the client open after the download finishes, it should keep seeding the file. You should see the upload ratio for the file somewhere, as well as the current upload rate/speed. There are some network settings that may affect your upload and download speeds, but that would be better explained in the chat if you ever catch me there.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

OH MY GOD.
I don't know what else I can say about this. Its so dark and twisted and screwed up yet so beautiful at the same time. It has instantly taken STACYS spot as my favorite as it is way better, in songs, acting, and story.
That plot, though. WOW. I'm a bit confused on one little detail. Estrea mentioned there was a prequel to this somewhere I think. In my opinion there could easily be a sequel to this, revenge driven perhaps.

I LOVE Kudo as a boy; at some moments I had to remind myself that she's really a she. 
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

They announced that there would be more plays in the series. Seven total, I believe. I think the next one is another prequel, and the one after that is a direct sequel to Lilium.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

The Shoujo Kageki series? or a separate one?
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
TRUMP (2013): Story of Sophie Anderson
Lilium (2014): Story of Lily, and what happened to Sophie Anderson
SPECTER (2015):  Story of the conflict between humans and vampires, and the role of vampire hunters
Snow, Moon and Flowers (TBA): Direct sequel to Lilium
COCOON: (TBA): Story of how Raphel and Angelico became bitter enemies (characters in TRUMP)
OTHELLO (TBA): Story of young Lord Dali and his work with the Blood Agency and how Ul came to be born
FALSE OF VAMP (TBA): A three-parter series detailing how the first TRUMP created the first immortal vampires, and their eventual destruction.
</blockquote>
Credits to Estrea.

Also, Aine, if it is ok with you and the others I am working on converting it and splitting it into parts to put onto Dailymotion -- for those on H!O that are doing nothing but complaining.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

If anyone would be interested in doing a casted complete cover of all the songs from this play let me know because I would love to organize something after BBS Project '14 is done.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

If it can wait until January I would totally be in!
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="181687" data-time="1415760051">Also, Aine, if it is ok with you and the others I am working on converting it and splitting it into parts to put onto Dailymotion -- for those on H!O that are doing nothing but complaining.</blockquote>
Not really ok with me, but thanks for the note anyway. I'm sure if not you then someone else would have eventually done that, so whatever. :wut: But I hope you realise that by catering to entitled whiners instead of telling them to shut up you're only ensuring that they will whine some more in the future. :lol:

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yes, that is true. I have a feeling there will always be those ones that will whine, though.

Edit: The 720 HD kept, though.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Meimi stole the show. JFC I had goosebumps.

Riho was... well, Riho. Her acting at the end was cringeworthy but like aine said, she didn't have a lot to work with, emotionally.

Kudo CREEPED THE HELL OUT OF ME at the end. I'm pretty sure my dreams are going to be haunted by her screams.

Sakura's little storyline was wonderful and I wish she'd been featured more.

The costumes were gorgeous but like with Stacys, I found that with the Smileage and Juice-Juice girls who I wasn't familiar with (Except Meimi) it made it hard to learn their names/roles when they were all so similar in appearance.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Not trying to be rude or anything, but why don't you want it on sites like YT/Dailymotion (other than quality reasons)? Not everyone can use torrents.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I think it's more about giving in to them being whiny and entitled rather than the act of posting it.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Yup, exactly. The subbers don't owe these people anything--they're not being paid to do it and they do this on their own time and their own dime.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

They should be grateful that they even get a free subbed version in the first place.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Only tangentially related, but you guys need to watch the latest episode of Supernatural, "Fan Fiction." The plot revolves around an all girls high school putting on a musical about the first five seasons of the show, and it is GLORIOUS!
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

OMG Al let me talk about SPN with you all the time. We watched them filming a bit of this episode a few months ago and we were SO CONFUSED bc it was out of context... it was very cool seeing the finished product!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="181703" data-time="1415809640">Not trying to be rude or anything, but why don't you want it on sites like YT/Dailymotion (other than quality reasons)? Not everyone can use torrents.</blockquote>
Streaming sites ruin image quality -> People flock to streaming sites because it's convenient -> No one seeds the torrent and it dies soon -> Someone rips the show from streaming website and torrents it -> Rinse, repeat.

Quality-wise, it's a vicious circle. It's 2015 less 2 months, yet people act like they want the hell of N-th generation VHS copies to return. :lol:

What Al said is also true, by giving in to whiners you only ensure they will do nothing to fix the situation for themselves and whine again in the future. If someone really, really can't use torrents (and not because they ruined their tracker ratio by not seeding and can't be bothered to improve it), then I wish they at least asked to have it uploaded to Mega so they get the original file.

And lastly, although I know my personal feelings don't matter here and I'm trying to be stoic about it, we did put many hours of work into this release and when people insist on settling for an inferior copy it feels just a little bit insulting and a little bit more discouraging. But so far I'm managing to stay positive and to not think that some 90% of the audience would have lapped up and felt satisfied with a google-translated script over a 360p youtube rip. :lol:

But that's just rantings of a jaded old-time fansubber. Please move along and get back on topic. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
shii510
Kenshuusei

Post by shii510 »

Thank you for those that took the time to translating this musical :D I really enjoyed it and will probably watch it again knowing what happens at the end. 
I feel like everyone in the musical did a good job with acting and singing. Since the story was serious and dark, I kinda liked the light hearted bits in between and the 4th wall breaking to ease the tension for a bit. ^^
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="181687" data-time="1415760051">
Also, Aine, if it is ok with you and the others I am working on converting it and splitting it into parts to put onto Dailymotion -- for those on H!O that are doing nothing but complaining.
</blockquote>

Not really ok with me, but thanks for the note anyway. I'm sure if not you then someone else would have eventually done that, so whatever. :wut: But I hope you realise that by catering to entitled whiners instead of telling them to shut up you're only ensuring that they will whine some more in the future. :lol:

[/quote]

I have taken them down from Dailymotion and instead provided a torrent-free download link. I apologize for having not checked in advance.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="181747" data-time="1415929219">I have taken them down from Dailymotion and instead provided a torrent-free download link. I apologize for having not checked in advance.</blockquote>
Aw, thanks Thea, that's much better as far as I'm concerned. Didn't really expect you to go to the trouble, so I appreciate that a lot. =3=

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I want to thank you guys for subbing it and also Thea for providing a download link because I've really been anticipating this musical and my wifi quality here in China won't let me torrent so I was worried I'd have to wait until I go home in January to watch it.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Star"]
If anyone would be interested in doing a casted complete cover of all the songs from this play let me know because I would love to organize something after BBS Project '14 is done.
[/quote]

Star, you know I am so in on this.

And thank you Estrea for the subs! I haven't watched the subbed version yet but fully intend to with Ryan and then my best friends.  I would never have the patience for that haha.

Sakura and Kana were my favorites in this.  I was never much of a shipper but Sakana is my new OTP.  
Last edited by yuzuriha on Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I'll start organizing something for it probably at the beginning of the year, or right after BBS Project '14 is finished.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Star, I'd join.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="181753" data-time="1415959958">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="181747" data-time="1415929219">
I have taken them down from Dailymotion and instead provided a torrent-free download link. I apologize for having not checked in advance.
</blockquote>

Aw, thanks Thea, that's much better as far as I'm concerned. Didn't really expect you to go to the trouble, so I appreciate that a lot. =3=

</blockquote>

You are of course, welcome. I wasn't sure how to reply to this, so it's late. I always do my best to respect wished, and I am glad to have made you happier.  :joyful:
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
callirae
Kenshuusei

Post by callirae »

great play...my angel nakanishi kana did a stellar job.