[2014.10.29] 14 Shou ~The message~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2014.10.29] 14 Shou ~The message~

Post by Anderei »

I just cannot get on board with these outfits lol. They're so ugly and not in line with their usual style.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

If sexy could kill Sayu & Mizupon would be pure evil! <33333
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ShiroiChanUK" data-cid="181246" data-time="1414503213">
^ To me it would make more sense for the casual fans to buy the albums instead of the singles because not only do the albums feature all the previously released singles the price of the album pretty much equates to the cost of buying the individual singles. Not to mention all the extra songs they'd get as UFP don't release singles with B-sides anymore.</blockquote>Casual fans don't buy all the singles, if they hear a song they really like, they might buy it. It's approximately $10 vs $35. Also most people just like the main songs and don't care about the other ones so the album songs do nothing for them.

Same for all artists, you'll hear a song you really like on the radio by someone, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll like all their other songs and want to buy a full album.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I don't like much those outfits and make up, though Sakura, Duu, Riho and Sayumi are beautiful (and Masaki is just.. too childish for those outfits).
Last edited by Meikochi on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I scanned my clearfile.

Spoiler: [+]

Basically it's the image that's on the back of the Regular edition. And it's smaller than the clearfile that came with The Best.
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Debuted at 5, 3 sold 18k.

What they wore for the album release event:

They should have just worn the tour outfits.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

YAY!!!! I haven't done an album review of this magnitude since 2012. (Damn it's been that long since they released a studio album?)
  1. TIKI BUN (Album Version) :: It's always really hard for me to figure out what they changed in the album versions of a song compared to the original. The intro is longer? I can here the background Tiki Bun's much more clearer and the instrumental break has a bit of a different feel from the original. Other than that, not much different.
  2. Password is 0 :: This song really grew on me as a single. Not much else to add too it. 
  3. Asu wo Tsukuru no wa Kimi :: Compared to the first two songs, this wasn't what I was expecting when it started. I almost feel like this should have started the album. I mean, come on. That opening!  It's, high energy, high energy. Wait, hold up, I need to stop and tie my shoe, give me a moment. It's not a bad song, I just feel it's not placed in the right spot of the album. I missed songs that highlighted the girls singing, so I'm glad to see this type of song on the album. I adore the instrumental break, it's very, cinematic feeling.
  4. Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi- Sayashi Riho, Oda Sakura :: Anything with Sakura in it and I'm there. This is so much better than the last time they did their duet in the Help Me! single. I can't help but reminded of another song when I hear this song though, but I can't place it at the moment. But after awhile it started to become repetitive and it lost me.
  5. Koibito ni wa Zettai ni Shiraretakunai Shinjitsu - Michishige Sayumi, Fukumura Mizuki, Iikubo Haruna :: Aww, I like this song. I'm kinda glad it isn't overly robotic for Sayumi. Haruna and Mizuki work rather well with her. But i guess anyone could work well with her. Haha.
  6. What is LOVE? :: I love this song. It's necessary to know that, so I'm super happy they put it on this album.
  7. Watashi wa Watashi Nanda :: I like it, but I don't know if I love it? Might have to grow on me.  
  8. Waraenai Hanashi :: The opening of this song feels so very nostalgic of old Morning Musume. Renai Revolution come to mind. You know, the rap bit, someone knows what I'm talking about. While I like it, I feel this is the type of song that sounds 100 times better live. It feels low energy in the recorded version and I just know it doesn't sound that way when they perform it. This is the type of song you need to see live to enjoy. I hope this stays in rotation on their concert tours till we all get sick of it.
  9. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa :: And skip. (Well not really, but I wanted to get to track 11.)
  10. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai :: Oh, skip again. (I really don't like this song at all.)
  11. Otona ni Nareba Otona ni Nareru - Ikuta Erina, Suzuki Kanon, Ishida Ayumi, Sato Masaki, Kudo Haruka :: For me, the album ends here. The instrumental is fun. I like the spread of singing. I was expecting the usual, sing/rap. I was presently surprised that wasn't the case. This could easily be a c/w song. But they don't do those anymore. So I'm glad this is an album song.
  12. Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe :: Bye. While an amazing song, not the best choice to en an album on. But whatever, I guess it needed to go somewhere.

Overall, it'll go down as one of my favorite Morning Musume albums. So many new songs to listen too! It was well worth the wait. Only complaint, song order and I wish they'd not stuck the entire 55/56th single on this album making both of those singles obsolete and worthless. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Overall, those are really good shots and I cant remember the last time I saw this much effort put into covers and shots for an album.

Although a few of the girl look like they are staring at something that disgusts them.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Asu wo Tsukuru no wa Kimi is just.... mindblowing for me. I really, really, really love it. Instant classic for me.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

1. TIKI BUN (Album Version)  I really like albums to open with a strong new song ("How Do You Like Japan," "Songs") but sometimes you just can't deny that a previously released single is the best opener, and that's probably the case here. The subtle remix is nice if, well, subtle. I can honestly say that I like this song more as an album track than I did as a single. It just makes more sense, and it makes for a solid opener.

2. Password is 0  I think I liked this song a bit more than most when it was released, but I kind of wish it had been bypassed in favor of either "Joke" or "Gundan" -- and by that I mean "Gundan," as I place that song as one of the top two songs of MM's EDM era. But "Joke" is so clearly superior to "Password" to me that either would have make the album stronger. Also, leading off an album with two singles is just fucking lazy.

3. Asu wo Tsukuru no wa Kimi  Like Shoujo Q, I think this song is woefully out of place in the track order, and that the beginning really does lend itself to opening the album, but the song itself is a classic closer. I mean, come on. That chorus! It has a decided Golden Era feel to it, and would not feel so out of place on No. 5. It's a gorgeous song with a great arrangement, and probably my favorite of the new songs at the moment. I really can't believe they didn't close out the album with this.

4. Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi  Also like Shoujo Q, I think the overall track order is wack as fuck. This is a perfect number 2 track: upbeat with a bit of tension. I'm glad they didn't give a stereotypical "vocal" track to Riho and Sakura, because this song really suits Riho -- the lesser of the two singers -- to a tee. I like that they put her in a position to succeed.

5. Koibito ni wa Zettai ni Shiraretakunai Shinjitsu  I'm not a big fan of most super-cutsie songs, and this is no exception. The arrangement is kind of cool, though.

6. What is LOVE?  This song grew on me quite a bit since being released, and it plays well with the new tracks and overall feel of this album.

7. Watashi wa Watashi Nanda  I really like this a lot. Especially the dynamics in the verses, building from the slowly-sweeping-resonance-synth to the full on barrage of the chorus. This is another track with effective tension, and a certain 80s feel overall.  

8. Waraenai Hanashi  I like pretty much everything about this outside of the rapping. A good mix of blues-based and pop-based melodies over a strong dance beat and arrangement.

9. Egao no Kimi wa Taiyou sa  I always liked this song, but it really feels out of place on this album.

10. Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai  Unlike Shujou Q, I love this song. My favorite from the "Egao" single.

11. Otona ni Nareba Otona ni Nareru  Super upbeat and catchy chorus, although a bit reminiscent of past H!P tracks.

12. Toki wo Koe Sora wo Koe  An all time classic for me. As with most of the songs here, I would have placed it elsewhere in the order, but it certainly feels comfy next to the other songs here.

This is a very strong album. It will take some months before I dare to rank it against my favorite MM albums, but I suspect it will place rather high.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

What is this crazy rock music?

now to figure out how to make the best 15 seconds of mm music into my ringtone...
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Whoops I put this in the wrong thread

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="181354" data-time="1414649467">Release event At the end they even asked Sayu about Yaguchi and Kago... :nono: Riho's face was scary... :ph34r:</blockquote>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ You could tell she was really trying to keep smiling but she was still noticeably angry. I was half expecting her to kick off.

Here's the release footage from Oricon :)
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Oh geeze, she had that "I'm two seconds away from skull fucking you if you don't shut up" face. What exactly did they ask?
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

^ I don't know but I'm guessing that they were asking what they thought of Aibon's scandal and if and/or how much Marippe's scandal will effect her chances to have a successful re-debut in the entertainment industry.
aisasami
こぶしファクトリー

Post by aisasami »

Before Mari announced that she was coming back, she mailed Michishige. Mari said that she is cheering on Morning Musume. Michishige was really happy to get a message from Michishige and to see her on TV (because Mari was Michishige's favorite). The reporter then asked what was in the message (as if he didn't listen to it). And Michishige said "I just now said that (laugh)" and retold what in the message, adding that the members were happy to hear from Mari

As for Kago, Michishige doesn't know much about what is happening (she didn't really hear about it before). But, she wishes good luck to Kago with dealing with the scandal.

Mizuki's face when the reporters were asking about the Kago scandal was interesting. Was that a mix between curiosity and anger?
Last edited by aisasami on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="aisasami"]Mizuki's face when the reporters were asking about the Kago scandal was interesting. Was that a mix between curiosity and anger?[/quote]

Thanks for the accurate translation !

I thought the same as you when I saw Mizupon's face. I think she also felt bad for Sayu who had to answer to that question and wondered how she would.

Last edited by Meikochi on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]

1. Kirari to Hikaru Hoshi- Sayashi Riho, Oda Sakura :: Anything with Sakura in it and I'm there. This is so much better than the last time they did their duet in the Help Me! single. I can't help but reminded of another song when I hear this song though, but I can't place it at the moment. But after awhile it started to become repetitive and it lost me.
[/quote]
I wonder if you're thinking of Martin Garrix's "Animals" beause those verses seriously sound like that song lol.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Weekly rank is 7 with 22,872. It's an increase but still not very good.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="181480" data-time="1415040610">I think she also felt bad for Sayu who had to answer to that question and wondered how she would.</blockquote>
I think it's interesting how they basically threw them to the lions (i.e. tabloid media) and let them answer unvetted questions without any backup. They obviously trust Sayu enough that she will be able to handle herself in this situation. Her leadership really shone there.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="181480" data-time="1415040610">
I think she also felt bad for Sayu who had to answer to that question and wondered how she would.
</blockquote>

I think it's interesting how they basically threw them to the lions (i.e. tabloid media) and let them answer unvetted questions without any backup. They obviously trust Sayu enough that she will be able to handle herself in this situation. Her leadership really shone there.[/quote]

And she did well : she didn't even show surprise, anger, stress and answered well.

Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aisasami" data-cid="181473" data-time="1415026935">
<div>Mizuki's face when the reporters were asking about the Kago scandal was interesting. Was that a mix between curiosity and anger?[/quote]

I thought the same as you when I saw Mizupon's face. I think she also felt bad for Sayu who had to answer to that question and wondered how she would.

</div>
</blockquote>

She'll need to figure it out real quick if she gets chosen as leader, since they seem to do a lot of talking... Unless someone else would be able to cover for her in questions like that. I remember hearing Mizuki not really knowing how to answer some awkward/embarrassing questions on radio/tv, too XD
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I can't stop replaying Waraenai Hanashi and I have to wait months and months to see the live perf. on the DVD :(
This and Watashi wa are my favorite
Image Hey
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

They are showing the current tour on Nov. 26 in theather/live viewing, so it might not be that long.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

There's very little chance we'd see the live viewing theater footage, but they'll most likely have the uncut footage on a USB stick deal that they've done for the last few graduations. Also, her graduation concert is going to be shown as a TV special, so that would almost certainly appear online.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Uff then I just have to wait a few weeks and hope we're all lucky and get to see that live special
If we get just a few of the songs then I hope it's some of the new ones, because we don't need to see ANOTHER perf. of 1·2·3
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kind of surprised at the lack of interest in this album.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I'm waiting for mine to listen to it ^^.
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="181587" data-time="1415418892"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="181480" data-time="1415040610">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aisasami" data-cid="181473" data-time="1415026935">
Mizuki's face when the reporters were asking about the Kago scandal was interesting. Was that a mix between curiosity and anger?</blockquote>

</blockquote>

She'll need to figure it out real quick if she gets chosen as leader, since they seem to do a lot of talking... Unless someone else would be able to cover for her in questions like that. I remember hearing Mizuki not really knowing how to answer some awkward/embarrassing questions on radio/tv, too XD</blockquote>

This is why I'm hoping they'll choose Haruna. Mizuki may be more experienced but Haruna is better at talking.
Formerly Mizura