S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

Post by Anderei »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.com/news/2047/">htt ... s/2047/</a>

They'll be from Kenshuusei. This sucks, the current lineup is really great and I don't want S/mileage to be like MM.

It was Ayaka and Kanon's idea, and apparently Tsunku didn't know about it until recently.

Oh, and they're also changing the group's name.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Re: S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

Post by al kusanagi »

Dammit, this post goes up as I'm literally typing my post about this news...

Basically, Eggs will be added to the group and the name will be changed. It sounds like the name will be chosen by the fans via a contest of some kind. Also, the reason this is happeneing is because they want the group to be able to carry on when the original members leave, which sounds suspiciously like graduation announcements are coming soon.
Last edited by al kusanagi on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Dawa said just last month she wants to leave at 25 so I hope not.

UGH. I hope they at least get one of the better Kenshuusei.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

This is really sudden and I'm not sure how I feel about it. But if it's just eggs at least we already know them.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

This is shocking.  I think the name change bothers me more than the new members.  I imagine Ayaka and Kanon will graduate at the same time, probably in 2016 at the earliest.  Unless of course they decide to graduate with the S/mileage name.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

not pleased. not pleased at all.  Then again I was not pleased when 2nd gen auditions were announced and now I love Kana and Meimi.  But...changing the name is like the worst to me.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="179774" data-time="1411566128">
I think the name change bothers me more than the new members.
</blockquote>

This. I feel the same.

I guess I don't find auditions so shocking anymore.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm not shocked at all. I wondered about the same thing (Ayaka and Kanon graduating) since 2nd gen auditions and figured something like this would come.

I like how they're taking members only from KSS. It fits them well since most of their members are from there. Their name will probably just change like MM'14, or Momoclo Z.

I'm thinking that Hamaura Ayano or Tanabe Nanami might get in. Since I don't have an attachment to the group anymore (like with 4nin) adding new members is cool with me now.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Why do they change the group's name 5 years after its debut? It's stupid, MM fans freaked out when they just added 2 numbers to the group's name
And I didn't know S/m was supposed to be a rotative group :( Then I hope Kanon and Dawa stay around until 2016 or so

Oh and for AYANO the new members, AYANO if S/mileage is about AYANO cuteness then HAMAURA AYANO PLEASE
Last edited by Derby on Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I don't mind the addition, it's not that bad and not original. I knew some group besides MM. Would do it. But that name change, if they drastically change it, it's not good.

After thought. Maybe they're all going to become '14/'15/etc.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="179780" data-time="1411569739">
It's stupid</blockquote>

This is the answer to all your questions.
cadmonkey
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by cadmonkey »

I'm surprised.  I really thought this was going to be another overhyped announcement.

But it makes a lot of sense IMO.  Ayaka and Kanon won't be there forever, so it's best to add new members now while they can learn from their seniors.  Plus, there's a large amount of talent in Kenshuusei right now, so it'd be a waste to not take advantage of that.

The name change is what's confusing me.  If they want new members so that the legacy of S/mileage will live on past the first generation, changing the name sounds like the last thing you'd want to do.

Oh, and of course this and the MM 12th generation audition results will be announced while I'm on vacation. :confused:
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Then what the hell are you going on vacation for?  :noway:    I kid, I kid.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Maybe S/mileage will be written in kanji.

F/rownage

Smileage (no slash)

S/mileage+
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

After thinking about it for a while (and reading everyone's blog announcements) I can kind of understand the name change.  The original S/mileage was supposed to be four members, but then Saki and Yuuka graduated after only two years, and if Ayaka and Kanon are graduating soon, then it'll be an entirely new group.  So I guess it's kind of like they're cleaning the slate without having to start from scratch.
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="NekoKai"]
After thinking about it for a while (and reading everyone's blog announcements) I can kind of understand the name change.  The original S/mileage was supposed to be four members, but then Saki and Yuuka graduated after only two years, and if Ayaka and Kanon are graduating soon, then it'll be an entirely new group.  So I guess it's kind of like they're cleaning the slate without having to start from scratch.
[/quote]

Yeah but marketing wise (in a way to attract general audience, not wota), it's not really a good choice. I don't know.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Never was a fan of Ayaka and Kanon but this news makes me feel so sad. All these changes happening and members graduating are not good for my heart. At least more kenshuusei will have a chance to shine and I'm thrilled about that.

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Honestly, this news doesn't surprise me. There were rumors about this happening for a while, but changing the name JUST NO. I don't want it to be called something stupid like S/mileage '14 or something.
Formerly Mizura
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Kalle »

S/mileage '15? /shoots self
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Someone on jplop is saying the current name might have been registered by someone else.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

[quote="Mizura"]
Honestly, this news doesn't surprise me. There were rumors about this happening for a while, but changing the name JUST NO. I don't want it to be called something stupid like S/mileage '14 or something.
[/quote]

Since they're taking suggestions from fans, it doesn't seem as though they'll do something small like that.

[quote="AquaChan"]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NekoKai" data-cid="179793" data-time="1411576707">
<div>
[/quote]

Yeah but marketing wise (in a way to attract general audience, not wota), it's not really a good choice. I don't know.
</div>
</blockquote>

That's true.  I honestly can't think of anyone who completely changed their group name once they were already fully established, so I'm not sure what effect this will have.
Last edited by NekoKaiSai on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Well.. If new members only come from Kenshuusei, I think it's a good idea because many of them are talented and need to debut.
But concerning the change of name, I'm really dubtious.. But we'll see. If it's something like '14, I won't care (it's useless though) but I agree that marketing wise, a real change may be a bad idea.
Campy <3 !
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

Name change is dumb. New members could be good. Could be bad. I'm not sure who I want to be added. A little while ago, I would've said Ayano because she's perfect for S/mileage, but S/mileage isn't the super cute squirrel voice group that it was before. They have a more mature image now, so I don't know. As for who I don't want... S/mileage doesn't have like the greatest vocals ever, but there's nobody in the group who is really bad anymore. And I like that. There are several KSS who could really mess that up.

I can't believe we'll be getting new MM members and new S/mileage members in the same week. Crazy stuff. 
Last edited by Banana on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I'm rooting for Nanami to debut in either smileage or MM.

Also, does anyone else feel it will be hard to stop calling them smileage?
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'll find out what the name is first, but I'm still  probably going to call them S/mileage. There are just some things that I won't do. 
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

"And now for Suki-Chan by S/Milea.... BonaBono!"
"A stage at Budokan for the new S/mi---H/appy tour!"
"I'm Tamura Meimi, second generation member of S/mileag-- I mean Berryz Koubou!"

Edit:

Ayaka's comments on Hello!Station:
"When we debuted we were a four person group... Then the second generation came in and we had the other two graduate. Now we've been a six person group for a while. The six of us managed to perform at Budokan.... But, after all, we thought that we want to evolve even more. In some usual conversations, we've noticed that the second generation gets nervous. And so it made us older members think "what if we weren't here for them? How would they move on?" When we talked about that, we decided that it was better to evolve into a bigger and better group. We think it's a good idea. So the two of us asked the staff, and we rolled over thoughts all together (staff and us.) And we came to a decision."

Kanon: "Yes, all the new members will be from the Kenshuusei Eggs. Just like Morning Musume, we'd like to evolve slowly over time. We think that'd be a good group. When the new members come in.. Of course we'll still be the oldest. But we think it will be a good learning experience for the second generation. And so we decided. 

Ayaka: "And the change of name... When we performed at Budokan, that was "S/mileage"... But when new members join, we think it's an important start, and that the name change prompts that. It sets new goals. We hope that with the ever-growing evolution, there will be ever-growing experiences, and that they'll be able to do things "S/mileage" can't. That they'll be able to be at Budokan again. Please work hard."
Kanon: "We decided to announce this difficult decision on Hello!Station. Please check out the site. "

--Reveal--

Ayaka: The two of us have something we'd like to tell everyone about.... We'll have a third generation joining us. (Fucking Rinapuu's face is priceless.) 

Meimei: Eh, really?
Kana: Really?
Kanon: We'll also be changing the group name from S/Mileage. S/mileage will stay S/mileage. We consider the past 5 years to be S/mileage. To be honest, when Saki left we considered breaking up, and thought a lot. We were of course so happy to perform at Budokan as S/mileage. But, after all, 
Ayaka: The second generation has been going on as always, and after the name change you are able to continue (as leaders [some point]), it would become something like Morning Musume. We think that's a good idea. 

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

They should just change the name every generation that joins. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I feel like I should be more upset about the addition of new members. But I'm not. There are a bunch of trainees just waiting for the chance to shine and I think they will do well in S/mileage.
I'm more upset about the name change. I love S/mileage. I love their logo and the name itself. 

I can see why they want to do this. Berryz never changed and instead stayed the same and then, they'll be gone forever in hiatus-ville, only to come back for special appearances and maybe an anniversary or two. C-ute will probably end up the same way given a few years and both of their discographies will lay to waste in the backlogs of future H!P concerts where Morning Musume will continue forever. At least now we'll have two ever changing groups instead of one. I just hope S/mileage can pull themselves together after the change (and name change) to grab the attention of the general public. 

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I have been wondering for a while. Is 2nd generation so unpopular that the group will come to an end once Ayaka and Kanon graduate? I thought they have good voice, and they are cute and charismatic enough, especially Akari IMO.....

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It would hurt them but just like everyone else, it's not like they couldn't continue on.