S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

mrsross
モーニング娘。

Re: S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

Post by mrsross »

I'm not here for the name change. I'm kinda ok with new members, even though it would've been nice if Kanon or Ayaka leave, we could've had some similarity of the original 4 S/mileage with the 2nd gen members. But I guess that's one of the reasons why they're doing this in the first place. They don't want people to be mainly thinking of the 1st gen when we finally see a 2nd gen only S/mileage performing.
cadmonkey
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by cadmonkey »

[quote="Thea"]
Then what the hell are you going on vacation for?  :noway:    I kid, I kid.
[/quote]

:crying:

I actually had a dream last night that the announcement would be that Ayaka is graduating, and that they're going to add Wada Sakurako, Makino Maria, and Inaba Manaka to the group.  Then I woke up and thought about how ridiculous that scenario would be.  (I'm writing this here in for the slim chance that this actually happens and I can begin to develop my latent clairvoyant powers.)

For some reason I'm way more interested in this than I am about the 12th gen. announcement.  And I'm not even a very big S/mileage fan.
Last edited by cadmonkey on Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't know about the other two, but Maria's kind of awful at singing and I have the same worry that Banana does lol. I'd rather they not put her in.

I think you're more interested in this because you already have a full list of potential candidates, whereas MM's 12th gen might just end up being random girls no one knows anything about yet.

Edit: Wait, no, Sakurako is the one who can't sing. I'm not sure about Maria but I'm going on instinct and guessing that she's not so great herself.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179844" data-time="1411622512">
Edit: Wait, no, Sakurako is the one who can't sing. I'm not sure about Maria but I'm going on instinct and guessing that she's not so great herself.
</blockquote>
Maria's decent. Nothing special, but decent.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I'd say she's pretty bad, lol.
Last edited by Banana on Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

Shrug.  They should've done this with the 2nd gen if that was the plan. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Banana" data-cid="179846" data-time="1411639029">
I'd say she's pretty bad, lol.</blockquote>
Well I wouldn't say she's good, but there are several KSS who are much worse, so in comparison to them I call her decent.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I understand, but when I'm talking about how good or bad someone is, it's in relation to current, official H!P members. It's also important to remember that most (not all, but most) of the kenshuusei who are much worse than she is have been in the program for less time. That being said, if a bad singer has to be added, I'd like it to be her. She's very pretty and popular, so that would be good for the group. 
Last edited by Banana on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Please no Ruru in S/Mileage.... Please tell me she's in the 12th gen MM (or solo) and not 3rd gen S/Mileage Q_Q_Q_Q_Q

Also-- I wonder if they will sing now "old" suma songs and say they're by s/mileage or the new name?

I really would like to avoid having the group have to start *all* over
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol Ruru is never going solo. I don't want her in S/mileage solely because I think she's not cute, though.

I can't see her in MM either. I don't think she'd be popular and they aren't going to have two main vocalists with small fanbases.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Sakurako is going into Morning Musume so I can have my Cherry Blossom Birthday dream party with her and Sakura. (They both have a birthday very close to each other.)  :puppyeyes:

There's a straw poll on Jplop for who they want to be in. It's pretty much a carbon copy of the 2nd Gen Trainee wishlist, minus Karin and Sayuki. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
lol Ruru is never going solo. I don't want her in S/mileage solely because I think she's not cute, though.

I can't see her in MM either. I don't think she'd be popular and they aren't going to have two main vocalists with small fanbases.
[/quote]

I don't think she will either, but you never know! She was voted first place at their last recital by fans for her Memory Seishun no Hikari. She can sing and dance so it's not completely out of the question, hahaha.... I don't think she'll be put in S/mileage, though. She doesn't seem to fit the image that much--but if they're changing who knows... She just might fit their new image?
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

New members...no.
New name...no.

The new members, depending on who they are, might be ok, but definately not a name change unless its just something minor like MM's.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Allegedly, the current name is trademarked by someone else. If it's true, then it's not going to be a small change lol
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Why would they not trademark their names in the first place? That doesn't make sense to me. I assumed that H!P/UFP had sole ownership of all the group names.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Not sure if this is it but I know a frozen yogurt company has "smileage" cards.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Menchies? They have locations in Japan, I think, but I don't think that would be it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mukuro"]
Not sure if this is it but I know a frozen yogurt company has "smileage" cards.
[/quote]

So does Solare Hotels: http://www.solarehotels.com/en/member.html
cadmonkey
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by cadmonkey »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179844" data-time="1411622512">
I think you're more interested in this because you already have a full list of potential candidates, whereas MM's 12th gen might just end up being random girls no one knows anything about yet.
</blockquote>

That's probably it.  I get to look over the possibilities and be bitter when my favorites don't make it (although most of my favorites made it in 9th, 10th, and 11th gen, so I've been pretty lucky).

They should call the group the No Wadas Club, and have Ayaka graduate and simultaneously add Wada Sakurako.  Because they're allowed to have one.
Last edited by cadmonkey on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I think the name change screams that Kanon and Ayaka want to leave but don't want a "S/mileage" to exist without them in it.

I think Kanon and Ayaka will be gone this time next year.

H!P to announce Saki and Yuuka to return and join Kanon and Ayaka as a new 4 piece???? 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="rob"]
I think the name change screams that Kanon and Ayaka want to leave but don't want a "S/mileage" to exist without them in it.

I think Kanon and Ayaka will be gone this time next year.

H!P to announce Saki and Yuuka to return and join Kanon and Ayaka as a new 4 piece???? 
[/quote]

I completely agree... I think they never got over the idea of "S/mileage" without Saki and Yuukarin. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

As if they really have any say in the name of the group.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Anderei"]
[/quote]

Wasn't tsunku quoted as not knowing anything about it?

I've always felt that the girls in H!P have a lot more control in things like most other idol groups. Sayumi often talks about attending meetings with management.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="rob"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179888" data-time="1411715393">
<div>
[/quote]

Wasn't tsunku quoted as not knowing anything about it?

I've always felt that the girls in H!P have a lot more control in things like most other idol groups. Sayumi often talks about attending meetings with management.

</div>
</blockquote>

Tsunku knew about it, just not until it was decided it was already happening. It's not like he just found out the day it was announced.

And if it's as everyone says, that after three whole years they, like many annoying fans, can't get over the fact that 4nin are gone, maybe they should have done something about it.... three years ago.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

yeh, well that's exactly what I'm saying, the name change is all about the fact that they can't / couldn't let go of the past.

(my previous comment was tongue in cheek btw, I know the old s/mileage are never coming back ;) )
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I still think the trademark thing makes more sense. There's really no good reason to change the name, possible feelings included.
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

I agree, which is why it throws up the danger signs of Kanon and Ayake leaving, they've worked so hard to get the name S/mileage out there, just to change it now?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Well they've been in S/mileage for 4-5 years, and have been in eggs for even longer (I think). It wouldn't be odd if they graduated sometime in the next 2-4 years. That's enough time to get the 3rd gen established, and possibly add a 4th gen.

Another new name... S/milegeneration.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="179888" data-time="1411715393">
many annoying fans, can't get over the fact that 4nin are gone</blockquote>
Hey :P
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I understand adding new girls - once Ayaka and Kanon leave, they'll only have four members, and H!P has always leaned more towards bigger member counts, with groups like Melon Kinenbi and v-u-den being far and few ever since they killed off the subgroups like Tanpopo, Pucchimoni, etc.  This new name business however, is completely nonsensical and gimmicky as hell and the "trademark" reasoning makes no sense to me.
Last edited by Farrah on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

If there is indeed a trademark issue, it's not that hard to understand. It's entirely possible that such an issue is what's driving everything here, including the audition for new members.