S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Re: S/mileage 3rd gen coming 10/4.

Post by Purin-chama »

Yes!!! I've been waiting for Murota to debut! And when did Nanami quit??
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="180378" data-time="1412430016">
I was really kind of hoping Rikako would go to a new group. I'm not an avid fan of her because I gave up on that when Rie quit, but I figured they'd use her decent sized fanbase to launch a new group. But S/mileage really does need another vocal because Kanon and Meimi are really the only ones with good voices. Rina's okay, and I can't stand goat chan, and the other two are unfortunately pretty useless.
</blockquote>

Kana and Dawa are passable these days. : (

[/quote]
Yeah they are. I know not anyone can sing solo but this is not very pleasant to listen to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_g7AkqK1J4

Last edited by smtmissin on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I haven't heard anything about her leaving.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I was actually surprised at how much many foreign fans seem to like Rikako. I know Japanese people have a thing for half, but I thought what foreign fans like about Japanese idols is their Japanese look. Rikako doesn't have much of a Japanese beauty.  She is pretty in a non-Japanese way. Some of my friends had a similar look to Rikako (actually she even kinda looks like my mom) so I really can't idolize her, she just looks normal, non-exotic to me.
Last edited by smtmissin on Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think Al meant Yoshihashi Kurumi and not Nanami
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="180395" data-time="1412438285">
I was actually surprised at how much many foreign fans seem to like Rikako. I know Japanese people have a thing for half, but I thought what foreign fans like about Japanese idols is their Japanese look. Rikako doesn't have much of a Japanese beauty. She is pretty in a non-Japanese way. Some of my friends had a similar look to Rikako (actually she even kinda looks like my mom) so I really can't idolize her, she just looks normal, non-exotic to me.</blockquote>

A lot of foreign fans like her because she appeared on TV a couple of times before debut so people thought that made her a big deal.

She actually did become a model for a magazine recently. It's not high fashion or anything but no one else in H!P has that kind of gig.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Anderei"]

She actually did become a model for a magazine recently. It's not high fashion or anything but no one else in H!P has that kind of gig.

[/quote]

? Haruna and Erina were models before Momusu as well.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="180395" data-time="1412438285">
I was actually surprised at how much many foreign fans seem to like Rikako. I know Japanese people have a thing for half, but I thought what foreign fans like about Japanese idols is their Japanese look. Rikako doesn't have much of a Japanese beauty. She is pretty in a non-Japanese way. Some of my friends had a similar look to Rikako (actually she even kinda looks like my mom) so I really can't idolize her, she just looks normal, non-exotic to me.
</blockquote>

A lot of foreign fans like her because she appeared on TV a couple of times before debut so people thought that made her a big deal.

[/quote]
I think it's mainly that she was in another idol group prevoiusly and her backgroud story that boosted her image. And the fact the she was a single generation who was added out of nowhere.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="smtmissin"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="180397" data-time="1412439836">
<div>She actually did become a model for a magazine recently. It's not high fashion or anything but no one else in H!P has that kind of gig.[/quote]

? Haruna and Erina were models before Momusu as well.
</div>
</blockquote>

Oh, Erina was, too?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="smtmissin" data-cid="180399" data-time="1412441014"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="180397" data-time="1412439836">

</blockquote>? Haruna and Erina were models before Momusu as well.</blockquote>Other than Rikako, there is no one in H!P who is currently a contracted model. Eripon's modeling career was not very extensive, by the way.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I'm pretty sure wota said Nanami hasn't been at recent events. She's at the age where her parents probably want her to concentrate on school. She's been screwed over so many times and it doesn't look like they're ever going to do anything with her despite being one of the most popular Eggs.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

It's really heartbreaking that nanami hasn't debuted yet.. I hope that if a new group is made next year she can be a part of it.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I thought maybe Rikako would get into S/Mileage after she wasn't put into MM, but at the same time I wasn't expecting it, hahaha. It's going to take time to see how she will fit in there. 
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

I didn't expect this at all. But I'm happy with it. I've never heard Maho sing, but Murota is pretty good and Rikako isn't bad. Murota and Rikako are also two of the best dancers in the KSS, and Maho has done ballet for many years, so she should be good, too. And all three are cute (although, Maho's teeth make her look a bit goofy). So... pretty nice. I'm so relieved that they didn't add anybody that I dislike. And there are a lot of KSS that I don't like.  

I've seen people saying stuff like "I hope Rikako lives up to the hype," which makes me a little nervous. She's really not much of a singer, so I hope people aren't expecting her to be great or anything like that.  :unsure:  If people start hating on her because they feel she hasn't delivered, it's going to be really annoying. 

Last edited by Banana on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think I already like Maho, because she kinds of look like Miss A's Suzy, and I like people who reminds me of people I like...
Image Hey
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="smtmissin"]
She is pretty in a non-Japanese way.
[/quote]

Having seen her for the first time today, I have to say no, not at all.

No offense to your mom. lol
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<div>
She is pretty in a non-Japanese way.
[/quote]

Having seen her for the first time today, I have to say no, not at all.

No offense to your mom. lol

</div>
</blockquote>

Haha no hard feeling. My mom is prettier (from both my subjective and many other objective points of view). 
Last edited by smtmissin on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Banana" data-cid="180408" data-time="1412450847">
I didn't expect this at all. But I'm happy with it. I've never heard Maho sing, but Murota is pretty good and Rikako isn't bad. Murota and Rikako are also two of the best dancers in the KSS, and Maho has done ballet for many years, so she should be good, too. And all three are cute (although, Maho's teeth make her look a bit goofy). So... pretty nice. I'm so relieved that they didn't add anybody that I dislike. And there are a lot of KSS that I don't like.

I've seen people saying stuff like "I hope Rikako lives up to the hype," which makes me a little nervous. She's really not much of a singer, so I hope people aren't expecting her to be great or anything like that. :unsure: If people start hating on her because they feel she hasn't delivered, it's going to be really annoying.</blockquote>

I can't find a single video of Maho singing. Hopefully such a quick debut means she's at least decent.
Mosumu4Ever
つばきファクトリー

Post by Mosumu4Ever »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
I'm pretty sure wota said Nanami hasn't been at recent events. She's at the age where her parents probably want her to concentrate on school. She's been screwed over so many times and it doesn't look like they're ever going to do anything with her despite being one of the most popular Eggs.
[/quote]
No, that was Kurumi. Nanami has been in the recent Nana Tamago concert.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the new members. Mizuki is my favorite hands down. I like Rikako ( and I hate most of her fanbase). I don't know Maho very well, but she's really pretty.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="180383" data-time="1412431978"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="180379" data-time="1412431613">I feel a sense of despair. But only because now the avid Rikako fans are going to be insufferable.</blockquote> 
I have never actually seen a rabid Rikako fan but I ALWAYS see constant complaining from people about people with these fans. Rikako, Karin, Riho, I'm sure there are other examples.</blockquote> 
Karin and Rikako fans have nothing on Masaki fans. Quite of a few of them seem to be mentally abnormal. They think she's some sort of super talented angel that is beloved by all and they can be downright vicious to the other girls. I know Masaki has plenty of perfectly nice, normal fans who know exactly what she is and is not and I know that every girl has psycho fans, but she seems to have an unusual amount of them.
Last edited by Banana on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Her H!O fans are a special bunch.

Riho's fans can get defensive, but I wouldn't call them rabid. I wouldn't group them with Karin or Rikako fans.

Actually now that Karin debuted her fans stopped being insufferable too.
Last edited by Anderei on Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Anderei"]
Riho's fans can get defensive, but I wouldn't call them rabid. I wouldn't group them with Karin or Rikako fans.
[/quote]

:thumbsup:

I kid, I kid.

One can hope that with her debut it will die down some, then.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="smtmissin"]
I was actually surprised at how much many foreign fans seem to like Rikako. I know Japanese people have a thing for half, but I thought what foreign fans like about Japanese idols is their Japanese look. Rikako doesn't have much of a Japanese beauty.  She is pretty in a non-Japanese way. Some of my friends had a similar look to Rikako (actually she even kinda looks like my mom) so I really can't idolize her, she just looks normal, non-exotic to me.
[/quote]
That's because she's half, which makes her EXACTLY pretty in a "non-Japanese but Japanese" way.  She vaguely reminded me of a young Kiko Mizuhara for some reason.  
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^Yeah I see the Kiko too.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
rob
ANGERME

Post by rob »

[quote="Anderei"]
Her H!O fans are a special bunch.

Actually now that Karin debuted her fans stopped being insufferable too.
[/quote]

Ouch....  :tongue:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

You're welcome! But since you've basically been MIA it's not as if I was talking about you lol

Photos from the event because I'm guessing a lot of people didn't click on the natalie article on the other page. Spoilered because some are big.

Spoiler: [+]

ImageImage
ImageImage

This one goes outside the box because Kanon's face is gold:

Last edited by Anderei on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They're all very pretty to me... But S/Mileage as a whole looks totally offput by the new girls hahaha
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Maho reminds me of Saho Akari (UUG).
rikako♡eripon♡airi
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

JIJIPRESS footage

Um...S/mileage is kind of bad at harmonies...

Mizuki's favorite song is "Yume Miru 15"
Rikako's is "Watashi wa Choi Kawaii Urabancho" (which she sang at last years Kensegg test)
Maho's is "Yuugure Koi no Jikan"

Ayacho says that she know that by adding new members it seems like her and Kanon are planning on graduating soon, but that's not the case even though she eventually will graduate someday.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

No matter how many times I see Rikako I keep thinking she resembles Maeda Atsuko.

Good to know that Ayaka and Kanon don't plan to graduate immediately.

Looking at those pictures, it really doesn't feel like S/mileage anymore. It'll be interesting to see what new name they pick, but I liked the meaning behind their current one. It's too bad they're changing it.