[2014.11.19] C-ute - I miss you / THE FUTURE

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

[2014.11.19] C-ute - I miss you / THE FUTURE

Post by Elpis »

C-ute's next single title and release date has been announced. Based on the title, it seems to be a good bye song for Berryz.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: [2014.11.19] C-ute - I miss you / THE FUTURE

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah, especially because the release date is a week after the last Berryz single
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

<div>Plot twist; C-ute disbandment! Doubtful, I think they're still doing decently well.  That'd be hilarious, though, for them to knock out both H!P kids groups back to back.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Sounds like it'll probably be a ballad. Considering I don't think Maimi, Saki or Mai have much business singing ballads, I'll hold out hope for some sort of Platinum-era Emomusume sad synthy dance number.  Probably not, though.</div>
himewhohimejurina
Kenshuusei

Post by himewhohimejurina »

If they disbanded ℃-ute, then everything bad would happen.

I think one will be a ballad and one will be fast paced. It'd be interesting if they made it as if they were intertwined stortlines for the music videos. For example (kind of) like MoMuSu did with Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun dayo! / Kare to Issho ni Omise ga Shitai.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

It'll be utterly amazing if this single is a goodbye message for Berryz :) Like others have said I Miss You could be a goodbye message but THE FUTURE could be C-ute's way of looking forward after Berryz go on their hiatus :) It would make sense as both groups made up H!P Kids :) Honestly if this doesn't turn out to be the case I'll be disappointed lol
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Urg, right in the feels T-T

Honestly, I think they are just going to let C-ute get to their 10th year (if they can keep up sales which they should) and then send them the way of Berryz. C-ute wouldn't bother me as much as Berryz does, but I do think its just odd for one of the H!P kids groups to be around and one not. I don't know, it will just feel weird without Berryz but with C-ute still there. The way I see it, its an all or nothing deal.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Star"]

Honestly, I think they are just going to let C-ute get to their 10th year (if they can keep up sales which they should) and then send them the way of Berryz. C-ute wouldn't bother me as much as Berryz does, but I do think its just odd for one of the H!P kids groups to be around and one not. I don't know, it will just feel weird without Berryz but with C-ute still there. The way I see it, its an all or nothing deal.
[/quote]

Idk, C-ute has been selling well recently. Definitely more than Berryz over the past 5 singles.... With around 50k per single (double A), I can't see H!P dropping C-ute quite yet. They seem to be getting to their peak instead of dropping off. Berryz has also been selling better than usual recently (30k/40k>20k), but C-ute's sales are just stronger (60k>20-40k). I'm looking at the Wikipedia discography, btw, for numbers so hopefully they're somewhat accurate. 

I mean, C-ute has only hit under 20k one time in their career, while Berryz did about 8 times. Hell, J=J is selling better Q_Q While the girls are close I don't see C-ute disbanding simply because Berryz isn't in the biz anymore... Not yet, at least.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

C-ute will be here for a while unless the girls wish to graduate.. And I don't see that unless one of them wants to get married. I mean, C-ute don't look as haggard as Berryz, Berryz has been looking like they are sick of being idols in recent years.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="181028" data-time="1413949755">
<div>

[/quote]

Idk, C-ute has been selling well recently. Definitely more than Berryz over the past 5 singles.... With around 50k per single (double A), I can't see H!P dropping C-ute quite yet. They seem to be getting to their peak instead of dropping off. Berryz has also been selling better than usual recently (30k/40k>20k), but C-ute's sales are just stronger (60k>20-40k). I'm looking at the Wikipedia discography, btw, for numbers so hopefully they're somewhat accurate. 

I mean, C-ute has only hit under 20k one time in their career, while Berryz did about 8 times. Hell, J=J is selling better Q_Q While the girls are close I don't see C-ute disbanding simply because Berryz isn't in the biz anymore... Not yet, at least.

</div>
</blockquote>

C-ute's 10th year would put them in 2016, and that's when Maimi turns 24. They'll definitely be on their way out once they get too old. 50k won't save them from that.

Last edited by Anderei on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

C-ute's 10th year would put them in 2016, and that's when Maimi turns 24. They'll definitely be on their way out once they get too old. 50k won't save them from that.

[/quote]

That's true, I can't really speak for about a year and a half in the future... I guess I was thinking more short-term in that I can't see them leaving within the next year. Though I could totally be wrong about that, but as stated C-ute seems to still have a passion for performing and they're selling well so I also can see them being around for a bit longer :)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I see them being on their way out in 2017, barring any unusual circumstances.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="smtmissin"]
Berryz has been looking like they are sick of being idols in recent years.
[/quote]

As an outside observer, that's the exact feeling that I got, too.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I'm also expecting C-ute to graduate soon based on ages but at the same time I really don't want them to because they clearly still have their passion for their work. I'm kind of hoping that when they do eventually graduate they'll be kept as a group under UFP but I also don't think that'll be very likely :(
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Oh wow, I actually got my wish for a synthy platinum era type song rather than a ballad LOL I'm so surprised!  I'm not overly impressed but I do like it.  Feels weird to hear such a midtempo song from them.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

This song would be a perfect theme song for Vampire Knight or any anime which is of mystery, supernatural genre.

Actually it reminds me of "Another" opening song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91W6OEhMxaQ
and Vampire Knight ending song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0JJ-whzo_g
Last edited by smtmissin on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I like it but the reception for it on the other sites was so crazy good that I'm underwhelmed by it.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I like it and like smtmissin said, it reminds me of the Vampire Knight ending but much faster.

I wonder what the lyrics are actually talking about.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Japanese by-ear lyrics: 
Spoiler: [+]

Otona ni natta, kami mo nobashita 
Koi mo oboeta, shitsuren shita
Haha to no kenka hageshiku natta
Otoko tomodachi imi naku uwasa

(Suki) watashi no koto wa (da yo) jibun de shitai (hon) miari no koto mo (ki yo) hayaku kimetai
(Demo) kareshi datte mo (shourai) shinji (wa ne) wa sasenai (kime) ato de (taku) koukai (nai) shitakunai kara 

Sunao ni narenai kimagure watashi
Kokoro ga samishii no I ask myself....

[Oto] (otona ni natta) Otona dashi [me wa] (sono shinjitai) [yume] suki nan da ne (kitto itsuka wa) [yo ni] aisaire wa (ima no jibun wo) [ima no] narenai (otomo ni omou)
[Kuchi] aishi katta mo [zuke] (sonna toki ga) [ni suku wa] wareba ii (kuru to) wareba ii (omou) wareba ii [warau], warau shikanai.

(Ai) watashi no koto wa (yo ka) jibun douka yuu (yuu) mirai no koto mo (no wa) kako no subete mo (kan) tatta ichido (tan) no jinsei (yo ne) dakara (ai) dareka (suru) sei ni (you ni) shitakunai kara

Tsukutta egao me kimagure watashi
Naze da ka fuan na no I ask myself...

Hitori cafe de ocha shiteiru shinya suki
Dare ni mo aitakunai toki mo aru yo

I miss you, I miss you, I miss you 
I miss you, hontou wa samishii

Tsukutta egao me kimagure watashi
Naze da ka fuan na no I ask myself....

[Oto] (otona ni natta) Otona dashi [me wa] (sono shinjitai) [yume] suki nan da ne (kitto itsuka wa) [yo ni] aisaire wa (ima no jibun wo) [ima no] narenai (otomo ni omou) 
[Kuchi] aishikatta mo [zuke] (sonna toki ga) [ni suku wa] wareba ii (kuru to) wareba ii (omou) wareba ii [warau], warau shikanai.

English translation:

I became and adult and grew out my hair,
I know about love and heartbreak,
The fight I had with my mom blew up,
And the pointless rumors of my guy friends.

(I) I really want to (love you) be who I am, (I'm really) And I want to hurry up (serious) and decide my future. (But) Even though it's him, (I don't want) I'm not able to trust, (to choose) and I don't want to (our future) regret anything.

The whimsical side of me that can't be honest,
Isn't my heart lonely? I ask myself...

[A] (I want to believe) I think I like [pure heart] (that I grew up) being an adult. [seems like] But I'm not able (And that) [a dream] to love someone. (someday I'll accompany) [And the] And learning to (the me of right now.) [kiss of] love someone (That time) seems [right now] laughable, (will come,) laughable, [makes it easy to laugh] laughable. (I think.) I can only laugh.

(Love,) When it comes to me, (or something else,) whether it be at night, (at night) in the future, (it seems so easy) or in the past, (to) I've only got one life. (love) So I don't (one) want to put anyone else (another) first.

The smiling eyes I made on a whim,
I wonder why I'm so nervous? I ask myself...

Drinking tea alone at the cafe late a night, I love it.
There are some times I don't want to see people, too....

I miss you, I miss you, I miss you,
I miss you, I seriously do

[A] (I want to believe) I think I like [pure heart] (that I grew up) being an adult. [seems like] But I'm not able (And that) [a dream] to love someone. (someday I'll accompany) [And the] And learning to (the me of right now.) [kiss of] love someone (That time) seems [right now] laughable, (will come,) laughable, [makes it easy to laugh] laughable. (I think.) I can only laugh.

Ver.2 English-- (with all parts lined up together [easier to read])

I became and adult and grew out my hair,
I know about love and heartbreak,
The fight I had with my mom blew up,
And the pointless rumors of my guy friends.

I really want to be who I am, and I want to hurry up and decide my future. Even though it's him, I'm not able to trust and I don't want to regret anything. 
(I love you. I'm really serious... But I don't want to choose our future.)
<div>
The whimsical side of me that can't be honest,
Isn't my heart lonely? I ask myself...
</div>
<div>
I think I like being and adult. But I'm not able to love someone. And learning to love someone seems laughable, laughable, laughable. I can only laugh.
[A pure heart seems like a dream. And the kiss of right now makes it easy to laugh.]
(I want to believe that I grew up. And that some day I'll accompany the me of right now. That time will come, I think.)

When it comes to me, whether it be at night, in the future, or in the past, I've only got one life. So I don't want to put anyone else first.
(Love, or something else, at night it seems to easy to love one another.)
<div> </div>
<div>

Drinking tea alone at the cafe late a night, I love it.
There are some times I don't want to see people, too....

I miss you, I miss you, I miss you,
I miss you, I seriously do

</div>

I think I like being and adult. But I'm not able to love someone. And learning to love someone seems laughable, laughable, laughable. I can only laugh.
[A pure heart seems like a dream. And the kiss of right now makes it easy to laugh.]
(I want to believe that I grew up. And that some day I'll accompany the me of right now. That time will come, I think.)

Sorry if the first one was really hard to read, was doing it as I was writing out the lyrics by ear hahaha.
</div>

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Ok reading that gets a little confusing with everything broken up and interrupted, but I like it, not quite what I wanted though.
<div>
</div>
<div>

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Star"]
Ok reading that gets a little confusing with everything broken up and interrupted, but I like it, not quite what I wanted though.
[/quote]

Haha I'll make a version with the three parts separated....
Ps, THE FUTURE radio rip
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Tracklist:

Limited Edition A, C, Regular A

1.I miss you

2.THE FUTURE

3.I miss you (Instrumental)

4.THE FUTURE (Instrumental)

Limited Edition B, D, Regular B

1.THE FUTURE

2.I miss you

3.THE FUTURE (Instrumental)

4.I miss you (Instrumental)

Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I'm totally in love with I miss you!  I love love love when lines overlap like this!

Made by Haru!
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I'm obsessed with I miss you. :love:

I can't wait for MVs.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I don't care for it at all yet, but I'll reserve any final opinion for when the MV comes out.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I don't know how I feel about either song though I like I Miss You a little more than THE FUTURE.
NekoKaiSai
ANGERME

Post by NekoKaiSai »

Covers are out.  I like them, even if they are somewhat simple.

[quote="Mugi"]
I'm totally in love with I miss you!  I love love love when lines overlap like this!
[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly.
<div> </div>
<p class="bbc_center" style="text-align:left;">B!P workflow spreadsheet         Tutorial for Translators/Preppers
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I actually really like both songs.  This is a huge step up from The Power / Kanashiki Heaven.
I can't help but crack up when H!P covers use hideous, Microsoft default fonts, though.  The design department up at UFP must be a dismal place.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

All covers are cool and the girls are beautiful, I can't wait for hearing (and seeing) it ! (I wait for the MVs to be aired on H!S to listen to the music ^^)
Campy <3 !
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

"I miss you" PV has some good concept, but what good does a good concept do if it doesn't fit the atmosphere of the song??? I am disappointed. And what's wrong with Airi and the hair touching?

I felt the song a lot more before I watched the PV. It is usually the opposite.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.