S/mileage name change officially announced

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: S/mileage name change officially announced

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Derby"]
All I can think about is Anne Germain, a british medium that used to be on spanish TV years ago...

ANGERME was proposed by second generation member Nakanishi Kana, and comes from a combination of the French words for angel (ange) and tear (larme).  
That basically explains why there is a tear on the A
[/quote]

And the worst is that no french recognize it, because of the way they wrote it in katakana (and shorten it). :doh:

It sounds cute now.. but still, Up Front  :facepalm: . Like Kimmy said, they totally should have hired someone just to check.
Campy <3 !
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Up Front HAS A FRENCH DUDE WORKING FOR THEM!!!! How could they fuck that part up?
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="Madara"]

Damn, I've been out of the S/mileage loop for a while, haven't I? I thought there were only six girls in the group. There are three here I don't recognize. Where did they come from? The one on the far right on the bottom looks like a much prettier version of Ayaka.

It took some effort, but at least I'm able to recognize the six I know. 

The name change stinks. Looks like I just might stay out of the loop. 

[/quote]

The one on the far right is Murota Mizuki.  You might remember her as the not-Rie backdancer to Lalala no Pipipi in 2012. Sasaki Rikako (on Ayaka's left) was in Lilium.

(speaking of which you should go watch the musical that I sent you. It might change your opinion of Ayaka.)
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Yeaaaah, so... definitely calling the group "Ange" for short from now on. There's no way I can sanely type Angerme every time I want to mention the group.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Yeaaaah, so... definitely calling the group "Ange" for short from now on. There's no way I can sanely type Angerme every time I want to mention the group.
[/quote]

Seems a good trade off, when I'll be used to not calling them S/mileage anymore.

Campy <3 !
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I've just realised something... To everyone saying "I'm still calling them S/mileage" I don't think you will be for long because this is exactly what a lot of people were saying when the "'14" was added to MoMusu but the majority are now calling them "MoMusu '14" :P 
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I'm still calling them Morning Musume, but sometimes I say Mooningu Musume Wan-Hoe just for the lolzzzzz

It's not the same though, there is a huge difference between Morning Musume -> Morning Musume '14 and S/mileage -> ANGERME
Image Hey
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I only called them Mornin Musume '14 one time throughout the year. And the name'll be changing yet again.
Formerly Mizura
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Has there been a name change as drastic as this for any group in H!P history? Aside from Eggs becoming Kenshuusei, that is.

Has any popular group around the world in all of pop music history changed their name as drastically as this after they were already well known by the original name?
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I still call them Morning Musume. That's not really a name change but more of just an added identifier.

S/mileage's name change is also a group change. They want to be seen as a new group.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="182624" data-time="1419007757">
Has there been a name change as drastic as this for any group in H!P history? Aside from Eggs becoming Kenshuusei, that is.

Has any popular group around the world in all of pop music history changed their name as drastically as this after they were already well known by the original name?</blockquote>

Taiyou to Ciscomoon and T&C Bomber, sort of. Maybe not this drastic though.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yeah, ANGERME's the only truly drastic name change to happen in the H!P universe. Like Star said, the 'xx for MM is only an extra identifier and such, not a true name change.

In a sense, Country Girls could vaguely count as a name change, since it's just changed the Musume in Country Musume to it's English equivalent of girl.
pandapanda
ANGERME

Post by pandapanda »

I saw it on Instagram first and was like 'who came up with that prank?? lol'

Little did I know it was for real hah.

Honestly I don't mind it.  It's kinda badass.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

You know they screwed up when they remove all mention of Angerme and start using the katakana version of the logo right away. Haha. Poor Smileage can't catch a break with their group names. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="182649" data-time="1419110871">
You know they screwed up when they remove all mention of Angerme and start using the katakana version of the logo right away. Haha. Poor Smileage can't catch a break with their group names.</blockquote>

Good, I'm glad their management is noticing because this name is a joke.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

[quote="ShiroiChanUK"]
I've just realised something... To everyone saying "I'm still calling them S/mileage" I don't think you will be for long because this is exactly what a lot of people were saying when the "'14" was added to MoMusu but the majority are now calling them "MoMusu '14" :P 
[/quote]

Granted I don't follow MM a lot anymore, but I think barely anybody adds the 14.
billybellsacks
Kenshuusei

Post by billybellsacks »

<b>ANGERME </b>behind the stage with Matsumoto Hitoshi on Downtown..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npj5dWXaKsc&index=1&list=PL9D2DDCB0E40F0D23
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Ehhh, well really it's 4nin S/Mileage from years ago lol
billybellsacks
Kenshuusei

Post by billybellsacks »

Yeah..their first appearance on Downtown..just mention.. :tongue:
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

That should go in the H!P spam thread, but not here.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>