[2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Noa
ANGERME

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by Noa »

I kind of like it already.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2015.04.15] Morning Musume.'15 - Seishun Kozo ga Naiteiru / Yuugure wa Ameagari / Ima Koko Kara

Post by Kalle »

The intro seems way too harsh and glitchy, but you're right, it does have the potential to grow on me.
It'd be interesting to see how they do the start / stop in the video too.
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="185413" data-time="1425142293">
It'll be a grower for sure.</blockquote>

Yup.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Short preview for Seishun is out.

W..h..at.? The start/stop... not sure about it. It'll be a grower for sure.
[/quote]

Quote for new page. 

Honestly after a second listen. It needs a dance to have it make sense. This is one of those type of songs that doesn't work without a visual. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Well this is certainly interesting...but I think I like it.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I.... Don't like it....
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I already like the chorus but the rest of the song is...
Image Hey
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Still can't like it. I secretly hope for the sales to drop for this single and the next single so that management can stop this sound in MM songs. It's getting old and tiring and they need a new style.
Last edited by smtmissin on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

So I've been listening to it a lot more and I like it, but I think it will go along better with a PV.

This song is Fuku-chan led it seems because she has the most solos in the radio preview.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I like it -- it's quirky and interesting -- but it's not the "holy shit, this is awesome!" single I was hoping for to introduce the 12th gen.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I love it. I love the start and stops and how dramatic it is.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

We have hope, though! Ima koko kara is your classic anime song, so it won't be EDM.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

With three songs to chose from, I'm more interested in getting a little bit of everything. I LIKE the EDM, so I'd be sad to see it go personally. Though I do also like non EDM songs. So if they can please more people by changing it up, but also not completely rocking the boat and alienating people, I'm all for it.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I like the EDM too, myself. I like the style they have now, so I don't look forward to it going. I just listened to the Seishun Kozo rip 4-5 times, so I can say I love it for sure.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I don't mind the EDM (I don't like it, but I don't hate it), but I'm glad they're getting braver with how they're doing it. Seishun is pretty quirky and new, and doesn't really sound like a past single to me, which is what I like. I was really getting sick of the EDM around Brainstorming because it was just sounding like all one song, but then they finally changed it up a little bit with Wagamama / Gundan then totally different with Egao and then TokiSora, which is a lot mellow, etc. So while EDM is not a favorite of mine at all, I do appreciate how they're trying out new ways of using it, so I can enjoy it.
Meekolli
Kenshuusei

Post by Meekolli »

A preview has been released for Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru from the new Morning Musume single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRhb_FuK34

I find it a little bit jarring at the moment, probably due to the pauses. It may grow on me though.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Meekolli"]
A preview has been released for Seishun Kozou ga Naiteiru from the new Morning Musume single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRhb_FuK34

I find it a little bit jarring at the moment, probably due to the pauses. It may grow on me though.
[/quote]

Meeko, A friendly reminder (NOT a "You did wrong!" post) that things about the releases belong in the individual threads in the Release Sub-Forum, and that topic is being discussed in it's thread!
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="185413" data-time="1425142293">Short preview for Seishun is out.</blockquote>
Can't say I was thrilled by what I heard. Will have to wait for the full version, but right now my impression is "meh".

I like EDM in general and I'm all for MM having this sound, but the recent ones lack the spark and creativity. And coherence. And to be honest, the hit power. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but everything after Brainstorming feels more like experimental tracks for superior songs that never materialized, or results of someone forcing a song out despite having a writer's block. Also not really something I'd like to hit the dancefloor to, despite having "Dance" in the genre name (I'm sure EDM connoisseurs would roll their eyes inside-out seeing MM songs being labelled as such).

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185443" data-time="1425189087">it's not the "holy shit, this is awesome!" single I was hoping for to introduce the 12th gen.</blockquote>
At least it's not another Pyoco, the ultimate insult among debut singles. ;/
Last edited by aine on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="185413" data-time="1425142293">
Short preview for Seishun is out.
</blockquote>

Can't say I was thrilled by what I heard. Will have to wait for the full version, but right now my impression is "meh".

I like EDM in general and I'm all for MM having this sound, but the recent ones lack the spark and creativity. And coherence. And to be honest, the hit power. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but everything after Brainstorming feels more like experimental tracks for superior songs that never materialized, or results of someone forcing a song out despite having a writer's block. Also not really something I'd like to hit the dancefloor to, despite having "Dance" in the genre name (I'm sure EDM connoisseurs would roll their eyes inside-out seeing MM songs being labelled as such).

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185443" data-time="1425189087">
it's not the "holy shit, this is awesome!" single I was hoping for to introduce the 12th gen.
</blockquote>

At least it's not another Pyoco, the ultimate insult among debut singles. ;/

[/quote]

I rank Wagamam/Gundam among their best singles, and the strongest of the EDM era. Neither song is as good as 123, but the two together make for a stronger single overall.

It's funny how many Japanese Tsunku wota see PPU as this genius work. Can't tell if it's trolling, but I don't think it is. I can't stand that fuckin' song.  :rofl:
Last edited by JPope on Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Even though I actually love Pyoko, I can't help but think if they put it's B-side as the A-side, that single would've been pretty damn awesome. Kanashiki Koi no Melody has this good beat to it, IMO.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

But Pyoko Pyoko is one of the best songs!!

The B-side is good too. Overall great single imo.

It didn't fit Risa, Reina, or Aika, but Sayu and the young generations were so cute.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Pyoko is 100 times better than recent songs such as 1000 people on the dance floor (whatever its name is), Password is zero, Kimi no Kawari, etc. Listening to 2 or 3 songs may be a change of pace, but listening to all their recent EDM singles makes my head hurt.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="185493" data-time="1425299345"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="185413" data-time="1425142293">
Short preview for Seishun is <a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/kCVTOQqfOTE">out.</a></blockquote>

I like EDM in general and I'm all for MM having this sound, but the recent ones lack the spark and creativity. And coherence. And to be honest, the hit power. I'm not sure if this makes sense, but everything after Brainstorming feels more like experimental tracks for superior songs that never materialized, or results of someone forcing a song out despite having a writer's block. Also not really something I'd like to hit the dancefloor to, despite having "Dance" in the genre name (I'm sure EDM connoisseurs would roll their eyes inside-out seeing MM songs being labelled as such.</blockquote>

I don't think EDM is really a hit genre in Japan to begin with. I'm struggling to think of popular acts that are musically similar to MM.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I don't have much of an opinion of it yet. Its not their best, but its a hell of a lot better than Tiki bun. Personally, I was hoping Tsunku wouldn't be writing (I'm glad he's feeling better though) any of the tracks. The recent writers for H!P have all produced something awesome compared to what happened in 2014.
Formerly Mizura
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="185510" data-time="1425322473">I rank Wagamam/Gundam among their best singles, and the strongest of the EDM era. Neither song is as good as 123, but the two together make for a stronger single overall.

It's funny how many Japanese Tsunku wota see PPU as this genius work. Can't tell if it's trolling, but I don't think it is. I can't stand that fuckin' song.  :rofl:</blockquote>
I liked Wagamama/Gundam too, but in the long run I just feel they're too much of a rehash. And people praising PPU like that must be doing it ironically. I had to listen to it a lot while subbing the Suugaku drama and I guess I got somewhat used to it - it's not the worst song MM had - but then I remember the MV and I want to go and kill puppies chickens. :lol:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="185524" data-time="1425327541">I don't think EDM is really a hit genre in Japan to begin with. I'm struggling to think of popular acts that are musically similar to MM.</blockquote>
Maybe "hit power" isn't the right phrase, I didn't mean it as a song that will necessarily top the mainstream charts, but more a song that I won't mind listening to on repeat for a long time. After listening to the recent singles (as in back to One Two Three) for a while I end up finding myself tired with them and go back to Renai Hunter which I can never get bored of even if I overplay it a lot. But I suppose that's all subjective.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Renai Hunter is the first EDM single, so it will always have that luster of being the more original of the EDM releases.

I think it's possible to have a hit single within the sort of EDM/idol niche that MM have carved out for themselves, because it's mostly just pop songs with EDM arrangements. The "pop" takes precedence over the "EDM." The problem I see is that the arrangements tend to lean heavily towards the Dubstep/Brostep side of EDM, and I'd like to see them expand beyond that.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ima Koko Kara Hello Station ver. MV is up. They only gave us 1min 45 secs it's getting less and less each time :/I hope the upload the full version soon...

They focused a lot on 12th gen in this edit. In terms of who did best in the PV my ranking is:

1. Maria

2. Akane

3. Miki

4. Haachin

Miki looked like she was trying to act cool, even though this is a cute MV, and Haachin's eyes were kinda dead. They all looked cute though! Especial Maria!

Maachan was super cute on the himitsu no door line, Kuduu too. I hope the regular version has more close-ups of the rest of the members though.

I can't wait to see the full thing, I really liked what I saw! I know some of you guys don't like the fake special effects, but I thought the sparkles and rose petals were nice. It felt very girly and "magical" like, like Pretty Cure.

Sakura was center for the first part, but I know Riho ends up in the center at some point from that clip from that TV show. I wonder who the center ends with.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Maria is such a goddess :woot: .
Of course Maa-chan, you'll always be the apple of my eye :D

Masaki keeps on improving her performing skill. Maria is such a natural.
I like this song more than the EDM one.

What do they call that type of picture where girls look like doll with big eyes and flawless skin? The one that blurs any faults on the face and makes the eyes look big and glittering? When I watch the MV Kanon and Ogata looks like they are  under the same effect as that type of photography.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Those kind of pictures are called purikura. I loved the ultra sparkly fake effects so bad. I also really loved the focus on 12ki, too, they were all charming, I feel. Oharu indeed needs to work a bit more on her charm skill, haha, but I enjoyed them all. Maria was definitely suited for this sort of cutesy-imagery song.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Thea"]
We have hope, though! Ima koko kara is your classic anime song, so it won't be EDM.
[/quote]

Well I take that back. They managed.