[2015.09.02] Morning Musume.'15 Concert Tour Spring ~ GRADATION ~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

aine
ANGERME

Re: [2015.09.02] Morning Musume.'15 Concert Tour Spring ~ GRADATION ~

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="188340" data-time="1432742764">Budoukan setlist
Spoiler: [+]
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shiyasshi Futa" data-cid="1885421" data-time="1432730707">Budokan setlist. thanks to Mr.A@Jplop
 <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">1. Seishun kozou ga naiteiru
2. One Two Three
3. Brainstorming
VTR - Rehearsal footage
4. Yuugure wa ameagari
5. Toki wo koe sora wo kore
MC
6. Joshi kashimashi monogatari ('15 ver.)
7. Roman MY DEAR BOY
MC - Iikubo, Ogata, Nonaka, Makino, Haga
8. Suki na senpai / Ogata, Nonaka, Makino, Haga
9. Medley: 3,2,1 BREAKIN' OUT / Sayashi, Ishida, Satou, Oda → Lucky Girl / Fukumura, Ikuta, Suzuki, Iikubo, Kudou
10. Nanchatte Renai / Fukumura, Ikuta, Sayashi, Suzuki, Iikubo, Ishida, Satou, Kudou, Oda
11. Onna to otoko no lullaby game
12. Maji desuka ska!
MC - Ikuta, Sayashi
13. Medley: Memory Seishun no Hikari / Satou, Oda, Chorus: Ogata, Nonaka, Makino, Haga → Summer Night Town / Fukumura, Ikuta, Sayashi, Suzuki, Iikubo, Ishida, Kudou → SONGS → Help me!! → TIKI BUN
14. Resonant Blue (Ogata got Sayumi's "Help me!")

15.The Matenrou Show
16.Ai no Gundan
17.Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai
18.Password is 0
19.Wagamama kinomama Ai no Joke
20.What is LOVE?

Encore
21.Ima Koko Kara
MC - no announcements

Surprise Encore change :
22.Mikan (silver confetti tape falls in the venue)
23.Namidacchi

end.</blockquote></blockquote>
</blockquote>
Thanks Saya! Just to add the opening acts:

Tsubaki Factory - 17sai
Kobushi Factory - nen ni wa nen
Country Girls - itooshikutte gomen ne

I think. D:

It was expectedly pretty cool. I'll write more tomorrow, tonight I'm dying from lack of sleep. See the montly spam thread for my initial ramblings of no particular value.
Last edited by aine on Wed May 27, 2015 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Well, that was surprisingly 12ki less. As bad as Fantasy DX was.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^They do it because the new girls have a lot to remember and they don't want to overwhelm them. Espcecially for Ogata and Nonaka who are new to H!P, they probably had more to learn.

Even 3rd gen Anju was saying how it was hard for them doing the Budoukan setlist because they had to learn a bunch of new songs and dances, and they have to remember what order they're in.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
^They do it because the new girls have a lot to remember and they don't want to overwhelm them. Espcecially for Ogata and Nonaka who are new to H!P, they probably had more to learn.

Even 3rd gen Anju was saying how it was hard for them doing the Budoukan setlist because they had to learn a bunch of new songs and dances, and they have to remember what order they're in.
[/quote]

A lot of Nonaka's blog posts mentioned at the fact it was very hard for her to get everything down for the concerts... Kinda made me feel bad for her haha. At least they got the solo song of Suki na Senpai...
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="Saya"]
Budoukan setlist

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shiyasshi Futa" data-cid="1885421" data-time="1432730707">
Surprise Encore change :

22.Mikan (silver confetti tape falls in the venue)

23.Namidacchi

end.
</blockquote>

[/quote]

I would have expect not all the new singles but still a good playlist in my opinion. And the last bit is a big win for me :P.
Campy <3 !
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="188345" data-time="1432745299">I'll write more tomorrow</blockquote>How did I know it would end like this unless I typed it up right away? :wut: Anyway, while I still remember, a short live report.

Because of reasons, our plan was to arrive in Japan on the same day as the concert. No problems here, we landed at 7 am, spent the time walking around, checked into a hotel, picked up our tickets and stuff.

This was our first visit to Budokan, so we went sort-of early, to arrive about an hour before the doors open time. We didn't expect to be the first people there, but with numbered seating we didn't feel like lining up early either. Turns out we were probably one of the last people to show up.

(All photos taken with a potato. Please understand.)
IMG_0571s.JPG

First heartbreak was seeing the merch booths outside and already open with a many hundred people strong line winding up to it. At all venues in Japan we went to before the merch booths were inside, after the ticket gates. Disappointed, we gave up hope on getting any merch this time.

We kept on walking and trying to find the right line to our East sector. With the crowd growing denser and no signage to be seen it made us a bit nervous. Eventually we settled into what seemed the closest line to where we were supposed to go and resigned to being yelled at by the ticket gate people in case we got it wrong.

IMG_0575s.JPG

IMG_0576s.JPG

Turns out, there was no right line. They all lead up the stairs to the common outdoors mezzanine which you could walk to circle the venue around to your sector. I didn't see this bit mentioned on any site I read while researching. Lesson learned.

Another relief was that no one at the ticket gates paid any attention to the owner name printed on our 2nd hand tickets. This was another thing which kept us uncertain until the last minute. I don't know if it was the same story with more attractive seats like the arena ones.

We settled down and bid the time away. There was a pretty good proportion of female fans to be seen everywhere. Same with "mainstream" looking fans, as opposed to wotas. Our view was decent. I pestered the hell out of people here with my questions before buying the tickets (especially kitaoji and Al - thanks again!) and now that we were finally there we were happy that we got ourselves a really sweet spot just on the border of SE and E sectors. Or so it seemed at that time.

IMG_0581s.JPG

IMG_0578s.JPG

IMG_0580s.JPG

IMG_0584s.JPG

The venue filled up fast enough. Then the support performances started. I wish I paid closer attention, because we watched what was probably one of the last major performances by Shimamura Uta. In retrospect, she got the biggest cheer out of all KSS performing that night.

After a brief break MM started. I remember very little about it. :lol: But refer to the setlist above in the thread and the Blu-Ray once it comes out. It was all cool for the first 3 songs, and the rehearsal VTR was pretty fun actually. Even though our seats were relatively close to the edge it was still hard to see the members even on the runaway stage. But the big screen in the back worked well enough.

I might be wrong on the exact moment it happened, but I think after the VTR things took a turn to the worse. They lifted the big screen up above the stage, so that from our point of view it was now directly behind the huge black monoliths of the hanging speakers. You can see the speakers and kind of see the screen directly below them in the second photo above.

I didn't care to be that gaijin who takes out his phone and snaps photos during the concert just to show it, but here's a close approximation of what we could see on the big screen:

monolith.jpg

And my face when:

ape.jpg

My H!P voice recognition skills have gone to crap long time ago so for the rest of the concert I had no clue who was singing or what was going on, except for watching the "formation dance" from not really an optimal angle. My interest and excitement in the whole gig has dropped to a fraction of what it was in the beginning. The Maria-wota right in front of us seemed undeterred, but I just wished I had binoculars at the moment (quite a few people actually did).

The saving grace? The wotas on the arena floor. I won't lie saying that for the rest of the concert I looked at the arena audience at least as much as I did at the stage. Too bad you can't really see it in the official concert videos, but the audience there is perfectly rehearsed and works pretty much as an extension of the performance on the stage itself. Bash the wotas all you want, but one thing you can't deny them is that they put the effort and have all the moves down.

It was both highly amusing and entertaining. We had a few chances to buy relatively good arena tickets, but after that I was glad we didn't - having no clue about the wota cheers and all their dances and call-and-response routines we would just stand out from the crowd and in a bad way.

After encores we headed home. A nice surprise awaited us outside - the merch booths were still open, still had almost everything in stock, and the line was quite short. We went in and came out with a modest loot. I'm happy with the t-shirt, it's another one to add to collection of idol clothing wearable in the public.
DSC_9574es.JPG
So, to sum it up. We went to a concert. We still had fun. As a concert venue I rate Budokan at shit out of 10. Will avoid and stick to Nakano Sun Plaza in the future. Even regardless of our seating fiasco I feel the performance - even though they seemed to put their best effort in it - was more for the BD/DVD release rather than the audience. Also, another lesson learned, no matter how well you research a venue in advance, you're bound to get burned until you actually go there and see things for yourself.

When will we get to see a Morning Musume concert again? Only the Fox God knows. :pirate:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ Thanks for the report! So sorry about the view though. :(
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

What do Japanese wota and casual fans think about foreigners visiting Japan for a couple of concerts of MM??
Just curious because of one of those pictures outside the arena with so many fans, I was wondering what was going through their heads watching an American fan taking pictures of them
Last edited by Derby on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="190319" data-time="1438309978">What do Japanese wota and casual fans think about foreigners visiting Japan for a couple of concerts of MM??
Just curious because of one of those pictures outside the arena with so many fans, I was wondering what was going through their heads watching an American fan taking pictures of them</blockquote>
But I'm not American! :pirate:

Most people were in groups of at least two (either couples or more commonly groups of fans or wotas) and they were minding their own business. I was also trying to be discrete when taking the pictures and not take any of specific people, so I don't think anyone even paid attention. In fact quite a few people were snapping selfies or photos of the line, so I was not alone in that.

I looked out out for other foreigners (well, non-Asians), but I didn't see any in the line or inside the venue. Obviously there were some judging from reports on other fora.

A couple of things I remembered about the concert:

During the old songs medley (13 in the setlist) I saw many casual fans who obviously didn't know any of them. In fact you could see that to varying degrees during songs from 6 to 14 (so, like, half the setlist?), but it was most obvious during that medley. But I think that's a good thing - it means they gained many new fans in the last few years. Now they just need to keep up the quality of songs to keep them.

One of the sectors in the South side of the audience was reserved probably for families and other H!P members. There was one girl sitting close to us who kept spying on them through her binoculars, but I couldn't tell who exactly was there.

Some of the confetti, or rather silver tape that shot out during Mikan was autographed. I don't know if it was only for the final performance or if they had it on previous dates as well. But it didn't reach anywhere near the edge of the first floor even so we didn't get to grab any. But we could see people in the arena grabbing and packing away whole handfuls of it.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Oh I thought you were American because of certain conversation I remember on the members' spam thread but maybe it was another person XD
Image Hey
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^Iirc Berry is American.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

They're all Niconico, so gotta log in.

Suki na Senpai (12ki)
Roman MY DEAR BOY
3, 2,1 BREAKIN’ OUT, Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game, Maji Desu ka Ska!
Medley (Memory Seishun no Hikari, Summer Night Town, SONGS, Help me!!)
(Tumblr)

Let me tell you, I have not enjoyed a concert enough to replay it over and over since Michishige 11 Soul. I think Gradation has replaced it, because I couldn't stop repeating these over and over and over. Aine, there's a lot of good Riho here. There's a lot of good everyone, really. I actually noticed Harunan a good bit.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Riho and Fuku just completely shined here. I think everyone brought their A game, but those two particularly stood out to me.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I wish they could wear clothes like in the 321 medley more often. So much better than poofy flowy idol outfits :(
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

THEA you read my mind and beat me to it..... God this seems like such such such a great concert..... Maybe I should buy the DVD of it. It'd be the first, but it seems worth it. Everyone is just.... flawless and Maa-chan has really been able to shine the past few tours. Do Maa-chan and Sakura switch octaves throughout the performance? (Did I use the right term? They're on the same pitch but different octaves, right? Or are they not really even on the same pitch?) It sounds like Maa started high, went deep at parts and then ended as the lower end of the duet.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

They're actually harmonizing at different pitches, and I do believe they're switching.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Zoe"]
They're actually harmonizing at different pitches, and I do believe they're switching.
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm so bad at the terms but I can hear the change.... That's amazing. The main switch I see was from 1:37 to 2:01.... Around 1:37 Maa-chan is the high (throughout most of the harmonizing, going lower on solo parts), and Sakura the low. After the end of Sakura's solo line they switch and Sakura is high with Maa-chan low.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Thea"]
They're all Niconico, so gotta log in.

Suki na Senpai (12ki)
Roman MY DEAR BOY
3, 2,1 BREAKIN’ OUT, Onna to Otoko no Lullaby Game, Maji Desu ka Ska!
Medley (Memory Seishun no Hikari, Summer Night Town, SONGS, Help me!!)
(Tumblr)
[/quote]

I uploaded to DM for those who can't do niconico: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (in order as above)

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="191079" data-time="1441168890">
<div>
[/quote]

Thanks, I'm so bad at the terms but I can hear the change.... That's amazing. The main switch I see was from 1:37 to 2:01.... Around 1:37 Maa-chan is the high (throughout most of the harmonizing, going lower on solo parts), and Sakura the low. After the end of Sakura's solo line they switch and Sakura is high with Maa-chan low.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yep, they switch harmonies. It's really fun to do, I love harmonies. Another good example is Daisuki Dakara Zettai ni Yurusanai, where Riho and Sakura switch who's doing the harmony, too.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="191075" data-time="1441161559">Let me tell you, I have not enjoyed a concert enough to replay it over and over since Michishige 11 Soul. I think Gradation has replaced it, because I couldn't stop repeating these over and over and over. Aine, there's a lot of good Riho here. There's a lot of good everyone, really. I actually noticed Harunan a good bit.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="191087" data-time="1441216917">I uploaded to DM for those who can't do niconico: 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 (in order as above)</blockquote>
Thanks Thea! =3=

Watching this was like... infinitely more enjoyable than actually being there, with the seats we had. :nono: Makes me think even more that this show was more for the cameras than for the audience. I must have really phased out because I hardly even remember that second medley. :lol: Had to double-check, but there was only one show on the 27th in Budokan, so it's not that we saw heard a different medley.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the actual release. It's a must-buy, no question.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I'm a little surprised at the vocals of 9th/10th/11th gens in most of those clips. None of the girls sound bad. Masaki needs to use her big girl voice way more often. Sakura/Masaki version of Memory is great. I wouldn't mind a recorded version or longer performance of it. Might just be my ears, but I have had a hard time distinguishing the two of them lately. I think Masaki and Sakura are officially the top two vocalists in the group at this time.

Also Akane is adorable!
Last edited by Purin-chama on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Myst"]
I'm a little surprised at the vocals of 9th/10th/11th gens in most of those clips. None of the girls sound bad. Masaki needs to use her big girl voice way more often. Sakura/Masaki version of Memory is great. I wouldn't mind a recorded version or longer performance of it. Might just be my ears, but I have had a hard time distinguishing the two of them lately. I think Masaki and Sakura are officially the top two vocalists in the group at this time.
[/quote]

Not to be rude but it totally drives me crazy when people say Maa-chan needs to use her big girl voice more often.... She's capable of numerous types of voices, and when she does a high-pitched voice/more kiddish it's usually because it's what she/the instructors prefer. If she always did a deep, serious or just plain powerful voice she wouldn't have as much of a range. And she's been using it plenty of times, especially lately. Being able to switch between cutesy high (I know for some people, too high, but still) and a more powerful voice is much more entertaining, imo.

I agree, it was hard to tell her and Sakura apart.... Maa-chan is a master imitator of voices as it is, so if she tries to match Sakura I think she either consciously or subconsciously tries to match her voice tone as well :)

Everyone surprised me as well!! Haruka did really amazing this concert... Would love to hear more from her. And of course I'm excited for the day Miki will get solos in concerts <3
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

You can do high notes without the cutesy-squeak shit. Cutesy for cute songs (Shabadaba, Lalala no Pipipi, etc) is one thing but when you feel the need to make every other line in a song sound cute/squeaky when it doesn't fit is another.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="191095" data-time="1441230383">Thanks Thea! =3=</blockquote>
:thumbsup:
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Nionico user uploaded this to their community page, so you may need to "join" the open community to see it. Not sure... I joined and ended up finding it so we'll have to see.

Resonant Blue->The Matenrou Show (Almost all lines are Riho, Sakura and Mizuki in these songs)

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="191099" data-time="1441245774">
Not to be rude but it totally drives me crazy when people say Maa-chan needs to use her big girl voice more often.... She's capable of numerous types of voices, and when she does a high-pitched voice/more kiddish it's usually because it's what she/the instructors prefer. If she always did a deep, serious or just plain powerful voice she wouldn't have as much of a range. And she's been using it plenty of times, especially lately. Being able to switch between cutesy high (I know for some people, too high, but still) and a more powerful voice is much more entertaining, imo.</blockquote>

I agree with Thea, but I get what you're saying, too. The biggest problem I have with her voice when she uses her "cutesy" voice, is it sounds forced and fake to me, kind of like she's trying to sound like a kid squealing. Some songs are okay to do this with but a majorly of the discography since she has been there are not cutesy songs. I say big girl voice in the fact that she is actually singing and putting in the effort to sound good. I do prefer her deeper voice but when her tone is higher she still sounds great. I think I was most impressed with her in their latest single because of how she (or they) decided to [have her] sing.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

What I don't like is when you're listening to a chorus and all you can hear is a bunch of girls singing in unison and then maa-chan screeching in the back like she's not even trying to blend with the others.
Also am I the only one who is not happy with Ayumi in Roman?
Image Hey
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

[quote="Myst"]
 I think Masaki and Sakura are officially the top two vocalists in the group at this time.
[/quote]

Mizuki is a lot better than Masaki. Masaki sounds strained, thin, and screechy pretty much all the time. Mizuki has plenty of her own problems, but she is much more consistent in terms of the quality of her vocals. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Found a few of the missing songs (nico)--

3, 2, 1->I'm Lucky Girl->Nanchatte Renai
Mikan (same performance from H!S a whiiiile back, just DVD edit.)
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="191140" data-time="1441420930">
Found a few of the missing songs (nico)--

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27085075">3, 2, 1->I'm Lucky Girl->Nanchatte Renai</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27076836">Mikan</a> (same performance from H!S a whiiiile back, just DVD edit.)</blockquote>

Riho sounds really good in Nanchatte Renai, I think. And Duu sounds good in everything, dang. :D
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I love Ayumi, but I have no clue what she's doing to sound that god awful. She never was a great singer, but I used to be able to listen to her without cringing. Oh the shame that is the de-evolution of idol voices.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Resonant Blue->The Matenrou Show (Almost all lines are Riho, Sakura and Mizuki in these songs)
[/quote]

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
3, 2, 1->I'm Lucky Girl->Nanchatte Renai
Mikan (same performance from H!S a whiiiile back, just DVD edit.)
[/quote]

Once again, DailyMotion links. 1 / 2 / 3 (And again, as ordered above)

Edit: I didn't realize how bad quality these new ones were until now, and I apologize. My usual downloader quit working so I had to settle for this new one.
Last edited by MejraThea on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.