New KSS Unit :: Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

New KSS Unit :: Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

Post by Shoujo Q »

Captain Saki chose the members. <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2052260/">Source</a>

<p class="bbc_center">Image
<p class="bbc_center">Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)
Members are

Asakura Kiki

Kishimoto Yumeno

Niinuma Kisora

Ogata Risa

Tanimoto Ami

Yamagishi Riko
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
star
ANGERME

Re: New KSS Unit :: Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

Post by star »

Would Risa be related to Haruna by any chance? To be honest, I mistook her for Haruna for a moment.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Wait don't we already have another group? Are they going to be competing to debut or something?
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

Kiki looks like Takahashi and Riko is giving me Aika vibes.

I pre-emptively hate them as a result.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

If it's rivals then I don't like it. No Icchan or Kaga, I don't like it. I don't like it.

Yamagishi Riko (16), Ogata Risa (16), Kishimoto Yumeno (15), Niinuma Kisora (15), Tanimoto Ami (15), Asakura Kiki (14). Group average 15.2.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm disappointed at no Reina too. Hope it's not some rival bullshit.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I would just like to point out that while Kobushi can mean magnolia or fist....tsubaki can mean camellia....or spit?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Stay classy, H!P. I translated their individual comments, but Asakura Kiki's confused me a bit so I welcome constructive criticism.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
Ogata Risa, 2nd Year High School, 16
When I heard I was selected, I was really happy, and very surprised. At first my feelings didn't really come forth, just recently I felt that i, finally, was chosen. From now on, I think I'll have to work hard for a lot of different things that I haven’t before. As a group, just as feminine as the camellia (tsubaki) flower, I want us to become a group that is loved.

Yamagishi Riko, 2nd Year High School, 16
That I entered the Kenshuusei and then am going to debut in such short fashion makes me nervous, but when I was chosen, I was also surprised. To think that all of those that have supported me until now will be with me forever makes me happy. In Hello!Project there are a lot of groups with varied personalities, I want us to become a group that can reliably put out our personality for everyone to see.

Niinuma Kisora, 1st Year High School, 15
For a while now I've been thinking that I might get to be in a new unit. At that time, I heard talk of "Tsubaki Factory." I was really surprised. I cried tears of happiness. With enthusiasm, I want to become a member that is befitting of the "camellia (tsubaki)," and be kind and humble.
To be able to return the favor to all of those I have relied on, I intend to use all of my abilities. My goal for our group is to have a live at the Nippon Budoukan!

Tanimoto Ami, 1st Year High School, 15
When I was chosen for Tsubaki Factory, I was truly surprised, and very happy.  I'm not especially skilled in singing or dancing, so I'm nervous of whether or not I'll be able to do it. From now on, I'll do my best myself to not be disgraceful. I'll do my best to have us known by as many people as possible.

Kishimoto Yumeno, 1st Year High School, 15
At first, I was excited with happiness and surprise. Now, I'm nervous for all the activities we will do, but I'm also looking forward to it! I'm still inexperienced in singing and dancing, but I'll do my best even more than I have until now, so that I can grow. Translucent and bright, to be able to bring a smile to everyone who sees us, I want us to become this type of group, so please watch over us!

Asakura Kiki, 3rd Year Middle School, 14
When I was chosen, to say it in one word I was "Shocked." I was so shocked, inside my mind all I could think was "What!" However, I was really happy. And so, from now on I'll become one part of Hello!Project. I want to become a presence that is noticed more than any other, and I want to become someone who is looked up to. Also in this group, "Tsubaki Factory," a sense of each and every one of us, that we overflow with kindness no matter who is looking, a thoughtful group, and that we bloom with charm like each and every camellia (tsubaki) flower, I think.
</blockquote>

Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Website put up meaning of group name and s bunch of other crap.

http://www.helloproject.com/special/tsubakifactory/
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

First of all... it's KSS. Kenshuusei. :P

Anyway, I know pretty much nothing about any of the members, so this should be interesting to watch. Hopefully they'll have a more interesting indies debut than Kobushi. I didn't really like how they handled them.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="187564" data-time="1430318571">
I would just like to point out that while Kobushi can mean magnolia or fist....tsubaki can mean camellia....or spit?</blockquote>

Hot.
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

Another one?  :confused: I hope they'll be better vocally than KF and CG. Yumeno is decent-ish, Kisora and Riko are pretty bad, but I don't know anything about the other three. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Is this the final nail in C-ute? Lol.... And then if it was such a big deal that Kobushi Factory is taking on BK's legacy, is Tsubaki Factory taking on C-ute's legacy??
Why another so soon?

Can they handle this many groups?

Why no Danbara I cry ALL THE TIME QQQQQQ

This is uuuuh interesting....
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is weird. Are they going to be permanent or is it only temporary?

I'm disappointed Ruru, Musubu, and Kaede weren't added.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Is this the final nail in C-ute? Lol.... And then if it was such a big deal that Kobushi Factory is taking on BK's legacy, is Tsubaki Factory taking on C-ute's legacy??
Why another so soon?

Can they handle this many groups?

Why no Danbara I cry ALL THE TIME QQQQQQ

This is uuuuh interesting....
[/quote]

Okay just watched H!S and this group is supposed to have the spirit of BK in it too....
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm really glad that Yumeno and Kisora are in this group because they are two of my favorite KSS! And Ami was my favorite new girl.

But is this going to be a group that officially debuts??

I'm hoping Ruru goes solo actually.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Banana" data-cid="187569" data-time="1430321857">
Another one? :confused: I hope they'll be better vocally than KF and CG. Yumeno is decent-ish, Kisora and Riko are pretty bad, but I don't know anything about the other three.</blockquote>

It's probably not unfair to assume they're terrible. All Kenshuusei suck until proven otherwise.
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="yuzu"]
I would just like to point out that while Kobushi can mean magnolia or fist....tsubaki can mean camellia....or spit?
[/quote]

Rest assured. No one would ever mistake Tsubaki for "spit." Camellia has surprising high circulation in Japan considering Shiseido, etc.

Some of these girls aren't cute. Hope the idol magic pulls something off for them.  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="187576" data-time="1430328693"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="187564" data-time="1430318571">

I would just like to point out that while Kobushi can mean magnolia or fist....tsubaki can mean camellia....or spit?</blockquote>

Rest assured. No one would ever mistake Tsubaki for "spit." Camellia has surprising high circulation in Japan considering Shiseido, etc.

Some of these girls aren't cute. Hope the idol magic pulls something off for them. </blockquote>

You think so? I think that as a whole they're less awkward looking than Kobushi.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Tanimoto gives me a Korean/Chinese vibe.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

So are they going to drop the factories from their name when they major debut or? Cause it's a little awkward if two groups from the same company have such similar names formed around the same time.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
I'm really glad that Yumeno and Kisora are in this group because they are two of my favorite KSS! And Ami was my favorite new girl.

But is this going to be a group that officially debuts??

I'm hoping Ruru goes solo actually.
[/quote]

That's what I think would be best, but we'll see if that day ever comes  :eekrun:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="187581" data-time="1430333766">
So are they going to drop the factories from their name when they major debut or? Cause it's a little awkward if two groups from the same company have such similar names formed around the same time.</blockquote>

Probably not. Supposedly Saki helped pick these girls so it sounds like Berryz Successors: Part 2.

This just means the wait between releases for each group is gonna get even longer.
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

Yeah, they're a lot less awkward than Kobushi and I can tell em all apart which is a plus for me (KISORA IS THE NEW LOVE OF MY LIFE). Plus we always know that these girl end up becoming gorgeous as hell in a couple year's time.

I agree with TicTac though. This is the nail in C-ute's coffin, and if they don't announce graduation by this winter tour I'll be shocked shitless. It's pretty clear H!P is movin' on out with it's oldies and with Maimi approaching 24 soon I doubt they'll last much longer.

Semi-unrelated but what was that song playing at the beginning of their introductions? I didn't recognize it.
Last edited by Haru on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Haru"]

Semi-unrelated but what was that song playing at the beginning of their introductions? I didn't recognize it.
[/quote]

Kenshuusei-- Say!Hello!
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="eri"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="187564" data-time="1430318571">
<div>
[/quote]

Some of these girls aren't cute. Hope the idol magic pulls something off for them.  

</div>
</blockquote>

Haha, yeah I realize that, I was just trying to figure out if there was some kind of cool double entendre thing like with Kobushi but it is definitely not an attractive one.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Nothing to say about this unit. Just no Kaede ok so fuck you H!P
Image Hey
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

So can Someone add this group be added into the 2015 new member thread please?
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="eri" data-cid="187576" data-time="1430328693">

Some of these girls aren't cute. Hope the idol magic pulls something off for them.</blockquote>

You think so? I think that as a whole they're less awkward looking than Kobushi.

[/quote]

Personally and only from this photo set, I feel like they are too ordinary. All the idol groups are the same now and they all look like this -- a collection of any handful of so-so looking girls from anywhere. I wish someone would come out with a super powered group of super gorgeous and talented girls but otaku would never stand for it.

Kishimoto Yumeno is ok and Tanimoto Ami has potential. Asakura has great skin but her other features aren't great.

Kobushi Factory is ROUGH. No other comment. (dusts hands and gingerly inches away).

I also feel like a terrible person to comment on the looks of teenagers but there ya go.
Last edited by eri on Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I agree but I feel the same way about a lot of the girls joining the older groups too. But this is what sells. Flower sort of fit what you want, though.

Maybe once they're out of the basic hair + white phase and graduate into slightly less basic hair + costumes they'll look a little less boring.