New KSS Unit :: Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: New KSS Unit :: Tsubaki Factory (つばきファクトリー)

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Haru"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="190420" data-time="1438623379">
<div>
They're so obviously following the path of C-ute atm lol.
[/quote]

So that means they're gonna destroy everyone's faces in a few years?

K, I'm interested.
</div>
</blockquote>

As long as H!P keeps them from debuting long enough that they get a good drive to override Kobushi. Without effort, they won't go anywhere. I just don't see why management put so many "ehh" singers in one group. C-ute at least had the "apparent" superstar in Airi, then Maimi, Kanna and Erika would get a decent amount of lines. (Chisato more after a while. Please lemme know if I'm confused on any of this.) But Tsubaki barely seems able to stand on their own. And I don't just mean a a new group-sort-of-way. 
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

I think Kiki and Kisora have hope and even Riko to a degree but if Kiki ever sings again it'll be the death of me and not even in a good way.
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Im not sure where you guys were taking it, I thought C-ute was going to be led by just Airi, Megumi, and Maimi (and maybe Erika) but it just became Airi/Maimi and later on Chisato.

As for Tsubaki, I think the leads it seems to be more Yumeno, Kiki, Kisora, and Riko, though i can see Risa and Ami get good tones down the line (Ami especially if she learns how to utilize a deeper tone)...they aren't bad but compared to Kobushi its a stark difference at the moment
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think they're going to down the path of Yumeno being lead vocals with Kiki being visual center and Kisora and Riko being secondary vocals.

Yumeno is the only one who seems to be able to handle bigger lines, she has the most vocal potential of this group and I always thought she should have gotten in to 11th gen with Sakura.

I honestly really do hope the others can catch up quickly vocally though, because as a group they have a very set image already which is a bonus. They could be like how Flower is to E-girls if they could sing well.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Solarblade"]
Im not sure where you guys were taking it, I thought C-ute was going to be led by just Airi, Megumi, and Maimi (and maybe Erika) but it just became Airi/Maimi and later on Chisato.

As for Tsubaki, I think the leads it seems to be more Yumeno, Kiki, Kisora, and Riko, though i can see Risa and Ami get good tones down the line (Ami especially if she learns how to utilize a deeper tone)...they aren't bad but compared to Kobushi its a stark difference at the moment
[/quote]

My bad, I confused Kanna and Megumi. I wasn't following them until they were a 5 person group oops. But other than that it fits what I was saying for the most part, lol. Just mixed those two up.

I mean, Yumeno seemed okay but it felt... idk. I guess from here on out I should hold my judgement back and try to see how I feel she is, without bias, lol.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yumeno as their best singer would still make them pretty bad unless she's going to make leaps and bounds in improvement. She's not good at all right now, imo.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

That was definitely not her best performance, you could hear it in her throat, but I've heard her on a lot of other songs and she can sound good.

But watching their rehearsal process was kind of painful. Especially Riko and Risa seem sooo reserved, I'm worried for them. If they can't break out of their shells (Ami and Kisora too) their talk power will be 0. I know they're nervous, but still...

Especially since Risa is the leader.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

They should have just called them Tsunku Factory.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

At today's concert it was announced that Riko is the leader and Risa is the subleader. They also performed an original song titled "Seishun Manmannaka".
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

That is such a rip off title of Seishun Domannaka, wow.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I don't think so considering Tsunku had nothing to do with the song.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

It doesn't matter if Tsunku had anything to do with it. In fact, if Tsunku had anything to do with it it wouldn't be ripping off, since you can't really rip off yourself. That it's someone else condemns it further.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I watched their Jiriri Kiteru and actually thought they weren't nearly as bad as they sounded on 17sai.  They're still really rough, yeah, but I wouldn't say there's an insurmountable gap between them and any other H!P group right now.  What sucks is that they range from "bad" to "really bad" without that (lately singular) token member that can sort-of-kind-of-maybe-a-little-bit sound like an actual person LOL. Every H!P group right now has girls in it that are on this level, they're just mixed in with one or two that can sound semi-decent.  It's very odd to me that they didn't throw in at least one girl like that here.
Last edited by Farrah on Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="190606" data-time="1439163961">
I watched their Jiriri Kiteru and actually thought they weren't nearly as bad as they sounded on 17sai. They're still really rough, yeah, but I wouldn't say there's an insurmountable gap between them and any other H!P group right now. What sucks is that they range from "bad" to "really bad" without that (lately singular) token member that can sort-of-kind-of-maybe-a-little-bit sound like an actual person LOL. Every H!P group right now has girls in it that are on this level, they're just mixed in with one or two that can sound semi-decent. It's very odd to me that they didn't throw in at least one girl like that here.</blockquote>

It especially sucks because they have several girls in Kenshuusei who can sing just fine, but they didn't pick a single one of them for this group. What is even the point of a trainee group if the girls who are awful get picked immediately, but the girls who are actually pretty polished (for idols anyway) end up waiting forever until they just quit? (Tanabe... *cries*)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="WonderBuono"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="190606" data-time="1439163961">
I watched their Jiriri Kiteru and actually thought they weren't nearly as bad as they sounded on 17sai. They're still really rough, yeah, but I wouldn't say there's an insurmountable gap between them and any other H!P group right now. What sucks is that they range from "bad" to "really bad" without that (lately singular) token member that can sort-of-kind-of-maybe-a-little-bit sound like an actual person LOL. Every H!P group right now has girls in it that are on this level, they're just mixed in with one or two that can sound semi-decent. It's very odd to me that they didn't throw in at least one girl like that here.
</blockquote>

It especially sucks because they have several girls in Kenshuusei who can sing just fine, but they didn't pick a single one of them for this group. What is even the point of a trainee group if the girls who are awful get picked immediately, but the girls who are actually pretty polished (for idols anyway) end up waiting forever until they just quit? (Tanabe... *cries*)

[/quote]

I feel like people have been waiting for someone to put Danbara Ruru in a group for ages now - as well as countless other KSS who, like you said, eventually gave up and just left.  It's really a terrible shame - I don't understand the process of selection in UFP at all. I'd say it comes down to popularity but there are countless cases to dispute that (look at how long it took for Haruka to get some front time despite having some of the highest H!P store sales since the day she was added to the group - wota love her loli ikemen schtick), not to mention how long it took them to do something with Karin.

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm still waiting for them to do something with Kaga Kaede. Unless she debuts sometime in the next year, I can see her leaving like Kaneko Rie, Tanabe Nanami or Yoshihashi Kurumi.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I still feel like Rei and Ayaka's spots in Kobushi factory were originally for Nanami and Kurumi.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mizura"]
I'm still waiting for them to do something with Kaga Kaede. Unless she debuts sometime in the next year, I can see her leaving like Kaneko Rie, Tanabe Nanami or Yoshihashi Kurumi.
[/quote]

At the Tamago Happyoukai thing the judges basically said "you will no doubt debut sometime." But like... When? Just because some judges say it, would she stay in? We can forget that this girls pay like, what, $100 a month to be a part of the program? So like $1,200 a year ever since it went from Eggs to Kenshuusei? (2012, it seems.)  Not every family is made of money. Luckily Danbara hasn't been in *that* long compared to others, but she's probably slowly reaching her time. Ruru's almost 2 years into the program and Kaga almost 3. 

But at this point with all the new groups, why would they debut or even indies any more kenshuusei for like a year? We're already at 7 debuted, 8 groups total? Most with like at least 2 songs to each, so we already have at last 16 songs that'd probably be on H!P concert setlists a year--which, as we know, leaves very little room for shuffles or even just covers. -rant- -sorry-
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The only way I can see more girls being added is through auditions. We know about 4ki Angerme, and 13th generation will be coming eventually.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think there's also a lot of cases where girls are debut ready, there's just not a group for them, or they don't fit the open group.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

I wasn't totally sure where to put this news BUT...

The girls will release a single for their upcoming stageplay, Engeki Joshi-bu Musical "Thank You Very Berry" on 10/8

1. Ano Ko ga Utau no wo Mitanda (あの子が歌うのを見たんだ)
2. Kaijuu no Ballad (怪獣のバラード)
3. Thank You Very Berry (サンクユーベリーベリー)

Also here's a short preview of the single

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgZoJZ68vvk

Last edited by Solarblade on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Musical songs usually sound different than the usual stuff, but it sounds like they've improved a bit. The songs aren't the best, but they definitely aren't unpleasant to listen to.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

^

I agree, they sound really decent on this release (maybe not that much on the first track, but their Thank You Very Berry is really nice to hear (even though we got Berryz' version recently off their final release...strange, but still cool..

I'm pretty sure that we'll get a bigger tracklist when this gets rereleased with the stageplay itself though
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Why do they do that, release little musical usually missing a good chunk of the tracklist before the DVD and stageplay itself is released? I can see making a preview video and showing some songs, but a whole OST that isn't even complete, before the play itself, along with the full, actual OST, is available just seems to be a little redundant and frankly, a bit stupid to me. Is it just money?

They did it for Lilium, for Triangle, and now, for this.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Why do they do that, release little musical usually missing a good chunk of the tracklist before the DVD and stageplay itself is released? I can see making a preview video and showing some songs, but a whole OST that isn't even complete, before the play itself, along with the full, actual OST, is available just seems to be a little redundant and frankly, a bit stupid to me. Is it just money?

They did it for Lilium, for Triangle, and now, for this.
[/quote]

Might just be the money because Koisuru Hello Kitty, Week End Survivor, and SMILE FANTASY! also got the rerelease too, it seems weird to me that buying a single that later is going to be mostly useless due to the DVD+CD release is just backwards

Though, TRIANGLE at least tried to do something different between the two discs.

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Tsubaki will perform a new song at the Nana Tamagos, "Kedakaku Sakihokore!" http://www.up-fc.jp/helloproject/member/egg/news_Info.php?id=8007
Haru
ANGERME

Post by Haru »

https://video-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xfa1/v/t42.1790-2/12291475_710893695712635_23005701_n.mp4?efg=eyJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InN2ZV9zZCJ9&oh=8e8da16a56af9dc61d64d877ca792bc0&oe=565A3A6Erip of it
sory for the weird link

it's lq btw
but it doesnt sound bad, i like the instrumental. ig they're gonna be electro-esque?
[11:13:35 PM] Liam: DO NOT LET JAPANESE IDOLS GET IN THE WAY OF THE *AMERICAN* DREAM
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Well, the single for Kedakaku Sakihokore! will release on 12/31 at the COUNTDOWN Live.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Is anyone else worried about Tanimoto? It feels like she's been missing from numerous rehearsals we see on GR... From both the last single and this new one. It also hasn't been easy for her to pick up. I'm just confused how she can be so MIA from all the behind the scenes.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I'm pretty sure it's just because she still lives in Hokkaido.
rikako♡eripon♡airi