Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

Re: Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

Post by Madara »

I still only know the names of three Country Girls: Momoko, Mai Ozeki and Risa Yamaki. So when I saw this thread, I didn't realize it was a thread bump and I thought, "Oh no, they're leaving before I can even learn their names!" But now I see it was someone who was gone before I even started following CG.

Speaking of which, I watched Disc 1 of the H!P Countdown Party 2015 last night and it's all Tsubaki Factory, Kobushi Factory, Country Girls and Juice=Juice. All in top form. 2 hours long and the first of 4 discs in the set. It'll take me a while to get through it.

Last edited by Madara on Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She was my immediate favorite, and I was reasonably upset when she left. My moments of "Utaloss" were rather sparse, and then I loved Nanami when they added her. But as a whole I don't like CG so I was really over it a long time ago.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I kind of still miss her, but more in the what if, sort of way. Would she still hold the charm, a year later? 

It took me a long time to get back into Country Girls. But I've put my faith into Yamaki and Funaki so hopefully they stick around for a while. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm more than over it. Uta was great, but I think the other members just stepped up their game when she left.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I was pretty upset when it happened but CG still did well without her and I enjoyed the group. The new members being added later helped and overall the loss wasn't as bad as what Aina's did to my opinion of J=J.

There was actually a mix up recently where some people on 2ch thought they saw Uta as an extra in a MV but I think it's assumed now that it's not her.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I never really cared other than thinking it was bullshit if it was her parents and not her own decision.  Like I never got the hype around her at all, but as someone who wanted to get into showbiz I felt bad for her in the sense if I was that close to my debut and my parents were like OOPS NEVER MIND I'd be beyond upset.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but didn't her mom submit her application? I can see that making her just as bitter had her career kept her from living life the way she wanted. Maybe it's for the best.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Yeah, I mean I'm just saying that I feel bad for her if it really was her dream.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki