Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

Post by Solarblade »

http://helloproject.com/news/2980/

Shocked and so sudden too!
Mukuro
ANGERME

Re: Shimamura Uta leaves Country Girls and H!P

Post by Mukuro »

This makes me so sad because she was a favorite. She definitley seemed to be the one they were pushing as centre too, so I hope they replace her with someone interesting if they do replace her.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Who? :pirate:

I kid, I kid. Well, sort of, I don't really know the new Country Girls members well other than Momochi.

From my poor understanding of the text, it is due to disagreement with the family after all, as was speculated in the spam thread? Or impossibility of maintaining both the idol and family life due to circumstances? I hope we'll get a proper translation soon.

Either way, it sucks, especially that she was apparently liked by a lot of people. At least she's young enough that we may still hear about her again if her heart is set on staying in the showbiz.
Last edited by aine on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is just like Aina's departure (same listed reasons). The translated part (you can find it on H!O) said that CG would continue as a 5 member unit. It makes it seem unlikely that they'll add a 6th girl.

Hopefully she'll pop up in a year or so like Aina did. And this is a good reminder to me to not have favorites because they ALWAYS leave first.
Formerly Mizura
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I was really hoping this wasn't going to be true. Uta was their center :/ this group was so perfect... It's like Aina all over again, I get really excited about a new group and then one of the best members leaves.

I had a bad feeling I was going to wake up to bad news.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

OK strangely enough this thread was not showing up for me a second ago so I just posted the same information in the spam thread.  

Uta was by no means my favorite, she was pretty middling for me, but she did seem like a sweetheart and like she enjoyed what she was doing.  This stuff always upsets me because I used to have dreams of being an entertainer (I mean honestly I still do but I realize I am over the hill) and if I had made it this far only to have my parents make me quit...I would be devastated.  And it would probably seriously damage my relationship with my parents.

And yeah, it's really weird for a center to up and leave just like that.

The fact that it's her parents that made her leave is extra baffling considering that her mother was the one who sent in her audition application for 12ki auditions in the first place.  I guess it was a MM or bust situation but why they waited until now is beyond me...
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I heard a rumor somewhere (I don't remember where) that her family was being transferred from Tokyo. It's probably not it, but could cause contract negotiation issues.
Formerly Mizura
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Can anyone link something here that might show an exemplary Country Girls performance? For some reason, they've never crossed my radar. 
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

http://youtu.be/4xvsUDb1_aY

Here ya go, Uta is the one with the first spoken monologue
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Here's a link to their YT channel
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoxHJjct ... vx3LUw?</a>

Edit: Got beaten to it!

Many of the Japanese fans are speculating it's about the money...

Others are saying maybe it's because Country Girls had an insane schedule and it was too much for her...

Also many others are commenting how this is a big blow to the group and similar to JJ having a popular member leave, it might stop their growth.

I didn't expect someone whose own mother submitted their application for them to leave...
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

I'm surprised people are tying it to Aina's departure, but Aina did specifically explain why she left H!P and it really wasnt about her parents

Basically, I'm wary to what H!P says so theres more than likely another reason here
Last edited by Solarblade on Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

^I must have missed that. What did Aina say?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

She said in a blog post that she left because she didnt like her voice enough in the group roughly and wanted out, but her parents were trying to talk her out of it
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

And Country Girls is now dead. They're no recovering unless they bring in someone amazing from the Hokkaido auditions.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Solarblade"]
http://youtu.be/4xvsUDb1_aY

Here ya go, Uta is the one with the first spoken monologue
[/quote]

[quote="Saya"]
Here's a link to their YT channel
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCoxHJjct ... vx3LUw?</a>

Edit: Got beaten to it!

[/quote]

Thanks for those links. High sugar content in both of those. Not sure my doctor would approve. They make Juice=Juice look like punk rockers. 

Having never had a chance to comment on this group before, I just want to ask what happened to Momoko? She looks--and sounds--ten years younger! Is she leeching the youthful energy from the other five like some idol vampire? Are they all gonna turn old, like the Portrait of Dorian Gray, while Momochi maintains her youth? I'm guessing that's why Uta left. She didn't want to share the fate of the others. (Sounds like a great plot for a J-pop horror movie, no?)
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I have a feeling when Momoko finally leaves the group they'll add a second gen.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Solarblade"]
She said in a blog post that she left because she didnt like her voice enough in the group roughly and wanted out, but her parents were trying to talk her out of it
[/quote]

Yeah, basically once she actually debuted it seemed like she didn't want the pressure and expectations that came with being in Juice=Juice. But FUCK, man.... Utaaaaa..... She had such great potential. She was a decent singer, dancer, whatever but obviously what captured most people was her atmosphere. That was a serious atmosphere that caught most people from when they first saw her perform/talk from video whatever. It really is a huge loss and like I said in the spam thread I won't be surprised if people are calling "Utaaaaaaaaaaa" like they do "Yukariiiiiiiiiin" months or maybe years from now. 

Seems like the post doesn't give much info besides her family saying they want to quit because they can't carry on some aspect of the traveling. It doesn't say that Uta said she wanted to quit so that would make me so sad if she didn't have much say in it, but we'll have to wait a while to see if that's true at all...
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
And Country Girls is now dead.
[/quote]

They are dead to me, at least.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="188724" data-time="1434129882">
<div>
And Country Girls is now dead.
[/quote]

They are dead to me, at least.

</div>
</blockquote>
Pretty much. Unless they absolutely wow me with their music or another girls steps it up to fill her spot then this event just makes the group a bit meh.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I am suuuuuuper upset and sad about Uta leaving. But honestly, I liked Manaka, O.Mai and Risa as well. Uta was just, top tier pure ace material. Sadly her star power was the type that burned out too quickly. I have a feeling everything just got overwhelming for her and she wanted out. It's not like SHE submitted her application, it was her mother. But that's speculation.

As long as they remain true to themselves and their sound I'm not too worried. This the curse of Country Musume continues. You can change the name, but you can't escape your past it seems. 

English Translation from Up Front Links.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Thank you for your continued support towards Hello! Project.
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">It is a sudden announcement but the agreement with the Country Girls member Uta Shimamura came to a midway cancellation.
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Country Musume。 changed their name to Country Girls and Uta Shimamura joined the group last year on November with their new start, then Country Girls had their CD debut on March of this year.
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">After that, although there had been repeatedly discussions with her family about the future, and during this process the group Country Girls continued their activities, a gap emerged between her family and our company that could not be filled. During this period, while from the family there had been discussion about "retiring", our company had to make a judgement because it exceeded the scope of our management's responsability and it came now to the point of midway cancellation.
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">As a result, except Country Girls Supervisor Mai Satoda, 5 members are still part of Country Girls. Those 5 members have to face this reality and so far they have to continue to do their best with all their might.
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">To all of the fans, we have to apologize for making you worry but we would like to ask you to continue to support Country Girls in the future.
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">6th June 2015
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">UP-FRONT PROMOTION
<p style="color:rgb(20,24,35);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Ohama Minoru
</blockquote>

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="188732" data-time="1434136969">English Translation</blockquote>
Why didn't you link a superior translation from a superior website? :pirate:

Reading between the lines of corporate speak, it does seem they were negotiating and fighting over it fiercely and that not being able to come to an agreement did screw it up a lot for UF. From the tone of their message it seems that they are pointing the blame at Uta's family, and not even at inconvenience of travel or something neutral, but rather some unreasonable demands. We'll probably never hear the other side's story, but it seems pretty clear it wasn't an amicable split.

I can only hope it won't affect Uta too much, she doesn't deserve it. I had to be reminded of it, but when they performed as a support act for MM at Budokan in May, she got the most cheers of everyone by far, and seemed to have enjoyed herself too.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

^ That's linking to nothing? 
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

What do you mean, you can't see it? It works for me, and other people have already commented on it too.

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
^ That's linking to nothing? 
[/quote]

I get a blank page also.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I am able to see it.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Everything is ok with both the link and the post. :confused: Can you guys try accessing it through b!p front page?

#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

It works now. All good. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="aine"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="188732" data-time="1434136969">
English Translation
</blockquote>

Why didn't you link a superior translation from a superior website? :pirate:

Reading between the lines of corporate speak, it does seem they were negotiating and fighting over it fiercely and that not being able to come to an agreement did screw it up a lot for UF. From the tone of their message it seems that they are pointing the blame at Uta's family, and not even at inconvenience of travel or something neutral, but rather some unreasonable demands. We'll probably never hear the other side's story, but it seems pretty clear it wasn't an amicable split.

I can only hope it won't affect Uta too much, she doesn't deserve it. I had to be reminded of it, but when they performed as a support act for MM at Budokan in May, she got the most cheers of everyone by far, and seemed to have enjoyed herself too.

[/quote]

That's the feel I got from it too... Like they're blaming her family, asking for her to quit. It is indeed sad. From when she first appeared she was loved by many.... The only way I will feel okay with this is if they put Danbara in the group (which I'm not counting on as they said it will stay at 5 members.) Ugh, I haven't really been an active fan for a member leaving a group (sans MM grads), so this is new to me and it's not fun! :'(

PS-- Cue the Wota in Translation thread!
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

As much as I had predicted this, I still hoped it wouldn't happen. It felt like Uta was thrown into the idol world without necessarily being interested it, but seemed to grow a quick liking to it. Unfortunately, things didn't work out. The most sad at the possibility for is if her parents pulled her out of the group without her actually wanting to leave. But, we'll probably never know the truth.

I guess I'll just have to pay attention to the other 5 girls now~
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Well I don't want to make this really long:
she was my 2nd favorite, really really really sweet voice and aura,
Mai, Morito and Risa sound too awkward for me, we all know how cute Momoko sounds,
I don't think I would listen to their songs with this voices if Manaka was a sub-vocalist,
pretty much the group is all fucked up now,
it's nothing like Aina because not only their voices are like a bite of strawberry ice-cream in summer and a piece of rotten garlic,
but at least Karin was still there, and Uta was the only ace in the group...
Image Hey