The Offical PINK CRES. Dump Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: The Offical PINK CRES. Dump Thread

Post by GaleKakumei »

...Miya is still great... her partners on the other hand...
If you stopped before the dance break, consider yourself lucky. Yuuka and Hikaru have no idea what is going on.
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I don't see what's so bad about it? It was standard idol fare.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

For an indie group (like Rosario+Cross or something)? Yes. But I honestly just expected a bit more from them. For the song, I expected it to be a lot more... chic. And the dance isn't as sharp as I expected it to be (though they can fix this with time... kinda? I mean they are older) Typical idol fare is good, when you are meant to be a typical idol group... but they aren't. 
I'm sure they'll improve soon, and hopefully the first taste will give them better form for their first major stage.

Edit: I figured out why the song sounded so weird to me, I expected something more like Hot Winter after hearing the title. 
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Molly"]
I don't see what's so bad about it? It was standard idol fare.
[/quote]

I pretty much agree with Molly. Up into the little snippet of the dance break, all I really noticed was some off-key singing in the chorus, probably a bit too high for one them. (Not Miyabi, I think, one of the new members.)

Yeah, that little bit of dance break was the one truly horrid part, but, as they train more, they'll get better. They were probably much worse in the beginning.

I think the rather lackluster setting probably gave it a much more unpolished and rough air, too; a lot of other stages where H!P events (not concerts) are held seem to be a bit more wider and open, like a true miniature concert, rather than the kind of stage you'd expect someone to give an announcement to a hall full of students or employees, lol.

If it was the usual concert setting, I think it would've felt much more professional and true. Tsubaki was extremely horrid when they debuted, but even their little aura of idol-ness came out well on a real stage meant for music instead of... presenting or something.

Well, anyway, that's just my two cents on that. As for the song, I think I like it, 3 stars out 5-ish.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

To me they just seem really, really green more than anything.  They've done better in their practice videos than in this performance so I'm willing to bet they were also super, super terrified and nervous as well.

I'm not sure why you'd expect something Jolin Tsai esque because H!P hasn't really put out anything in that vein since Gocchin left.  I mean, it would've been cool but I also get why they didn't go in that direction - it would've alienated wota a lot, and wota are pretty much the only guaranteed fans at this point (and quite possibly the only fans they'll ever have, because UFP does not have the money, business sense, or creative people to produce a group like E-GIRLS that appeals to young women LOL).  This is kind of in a middle area where it suits Miyabi and feels fresh but also appeals to her old fans.

I like this song but there's literally no way they'll ever be able to sing it well live, LOL that chorus is killer and even Miyabi is at her limits with it.  I do like the song, though.  Kind of gives me Fore Fore vibes.  I can imagine it having a video similar to that.
Last edited by Farrah on Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

What... no offense, but how long have they been rehearsing this? It looks like they had only one day.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Well. Someone's pitch was off. The dancing was horrible. I liked the girl in shorts that rapped. But the song, the performance literally bored me to death. The other two don't have stage presence yet, they'll learn that. But even Miyabi was boring me. I don't have a verdict on if they were horrible or good, but they were boring.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

[quote="DonJuan"]
What... no offense, but how long have they been rehearsing this? It looks like they had only one day.
[/quote]
Exactly! I get the whole nerves part, but I still expected them to be able to hold it together a bit better. If the dance was more complex it wouldn't seem as disappointing.

[quote="Farrah"]

I'm not sure why you'd expect something Jolin Tsai esque because H!P hasn't really put out anything in that vein since Gocchin left.  I mean, it would've been cool but I also get why they didn't go in that direction - it would've alienated wota a lot, and wota are pretty much the only guaranteed fans at this point (and quite possibly the only fans they'll ever have, because UFP does not have the money, business sense, or creative people to produce a group like E-GIRLS that appeals to young women LOL).  This is kind of in a middle area where it suits Miyabi and feels fresh but also appeals to her old fans.

[/quote]
Not the same, but something a bit more bubbly and attractive. 
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Farrah"]
To me they just seem really, really green more than anything.  They've done better in their practice videos than in this performance so I'm willing to bet they were also super, super terrified and nervous as well.

I like this song but there's literally no way they'll ever be able to sing it well live, LOL that chorus is killer and even Miyabi is at her limits with it.  I do like the song, though.  Kind of gives me Fore Fore vibes.  I can imagine it having a video similar to that.
[/quote]

I think the vibe of the song fits Miyabi's aesthetic. 

I agree that they struggle with dancing but I think they looked for girls who had vocal potential and figured they'd work on the dancing. Whereas we're used to the H!P girls who come in being decent dancers and they attempt to work on the vocals.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Overall, I think they just weren't ready to be seen quite yet.  My guess is when we get an actual debut they'll be stronger.  Seems like they didn't even perform the full choreography here (I mean, surely there's dancing for more than the chorus, right?) so this just seems like a misguided too-soon stage performance.  Not sure why they got ushered out so quickly because they're giving me definite half-baked vibes.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Because they're performing at Budokan on Thursday and likely didn't want a stage that large to be their debut. If something that small made them nervous (and apparently it did according to blogs) I can't imagine how nerve-wracking Budokan would be.

There are videos of them on Upcoming and all that practicing but it all seems to be just general stuff and there's no telling how often they're actually rehearsing just from a few 10 minute clips. And being under M-line will pretty much guarantee they'll never get the kind of resources devoted to the H!P groups.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I agree with Anderei that the vibe fits Miyabi's aesthetic.  And I hated her outfit but it fit her, and most of the song, but then during the dance break I'm like this looks really stupid with this outfit.  The song itself is kind of boring.  BUT I still think Hikaru is adorable and I love her and want to love this group.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Eh they should've just let Miya go solo.

That one girl reminds me of an older Ozeki Mai for some reason.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

The name has been announced: PINK CRES. Apparently "cres" = crescendo, representing growth.

Hey I think I actually kinda like this name
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

It fits them perfectly... weird... a good name out of UF... It's been a while.
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I hate it. All I can see is "pink cries", and if they were trying to go for a cutesy short version, Pinkres would make more sense, considering the Japanese pinku + kureshendo = pinkure(su). The meaning behind it is nice, but I think PINK CRESCENDO as a whole rolls off better and has a more obvious stylish vibe that you don't have to look up to see.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I would have liked Crescendo too but maybe it's hard for them to say.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Official website.

Includes a link to a blog that isn't set up yet.

At the concert they performed Summer Wonderland plus two new songs called Warning ~Mirai Keihou~ and Uwa no Sora. I bet they'll go the Lovendor route and release an album before a single.

Here's what they wore. From pastels to boho:

Last edited by Anderei on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Pinku kurusendo is not  that hard to say.
Last edited by smtmissin on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Rehearsal for the Buono! concert live.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I was trying to come up with valid reasons to explain "Pink Cres" instead of "Pink Cresc".  The best one was that trying to romanize "cresc" would introduce too many syllables.

Then again, we have the ever-unfortunate Angerme.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="kitaoji"]
I was trying to come up with valid reasons to explain "Pink Cres" instead of "Pink Cresc".  The best one was that trying to romanize "cresc" would introduce too many syllables.

Then again, we have the ever-unfortunate Angerme.
[/quote]

I still think Angelarme would've been better if the intent was just angel + larme... it looks a bit more elegant, too, and not a bit of anger or germ to be seen, lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

ANGERME is the best name in the history of Jpop.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Angelarme sounds like Angel Army.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

With the new name came a harder sound so no complaints.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kitaoji" data-cid="199849" data-time="1472231574">
I was trying to come up with valid reasons to explain "Pink Cres" instead of "Pink Cresc". The best one was that trying to romanize "cresc" would introduce too many syllables.

Then again, we have the ever-unfortunate Angerme.</blockquote>

"Cresc" should be pronounced exactly like "cres" in this case, so I don't think romanizing is the problem. I think it's just more Engrish names in H!P like the Franglish "ANGERME" which I STIIILL read as Anger Me sometimes. No one really speaks the language but oooh pretty letters.

Also, being able to read Angerme as "an germe" is really the best gift H!P has ever given us.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oh I absolutely call them Anger Me all the time. I feel like that's what they want me to do.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

How are you supposed to read it in English, except Anger Me?  :huh:
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Probably with a really bad faux French accent, it's a bastardization. I know no French at all (save me, Meikochi), but it's probably something like "Anjoorm" with a kind of really quiet oo sound at the end since I've heard ending "e"s in French are kind of not there, but I don't know for sure.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="199880" data-time="1472316373">
Probably with a really bad faux French accent, it's a bastardization. I know no French at all (save me, Meikochi), but it's probably something like "Anjoorm" with a kind of really quiet oo sound at the end since I've heard ending "e"s in French are kind of not there, but I don't know for sure.</blockquote>

You're right about the ending "e" being not pronounced ! About the first "e", I'd say it should sound a bit more like the "u" in "must" or "just" for example. And I agree with you about the "(bad) faux French accent" idea, since French things are seen as very "chic" in Japan (while saying this, it reminds me an emission I saw with a Japanese introducing her house in France and the voice commenting literally kept repetiting "Oshareeee~ Oshareee~" even for the stairs haha).
Campy <3 !